C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/police-re...its-to-drinking

Quote:
AVON, Ohio - Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, was pulled over by Avon police after police said a domestic argument got out of hand on Interstate 90 westbound earlier in the week.

Police said alcohol was involved. The argument took place between Manziel and his Texas Christian University girlfriend Colleen Elizabeth Crowley.

According to a four-page police report obtained exclusively by newsnet5.com, both were drinking but were not charged.

The incident started on I-90 westbound near the Nagle Road overpass on Monday at 6 p.m.

According to the report, a witness called police after seeing Manziel's white Nissan use the shoulder of the road to pass her at a high speed.

The witness told police the couple was arguing and Crowley attempted to exit the vehicle while they were on the road.

In the report, both Manziel and Crowley admitted they were having an argument and Crowley threw a wallet out of the window.

The report stated the couple then stopped the car in an Avon neighborhood and continued arguing. That's when a second witness called police.

Minutes later, police stopped Manziel's car on Nagle Road where he said both he and Crowley had been drinking in downtown Cleveland earlier that day.

In the report, Crowley told police Manziel pushed her head into a window. She wanted her cell phone because she was concerned about her safety and said she just wanted to return to Texas.

The report stated police did see an abrasion on Crowley's arm but later determined that the abrasion was from Manziel's attempt to keep her from getting out of the vehicle while it was on the road.

According to the report, police did not believe the couple was intoxicated to the point where they could be charged and Crowley told officers that she did not want to press charges so both were allowed to leave the scene in Manziel's car.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Well poop.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Idiot.

Legend
Legend
Huh. I thought they said he dumped her.

All Pro
All Pro
I've been down on him as a player since before we drafted him but at this point, he really does just need help as a human being and I do hope he can find it.

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I am not an expert on rehab or addiction. If a person goes to rehab for one thing, does that mean they should not do another?

Legend
Legend
Yes, that is correct. Especially this soon after he was released.

You're supposed to avoid it at all costs ... and clearly that's not the case here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
A high speed chase, a domestic dispute on I-90, both admit they were "drinking downtown", an allegation of an assault on the woman ... and the cops didn't breathalyze or roadside sobriety check anyone? I guess they recognized him, because anyone else would have been checked carefully for potential DUI.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Has it ever been officially said that he was in rehab for alcohol which is what everyone assumes? It could have been drugs or even anger management. Or a combination.

At any rate if he didn't have enough alcohol for the cops to charge him with anything I think all this story proves is that he needs a new girlfriend.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
Legend
Legend
We should have traded him right after Pettine decided to start McCown after McCown cleared conclusion protocol. I said it then. Probably too late now. Maybe Dallas? Doubt it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
What a freaking disaster. He's got to be inactive for the game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Texas socialite girlfriend of Johnny Manziel under fire for refusing to give up her hard partying ways now that he's out of rehab

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz3olyed06d

when he didnt dump her when he was in rehab i thought this might happen.

Legend
Legend
Mission Slack Off for Goff has recommenced

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I'd be surprised if he isn't active.

There are a lot of things we don't know about his rehab stint.

What was the substance?
If it was booze, was the idea to get him off booze completely or to get it under control? Not every alcohol rehab style means "stay off booze altogether".

This doesn't look good though.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
He needs to ditch this chick. She is a bad influence.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

I agree. And we need to ditch him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

I agree. And we need to ditch him.

Done deal.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I never thought alcohol was the reason for his rehab but this doesn't look good. Who knows how much booze was consumed by either party at this point but it is still a mess.

Apparently the two drink excuse actually worked if no files were charged! My guess is McCown gets injured early Sunday and Manziel lights it up. All is forgiven.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 2m2 minutes ago
#Browns QB Johnny manziel's girlfriend, Colleen Crowley, weighs in on Instagram (thanks @jarko19 for tip):

Last edited by pblack18707; 10/16/15 06:44 PM.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
another bulls eye Farmer hit with a draft pick.
how he still has a job as GM is beyond me.

Legend
Legend
one question I'd have: what the heck is he doing drinking at 2pm on a Monday

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
how he still has a job as GM is beyond me.

1. GMs don't get fired mid-year.
2. We are five games into his second year.

Put down the torch and pitchfork.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

working on his elbow?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Wow people are so quick to judge others with no knowledge of any/many facts.

No charges ... Unless there is more to this story (with verifiable facts) then this is a very minor blip on the radar IMO. Sure Farmer and the Browns need to say the right things .... but the young man is NOT going to go from Party Animal to Saint without a blip here or there.

But what can you do - haters gonna hate.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Wow people are so quick to judge others with no knowledge of any/many facts.

No charges ... Unless there is more to this story (with verifiable facts) then this is a very minor blip on the radar IMO. Sure Farmer and the Browns need to say the right things .... but the young man is NOT going to go from Party Animal to Saint without a blip here or there.

We do have facts. Blips are worth discussing.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Amazing as it sounds, some parts of the world having a glass of wine with lunch is considered civilized. And that's on a work day - heaven knows what they might get up to on a day off. Obviously Cleveland needs to keep that sort of subversive culture at bay.

M
Legend
Legend
M
What facts do you have? Be specific. Then tell me how big of a blip you think you have.

Legend
Legend

Amazing as it sounds, some parts of the world having a glass of wine with lunch is considered civilized. And that's on a work day - heaven knows what they might get up to on a day off. Obviously Cleveland needs to keep that sort of subversive culture at bay.

Do all of those people in those "parts of the world" also have addiction problems? Were they all just in rehab?

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
What facts do you have? Be specific. Then tell me how big of a blip you think you have.

Police were called because a couple was arguing. Fact.

Manziel was drinking. Fact.

Manziel was driving recklessly. Fact.

I don't know how the rehab process works or what kind of treatment Manziel was getting, but this is definitely worth discussing. Manziel is our "QB of the future."

M
Legend
Legend
M
The facts I can see:

- A couple had an argument in public.
- Police were called.
- Police didn't charge anyone for driving under the influence - did not charge anyone for reckless driving or for domestic violence. So whatever fracas there was, was minor.

Now because its Johnny and he has a history - people want to assume the worst.

JMO

Last edited by mgh888; 10/16/15 07:06 PM.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Who assumed the worst?

All Pro
All Pro
The facts I can see:

- Police were called.
- Police didn't charge anyone for driving under the influence - did not charge anyone for reckless driving or for domestic violence. So whatever fracas there was, was minor.

JMO

Speeding past cars on the shoulder, forcably keeping a woman in a vehicle she wants to exit and pushing her face into the vehicle's window, to say nothing of day drinking 3 months after getting out of substance abuse rehab is the worst.

Man I know I'm biased against this guy, but you must be related to him to try and blow this off as no big deal...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I don't know how the rehab process works or what kind of treatment Manziel was getting, but this is definitely worth discussing. Manziel is our "QB of the future."

Your last fact is not a fact --- as I mentioned, no-one charged with anything and so there is no evidence of reckless driving.

As for the drinking vs Rehab .... what was Johnny in Rehab for??? We don't know. Is he supposed to be alcohol free? We don't know. Did he have ONE beer or glass of wine with lunch? We don't know. Did he have 3 or 4 beers or wines? We don't know, but if he was driving and there was ANY suspicion of that quantity of alcohol, then he would have been taken for a blood test or he would have taken a breathalyzer.

Yes - it probably is worth discussing as he's a very inflammatory member of the Browns .... but people want to judge and jump to conclusions and fill in the gaps with their assumptions and pass a verdict based on .... well based on nothing.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Yes - it probably is worth discussing as he's a very inflammatory member of the Browns .... but people want to judge and jump to conclusions and fill in the gaps with their assumptions and pass a verdict based on .... well based on nothing.

If we were to discuss things in which we only had all the information, then this message board would cease to exist.

Your last fact is not a fact --- as I mentioned, no-one charged with anything and so there is no evidence of reckless driving.

Driving on the shoulder to pass a person is driving recklessly. He was not ticketed for it, but that's what it is. Many people go faster than the speed limit on the freeway, they are not ticketed. They are still speeding.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

As for the drinking vs Rehab .... what was Johnny in Rehab for??? We don't know. Is he supposed to be alcohol free? We don't know. Did he have ONE beer or glass of wine with lunch? We don't know. Did he have 3 or 4 beers or wines? We don't know, but if he was driving and there was ANY suspicion of that quantity of alcohol, then he would have been taken for a blood test or he would have taken a breathalyzer.

They're not going to charge him with reckless driving if they didn't catch him in the act and they're not going to waste time on a blood test or breathalyzer if he did indeed only have a drink or two hours ago, it would be pointless. It doesn't change the fact that those are bad choices for anyone let alone a professional athlete who's already on thin ice based on prior behavior. Again, that doesn't even address the alleged manhandling of his girlfriend.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Women ain't worth it, Johnny.

We are terrible
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Stetson76
The facts I can see:

- Police were called.

JMO

Speeding past cars on the shoulder, forcably keeping a woman in a vehicle she wants to exit and pushing her face into the vehicle's window, to say nothing of day drinking 3 months after getting out of substance abuse rehab is the worst.

Man I know I'm biased against this guy, but you must be related to him to try and blow this off as no big deal...

No - I didn't want anything to do with JFF before the draft. I thought he was a joke last season. But I think he has made genuine effort to turn his life around. I prefer not to judge people when I don't have many facts.

As to your comments - what speed were the other cars going? What speed was JM's car going? You prefer a person to allow a person to jump out of a moving vehicle than to restrain them? . . . I have not seen any report about JM pushing his girlfriends face into the window. . . I can't comment to that, but if that is the very worst of the incident then I hope Johnny learns a lesson and moves on. I certainly don't think it's grounds to cut him or worse.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Goose7
Women ain't worth it, Johnny.

So it's her fault?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Johnny Manziel pulled over during domestic argument, admits to drinking

Link Copied to Clipboard