Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Their swagger back? Swagger is at every game!

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
our MVP so far.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
our MVP so far.

Ya gotta admit, he battles!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
our MVP so far.

He definitely plays like a Brown. He chases his tail, rolls over, plays dead, etc.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
our MVP so far.

He definitely plays like a Brown. He chases his tail, rolls over, plays dead, etc.

Does he crap on the field like the Browns do too? LOL

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Trying to block Khalil Mack with Malcolm Johnson was probably a bad idea. Mitchell Schwartz didn't fare much better.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/648960987245211648

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Their swagger back? Swagger is at every game!

Even he wants out of Cleveland!

S
Legend
Legend
S
I rewatched a little bit of the game, and also saw a few all-22 shots from Dustin Fox on twitter (he usually posts pretty good stuff a few days after the game)

It's amazing how many simple mistakes the team made. Crow hitting the wrong hole T-Rich stye on the 3rd & goal play, a simple checkdown to Duke Johnson on the game ending pick. I said it on Sunday after the game, but McCown missed a simple inside slant that would've gotten us a first down. So much little stuff that added up to a 3 score defecit and eventual loss. Mental errors are killing this team as much as the entire lack of talent debate.

The penalties. The dumb plays. I think the thing that infuriates me the most is that our running on first down is just so bad. It just screws the rest of the possession up. I told my cousin after the game that for us, that roughing the punter is a play that gets made by everyone. I mean it happens often. For us though? It's crushing. The Packers or Pats have that happen, and they've probably forgotten about it by the end of the game. Our margin for error is so small. It's almost as if they don't want to believe that. They truly think they're better than they are, and that is mind blowing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns have to be running 75 percent on first down. Tendancies are spotted and figured out, and the other team knows it.

PAP, Screens, High percentage completions, forget about it... Just run the ball into a brick wall.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I told my cousin after the game that for us, that roughing the punter is a play that gets made by everyone. I mean it happens often. For us though? It's crushing. The Packers or Pats have that happen, and they've probably forgotten about it by the end of the game. Our margin for error is so small. It's almost as if they don't want to believe that. They truly think they're better than they are, and that is mind blowing.

That is a very good point.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
The Browns have to be running 75 percent on first down. Tendancies are spotted and figured out, and the other team knows it.

PAP, Screens, High percentage completions, forget about it... Just run the ball into a brick wall.

I don't know the stats, but 75% sounds about right...

What scares me about Johnny, and I'm part of the crew that likes Johnny, is that 2 of his 3 touchdown drives started with really good field positon created by the defense. First one at the 50 (2 play drive with the bomb to Benji) and the other at the 38 (which was still a wonderful drive that gets overlooked and forgotten because it didn't end with a big play).

Shoot, his TD at NY started at the 45. Outside of those drives and one other where he missed a wide open guy in the end zone and we settled for 3, there has been nothing. Poor drives that end up 3 and out, and obviously late in the NY game, bad turnovers. He still has a long way to go. Still so impressed with that final drive against the Titans.

The last drive on Sunday against the Raiders featured some really nice catches by the way. Good throws and catches that would have beaten any defense. Sad that it ended the way it did.

C
Legend
Legend
C
By my count:

30 first down plays

8 run plays on those 30 first down plays

C
Legend
Legend
C
I post this link because it is the best recap I know of on the internet (or anywhere else):

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2015/9/30/9...loss-to-raiders

A couple points from it:

Crowell lacks vision in a Trent Richardson sort of way:

Third and goal play:

Hole open up the middle. Chooses to bounce it outside.

I remember asking why Dray was blocking Mack one on one in the gameday thread, visual proof. So dumb:

When you can't run, nobody cares about playaction. When watching the game I thought this play was set up perfectly, except for the free rusher running right at McCown:

Whitner's first job when he is in the box is to stop the run, not rush the passer:

This play was a 55 yard gain, both of our safeties whiffed on the tackle:

Benjamin wide open for a 99 yard TD (underthrown):

Johnson wide open on McCown's last pass for an INT:

Legend
Legend
That was depressing. Does Bowe at least dress like a Brown this week.

These losses would upset me if I wasn't so smitten by the spiffy new unis. Now THAT is game timing spent well!

Dress like a Brown! Go unis!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm pretty sure Crow was supposed to follow the fullback on the goal line play, not cut it inside.

That last play is so disappointing. McCown was trying to be the hero. He was trying to get Flip to say "coaching is overrated". Manziel would have been ripped apart for this. Many people would have used that play to say he wasn't ready. Gunslinger. Doesn't recognize coverages. Btw, Pett says Barnidge was open on that play but I don't see him. And who the heck is the Raider defender at the top covering?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Our running backs are smart enough to not follow our fullback lol... if you can even call Johnson a fullback.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I'm pretty sure Crow was supposed to follow the fullback on the goal line play, not cut it inside.

The arrow is showing where he went, not where he should have gone. He cut it back when he didn't have to. It should have been an easy one yard game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Oh, gotcha. I thought it was pointing out the hole.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Our running backs are smart enough to not follow our fullback lol... if you can even call Johnson a fullback.

I miss Owen Marecic.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
That last play is so disappointing. McCown was trying to be the hero. He was trying to get Flip to say "coaching is overrated". Manziel would have been ripped apart for this.

Django was ripping Manziel apart for completing a 50 yard TD pass.. yea, people would have had a field day if Manziel did that.

Quote:
Btw, Pett says Barnidge was open on that play but I don't see him.

A few posts above yours, Barnidge is standing on the 30 all by himself, need to get to the 20 for a first down. You can see the corner leaving Benji to go cover Barnidge and turning Benji over to the safety because he realized Barnidge was (or should have been) the target for an easy first down.

yebat' Putin
R
Legend
Legend
R
I thought that was Johnson.

Where's Johnson?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I thought that was Johnson.

Where's Johnson?

Oh, my bad.. maybe that is Johnson, which makes it worse because put the ball in his hands with that much green in front of him and he'd do more damage than Barnidge. He'd be one broken tackle away from a touchdown.

yebat' Putin
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Oakland 27 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard