Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
U
I'm from the Syracuse, NY area and have a brother who works at Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin, OH. I've never been to a home Browns game, and now that my brother works in Ohio I'm hoping to make the trip to see him and see a Browns game as well. The weekend I am looking at is the weekend of October 17th and 18th. It just so happens that the Buckeyes are home against Penn State on October 17th, and the Browns are home against Denver on October 18th.

I would love to attend both games, although I don't know if both will be economically feasible. My main question, however, is about the best time to purchase tickets on the secondary market (StubHub, NFL Ticket Exchange, etc.). Am I better off buying tickets now, or do they get any cheaper closer to the day of the game?

Any advice on the best time to buy tickets, or any other advice about attending the games, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
You should probably buy tickets to the PSU game quickly if there are any left. We're going to debut new uniforms and it's a night game. I wouldn't wait till later.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was looking at Broncos tickets as well since I might be in town. I must say, the Cleveland Browns process of purchasing tickets is ATROCIOUS! You punch in some parameters and it gives you a whopping one option at a time. I just want to see what is available and compare before deciding where I want to sit. I gave up and decided to use the NFL ticket exchange instead when it comes time to purchase. I was just going to pull the trigger but I don't want it shoving me in a crappy seat when I could pay just a few dollars more for a better seat. I'd rather wait until I know for sure I'm coming and sit in a seat that I actually want to be in, not in some single random option that a computer decided for me.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
That is ticketmaster. I can understand why their system is set up that way. They deal in a higher volume of ticket sales then do outfits like stubhub.

When I bought direct from the Browns before I had season tickets, I just plugged in best available and went with that.

Generally, they sell at a faster pace then do the off market sites. If you went back and forth, you might go back and the seat is sold. Then back again and that seat is sold. Ticket master locks that seat for maybe 5 minutes while you decide and enter the payment info.

It is what it is.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Find OSU tickets as quickly as you can. They are going to be a lot more expensive than the Browns tickets. Assuming the Browns don't morph into the Seattle Seahawks before mid October, going through stub-hub or any of the other outlets is definitely the way to go. You should get a pretty good deal. I don't think it's any kind of hurry either. The nosebleed seats in FES are solid seats.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Bucs and Dolphins let you see everything. It makes no sense that the Browns don't.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
if you want to see the browns on the cheap wait until Nov/Dec when we are 3-10 and you can basically get them for free

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns and Ohio State Football Ticket Advice

Link Copied to Clipboard