Legend
C

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Minkah Fitzpatrick graded out as one of the top slot corners last year and the Dolphins are now playing him exclusively at safety.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-miami-doesnt-need-to-get-creative-with-minkah-fitzpatricks-usage

E
Legend
Legend
E
Does Miami have a plan?

I'm not sure what they are doing.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Does Miami have a plan?

I think they know exactly what they are doing. They are going to get a buttload of picks and start all the way from scratch.

Legend
Legend
Crater for Trevor? tongue

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Clever for Trevor? Trade whoever for Trevor? Abhorrence for Lawrence?

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Dolphins trade out of their own first round pick like, like we did with the Eagles/Wentz, to get even more picks. Someone will be willing to trade up for Tua.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Does Miami have a plan?

I think they know exactly what they are doing. They are going to get a buttload of picks and start all the way from scratch.

We had that plan for 20 years. wink It never worked for us.

We got lucky with Dorsey. Hopefully they find a good gm.

No Craps Given
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Fitzpatrick has got be worth at least one first round pick.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, he’s gonna be expensive trade-wise .. but will help a team big time and is cheap monetarily.

My guess? Chiefs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Would he not be worth our 2020 No. 1? He is a plug and play stud at a good price.

Legend
Legend
I agree, but I also think we want to go OL early and often and would say that’s more important to our franchise
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Would he not be worth our 2020 No. 1? He is a plug and play stud at a good price.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I have a different take on the Miami situation.

I feel bad for the coaches because they all will be fired when the losing reaches ridiculous proportions. The acting GM will also probably lose his job at some point because no team has the fortitude to stick w/such a plan over the long haul.

I also feel sorry for the players who love to compete and really care about winning. Being stuck in such a situation has to be demoralizing. The game should not be played like this.

There already have been a ton of grumbling by the players in Miami and they were shellacked in week one by the Ravens. I have vowed not to talk about Hue and is coaching staff, but I am going to make an exception this one time and say something similar to what Joe Thomas did awhile ago. To keep a team believing in itself and playing hard week after week while knowing your FO is tanking and not trying to win is actually quite remarkable. I'm not going to debate this w/anyone, but I feel strongly about it.

Legend
Legend
Feel sorry for the whole franchise. The 'Phins were a favorite of mine with Csonka, Shula, Morris and that group. They certainly deserve better than this season will bring. Later in the season, I expect things to grind them down. This isn't what The Game should be about is insightful.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Does Miami have a plan?

I think they know exactly what they are doing. It's the Sashi Plan.

Short, sharp and extreme. Gut the team, suck badly for 2 years and year 3 you (potentially) compete for a playoff run.

Vers - I agree with you on Hue. When I supported him through those 2 awful seasons it was largely because the players never quit on him like they did with other regimes (Chud comes to mind). With that said - while Hue gets props for getting the team playing hard I am not going to give him kudos without also saying that in my opinion, the insight we saw into his management and insecurity while HC and then the interviews after he was let go painted a damning picture of a horrible leader.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Your post is a good jumping off point for what I'd like to say... but not in this thread. I think there's a Hue thread and I'm going to take this over there. I think the Minkah situation has enough substance to not go off on a tangent just yet.

My understanding is that, while Minkah didn't quite live up to his draft hype, he's still a real solid player. This type of situation really sucks for guys like him. Really good, and angling for that next contract as well as pushing for success on the field. It's hard to imagine the drop from being drafted and making it into the NFL to then being on a team like the Dolphins right now.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The acting GM will also probably lose his job at some point because no team has the fortitude to stick w/such a plan over the long haul.

Oh, the irony is pouring out here. Too much for a Friday morning.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Miami are clearly tanking in order to get the #1 pick this year and next year. I feel bad for Rosen as he had no line in AZ and now no line in Miami. It's obvious they are also saying they want (presumably Lawrence). His (Rosen's) career has been hijacked by both the teams he has been on and he has never really had the chance to be the QB some people thought he was going to be. I kinda feel sorry for him, but as a Browns fan I also kinda don't as he publicly vocalized his entitlement of not wanting to play for us. At least Baker embraced it and essentially said "Bring It On".

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They are waiting for Tom Brady to retire.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I have a different take on the Miami situation.

I feel bad for the coaches because they all will be fired when the losing reaches ridiculous proportions. The acting GM will also probably lose his job at some point because no team has the fortitude to stick w/such a plan over the long haul.

I also feel sorry for the players who love to compete and really care about winning. Being stuck in such a situation has to be demoralizing. The game should not be played like this.

There already have been a ton of grumbling by the players in Miami and they were shellacked in week one by the Ravens. I have vowed not to talk about Hue and is coaching staff, but I am going to make an exception this one time and say something similar to what Joe Thomas did awhile ago. To keep a team believing in itself and playing hard week after week while knowing your FO is tanking and not trying to win is actually quite remarkable. I'm not going to debate this w/anyone, but I feel strongly about it.

You actually have a good point and probably a good idea for Miami, to make sure they tank really good, hire the best (in this case the worst) coach available- Hue.

I also don't the Minkah falls in the same category, at most he should be a part of the re-build.. and I think it wa him who asked to be traded..

He probably thinks he is a much better player than what others see in him. He is more in the path of becoming a bust than proving others wrong...

Last edited by rastanplan; 09/13/19 09:34 AM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
The acting GM will also probably lose his job at some point because no team has the fortitude to stick w/such a plan over the long haul.

Oh, the irony is pouring out here. Too much for a Friday morning.

When you constantly engage in double talk and refuse to acquiesce even in the face of overwhelming evidence because you want to win some internet message board argument, you often back yourself into these types of corners.

R
Legend
Legend
R
On a side note, while everyone feels bad for the players and coaches, I feel bad for the fans.

Football is a short, fast season with a limited number of games. Fans spend 8 months of anticipation only to have it over week 1.

That sucks.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
On a side note, while everyone feels bad for the players and coaches, I feel bad for the fans.

Football is a short, fast season with a limited number of games. Fans spend 8 months of anticipation only to have it over week 1.

That sucks.

Couple that with the fact these guys are being paid millions of dollars (hell, even hundreds of thousands of $$ if your on the roster) to play/coach a game and understand how this business works. If they get butt-hurt for being on a losing team, well, sorry I'm not sorry. They can feel free to cry me a river on instagram at their mansion or boat.

I don't even feel bad for fans, to be honest. In a similar fashion, you know this thang works. One can either choose to support it with their money or viewership. Or not.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Yep, we’ve been there MANY times before ... heck, we may even see it after Monday here.

Having no hope as a franchise is a bad feeling

R
Legend
Legend
R
First, I have a hard time believing we will lose on Monday. I'm nervous about it because it's not 100% certain, but we should win considering recent events.

Second, even if they lose, this team will do enough to keep us interested. There's too much talent. They'd probably upset the Rams the following week.

My absolute biggest concern is the game planning. When Freddie was asked what he saw on film with the Jets he gave some weird answer as if he hadn't even watched it. Something about worrying about ourselves. Literally this game is a near certain win if the coaches put on their thinking caps with a smart game plan. Stack the box, don't let Bell beat you, make Siemian beat you, and on offense play conservative with the occasuonal strike. This game plan would work with Darnold. It certainly should work without him.

Something tells me though Freddie and Monken are determined to show the world this high powered offense. They make enough mistakes and give any team a little hope and they could find themselves in trouble.

This game will tell us way more about the coaching staff than the team.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, you’re right ... interest in our team will still be there. It’s just gonna get the negative attention if we lose Monday.

If we don’t come out prepared and focused this week, we probably never will. This is a big show me week

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: The Big G

In a heartbeat, and then our CBs are Ward, Greedy, and Minkah.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
i actually think a second and another late rounder would be enough..and I'd get him in a heartbeat. Flores is another BB disciple that thinks they know what they are doing...he does not...if you have a 205lb guy playing as a box safety and LB..you sir are an idiot

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
I know PFF has stated that a team shouldn't make it too complicated and simply plug MF at CB, but how has he performed at free safety? I have not watched him.

I only bring it up because of Randall's expiring contract and the very real scenario that we can't/won't pay him as a top FS. Maybe MF is a prospect to fill that void at a much cheaper rate plus you have the fifth year option on the guy because he was a first rounder. Couple that with the various amount of positions he can play, the value is there.

I'm not saying I'm all about giving up a 2nd for him but it is an interesting scenario because I do think there is a chance Randall walks.

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
they have been having him play SS

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
they have been having him play SS

Then he can replace Burnett!

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
he doesn't want to play safety, thats why he wants traded

Legend
Legend
plus, i bet his eventual contract will be higher as a #1 CB than a box safety
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
he doesn't want to play safety, thats why he wants traded

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

How must you feel if you are a player on the Dolphins team and they DONT want to trade you right now?

Player : "I want traded, you guys don't want to win!"
Fins : "wellllll, we are going to actually keep you sooooooooo".

rofl

Legend
Legend
They were not going to trade Tunsil, either.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

If they aren't able to get at least one high pick for him, then they shouldn't do it. The whole point is to accumulate as many 1st and 2nd rounders as you can early on.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Clever for Trevor? Trade whoever for Trevor? Abhorrence for Lawrence?

thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Feel sorry for the whole franchise. The 'Phins were a favorite of mine with Csonka, Shula, Morris and that group. They certainly deserve better than this season will bring. Later in the season, I expect things to grind them down. This isn't what The Game should be about is insightful.

Yeah, I was a big fish fan during those years too. Always Browns first of course, but loved the three headed running game and the No Name D. Old school football at it's finest.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think we should even think about trading our first again this coming draft. Dorsey has shown he's pretty good at drafting players so I kind of want us to keep our picks. If Dorsey pulls the trigger I'll support it. In Dorsey I trust. But I'll be happier keeping our picks this time around. Our secondary isn't bad as is and this is just year two of the Dorsey regime.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
T
Legend
Legend
T
No more trades, keep the current team together.

( I think we've seen this show before, seems like a re-run.)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Never have seen a team so blatantly tanking.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Dolphins give Minkah Fitzpatrick permission to seek trade

Link Copied to Clipboard