Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1022160 10/26/15 02:29 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A true ghost story....

I used to live in Richmond Virginia. The city is split by the James River.

Friends and I had a place close to one of the bridge that span the James were we would go at night and swim, drink and party a little.

One Saturday night a friend and I were walking down the path to our spot , we scaled a gate to get into the property and decided to wait there for the rest of out group.

A minute or so later a lady in her 60's or so came up the path from the river.. very odd since there was really nothing down there, no houses, etc.

The lady asked us if we have seen her dog, "no" we explained and she wandered off up the trail basically speaking to herself that she has lost her dog and " I must find my dog".

I turned to speak to my friend and when I turned back up the path I noticed the lady was gone... "damn that old lady was spry she scaled that gate and was on her way" I commented.

The next day at home I was mentioning to my roommate about the night before and the lady who we crossed paths with. My roommate got all wierded out and said... "you know on Friday night. an old lady had car trouble on that bridge and when she opened her door , her dog got out. When she was chasing the dog she was hit by and car and was killed"

True story...

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Great thread topic Texas! And great story.

The most unexplainable thing that ever happened to me:

I was in a hot tub outside with my sister-in-law and her husband early one morning (2:30 am type early) it was after a large all-day family party. Everybody else was either gone or asleep.

All of a sudden, I hear what sounded like a large commercial jet flying unusually close to the ground. And it was getting louder and closer. All three of us became alarmed. We couldn’t see it but we all heard it as I yelled “It’s gonna crash!”

All of a sudden this loud noise just stopped. Didn't slowly die down or fade away. We all heard the same noise but for the next ½ hour we could not come up with any earthly explanation for it.

I can’t possibly imagine what caused that sound.

I'll bet there's some great unexplainable incidences out there.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Neat story.

Mine's not halloween related, but here goes.

8-9 years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night by Milo, our fixed, female indoor cat. She was ticked off - or scared, I don't know which.

I woke up (she'd never done that before, or after by the way). I heard what sounded like a table being drug across a wood floor. I got up to investigate. Noticed my daughter had come downstairs at some point in the night and was sleeping in my bed.

Walked out of the bedroom, and there's Milo, right outside my bedroom door. No windows near her - and she's just meowing like a mad cat.

I checked the main floor, then the garage. Nothing. Went upstairs.....nothing.

Went back to bed, and Milo followed me. I didn't have a clue what had happened....just chalked it up to "it was nothing".

Next morning, taking my daughter to school she made the comment: "Dad, I know it was nothing. But last night I got in your bed. I woke up, and you weren't there, but I saw a guy in the hall looking at me. He didn't have legs. He was wearing a jersey with the number 00 on it. When he saw me looking at him, he disappeared."

My blood chilled and the hair on my arms stood up.

The cat saw something.

I heard something.

And my daughter saw something. (and no, it wasn't me. I don't own a jersey with 00 on it, I have legs, and I don't just disappear.)

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... For Hallowen

Link Copied to Clipboard