Print Thread
#959142 05/15/15 05:57 AM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
frown

Legend
Legend
Saw this when I woke up this morning ... sad news to hear.

As a sophomore basketball player in college (around 2006), our team had a game in Indianapolis. After the game we arrived at the hotel to unwind and find something to eat. When we entered there was a huge crowd in the lobby gathered around BB King, who had just performed in the city.

All of us players wanted to take pictures and meet him, so we hung around and waited ... eventually we chatted and he was very interested in hearing about our team, games, record, etc.

About an hour later we all were about to leave the hotel to find something to eat ... get down in the lobby, and the receptionist said that Mr. King had purchased dinner for us. Minutes later tons of pizza, subs, burgers, etc were delivered to the hotel. Pretty neat guy.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Sad day but one great story.. THanks Dawgs

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
cry

Sad day... one of the best

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
The thrill is gone. frown

RIP BB King. Somehow, using the Blues, you managed to bring a lot of joy into the lives of almost everyone who ever heard you sing.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The thrill is gone.

I gots dem blues.

D
Legend
Legend
D
RIP, BB King. Saw him at the old Front Row almost 30 years ago. He and his band rocked the house. Awesome guitarist, singer, and songwriter.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Damn! This was the guy on the Favorite Musicians thread I asked about twice if anyone else liked him but me. Never got a response.

He was one of my all-time favorites. I also put him on my all-time best lead guitarists list.

This sucks! BB King was truly a musical genius.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
The King of the Blues is now together with The King of Rock and Roll and The King of Glory,Jesus, in Heaven. Now another piece of Rock n Roll Heaven Band is joined together forming one heck of a band. Lucille are you going to RnR HOF?

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Homicide probe to be launched into B.B. King's death: officials

Nevada officials said on Monday they would conduct a homicide investigation into the death of B.B. King who died this month at age 89, after two of his daughters leveled accusations that the blues great was murdered.

The Clark County, Nevada coroner's office said in a posting on Twitter that it had taken jurisdiction over King's body, and that autopsy results would take a minimum of six to eight weeks.

"Our coroner takes jurisdiction over #BBKing body, performs autopsy. Results:6-8wks min," it said, adding that a homicide investigation would be conducted along with the Las Vegas police department.

Two of King's children, Karen Williams and Patty King, alleged that King was poisoned, ostensibly by two of his longtime associates including one who had power of attorney over his affairs, the Associated Press reported.

"I believe my father was poisoned and that he was administered foreign substances. I believe my father was murdered," each woman said in statements contained in documents submitted to the AP by their lawyer.

An attorney for King's estate called the allegations unfounded and disrespectful, AP said.

The women also claimed in news video posted online that members of King's family were prevented from visiting him by the two associates during his final days.

King, a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member who died in Las Vegas on May 14, had said earlier in the month he was in hospice care at his home after being hospitalized in April with dehydration related to diabetes.

King's funeral was scheduled to be held on Friday in Mississippi. It was unclear whether the investigation would delay that.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/homi...ials/ar-BBkeOr1

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Stop spreading rumors.

Medical Examiner says no poisoning.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Funny, the article actually states that there would be an autopsy conducted that would take six to eight weeks. Did you actually bother reading it?

Quote:
The Clark County, Nevada coroner's office said in a posting on Twitter that it had taken jurisdiction over King's body, and that autopsy results would take a minimum of six to eight weeks.

Hello McFly!!!!!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
BB is dead, let him rest in peace.

Move along now...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hey I don't make the news, I just report it.

rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
brownie

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... B.B....The King is dead

Link Copied to Clipboard