Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Paco
Food for thought...

The state of the team has changed, most of us on here are looking to secure depth and backups in case of injury. We haven't argued much about which glaring need is more important to fill first.

My point being is that w the exception of QB, overall this team has penciled in proven starters at almost all of the positions.
Which is an argument for trading multiple picks for a QB.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Food for thought...

The state of the team has changed, most of us on here are looking to secure depth and backups in case of injury. We haven't argued much about which glaring need is more important to fill first.

My point being is that w the exception of QB, overall this team has penciled in proven starters at almost all of the positions.

Agreed on your philosophy but wouldnt do it with the QBs available this year. Even if you pick up Petty in later rounds, he is not NFL ready. I do think that if you give him a year or 2 to learn he could be very good.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Food for thought...

Agreed on your philosophy but wouldnt do it with the QBs available this year. Even if you pick up Petty in later rounds, he is not NFL ready. I do think that if you give him a year or 2 to learn he could be very good.
Yeah, I thought about adding something to that effect, but then figured it went without saying. I guess I was wrong. smile

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
He is also the most talented player in this draft. I think Farmer will take a shot on him.
DGB looks like he could be another Gordon. Farmer is taking flak for first round picks with attitude issues in Gilbert and Manziel. The risk of picking another problem, in this situation, outweighs the benefit of drafting his talent over someone like Agholor.

I would be absolutely shocked if Farmer takes DGB any sooner than the 3rd or 4th round. I just cannot see this team rolling the dice on ANOTHER problem child with off the field issues. I think Pettine is determined to build a locker room with high character, hard working guys. Very much doubt that DGB is ever a Cleveland Brown.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
Food for thought...

There is always room for upgrades right?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Food for thought...

You forget that we are a terribly talentless team that will be lucky to win a game because no one gets along with each other. Also because Browns.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Food for thought...

You forget that we are a terribly talentless team that will be lucky to win a game because no one gets along with each other. Also because Browns.

rofl

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Im not saying we that we have superior talent at all positions. But compared to previous years pre-draft, this board is usually argueing over which dire need position we need to fill first. This year... not so much.

I just think its a reflection of the level of talent that this team has now. We are decent qb play away from competing for a playoff spot, even prior to this draft... imho.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Watching this now on ESPN2, pretty interesting, this should be good to see what happens with the Browns:)

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: MrKelso
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
He is also the most talented player in this draft. I think Farmer will take a shot on him.
DGB looks like he could be another Gordon. Farmer is taking flak for first round picks with attitude issues in Gilbert and Manziel. The risk of picking another problem, in this situation, outweighs the benefit of drafting his talent over someone like Agholor.

I would be absolutely shocked if Farmer takes DGB any sooner than the 3rd or 4th round. I just cannot see this team rolling the dice on ANOTHER problem child with off the field issues. I think Pettine is determined to build a locker room with high character, hard working guys. Very much doubt that DGB is ever a Cleveland Brown.

Considering we took Gilbert and Manzeil in round one last year and stuck w/Gordon...........what makes you think that character is important to the Browns?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Considering we took Gilbert and Manzeil in round one last year and stuck w/Gordon...

Character is now an issue. Lots of egg on the faces of the front office.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Watching this now on ESPN2, pretty interesting, this should be good to see what happens with the Browns:)

Looks like they have the Browns taking Shelton at 12 and Cameron Erving at #19. I turned it on late and missed the initial commentary but at they end Polian didn't care for either pick.

He didn't like Shelton's 40 time stating that no player at his position who has run a 5.6 like Shelton did at the combine has been successful in recent years.

He just said about Erving that he didn't think he was a good fit for the Browns but didn't elaborate.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Jester

Looks like they have the Browns taking Shelton at 12 and Cameron Erving at #19. I turned it on late and missed the initial commentary but at they end Polian didn't care for either pick.

He didn't like Shelton's 40 time stating that no player at his position who has run a 5.6 like Shelton did at the combine has been successful in recent years.

He just said about Erving that he didn't think he was a good fit for the Browns but didn't elaborate.

Not going to lie Sheltons 40 time is pretty scary...that's right near Terrance Codys numbers...and he was a horrible bust..Heck I think Rich Eisen with running shoes and an actual practice, may beat Shelton's 40 time lol

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 04/28/15 09:26 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester

Right, Polian said that 40 time is a HUGE RED FLAG and he's more or less a 1.5-down player. McShay said the same thing, but said he does play faster and is exactly what the Browns need, but with the draft being weak at this position, he understands why we'd go with him.

And Polian thought Erving was a player you take lower than 19. There were better picks available but wasn't completely against the selection.

I've actually flipped on the Shelton pick. Assuming he's a huge body that can stop the run but isn't fast enough to play on some 2nd's and most 3rd downs, he'd be a great addition, but not with one of our 1st round selections. Right?

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 espn mock draft special

Link Copied to Clipboard