Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Originally Posted By: jb52
The only thing I can say is the O did enough to win this game. If the D wasn't a bunch of stiffs and got a few stops it would have been game over. D is supposed to be the strength of the team, and SD was playing without half their line and 2 WR. One sack, really? SAD.

And what's the next game where we'll play a Defense that bad? Hmmm? The Brown and Orange scrimmage next year, maybe.

What is your point, I am saying this was a winnable game and the supposed "strength" of the team failed again.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Glenn Moore ‏@GlennMooreCLE 3h3 hours ago
Dwayne Bowe's tenure with the #Browns in one pic:

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
LMAO!

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This defense sucks. I don't usually call for firing someone, but O'neil has to go. This defense is horrible.

McCown is horrible. I don't care how many yards he had, he costs us in sacks. Bowe should be gone tomorrow, and a decent LB signed. I really feel that is the weak spot on this defense. Kruger dropping in coverage? WTF. He has no impact on run plays, and the inside guys can't stop runs up the middle.

All you have to do to beat this team, is get into 3rd and long. You will automatically get 15+ yards or a score. Pathetic.

I thought Desir played good today. That TD was just an amazing throw. Whitner gives up another TD while in coverage, although he did play better today.

McCown tries for the home run way too often when things are open underneath. The guy looks antsy to me all most all the time. We will not win with him, IMO the switch needs to be made now.

Did I say how bad this defense is?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I thought Desir played good today. That TD was just an amazing throw. Whitner gives up another TD while in coverage, although he did play better today.

This is a great example of the bias on this board. Whit had excellent coverage on the TD, as well. Also, he did not have a holding penalty and made some good tackles. What did DeSir do again that was so good?

J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Well I just watched the Browns screw up another one. All I heard all off season and through the draft was how great the defense was going to be.

We can't stop the run or the pass. Wow, all those draft picks on the D. WHAT A WASTE!

Then in the post game I hear how we're learning and everybody is fighting so hard.

I'm now thinking of the movie The Rock. You know the line. When Sean Connery tells Nick Cage " Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and ---- the prom queen."

Rant off.

D
Legend
Legend
D
We kill ourselves so many times, this team is the most undisciplined team ever. Constant holds, constant offsides, constant this and that and it's game after game now. It's pathetic.

This secondary is also pathetic. Finally the offense gets some points and the defense gets schooled and gives up huge chunk plays. Can't even blame them for getting gassed, they had rest time provided by the offense.

I'm shocked I watched this whole game, but that I did - I'm disappointed I wasted my time.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I thought he played well, and you can't say his coverage was bad on the TD. The ball was placed perfectly.

As for Whitner, to my eyes, he let the guy get behind him and didn't turn to play the ball. I actually thought it was Gilbert in coverage.

I don't have bias, Whitner has not played up to standard for me. Today he was playing quite well, but still gave up the TD.

You can spew your bias crap all you want, it don't bother me. I watch the games and give my opinin as I see it. I don't need your approval of my opinion, but save your BS comments for someone else.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I will comment to whomever I wish.

I can almost predict what you guys are going to say before I come on here. Same old crap that is biased, predictable, and wrong.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You are so full of.....

You come on here whining people are attacking you, and in reality, that is all you can do. I can't see where I am making excuses for anything this team is doing, but since I replied, I am your target. Go ahead fire away with your useless dribble. I honestly think you thrive on the misery of this team, I think you enjoy it.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
What I can't fathom is how Gilbert can be so bad that he cannot sniff the field even with a depleted secondary.

Legend
Legend
Tackling and coverage. Oh, and pressure.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
I spent 43$ to eat really bad food and drink really bad drinks at the bar so i could watch this game. Not worth it!!!!

Although I got a coupon for free wings because the Falcons won.

So next week I will wash rinse repeat. And not pay for wings. The drinks will still suck and the browns will still loose.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
No lead safe with this secondary and their flag football mentality. Some of the defensive crap I saw was inexcusable today and cost us a game. Pettine has said "scheme" was part of the failure last week. Worse today.
We gave 'em fits first two series. Called us off for exotic crap or base D. And we did no more all day. How O'Neill can say THAT is what we are going for is beyond me.
Back to huge cushions, no jam, no press, just turn and chase.
This set sucks. It is called badly and run worse. The penalties are inexcusable. How do you justify repeated failures?
Crush this this week. Stop doing what is getting you beat; do some of the stuff that is beating you.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Cavs preseason starts soon. Once they get started I'll hop off this cluster $&@* show and watch a team that isn't trash.

The Cavs actually make it worse for me. I don't WANT a basketball team providing Cleveland its next title. I can't COUNT how many Bengal fan friends I have that type or post 'Believeland' on Facebook as they root for the Cavs during the playoffs. I'm developing an ulcer just thinking of this.

Yeah, I have issues.

Oh yeah, the Chargers game. What else is there to be said? Bad team, bad coaching, penalties, lack of preparedness, lack of adjustments, NO light at the end of the tunnel.

Bring on the Ravens. . . . wink

If it doesn't happen with the Cavs, you're going to be waiting a very, very, very, long time. A Cleveland team that can't win a title with a Lebron James will never win a title.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
And I have the sick and foreboding feeling that this year's Cavs team is going to break our hearts in ways we haven't even imagined yet. I just have the worst feeling about it.

We need to keep Lebron in a padlocked room surrounded by white cushion walls.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Cavs preseason starts soon. Once they get started I'll hop off this cluster $&@* show and watch a team that isn't trash.

The Cavs actually make it worse for me. I don't WANT a basketball team providing Cleveland its next title. I can't COUNT how many Bengal fan friends I have that type or post 'Believeland' on Facebook as they root for the Cavs during the playoffs. I'm developing an ulcer just thinking of this.

Yeah, I have issues.

Oh yeah, the Chargers game. What else is there to be said? Bad team, bad coaching, penalties, lack of preparedness, lack of adjustments, NO light at the end of the tunnel.

Bring on the Ravens. . . . wink

If it doesn't happen with the Cavs, you're going to be waiting a very, very, very, long time. A Cleveland team that can't win a title with a Lebron James will never win a title.

+1,000, 000

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our Offensive and Defensive Coordinators flat out stink. Pett preached all off season and training camp that we would be a run first team yet we hardly ran the ball until late in the game. Last year even after Mack went down and we didn't have as much success running the ball we still tried to, why? because it helped set up our play action passes that we had quite a bit of success with. Defensively on that last TD drive by the Chargers I watched our defensive coordinator call for a corner blitz on a 3rd and 5 play that led to big gain by the Chargers, now why in the heck would you blitz the corner on play when the opposing team only needs 5 freakin yards and have another player cover the WR and that player is already a good 5 yards away from the WR? You do corner blitzes on long yardage plays cause it takes a while for the WRs to run the necessary yardage and also because it takes a while for the CB to get to the QB because he is lined up so far away. You don't do it on short yardage plays when the opposing team is mostly going to get rid of the ball quickly to try to get the first down.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Who were the homers that loved this defense in the preseason?
Where are they?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
This was the Dwayne Rudd Incident 2.0

I know it seems that way, but the Browns had that game won.

Today it was tied, and they were in position to win. We would have been the luckiest team for him to miss that FG. It's a dumb play, but Rudd's gaffe happened when the clock showed 0:00 and the Browns ahead. It's not the same.

You took that way too literally, but thanks for the recap. thumbsup

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If we play defense against Cincy like we did today. They may drop a 70 spot on us easy. It will only be limited by the opportunities they get on offense.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
V
Legend
Legend
V
Meanwhile, Atlanta's offense is tearing it up. Last year they had no running game. This year they are running up and down the field. They went from 6 and 8 and losing to us at home to now being 4 and 0.

But no, our genius leader didn't think Shanny could call plays. And our head coach would rather sing Kum-ba-yah than have an offensive genius.

Freaking Browns make me sick!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Who were the homers that loved this defense in the preseason?
Where are they?

I was one....and I don't think all of our defensive problems are due to personnel. I think a lot of it is due to bad play calls at critical times.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think the defense is lacking overall speed and guys that can finish.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

And our head coach would rather sing Kum-ba-yah than have an offensive genius.

While certainly not at the "genius" level, I believe Flip has passed his "probation" period and is proving to be competent. He has barely got his feet wet at this level; we don't know what his upper limit is...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
I am really bitter that we lost Shanahan. Today I watched Atlanta run up the score and be totally unstoppable. Credit goes to the players, but also Shanny. I really wish we had someone like him. That guy is brilliant.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Meanwhile, Atlanta's offense is tearing it up. Last year they had no running game. This year they are running up and down the field. They went from 6 and 8 and losing to us at home to now being 4 and 0.

But no, our genius leader didn't think Shanny could call plays. And our head coach would rather sing Kum-ba-yah than have an offensive genius.

Freaking Browns make me sick!

Keeps making more sense - I won't claim to understand much of how the FO all works together but I keep hearing things from the Browns' saying they are learning and maturing as a team. So what does that mean? If KS can get immediate results in ATL (and he does have talent but it would appear that he understands how to work with the talent on the team) why cannot ours? We have such an young staff in actual NFL years...how long does it take and how much time do they get? Will the fan base sit quietly for 2 more years while they 'figure it out?"

makes me wonder if we did draft a stud QB and key positions would the staff be able to make them work as a team and build a winning program? So far that answer would seem to be a NO...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep. I didn't like the hire when we got him because I believed all the garbage from RGIII at the time.

However, I was amazed by the run blocking schemes, the route trees, and how he set plays up. We didn't have the weapons that ATL has, but he gave us a chance.

I seriously doubt we get to 7 wins this year. This team is a mess. It's time to rethink where we are headed under Farmer's leadership.

I mean..........it's almost hard to comprehend how a GM can be so interfering, stupid, and arrogant to force one of the best OC's in the business to lobby his way out of town.

Another black eye for Cleveland.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I am really bitter that we lost Shanahan. Today I watched Atlanta run up the score and be totally unstoppable. Credit goes to the players, but also Shanny. I really wish we had someone like him. That guy is brilliant.

Perhaps we do. Flip may just be that guy.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I think I figured out the offsides on the last field goal. We didn't have a timeout to ice the kicker, so we jumped offsides to get the same effect... willynilly

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Just a heart breaker. How does a team with three starters out on the Oline not get a QB killed? Answer, apparently, play the browns. superconfused

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above by Daman:

"How does a team with three starters out on the Oline not get a QB killed? Answer, apparently, play the browns."

No kiddin'!

They should have been on Rivers every snap.

C'est la Vie

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
quote above by Daman:

"How does a team with three starters out on the Oline not get a QB killed? Answer, apparently, play the browns."

No kiddin'!

They should have been on Rivers every snap.

C'est la Vie

It hurts to even type that.. We had one Oline guy go down last year (mack) and couldn't hold it together without him. These guys lose three and even with our so called improved Dline and LB corp, we can't get to RIvers.

Something has gone wrong here.

We really need to find a Ray Lewis type guy.. He led that team to two superbowl wins and a whole lot of victories along the way.

McCown did a decent job yesterday. In fact, the O was pretty decent to be honest. Our D killed us. Just murdered our chances of a win.

Penalties... Geesh.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
L
Legend
Legend
L
Our Front 7, Lb's especially are bottom of the basement..they couldn't start for any other team

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Our Front 7, Lb's especially are bottom of the basement..they couldn't start for any other team

And the only good rushing linebacker, Paul, they're now sending him into pass coverage ALOT. I don't think this staff, both offense and defense, know what they're doing.

L
Legend
Legend
L
McCown played well yesterday so I'm not gonna trash him, but he has a slow released. That said, his QB play gave us a chance to win.

We got 12 penalties, they got six. Huge differential - I mean, it's hard to win that way.

Ran the ball better, which was good to see.
Something is wrong with our defence - I think we need LB help. Kruger shouldn't be in coverage, Mingo I don't think is even average, let alone worthy of a first round pick. We keep getting gashed.

Bowe is useless. We wil keep him purely for depth - in case we get banged up at WR. . Id rather have taken a flyer on Pryor. No rhyme intended.
Such a discouraging loss....

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Does anyone have the snap/rep count for Bowe? I know he had one target, but I just didn't see him at all it seemed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
McCown played well yesterday so I'm not gonna trash him, but he has a slow released. That said, his QB play gave us a chance to win.

We got 12 penalties, they got six. Huge differential - I mean, it's hard to win that way.

Ran the ball better, which was good to see.
Something is wrong with our defence - I think we need LB help. Kruger shouldn't be in coverage, Mingo I don't think is even average, let alone worthy of a first round pick. We keep getting gashed.

Bowe is useless. We wil keep him purely for depth - in case we get banged up at WR. . Id rather have taken a flyer on Pryor. No rhyme intended.
Such a discouraging loss....

Agree pretty much with all your post, particularly the hi-lited part. I'm not so certain that it's not scheme-related though... thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
It very well might be. I dunno I'm just tired of this wretched run D and suspect tackling and penalty after penalty.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
The game pretty much went how I thought it would (we lost). After watching the Browns for years and years and years, you pretty much know what's gonna happen.

On a positive note, that was a GREAT pass 'n' catch by Duke for a TD. thumbsup

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Chargers 30 Post game nonsense

Link Copied to Clipboard