Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Do you think Bradley can hit in the Major's ?

Only one way to find out. He's hit at every level of the minors, but its a big jump from AAA to the bigs.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=bradle000bob

His first go at it wasn't so hot.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Only one way to find out. He's hit at every level of the minors, but its a big jump from AAA to the bigs.

Yeah, but it was less than 50 AB. They need to be a little more patient than that. I remember when they took a look at farmhand Jesus Aguilar a few years ago and he was pretty unimpressive. They shipped him out and he's had a few decent seasons - and one monster season - with the Brewers and Marlins. I also thought they gave up on Yandy Diaz too soon, although he still hasn't had a break out season. Ditto, Gio Urshela. Give Bradley half a season or so to see if he can make the adjustments. Even if he struggles, it would be better than watching Jake Bauers roll into another 4-3 groundout, or 4-6-3 double play.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

If he gets the at bats, play him 5 or 6 days of the week let him get going. He’s hit everywhere he’s been. Hate to lose another Aguilar, Diaz, Urshula, just because we never gave him a real chance too.

M
Legend
Legend
M
[quote=Dave][quote=waterdawg]Do you think Bradley can hit in the Major's ?

Quote:
Yeah, but it was less than 50 AB.

Fair enough. And I'm not saying his past performance is indicative of what he might do moving forward. He did seem to start off strong but then completely lost it and looked wildly off. I would love for him to take over for Santana as the starting 1B. If I recall correctly, he seemed solid defensively at the position.

Quote:
I remember when they took a look at farmhand Jesus Aguilar a few years ago and he was pretty unimpressive. They shipped him out and he's had a few decent seasons - and one monster season - with the Brewers and Marlins.

Good point. And I agree on the Gio and Yandy examples as well. Not sure, however, if they had given up on them or just felt like the return on the trade seemed better. Either way, Antonetti and Co. were wrong. Which, thank goodness, doesn't happen too often considering the market climate.

Quote:
Even if he struggles, it would be better than watching Jake Bauers roll into another 4-3 groundout, or 4-6-3 double play.

What a massive disappointment. I had such high hopes for him.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Indians 2020 (continued)

Link Copied to Clipboard