Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: JackTripper
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Oh Balony. If it came to a yes allowed, no not allowed vote, how would you vote?

On two people being allowed to have oral and anal sex? They should be allowed. This is a free country, not a theocracy or some Communist totalitarian dictatorship.

BooHoo why are you telling me how to live my life???
Why do you force your ways on meeeeeeee!

All Pro
All Pro
Oh Balony. If it came to a yes allowed, no not allowed vote, how would you vote?

On two people being allowed to have oral and anal sex? They should be allowed. This is a free country, not a theocracy or some Communist totalitarian dictatorship.

BooHoo why are you telling me how to live my life???
Why do you force your ways on meeeeeeee!

What is being forced on you if oral and anal sex are legal? How are you being told to live your life if those two sex acts are legal? If my girlfriend and I engage in a sex act tonight that you feel should be criminalized, how has your life been affected?

Legend
Legend
So now you are telling me if it was illegal, you and your girl wouldn't do it?

How does it being illegal effect what you do in the privacy of your own home?

How is that forcing anything on you?

Weed is illegal but hasn't slowed anyone down.

Bye the bye, in addition to Louisiana, anti-sodomy laws remain on the books in Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and Utah.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/19/15 06:48 PM.
All Pro
All Pro
So now you are telling me if it was illegal, you and your girl wouldn't do it?

How does it being illegal effect what you do in the privacy of your own home?

How is that forcing anything on you?

Weed is illegal but hasn't slowed anyone down.

Are you seriously asking me how oral sex being criminalized would affect me and my girlfriend? The simple answer would be that we would be committing an illegal act that would warrant criminal prosecution. A more complicated answer would be that since I'm white, and she's black, we would be more susceptible to prosecution, as traditionally, sodomy laws have preyed on interracial couples. But, yes, bans on oral or anal sex would have a direct impact on my life. You have yet to explain how a lack of criminal statutes against such acts have any affect on your day to day life whatsoever. As I said before, it sounds like you would be more comfortable living in Iran or China, or some other theocracy or totalitarian regime. America is the land of the free. Not the land of Big Brother. And "weed being illegal hasn't slowed anyone down"? Are you kidding me? Do you know how many people can't get college funding for weed arrests? Or how many are jailed for it?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The difference is a simple one.

One way gives everyone the legal choice to choose for themselves. Christians, Muslims, Jews, and those who are not religious as well.

The other way creates criminals because some people wish to legislate their own version of morality upon everyone else.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well if you plan to do it in public, yea, I would want that stopped. In privacy, no one knows what you are up too.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The difference is a simple one.

One way gives everyone the legal choice to choose for themselves. Christians, Muslims, Jews, and those who are not religious as well.

The other way creates criminals because some people wish to legislate their own version of morality upon everyone else.

Are you then saying there are no practicing Gays in those States where it is still illegal? Are you calling for them
to be allowed to have sex in public?

Legend
Legend
I still don't see how pro or con laws effect anyone in the privacy of their own homes.

You guys use the same logic for abortion and people having the right to choose. Makes no sense. These things effect us all as a Nation.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 09/19/15 07:17 PM.
All Pro
All Pro
Well if you plan to do it in public, yea, I would want that stopped. In privacy, no one knows what you are up too.

There are plenty of laws banning sex of any kind in public. Why are you so adamant about our country's need to ban oral or anal sex between two people in the privacy of their own home? And, for a third time, how would two people engaging in legal sodomy in their homes be an example of something being forced on you? You keep avoiding that question.

Legend
Legend

There are plenty of laws banning sex of any kind in public. Why are you so adamant about our country's need to ban oral or anal sex between two people in the privacy of their own home? And, for a third time, how would two people engaging in legal sodomy in their homes be an example of something being forced on you? You keep avoiding that question.

It would effect me the same as illegal Sodomy in their own home. It doesn't. Why, how does illegal Sodomy effect you and your girl?

What things does the United States of America stand for?
No Morals at all?
We tell other Nations all the time how they should Morally behave if they want our aid or friendship do we not?
These things effect us all.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If it has no impact on others, why should it be illegal?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro

It would effect me the same as illegal Sodomy in their own home. It doesn't. Why, how does illegal Sodomy effect you and your girl?

What things does the United States of America stand for?
No Morals at all?
We tell other Nations all the time how they should Morally behave if they want our aid or friendship do we not?
These things effect us all.

What does my girlfriend having oral sex with me have to do with morality? Can you make a logical argument as to why oral sex is immoral? And if sodomy laws have absolutely no effect on me, then what is their point, outside of your need to have your opinion that oral sex is icky be validated? We don't all have to be sexually repressed prudes just because you are.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

because if the bible doesn't define what should be legal or not, then it shouldn't exist.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

Why should it be changed to make it legal?
In the privacy of your own home, legal or illegal, no one knows but you.

Seems to me you guys are looking for some kind of permission from the Government for what you do in your own homes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

because if the bible doesn't define what should be legal or not, then it shouldn't exist.

The Bible defines what is Moral and what is not. It has to do
with being with God or separated from Him.

All Pro
All Pro

You're the one advocating for change. Most states abandoned sodomy laws a long time ago, because they have no basis in logic.

Quote:
Seems to me you guys are looking for some kind of permission from the Government for what you do in your own homes.

We're just asking that the government doesn't tell us what we can't do in our own homes, Comrade.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Swish

The Bible defines what is Moral and what is not. It has to do
with being with God or separated from Him.

The Bible has no basis in American law. If it did, slavery would still be legal, so long as one isn't too hard on their slaves.

Legend
Legend

You're the one advocating for change. Most states abandoned sodomy laws a long time ago, because they have no basis in logic.

Quote:

We're just asking that the government doesn't tell us what we can't do in our own homes, Comrade.

Maybe being old there are some things I don't understand but just how often do you invite the Government into your bedrooms?

All Pro
All Pro

Quote:

Maybe being old there are some things I don't understand but just how often do you invite the Government into your bedrooms?

You're directly inviting the government into people's bedrooms by demanding that we create laws that ban oral and anal sex. I'm not sure I understand your position here (no pun intended). For months, you have argued that the government take a Communist approach and dictate what people can and cannot do sexually in their own homes, and your validation of such arguments has been reduced to the notion that sodomy laws can't and won't be enforced. If they can't and won't be enforced, what is their purpose outside of some needy validation of your opinion that oral sex is icky? And furthermore, I can't reconcile your desperate attempts to show yourself as a Clint Eastwood/John Wayne American Man's Man with your insistence that we need to outlaw a woman going down on a man. You sound like a prudish wimp. What red blooded American male wants the law to tell them what kind of sex they can have with their woman?

Legend
Legend
Well, time for me to take a shower now. saywhat

All Pro
All Pro
Well, time for me to take a shower now. saywhat

I wouldn't use hot water. That could lead to sinful thoughts, which could lead to fun.

Legend
Legend
Oh yea, Forgot to mention that having sex with your girlfriend, outside of Marriage, is Fornication, also a sin.

Ahh, water's ready, shower time.

All Pro
All Pro
Oh yea, Forgot to mention that having sex with your girlfriend, outside of Marriage, is Fornication, also a sin.

Were you one of the people whining about Elvis' gyrating hips?

All Pro
All Pro
This entire thread page is nothing but 40 poorly advocating for a nanny state where the government tells us what we can and can't do. Hit the showers, Comrade. This is America. Not China.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i've been saying this for a while now on this board"

the people who complain about nanny states and big government the most are the main ones who wants the government to legislate everything.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
I find it ridiculous that this country doesn't have laws banning masturbation and bacon and beer. Women should have to wear bedsheets at all times. What are they, sluts? No one needs to see their ankles. Rock-n-roll and rap music also need to be outlawed. And why don't we have laws against curse words? What are we teaching our children? I need to take a shower just thinking about it.

Legend
Legend
Uh guys, all the things we talked about were illegal in America for most of my life. We once had pride in our Nations Morals and what we stood for as we stood against an immoral Soviet Union and fought the cold war.

Thanks to your forward thinking and Progressive Ideals and the demise of Morals in this Country, we have killed 50+ million Americans through abortion, we are subjected to every kind of sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and AIDS, Drugs, drunkin Secret Service Agents, corruption of the IRS, a culture of Death and the list goes on.

I for one am not impressed with the way you have guided our Society and Nation as a whole. Each day we look more like our enemies from my day.
Each day our Society becomes sicker and more dysfunctional. Today's children have only you to look up too and they will build on what you have left them.

Keep on thinking you are on the right path though.

All Pro
All Pro
Uh guys, all the things we talked about were illegal in America for most of my life. We once had pride in our Nations Morals and what we stood for as we stood against an immoral Soviet Union and fought the cold war.

Thanks to your forward thinking and Progressive Ideals and the demise of Morals in this Country, we have killed 50+ million Americans through abortion, we are subjected to every kind of sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and AIDS, Drugs, drunkin Secret Service Agents, corruption of the IRS, a culture of Death and the list goes on.

I for one am not impressed with the way you have guided our Society and Nation as a whole. Each day we look more like our enemies from my day.
Each day our Society becomes sicker and more dysfunctional. Today's children have only you to look up too and they will build on what you have left them.

Keep on thinking you are on the right path though.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
STD's have been happening forever, people just didn't know what it was at the time.

Stop acting like "immoral" behavior is some sort of recent thing. it's been happening forever.

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro

Legend
Legend
I don't think that I said anything about anything a man and wife do in private .....

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I don't think that I said anything about anything a man and wife do in private .....

I don't think you have, either. My post was addressed to 40, who has long argued that the government should criminalize oral and anal sex, because he feels that it is immoral.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Thank you. I now understand 40 is a troll. I think it was reading an "effect" comment that it finally dawned on me. I feel so enlightened now smile

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This thread:

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The scariest state in which to find oneself as an Atheist?

Death.

I'm still catching up from being suspended but I just saw this and thought it was spot on.

Someday you folks will realize the Christians are NOT telling you how to live your lives, they are warning you of the consequences of living your lives. Out of concern for you they issue this warning, trying to open your eyes to the truth.

It is my hope you all will someday realize this fact, hopefully before the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins.
When you vote to deny rights, then telling people how to live their lives is exactly what you're doing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

you don't feel that you're telling people how to live their lives?
Everybody as a right to vote.

When you vote to deny rights you are telling people how to live their lives.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I still don't see how pro or con laws effect anyone in the privacy of their own homes.

You guys use the same logic for abortion and people having the right to choose. Makes no sense. These things effect us all as a Nation.
You can't legally receive assistance to end your life in the privacy of your home..

That's murder for the who assists.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
These things effect us all as a Nation.

That's the whole point.

Either our nation is controlled by those who choose deny rights regardless of the fact that these rights in no way affect their lives or we have a nation that allows rights based on evaluation of the constitution.

The same reason you support your interpretation of the 2nd amendment. Except your interpretation of that amendment does affect the lives of others.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

It sounds like you're saying you'd vote to deny rights to others because of your moral
beliefs, but your moral beliefs have no problem with others breaking the law.

Honestly, that sounds a bit twisted.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockdogg
The scariest state in which to find oneself as an Atheist?

Death.

I'm still catching up from being suspended but I just saw this and thought it was spot on.

Someday you folks will realize the Christians are NOT telling you how to live your lives, they are warning you of the consequences of living your lives. Out of concern for you they issue this warning, trying to open your eyes to the truth.

It is my hope you all will someday realize this fact, hopefully before the wailing and gnashing of teeth begins.
When you vote to deny rights, then telling people how to live their lives is exactly what you're doing.

When you vote to undo existing laws, then telling people how to live their lives is exactly what you're doing.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... California lawmakers approve right-to-die legislation

Link Copied to Clipboard