D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
...then draft this guy:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/antwan-goodley-vs-kansas-state-2014/

Imagine Cribbs with 4.4 speed ooo

How in the world is Parker a top 15 pick and this guy just some random mid rounder? It's not even close

So he's raw, well, which Baylor WR isn't? This college has brought out Josh Gordon and Terrence Williams recently.

I mean, just read the scouting report on nfl.com, if you're too lazy or clueless to evaluate tape:

"Strengths Big-time vertical speed and explosiveness. Can open up his hips and stride past corners on vertical routes. ...
Desired body control. Excels at catch-and-run game. Goes from wide receiver to running back instantly after the catch. (this is the Cribbs part) Breaks tackles and is always looking to hit the home run after the catch. Offers unique versatility. ...

Bottom Line
Goodley is a top-heavy wide receiver with a running back's frame and an ability to make teams pay after the catch. The biggest concern in scouting circles is how quickly he can adapt to NFL routes and how his hands will hold up if he's asked to make his living over the middle of the field in traffic. Goodley isn't the talent that Percy Harvin is, but he can be used in some of the same, creative ways.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/antwan-goodley?id=2552406

Oh, and if you want a Parker-like talent, just draft another Devante (Davis) in round 7. Same player on tape, I'm not kidding. Same height and measurables. Just ran a 4.57 instead of Parker's 4.45. Other than that, carbon copy

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown

How in the world is Parker a top 15 pick and this guy just some random mid rounder? This college has brought out Josh Gordon and Terrence Williams recently.

Goodley also perhaps with the same contacts in the illegal drug trade as Gordon too...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My sleeper as well Dj.....love him, and at that value ALOT more than White or Parker whom I wouldn't touch at 19 much less 12. AG is way underrated, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thanks DJ...pretty much supports my theory on WR...available anywhere in the draft.

The kid Goodley sounds like a perfect Kickoff return guy. maybe the other side of the Kickoff as well - worked for Cribbs. As he develops as a possible WR. He learns his route running we got Hawkins a good guy to mirror - get those hands better. He could move up the ladder starting with Benjamin. But get on the Roster via ST.
Good pick up.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The good thing for us this draft is that we have the extra picks to use to acquire guys like this. All those later round picks can be used to build depth and take a shot at a prospect like this.

Legend
Legend
He definitely sounds like a guy who could contribute on teams as he learns to play WR more completely.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Yeah I've been a big fan of Goodley since the 2013 college season. I really don't understand how he's rated so low. I have him as a 4th rounder for this draft, but only because there are so many damn wideouts.

http://www.cornerblitz.com/2015/Rankings/Post-Combine/WRf.aspx

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Yeah I've been a big fan of Goodley since the 2013 college season. I really don't understand how he's rated so low. I have him as a 4th rounder for this draft, but only because there are so many damn wideouts.

http://www.cornerblitz.com/2015/Rankings/Post-Combine/WRf.aspx

Does that list seriously have Kevin White listed as a second round prospect? saywhat

Legend
Legend
Yep. It's all my opinion.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Our special teams unit, outside of coverage, was just flat out horrid. Chris Tabor seems to continuously make it through regime shifts, he had better find a way to at least get it beyond the 20 on kickoffs, or teach whoever to get on a knee. And for Pete's sake can we PLEASE find a way to get some yardage on those punt returns.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'll settle for no fumbles.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Anyone interested in Josh Cribbs 2.0?...

Link Copied to Clipboard