Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
There are seven rounds to the draft. Every teams starts with 1 pick in every round = 7 picks. Then trades, compensations, and the occasional league penalties change things around a bit. Because of trades, the Browns have 10 picks this year, 7 in the first 5 rounds. That makes, in my mind, the last 3 picks in rounds 6&7, gravy picks.

Farmer earned the moniker "Trader Ray" last year by making trades and used his late round picks to move up in earlier rounds. We had no picks in the 6&7 rounds last year. But for this exercise, lets assume he doesn't trade our last 3 picks. Lets see what we might do with those picks. My picks are:

6a Jalston Fowler - cfrs has been championing this guy, and I like the idea. Nearly every time I've run those generator programs, he's been on the board at this point.
6b Obum Gwacham - very athletic but very raw DE out of Oregon State. He's a converted WR with only 1 yr experience at DE. A project with big upside.
7 Justin Manton - or whoever the Browns have rated as their highest kicker.

Last edited by W84NxtYrAgain; 04/16/15 02:35 PM.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
E
Legend
Legend
E
6 & 7 usually for a raw no risk high reward guy...this is where the scouts have to earn their keep.

Who...right now no idea. But your Amonty Bryant types would apply.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's really hard to predict who we might take late in the draft, because in most cases your 5th, 6th, and 7th round guys are either on special teams, practice squad, or end up on waivers. Here are a few names worth keeping an eye on if they're still on the board late in the draft, guys with low risk and that "high reward" that our scouts will be looking for.

Nick Perry FS/Alabama
TY Montgomery WR/Stanford
Austin Hill WR/Arizona
Josh Robinson RB/Mississippi State
Michael Dyer RB/Louisville
Wes Saxton TE/South Alabama
Justin Manton K/UL Monroe
Sam Ficken K/Penn State

Depending on what we still need, I would be cool Farmer drafting any of those names in the late stages of the draft.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Moe/What's A matta U
Larry/What's A matta U
Curly/What's A matta U

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
Using CBS Sports draft rankings as a guide as to who would be available, I'd go:

6.189 Sean Hickey, OT/OG, Syracuse, 6-5 3/8, 309

6.202 Nick Marshall, ATH, Auburn, 6-1 4/8, 207

7.229 Geremy Davis, WR, UConn, 6-2 3/8, 216

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think you could get a player that could make the team and help out the Browns winning percentage in Evan Spencer, Wr out of Ohio State.

If you know me, you know I put high value in how a prospect did in bowl games. Only one team won two this season, and being near to those games the past few years, Evan Spencer is a plus player.

What's that mean, well like in hockey, a plus minus ratio, does the team score points (+) when you are on the ice, or give up points (-) when you are on the ice. I think Evan Spencers + - ratio would be very positive.

Just gather this because like with any game I watch. A play happens, its either a good play or a bad play and usually a players name is mentioned. You begin to associate a players name with memories of the good or bad plays that happen.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I think any offensive player that doesn't play with Blake Bortles or Matt Schaub would have a pretty high +/-

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quoting GrimmBrown from the other thread:

"It's funny how two people can watch the same film and see two completely different things. Here's a link to that SCar game with some commentary from a couple scouts (not sure how reputable, but it's an interesting listen).

Bud Dupree vs. S Carolina- RSP Film Room

He admittedly has some rough edges, but his ceiling is super high."

1st - Not how reputable these guys are, looks like the one guy is broadcasting from the bedroom of some high school kid.

2nd - Did you watch the link you posted? They criticize his tackling and the good stuff they have to say about him are all potential. They keep saying look at how he does this , that's why we think he can be good.

They point out that he has a great 1st two steps. On re-watch, yes he has a quick 1st two steps but most of the time that leads him to be pushed wide out of the play.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Fowler will be gone long before the sixth round. I think the Bucs might take him over Winston.

None of us have any clue who will be available with these later picks. I will say that I would take a shot on George Farmer, Ellis McCarthy, and Nick Marshall.

Farmer was one of the best high school players in the nation and then got jerked around at USC by Lane Kiffin. He was never really given a chance to succeed. I would consider moving him back to corner.

McCarthy because he went to high school about 1.5 miles from house and was one of the best high school defensive tackle prospects the year he came out.

Marshall because he is super athletic and I think, if given time, he can develop into a contributor in some capacity.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Switching threads on me, Jester? You must open all the threads in their own tabs like me. It can be hard to keep track at times. I'll respond back in the right thread.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I do open all the threads in their own tabs but that had nothing to do with it. Actually I got confused. I didn't notice that this said last 3 picks. I misread it and thought the other thread got closed because of length and someone starting a continuation thread.

My bad.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 The Last 3 picks (assuming no trades)

Link Copied to Clipboard