Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1536810 10/25/18 12:08 PM
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Garrett has 7 Sacks in 7 Games this year 14 in in His first 18 games, now is it because we expect him to get sacks every week that we aren't talking about how great he is playing, or how great he will be throughout his career? superconfused

Last edited by PastorMarc; 10/25/18 12:10 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
C'mon Pastor, why all the threads have to be about Hue?...

;-)

Legend
Legend
He's definitely a force on the field ... no denying that he's impactful at a key position.

He needs to develop some counters IMO and shore up his run defense

BUT we also need to limit his snaps IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Not recognized has been his FORCED FUMBLES...only guys in the NFL ahead of him is MACK, Watt and Miller...great company to be around!

Sacks, he is tied with Watt. Von Miller half a sack ahead of him...and vikings Hunter and Aaron Donald both have 8. The kid is in his 2nd year and he is hanging with the best of the best!

jmho he's only going to get better wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
L
Legend
Legend
L
I think once he learns a few more moves he will be the best to ever do it as a pass rusher, but he's really bad against the run. I think he needs to have his workload reduced until that part of his game gets better. Not as punishment, but just to keep him fresher for what he does really well. Not to mention trying to keep him healthy. Funny story, me and the family flew into cleveland last winter, it was after the season ended. Getting on the shuttle and myles and his dad get on. Myles had a roller and a guitar case..First I didn't think it was him but hard to mistake someone that big. ended up only ones on the elevator to bag claim as well. Nice guy, well spoken. You can tell he comes from a good family.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
C'mon Pastor, why all the threads have to be about Hue?...

;-)

Not jumping on Hue but I think Myles Garrett will be around here a little longer than Hue Jackson ... JMHO smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Before the season I said if Garret doesn't get 15 sacks this year it will be somewhat of a disappointment. However every week, I have called out his dominance with the exception of the Saints game where he was good, but not his usual great.

The kid is a superstar already and I think he's 22 years old? Surreal.

Legend
Legend
Myles Garrett just does Myles Garrett things.

Even when he isn't adding to popular statistics, he is impacting every play.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

If myles didn't get held 12-15 times a game - he would have already been moving in on the sack record, IMO.

Last game, I lost count after 12 holds.

P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Myles Garrett just does Myles Garrett things.

Even when he isn't adding to popular statistics, he is impacting every play.

Garrett if you watch is getting double teamed and held on nearly every snap ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
But that too has an impact on plays. When Myles is double teamed it frees up someone else.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Hot take:

I don’t think Myles Garrett is ever offsides. I just think the refs have never seen someone get off the ball that fast.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Think how many sacks he'd have if he wasn't held about half the time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I’ve been an ardent fan and defender of Garrett on the post game threads. Lot of the previous posts echo what I think. The guy is top 5 at his position as a rusher. He’s young. He’ll get better if you can even imagine it. That is the kind of player you build around. How people can be remotely disappointed in his production and the impact he creates is beyond me but I’m not an X and O guy. He’s disruptive and he forces teams to game plan for him. He can get better but the edge rushing ability he has is phenomenal. To criticise his run defense, which has improved -watch the games and it’s not just Garrett not setting the edge - is like complaining your Ferrari doesn’t fit in parking spaces. With time he will start to recognise more and more and not get caught shooting upfield. He’s a bonafide blue chip talent, elite.

cfrs15 #1536980 10/25/18 04:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Hot take:

I don’t think Myles Garrett is ever offsides. I just think the refs have never seen someone get off the ball that fast.

I agree, I wish I could see replays of his (2?) false starts because I told my wife both times I think he went on the snap but moved so fast the refs thought he was offsides, and the networks never showed them again. Those two would have been slaughter sacks. The refs probably peed themselves a little. Maybe it's Garret's love of dinosaurs that make those moves look like a velociraptor attack.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1536981 10/25/18 04:32 PM
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Hot take:

I agree. I even watched replays in slow mo - it’s so close it looks like he jumps but his explosion is simply stunning. I think he gets 20 sacks one season. And yes, he is routinely held without it getting called. Maybe it happens to all edge rushers, I don’t watch many to be fair outside ours.

CalDawg #1536983 10/25/18 04:41 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Hot take:

I agree, I wish I could see replays of his (2?) false starts because I told my wife both times I think he went on the snap but moved so fast the refs thought he was offsides, and the networks never showed them again. Those two would have been slaughter sacks. The refs probably peed themselves a little. Maybe it's Garret's love of dinosaurs that make those moves look like a velociraptor attack.

How many of those were there in the Chargers game when the now-fired ref screwed up the false start call?

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I only remember one from that game, and I think the other was Tampa (the two I saw anyway).

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1536988 10/25/18 04:49 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hot take:

I remember being a kid and people saying this about Michael Dean Perry as well.

Legend
Legend
MG against JT's quick starts. Who you gonna flag?

Gives us some idea about was Cruz was looking for (AND what he was ignoring!).

Message sent to some officials. Maybe we get a little fairer game Sunday.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
That is atrocious. He deserves some calls. And he has been drawing doubles.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
This wasn’t about us getting hosed ... not even close ...

Had zero to do with “FAIR” in that sense of the word ...

Legend
Legend
That is a comforting thought. Right now, today, which one has more upside? Maybe somebody wants to trade for Huey.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Myles is a beast. He will have his numbers at the end of the year, and they will rank near the top for a long time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1537072 10/25/18 07:54 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Myles is a beast. He will have his numbers at the end of the year, and they will rank near the top for a long time.
Yeah, and you'd hope they'll improve as he gets experience and better players around hiim

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
The better a healthy Ogbah plays the more Garrett becomes unstoppable.

DiamDawg #1537176 10/26/18 04:58 AM
Legend
Legend
So what was it about IYO?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: The Big G
The better a healthy Ogbah plays the more Garrett becomes unstoppable.
true

D
Legend
Legend
D
It was about an official that continued to miss calls ... not one that was playing unfair and tipping the scales against the browns ...

DiamDawg #1537230 10/26/18 08:30 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I don't think anyone threw more support for drafting Myles than I did. I thought he was a slam-dunk first overall pick.

Thus, I have really high expectations for him and have watched him closely. I think I sometimes judge him too harshly because I want to see multiple sacks each game. However, the guy is among the league leaders in sacks and no one gets multiple sacks in every game.

Myles is progressing nicely. He is a force and he makes impactful plays. I also think the questions about his effort can be laid to rest. I also think that the coaching staff have reduced his reps a bit in the last few games and that's probably a wise move.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Hot take:

How many of those were there in the Chargers game when the now-fired ref screwed up the false start call?

how many there??? Holds or Offsides???

The guy fired was a line judge who in Semi Pros, we use NFL rules have 6 refs, the most inexperienced refs are place as line judges cause all they got to do is look for offsides and figure out where the forward progress was at, which they all get wrong especially in the NFL not just our games but some of them are horrible. Not to be biased but that female ref line judge is TERRIBLE at spotting the ball!
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
And he should be held to high expectations ... the guy was the first overall pick at a premier position. I know I've said he SHOULD be a Von Miller type player .. and maybe that's extreme, but he should definitely be a top 10% player at his spot (top 5 in the league)

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I don't think anyone threw more support for drafting Myles than I did. I thought he was a slam-dunk first overall pick.

Thus, I have really high expectations for him and have watched him closely. I think I sometimes judge him too harshly because I want to see multiple sacks each game. However, the guy is among the league leaders in sacks and no one gets multiple sacks in every game.

Myles is progressing nicely. He is a force and he makes impactful plays. I also think the questions about his effort can be laid to rest. I also think that the coaching staff have reduced his reps a bit in the last few games and that's probably a wise move.

He looked gassed in the Oakland game, they need to monitor his fatigue in shootout type games like that.

BpG #1537248 10/26/18 09:35 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BpG
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

He looked gassed in the Oakland game, they need to monitor his fatigue in shootout type games like that.

True, and he got dinged up as well. But he was playing like his life depended on it. He was trying to single-handedly will his team to victory. Even the announcers mentioned it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
cfrs15 #1537329 10/26/18 02:13 PM
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Hot take:

Michael Dean Perry was quick off the ball like Garrett ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Hot take:

Michael Dean Perry was quick off the ball like Garrett ...

Michael Dean Perry very nearly took a hand-off from the opposing QB a few times each season.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Myles Garrett is the 1st ELITE defensive player since the return that the Browns have had.
I rate him higher than Watt or Miller simply based on the different blocking schemes
he has to face because the Browns are often behind in the score and offenses can
offer max protection.
imagine if he played for KC how many sacks he would have
7 sacks for a DE playing for a team that is losing in the 4th q..
impressive

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He's been very good, but better than Watt or Miller, c'mon man.

Hammer #1537391 10/26/18 04:22 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
He's been very good, but better than Watt or Miller, c'mon man.

At minimum, he's proven himself to be on par with them.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Watt and MG have a ways to go to get to Von Millers level ... he’s been doing and by doing it i mean TAKING OVER GAMES for 4 or 5 years now ...

MG and Watt have started to “flash” and are inching closer to Von Millers level but there not there yet ...

MG’s done it for 1/2 a year ... way to small of a sample size to put him in Von’s category yet ... he can certainly get there .. but he’s not there yet ... a ways to go for both of them IMO ..

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Myles Garrett

Link Copied to Clipboard