Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#964046 06/06/15 01:13 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So I just got home from the gym, and my wife is at work.

Got home.....my wife's nail polish and paint is all over the floor and table. My girls built some ghetto ass ladder to get into the cabinets, used pliers to open the nail paint, and painted their toes and nails.

since they don't have a pair of earrings yet, they decided to use the paint to make a dot on their ears where the earrings would go.

They also painted their faces, and now look like some Aztec warriors, not exactly feminine.....but i must applaud the effort.

anyway, now i have to go to the mall and buy all the nail polish brands so my wife(hopefully) won't notice anything is missing.

I can't imagine the chaos once both of them are teenagers. wish me luck.

Last edited by Swish; 06/06/15 01:13 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
wish me luck.

You don't need luck. You need a Survival class!
p.s. I had 4 boys, no girls, so what do I know anyway...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
C
Legend
Legend
C
Were they home alone?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Were they home alone?

yep. We got a nice Gym at the top of the apartment building, i was gone for 30 minutes.

what a mistake.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ages?

Wait till one is of legal age and still at home.

It's always a thrill to wave goodbye to her and her "flavor of the month" that just picked her up on his Hayabusa.

You really haven't experiences all of the emotions that life has to offer until you experience that.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
6 and 4.

and man....definitely not looking forward to what you described. and i know it's gonna happen...ugh.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above:

"You don't need luck. You need a Survival class!"

I second that. Big time.

C
Legend
Legend
C
This seems like more of a "leaving two kids alone" thing, more than a "girls" thing.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This seems like more of a "leaving two kids alone" thing, more than a "girls" thing.

well, i never heard of boys messing with mommy's make up.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C

The make up would have probably been the least of your worries.

Legend
Legend

I think Obama may have but that may have been a chain mail too!

#GMSTRONG
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I think Obama may have but that may have been a chain mail too!

lol bruh wow

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Just playing off of Rocket's comment in the Canadian thread.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

My two year old son got into his mama's makeup once..... Trashed the bathroom and himself...

Not as bad as the time he decided to take his diaper off after pooping though

I don't have older kids but I don't think I'd trust a 4 and 6 y/o home alone...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Left a 6 and 4 year old home alone? Wow. This isn't a daughter problem. This is a parenting problem.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Typically they are ok.

The gym is only a couple floors above us. So I go 30 minutes on the bike and come back down.

This is the first time there's been all out destruction. And it wasn't even destruction, just my wife's make up stuff.

And yea... She noticed stuff was out of place. She asked, the kids started laughing, I couldn't keep a straight face either.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Left a 6 and 4 year old home alone? Wow. This isn't a daughter problem. This is a parenting problem.

I'm with you. A lot can happen in 30 minutes that a 6 year old and a 4 year old are not mature enough/ready to handle. I don't like giving parenting advice because I know I am certainly not the perfect parent, but IMO that is way to young to leave alone for even 30 minutes.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I have two daughters that are 8 and 6. They really are very well behaved but there is no way in hell I leave them alone. Just the thought of one of them having an accident and dying because there was no one there to take them to the hospital is enough reason to never leave a young kids alone.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i understand.

thats cool guys if you don't agree.

i'm just different. at 6 i was playing with my friends in the woods and stuff when my parents were stationed in Ft. Stewart, GA.

i know it was a different time in the 90's. but besides this incident, nothing has ever happen. i don't leave the building without them, just go upstairs to the gym.

- Theodore Roosevelt
J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
i understand.

thats cool guys if you don't agree.

i'm just different. at 6 i was playing with my friends in the woods and stuff when my parents were stationed in Ft. Stewart, GA.

i know it was a different time in the 90's. but besides this incident, nothing has ever happen. i don't leave the building without them, just go upstairs to the gym.

no kids, but im with you. i was a mischievous little kid, but by that age i was sneaking out of my moms view, and off for the woods or where ever else.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
2 girls, so far so good. They are messy though.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Don't take this the wrong way:

A family here in town, on Saturday evening, had a fire in their house. Luckily, mom and dad were both home at the time, along with their 3 kids. House is a complete loss. It didn't take long either. Before the f.d. got there, the house was basically gone.

I know apartments have alarms and sprinkler systems, etc. But, even 30 minutes............

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
**incoming flame***

I am hoping you posted this to troll us. If so, you got me... if not.....

Don't ever leave your children at home by themselves, they are too young anything can happen. (fire, choking, drowning, broken arms)

If I was your neighbor I would call children services so fast and then your kids will be taken away, and you would be charged with neglect.

This an't the 90s when we grew up, you know better, its always better to be safe then sorry.

Take this how you want it, I am not sure why you even posted this.

Legend
Legend
In 1979, my mom would let me play in the backyard by myself for hours when I was six. I'd climb trees and wander all over the lot. I'm sure she didn't see me for 20-30 minutes at a time. But that was 1979.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but I think the times have changed. I don't think I'd leave my 7-year old daughter alone in the house, but that's because I know she's crazy. She'd be eating ice cream in the tub, she'd paint the cat pink, and then jump on my work computer (not use, literally JUMP on it).

I will bring her to the workout room in our building. I'll give her an iPad and set her in the corner. It works fine. I also will workout in the house if I don't want to bring her down there.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
my parents let me do the same thing.

That's why i don't see a big deal. besides, people be around their kids, and they still destroy stuff.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't imagine the chaos once both of them are teenagers. wish me luck.

Lots of it. Teenage boys will destroy your stuff. Teenage girls try to destroy your soul.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
my parents let me do the same thing.

That's why i don't see a big deal. besides, people be around their kids, and they still destroy stuff.

I have given my kids more freedom than most of my friends at an early age but not sure I'd leave them at home alone at 4 and 6... not even for 30 minutes.

And I think it's worse when there are 2... my daughter home alone (she's 11 now) for an hour is no big deal, she'll just watch TV and won't even know I'm gone. Throw in a second one, that's when the bad ideas start. tongue

yebat' Putin
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I let my 9 year old stay home alone sometimes, but not with her little sister...

Legend
Legend
I say no big deal!

Once you arrive home from family services at the First Church of Cannabis, dumping the kids for a good workout ain't no thang.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Don't have daughters.

Link Copied to Clipboard