Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
And you absolutely know this how?

No wait! First look into that Magic 8 ball of yours and tell me if the Market will be up or down tomorrow!

Down.

You gots a 50/50 chance and them are good odds! brownie

Not really, it could break even or stay the same.
But since China is still devaluing their currency, our market is going to react and most likely lose a few points today.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I was talking about the candidates who have a chance to win.

So the career politicians... We say we want to get away from them, but anytime somebody who is not one makes some noise, like Ross Perot, Donald Trump, or Ralph Nader, etc... we declare them unelectable and move right back to career politicians.

yebat' Putin
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Do you really think Ross Perot was a serious candidate? If he hadn't stopped running, and then started running again I might agree, but it looks to me like all he was there to do was peel off enough votes that would've gotten Bush Sr. re-elected.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Do you really think Ross Perot was a serious candidate? If he hadn't stopped running, and then started running again I might agree, but it looks to me like all he was there to do was peel off enough votes that would've gotten Bush Sr. re-elected.

It's hard to tell because most of them don't get enough support to know how serious of a candidate they could be.. because at some point they all say or do something that is "not Presidential" or not PC enough and people (and the media) will turn on them

yebat' Putin
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
True, but back then Perot had enough to keep himself going all the way through if he had wanted. I remember him buying up 1/2 hour spots on all three (for you younguns, there were only three major media outlets back then) networks and the PC disease wasn't that bad yet (far as I can recall).

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
So the career politicians... We say we want to get away from them, but anytime somebody who is not one makes some noise, like Ross Perot, Donald Trump, or Ralph Nader, etc... we declare them unelectable and move right back to career politicians.

I'm not happy about that. Being a person who supports what I consider an honest, qualified and sincere candidate in Jim Webb, it pains me to say that the party insiders are the only ones that are electable.

I'm just using the same history you have pointed out to reach my conclusion.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Conservative Billionaires have started talking like Bernie Sanders!

Link Copied to Clipboard