Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
if you tell me Reuben is gonna battle an injured ankle and personal issues, Gilbert is gonna have a meltdown, Big Phil is gonna blow out his knee, Armonty blows out a knee, Hughes is gonna be out with ankle and back, Desmond is gonna ply like crap for all but last couple of weeks, Haden dansy and Haden are gonna miss time as well, I would have said yay we get the #1 overall pick.

What Pet did with that ravaged defense was some of the greatest coaching I have seen period. No excuses just next man up.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I haven't read any of the posts in this thread, but my first thought was this:

Yes, the roster is transformed. But we do not know if it is transformed for the better. Mangini transformed the roster as well -- and then we ended up with [probably] the least talented team in the league (I do not think what Farmer/Pettine have done is similar to what Mangini did).

D
DG Offline
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
“We just feel so much better now,” WHy don't I feel better...maybe because our two first round picks last year were complete busts and one in just getting out of alcohol rehab and the other is completely incapable of breaking the starting line up. We have no passing or WR and our best TE left because he doesn't want to play here. We have no team unity and we are unlikely to have a winning season this century.

Last edited by DG; 08/06/15 08:41 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DG
“We just feel so much better now,” WHy don't I feel better...maybe because our two first round picks last year were complete busts and one in just getting out of alcohol rehab and the other is completely incapable of breaking the starting line up. We have no passing or WR and our best TE left because he doesn't want to play here. We have no team unity and we are unlikely to have a winning season this century.

This post surely does not deserve a serious response...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

This post surely does not deserve a serious response...

ofcourse not. sometimes things are so evident that they need no comments

Last edited by pblack18707; 08/12/15 03:37 PM.

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
we are unlikely to have a winning season this century.

We already have.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
When the Mike Pettine-Ray Farmer era began Feb. 11, 2014, 67 of the players who will enter Cleveland Browns training camp Thursday weren’t on the roster.

Let that number sink in. 67 new players. Only 22 remain from the team that met the Steelers in Week 17 of the 2013 season.

well just the first waive of cuts and you can count 2 more off that 22.

Phil Taylor and Ishmaa'ily Kitchen,

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Farmers stand in for his ban has been named.
Executive Chief of staff, Bill Kuharich taking the wheel.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Farmers stand in for his ban has been named.
Executive Chief of staff, Bill Kuharich taking the wheel.

No real surprise there.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Why couldn't they wait to suspend him until, say, late April early May next year?

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Quote:
When the Mike Pettine-Ray Farmer era began Feb. 11, 2014, 67 of the players who will enter Cleveland Browns training camp Thursday weren’t on the roster.

Let that number sink in. 67 new players. Only 22 remain from the team that met the Steelers in Week 17 of the 2013 season.

well just the first waive of cuts and you can count 2 more off that 22.

Phil Taylor and Ishmaa'ily Kitchen,

add billy winn to the list

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Quote:
How Ray Farmer, Mike Pettine completely transformed the Cleveland Browns roster in 2 years

By cutting decent players and bringing in stiffs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
and trading away talent for late rounds picks.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Did they bring Banner back? saywhat

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

Quote:
How Ray Farmer, Mike Pettine completely transformed the Cleveland Browns roster in 2 years

I'm not sure I totally agree Vers I mean after all we had more then our share of stiffs to begin with. In no small way the so called solid players were major contributors to our poor records.

I think Text is a egomaniac who thinks (wrongly) that he is smarter then everyone and that and that alone is the major contributor to his failings in the draft especially in the 1st round.

How can anyone endorse a GM that has had 4 years worth of 1st round picks in the books and only one starter?

Hell the 1st round, not second round but 1st round pick from this year can't crack the starting line up? IF your not asking yourself why we drafted the guy to begin with then just what is it your asking yourself?

At some point the rules these 2 have laid out for the organization (accountability) apply to them as well. Their handling of the QB spot has been horrid at its very best.

A 7-9 football team needs lots of things but a 1st round bench warmer isn't one of those things.

I concur with those that have pointed out the supposed success Text has had in getting talent for this team via UFA. What a farce that is.. Truly if UFA are making your team your team SUCKS, to begin with. And yes they look at the Browns and say yes I think I can make that roster because we SUCK, so they come here, and they should.

Point being we have excused Texts less then stellar drafts because of his supposed success in finding RFA.

Then you look at the QB mess we have and the responses from both Pet and Text. Easily the dumbest remarks I have ever heard and the kind of responses I expect from the casual fan not supposed seasoned NFL personal.

Still I want then here maybe they got it right and I got it all wrong, SMH.

I do know this though I expect us to get our asses handed to us this year I really do between the schedule and the lack of effort to shore up the QB spot they have sealed our fate.

It hasn't been all bad news from these guys but man o man there have been to many swings and misses. Lets just put it this way, no more, no no no more or they both have to go.

To me they get this year and maybe next then its game on its put up or pack up.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum How Ray Farmer, Mike Pettine completely transformed the Cleveland Browns roster in 2 years

Link Copied to Clipboard