Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#986388 08/17/15 04:02 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I have recently started converting my physical collections of DVD's and Blu Rays to digital. Part of that collection includes some Browns related items (NFL Films doc, History of the Cleveland Browns) as well as some Indians stuff.

I am interested in finding more games (Cavs and Indians as well) to add to the collection. Does anyone know of any resources to purchase old games like this, whether its already in digital format or physical DVD's/VHS?

Eat it Phil...
brownsfan2119 #986399 08/17/15 05:13 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I had every Browns win from 1982 to 1995 on VHS ... But lost them all with many other precious family things when our house burnt down frown

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
PastorMarc #986427 08/17/15 06:21 PM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I had every Browns win from 1982 to 1995 on VHS ... But lost them all with many other precious family things when our house burnt down frown

Whoa. saywhat Given the history post-'99, those wins sure were "precious" too.

brownsfan2119 #986466 08/17/15 09:10 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119
I have recently started converting my physical collections of DVD's and Blu Rays to digital. Part of that collection includes some Browns related items (NFL Films doc, History of the Cleveland Browns) as well as some Indians stuff.

I am interested in finding more games (Cavs and Indians as well) to add to the collection. Does anyone know of any resources to purchase old games like this, whether its already in digital format or physical DVD's/VHS?

Outside of third party stuff, like bitorrent, or some NFL geek's FTP, you won't really find many old NFL games.

College football has full games on Youtube. I put together a collection with the Big Ten Championship, Sugar Bowl, and NC game. It's good quality too. If you get a good youtube converter, it's a few gigs file. I'm going to put them all on DVD.

I used to have the Browns-Jets double OT game, but I cannot find it. It may be on an old hard drive somewhere.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I used to have the Browns-Jets double OT game, but I cannot find it. It may be on an old hard drive somewhere.

I have that game on VHS. Too bad I don't have a VHS player anymore.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #986493 08/17/15 11:04 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

I would think you could take that VHS tape "somewhere" and have it copied to a DVD?

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: brownsfan2119

Outside of third party stuff, like bitorrent, or some NFL geek's FTP, you won't really find many old NFL games.

College football has full games on Youtube. I put together a collection with the Big Ten Championship, Sugar Bowl, and NC game. It's good quality too. If you get a good youtube converter, it's a few gigs file. I'm going to put them all on DVD.

Good call, I hadn't thought of youtube. Any suggestions for a good quality youtube converter?

Eat it Phil...
brownsfan2119 #986619 08/18/15 12:58 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
YouTube downloader (YTD) is a solid free one. Just be careful when you sign up and you don't agree to any garbage.

TTTDawg #986803 08/19/15 08:35 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

I would think you could take that VHS tape "somewhere" and have it copied to a DVD?
I have it too. We had just bought a VCR and that game was one of the first things I recorded.

For some stupid reason I held the remote for the whole game and there's a blank space right after Webster Slaughter catches that pass from Kosar.

I jumped out of my chair and accidentally stopped the recording. I got it back on for the rest of it though. cool

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Old Games

Link Copied to Clipboard