Next Thread
Print Thread
#946960 04/15/15 09:32 AM
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on Nelson Agholor. I've been a recently and probably annoyingly, a huge pimp for Agholor. His overall impact to the team that drafts him is going to be immense. He reminds me of Randall Cobb in his impact that he'll bring to an offense. His versatility and playmaking ability is rare in a WR.

He'd probably have to be taken with the 19th pick in order for the Browns to get him. Either that or a trade up from 43. I'm curious to know if anyone thinks he would be worth it there or not.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we dont get one of the big 3 at 12, then I am going Agholor or Devin Smith in the 2nd. I think those 2 have as much upside as anyone in the draft. They are learning and improving.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
If we dont get one of the big 3 at 12, then I am going Agholor or Devin Smith in the 2nd. I think those 2 have as much upside as anyone in the draft. They are learning and improving.

+1 thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
U
All Pro
All Pro
U
I really like Agholor. If no WR in the 1st and he is there in the second, I definitely take him then. Also give him serious consideration with a trade down from 19 or trade up from 43. I probably wouldn't take him at 19 though, just because I imagine a defense lineman or edge rusher that I have ranked higher would be available there.

If no WR in the 1st and Agholor isn't there in the 2nd, I hope Tre McBride of William & Mary is there in the 3rd. I really, really like both Agholor and McBride.

E
Legend
Legend
E
15 more days baby! Can't get here quick enough. I know Agholor is the flavor of the week as all the NFL Network and ESPN stuff are talking about him.
I don't know much about him - No to first round and a definite Maybe to the 2nd... wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Agholor is clearly the fourth best wide receiver in this draft. I would put him above Parker too (depending on what you want out of your wide receiver). If he is there with the 19th pick I take him no questions asked. I would think about taking him with the 12th pick.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8tK4uRzx5s

Highlight video.

This kid looks really good. If he's the BPA at #19 or #43 go ahead and take him. Fills two needs and looks to have a ton of talent and upside.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
E
Legend
Legend
E
If I remember the one negative they said about him is that he only came on his senior year.

I'm like Huh? So what especially on some bad teams. Who cares, if what he did computes to the NFL...what do we care about his Jr, Soph, Fresh. seasons.

Other than that I really hope we don't use 19 on him.
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
If I remember the one negative they said about him is that he only came on his senior year.

I'm like Huh? So what especially on some bad teams. Who cares, if what he did computes to the NFL...what do we care about his Jr, Soph, Fresh. seasons.

Other than that I really hope we don't use 19 on him.
jmho

The same thing is true about Kevin White and people are complimentary about how hard he worked to improve, rank him as one of the top two if not the top Wr in this draft class and have him projected as high as #4 but definitely top 10

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I read yesterday that Kevin White has two younger brothers who are as gifted as their older brother.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Patriots are working out NA; he may not get out of the 1st round...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I like him.. I love his vision after the catch. Not a lot of WR's have that ability to maximize YAC.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

The Patriots are working out NA; he may not get out of the 1st round...

He will not get out of the first round. He has been a first round pick all along.

We should take him with the 19th pick.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wouldn't mind him at 19. He's a better player than Parker and the best WR I've scouted (haven't evaluated the top two guys, because I assume they will be gone). He's a good, solid, versatile player in a top 50 full of projects or simply over hyped prospects. In this draft, he's well worth the 19th overall. Comparing this class to last year's really makes me mad again and again. How in the world can you end up with a tackle shy CB and HS shortstop as QB in the first round? How do you NOT take a WR with starting calber ones available even on day 3? How can you draft two small school hypes in Desir and West over some of those WR? Inexplicable. The most deserving to be fired Browns GM gets a pass because of the "stability" issues before him. This team can't even get lucky with timing at any level.
There you go. From a little positive Agholor comment to Browns depression again tongue

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
I really like Agholor.

DGB is without question in my mind the best WR in the class.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Most talented or best? I definitely think DGB is the most talented, but he hasn't put it all together yet.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Most talented or best? I definitely think DGB is the most talented, but he hasn't put it all together yet.

Well, I watched DeVante Parker's game against Kentucky, and it was pretty good. Then I watched Amari Cooper's game against Kentucky, and it was also good. Then I watched DGB's 2013 cut-up against Kentucky and it was absolutely amazing. He was an unstoppable force.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If DGB gets his act together he will be as good as any WR in the history of the NFL, just like Josh Gordon, I hope he can change especially if we take him ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How does Agholor differ from the big 3??

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I actually think this year's WR class is really overrated.....especially at the top. I love Cooper, but White disappeared whenever a NFL quality CB covered him (the Big12 Ds suckered so you won't find many good CBS there, but watch the TCU game especially). Parker is decent, but not worth a top 15 pick imo. The only one who is worth a pick that high is Cooper. Last year Evans, Beckam, and Watkins were all top 15 worthy.....I don't see that much difference in White/Parker than guys like Strong, Agholor, and DGB. Really hope we don't waste a top pick on these guys.

With that said, Agholor is a decent prospect, but I think he might end up better suited for the slot and the Browns need a big playmaking WR on the outside. I would have him as 5th or 6th on my Browns board for that reason.

But what do I know, I think this is a really good draft for TES (depth wise...don't really like Williams enough to take him in the 1st), and most pundits think it's horrible...lol.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
E
Legend
Legend
E
brownie
Welcome to my world regarding WRs in general. I know not what you meant...but in my eyes they are all over rated wink DG-B does excite me a little bit. And he's a freaking druggy

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would venture a guess that the top three WR will be off the board before we pick at 12 .

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I would venture a guess that the top three WR will be off the board before we pick at 12 .

Agholor should be available. . .

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Safe bet !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

I think 1 will slide through, but after Cooper the other 2 are fading. Even though I like Bradford, I am afraid Farmer may randsome our draft for him.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 WR, USC, Nelson Agholor

Link Copied to Clipboard