Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Having spent time before the draft looking at a lot of prospects, here is what I'd like to see the Browns do.

1A) Danny Shelton: Again, monster of a NT, plug and play for 10 years and instantly improve your up the gut rush defense. A defensive front of Starks-Shelton-Taylor would be impossible for teams to match at times.

1B) Breshad Perriman: He's the game breaking type WR that the Browns should look for. I love Nelson Agholor and would be absolutely fine with him too, but Perriman is the guy with the highest upside. His hands issue is over blown, and he is electric down field. Would be a steal at 19, IMO.

2) Preston Smith: Another weapon for the Browns on defense, I think Smith could play anywhere in the front 7 at any time. People rave about Malcom Brown's versatility, I think Smith has much more with more production.

3A) Donovan Smith: Might not make it this far, but he's a future OG waiting to happen. He'll be a quality replacement either for Bitonio when he goes to RT, or Greco if he goes anywhere or starts to decline.

4A) Jeff Heuerman: The ultimate sleeper pick of this draft by everyone, he's going to be a great NFL tight end. His use at Ohio State was underwhelming and he has the talent to be a 1st rounder, IMO.

4B) Henry Anderson: A really good DE from Stanford, he'll be an eventual starter in the NFL. He's got fairly average measurables, but he jumps out on tape.

My only problem in this draft is the Browns ultimately don't get an elite pass rusher, but I also don't know if there are many that I like for the Browns. Harold is likely gone by the 2nd round, and I'm not a big fan of OO from UCLA.

you had a good run Hank.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd be okay with this draft, not ecstatic.

I like Shelton, but I think he's being over rated. I see him as a better, if slightly slower, Ahtyba.

I agree that Perriman's hands are better than he's given credit and I could see ways the draft plays out where he's the BPA on the Brown's board at that spot. Risky, though.

I haven't looked too in depth on Preston, but I think you're overplaying his versatility. I think he's best off as a down lineman.

I like Donovan if we don't get Flowers, Scherff, Collins, or Clemmings earlier. Think he goes in the second round, though.

If Heuerman can stay healthy, he should be a player. 4th round is a good place to take that chance.

Unfortunately, I've seen Anderson as a dark horse first rounder. Analytics types are really high on him. Don't think he makes it here. I actually think we're good on the D-line outside of a run-stuffing nose though. How often are your top 4 options for the 3 line spots going to miss significant time in a season.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 BBD Day Before Mock Draft Rounds (Only 4 rounds)

Link Copied to Clipboard