Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st String
1st String
Know the feeling of working with the public. You think working with customers is easy. Believe me as someone that worked with them for ten years, it is not at all!

I know what it is like to to be riduculed and insulted. Not to mention humiliated.

Sadly the public is always right in order for places to remain open.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: JPPT1974
Know the feeling of working with the public. You think working with customers is easy. Believe me as someone that worked with them for ten years, it is not at all!

I know what it is like to to be riduculed and insulted. Not to mention humiliated.

Sadly the public is always right in order for places to remain open.

Not always. Every once in a while that road goes the other way.

When I was a senior in high school, and for a few years after, I worked at the Perkins in Euclid. Anyone who lived in or near Euclid knew that Perkins because the place was always the place to be on the weekends for breakfast. Always packed.

I bussed tables and washed dishes. One day when I was near the register area I was putting away glasses when a server said a table had stiffed her on the tip. The owner, who was close by, overheard this conversation, asked the girl who it was, and funny enough, they were still outside talking. He went out there and told them to never come back. They tried to play the whole shaming the business for treating a customer like that, and he promised them that if they drove by the restaurant on any saturday or sunday during the year, they'd be packed. People in the restaurant were talking about it the whole time. It was hilarious. We were open one Easter just for breakfast, and while we were closing up shop, he stuck in a 50 in my pocket and thanked me for coming. That guy was the coolest boss ever. He wanted you to work hard and all that but he had zero problem standing up for his own. Sometimes the customer isn't right, sometimes the customer is a straight up A-hole.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: chirp30
Whats sad about this whole thing is if a pro athlete would have done this ESPN would be airing it 24/7.

That goes for the media in general. They are so quick to crucify just about anyone for even the slightest of offenses, rile the masses up in outrage, and then demand everyone pickup pitchforks and torches and get the person fired or ruin their life in some other way. But if one of their own does something like that? Well, then we'll never hear about it (unless it's someone high-profile).

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c

A one week paid vacation is her punishment. Laughable.

Awww, come on! If you are an aging ESPN exec, and she's your squeeze, you'd make sure she only got a week paid leave, too. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum ESPN's Britt McHenry Outraged

Link Copied to Clipboard