Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1000829 09/16/15 08:04 PM
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
Didn't know Dansby was injured .. maybe just a rest day

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Dansby has a foot injury.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Glad to see orchard back.

Don't like seeing 2 OL dinged up. I am expecting a big correction in the running game this week.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
expecting some whoppin. im guessing its comming and not going

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
McCown expected to practice Friday. If that goes well, he hasn't lost the job and will likely get job back barring unforeseen changes

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Dansby has a foot injury.

But is labeled as "day to day" so I wouldn't be overly concerned with Karlos.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
McCown expected to practice Friday. If that goes well, he hasn't lost the job and will likely get job back barring unforeseen changes

Article sayin' the same thing:

'Browns will likely start McCown if he’s cleared'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/17/browns-will-likely-start-mccown-if-hes-cleared/

-I kinda wanted to see Johnny start, but as kamikaze as McCown has been at times we may see Johnny again real soon anyhow.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

Article sayin' the same thing:

'Browns will likely start McCown if he’s cleared'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/17/browns-will-likely-start-mccown-if-hes-cleared/

-I kinda wanted to see Johnny start, but as kamikaze as McCown has been at times we may see Johnny again real soon anyhow.

McCown is not good enough to start if he didn't practice all week. This is not Tony Romo.

cfrs15 #1001178 09/17/15 04:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
McCown is not good enough to start if he didn't practice all week. This is not Tony Romo.

He's also not JFF. Unless you know more than our coaching staff does.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1001183 09/17/15 04:56 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

He's also not JFF. Unless you know more than our coaching staff does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

I can disagree with the coaching staff and also not know more than them.

cfrs15 #1001187 09/17/15 05:01 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well of course you can. Even when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1001189 09/17/15 05:02 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Well of course you can. Even when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Yes. The point that our horrible QB will be even more horrible if he hasn't practiced gives me no legs to stand on.

Good point.

cfrs15 #1001191 09/17/15 05:04 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Point being, those obviously seeing them day in and day out know which one gives the team the best chance of producing.

We have at least two horrible that we can be sure of. JFF and McCown. I must give the nod to the people trying to save their jobs on which one of the two is the lesser of the two evils.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1001201 09/17/15 05:43 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
We have at least two horrible that we can be sure of. JFF and McCown. I must give the nod to the people trying to save their jobs on which one of the two is the lesser of the two evils.

People trying to save their jobs make horrible decisions all the time. It's how we ended up with Brandon Weeden.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P

cfrs15 #1001208 09/17/15 06:00 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's fine. Yes we had zero at the QB position so in desperation, Weeden was drafted. The same could be said for JFF if you use the same criteria thus far.

Point is, the team is off on Mondays. JFF would get Tue., Wed, and Thur. practice. That's three total practices.

The condition of McCown starting is that he gets cleared to practice starting on Friday. One practice.

So you're predicating your opinion that if JFF gets two more practices this week than McCown, JFF should start.

So the guy who got the reps with the first team throughout training camp, who was named the starter early on, should be unseeded due to having two less practices this week than the back up.

Sorry but that's a hard sell for someone to buy.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1001212 09/17/15 06:12 PM
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:
So the guy who got the reps with the first team throughout training camp, who was named the starter early on, should be unseeded due to having two less practices this week than the back up.

well.... thats because you do not pay attention to what flip says. even though johnny was not practicing he was killing the mental reps......

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Dwayne Bowe: 'I'm a big red zone threat'

BEREA, Ohio -- The last time Dwayne Bowe caught a touchdown pass was Jan. 4, 2014. Bowe didn't catch a ball in the end zone at all during the 2014 season. He'd like to get back there, if his faulty hamstring will let him.

"I'm a big red zone threat," Bowe said after practice on Thursday. "Even big-play downs. (Offensive coordinator John DeFilippo) knows it. Our team knows it and my duty's to get out there and prove it and that's what I intend to do."

Bowe was sidelined against the Jets on Sunday with a hamstring injury that has bothered him since training camp. Offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said on Thursday that the offense misses Bowe's presence on the field.

"We don't have another body type like that outside," DeFilippo said. "We just don't have that. Our other players out there have different skillsets than Dwayne has. I think whenever you have that physical skillset from being a tall, big person like Dwayne is, a DB has to take notice of that, that he is going to get bodied up."

"I'm a big body," Bowe said. "I can go across the middle and make the big plays at the back of the end zone and that's something we need and that's something I can do."

Until Bowe can get back on the field, though, there's no way he can prove it. He stressed for the second week in a row that it's important to not push too hard to get back.

"Just gotta be a pro and be smart about it," Bowe said. "Know how to work yourself in and not let no pressure get put against you going out there, speeding yourself up to reinjure it. We have the best staff over here and I feel pretty good about this week."

"I still wouldn't say Dwayne is 100 percent yet," DeFilippo said. "There is no doubt he is getting better. He is on the upward curve."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/dwayne_bowe_im_a_big_red_zone.html

PitDAWG #1001225 09/17/15 07:00 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
That's fine. Yes we had zero at the QB position so in desperation, Weeden was drafted. The same could be said for JFF if you use the same criteria thus far.

Point is, the team is off on Mondays. JFF would get Tue., Wed, and Thur. practice. That's three total practices.

The condition of McCown starting is that he gets cleared to practice starting on Friday. One practice.

So you're predicating your opinion that if JFF gets two more practices this week than McCown, JFF should start.

You missed the most important part -- Josh McCown is a horrible QB.

PitDAWG #1001226 09/17/15 07:09 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The way I see it, the option is Manziel coming into the game with 4 practices vs McCown coming in with 1. (Assuming the backup gets very few first team reps on Friday).

I'd rather have Manziel with 4 practices prior to game week, not coming off a concussion, than McCown with 1 practice with reps.........

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
PitDAWG #1001227 09/17/15 07:36 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Based on the win / loss record of the Browns since 99 , It would not be a stretch to say someone like " 15 " could do a better job when it comes to personal ! I myself have been at a loss to explain the personal on the field at ANY GIVEN TIME . lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'd rather have a blind, deaf and paraplegic squirrel than Manziel. Not to mention the entire staff and team have gotten behind McCown as the guy....so roll with him if he's ready.

That being said, I want to see Austin Davis.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Still pretty healthy. I'd expect Dansby and Bryant to both play.

Anyone know what the difference between the bold and non-bold statements is?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Didn't even know Des Bryant was dealing with a shoulder injury? =(

Hopefully he and Karlos are ready to rock come GameDay.

Legend
Legend
Browns inside linebacker Karlos Dansby says he'll play Sunday despite foot injury
By NATE ULRICH Published: September 18, 2015

Updated at 2:45 p.m.
Browns starting inside linebacker Karlos Dansby returned to practice Friday after sitting out the previous two days with an injured foot.
After practice Dansby, vowed to play Sunday when the Browns (0-1) face the Tennessee Titans (1-0) in the home opener at FirstEnergy Stadium.
"Man, I'll be out there. Period. I'm playing," Dansby said Friday
Dansby, defensive end Desmond Bryant (shoulder), cornerback Justin Gilbert (hip flexor) and wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (hamstring) are listed as questionable for Sunday on the injury report.
Dansby suffered the foot injury Sunday in a season-opening, 31-10 loss to the New York Jets, but he said he doesn't know how it happened.
"Your guess is as good as mine," Dansby said Wednesday. "It’s one of those injuries, man, like what the hell?"
Dansby played all 61 defensive snaps against the Jets despite suffering the injury. He had seven tackles, including two for loss.
"That adrenaline gets to pumping -- you play through a lot of stuff," Dansby said.
The 33-year-old Dansby is vital to the Browns. Not only is he one of their best players, but he's also the quarterback of the defense. He wears an audio headset in his helmet and relays defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil's play calls to his teammates on the field.
Starting quarterback Josh McCown (concussion), starting outside linebacker Scott Solomon (ankle) and running back Robert Turbin (high-ankle sprain) didn't practice Friday and won't play Sunday.
Backup quarterback Johnny Manziel will start against the Titans in McCown's absence.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...injury-1.625244

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
cfrs15 #1001573 09/18/15 04:08 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bold just indicates a change.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
cfrs15 #1001577 09/18/15 04:11 PM
Legend
Legend

Looks to me like the bold is to point that it has changed from the previous report.. all of the other ones remain the same.

yebat' Putin
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

so johnny had a full practice. last injury report before the game. guess we have to wait until sunday to see if he blew his elbow out........

Legend
Legend
Throwing on a sore elbow does not cause it to blow out, it just causes it to be a little more sore.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
The funny part are the posters who talked about all the practice JFF was getting with the 1's and he was limited in practice all week except for today.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1001603 09/18/15 04:46 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
The funny part are the posters who talked about all the practice JFF was getting with the 1's and he was limited in practice all week except for today.

He didn't practice in the individual drills, but was full go in all the team drills.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Browns WR Dwayne Bowe will be active for Titans game today

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns receiver Dwayne Bowe will make his season debut against the Titans today, a league source told Northeast Ohio Media Group.

Bowe had a good week of practice and the coaches have been anxious to add him to the mix. Bowe, signed by the Browns as a free agent in the offseason, missed the opener against the Jets and most of the preseason with a strained hamstring.

"Dwayne looked a lot better (Wednesday) at practice,'' offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said Thursday. "He really did. I think it is coming along. I still wouldn't say Dwayne is 100 percent yet. There is no doubt he is getting better. There is no doubt he is getting better. He is on the upward curve."

DeFilippo stressed that Bowe (6-2, 222) brings an element the Browns don't have.

"I wouldn't say from a play standpoint anything is missing, but from a presence standpoint, there are some things missing,'' DeFilippo said. "When I say a presence standpoint, we don't have another body type like that outside. We just don't have that. Our other players out there have different skillsets than Dwayne has. I think whenever you have that physical skillset from being a tall, big person like Dwayne is, a defensive back has to take notice of that and he is going to get bodied up."

CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora reported Sunday that some coaches want to move on from Bowe, but that his $9 million guarantee has prevented it. A source told NEOMG that it's not true, and the coaches have just wanted to get Bowe on the field and see what he can do.

During the preseason finale in Chicago, WEWS-TV analyst Solomon Wilcots said Bowe was "absolutely'' on the bubble. But coach Mike Pettine said that wasn't true.
The coaches were frustrated that he was out all summer with the hamstring, but not ready to give up on him.

For the Titans, tight end Delanie Walker (hand), a 10th-year pro, is inactive, NFL Network reported.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believed we may be trying to move him until i read it was being reported by Jason Lacofornacation.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P

Legend
Legend
Dray over bibbs?

did they not watch the crap game Dray had?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No bibbs and cooper, I just dont freaking get it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I would really like to see what we have in EJ rather than playing Dray or Housler, but that's just me. Xavier Cooper inactive for the second straight week. Ugh. I also want to see him play.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
how in the heck is cooper and bibbs inactive ... Dray/Housler are active?!

Gilbert continues to impress

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 28 Titans 14 injury report.

Link Copied to Clipboard