Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That's it. I've seen enough. i don't care if we end up pulling a mangini and winning the last 4. these guys have got to go.

We have blown the majority of our draft pics. our 5 1st rounders since 2013 are garbage, with really only manziel and shelton showing anything worth a damn.

We have the highest paid Defense in the NFL.

our Defense is last in almost every category.

most, if not all of our players, even the "talent" guys like Thomas, Haden, Mack, etc. have regressed.

Our offensive and defensive productions have regressed.

clock management is terrible.

we are the most undisciplined team in the league. this recent crap against pittsburgh...all these penalties.

People want to say how do we expect a 2nd year HC to develop talent? the guy has been a coach for how many years? and how many years does he have coaching in the NFL? either as a positions coach or D coord? the guy should know how to develop talent. he hasn't.

Haslam needs to can everybody. We had a good coaching staff with Chud, Norv, And horton. they got canned for no reason.

We had shanny. yet due to our obnoxious GM, he bounced. We have a terrible DC in O neill.

But these coaching hires at the coords fall on pettine. the execution, or lack thereof, falls on pettine. the penalties fall on pettine.

the picks fall on Farmer. the people he has brought in fall on him.

Continuity only works if we're progressing. we aren't progressing in anything. and on top of that, at the end of the day, we have regressed in the W-L column.

They need to go, and hopefully during the Bye week.

Last edited by Swish; 11/15/15 05:12 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I agree. Farmer has missed on picks. his batting average is horrible. 4 picks in the 1st RD and no impact what so ever.
whoever supports Farmer at this point has no idea why they support him.
based on what?
His way of "building it right" is so wrong on so many fronts.
the proof lies in the W/L record.
there is no core to build around.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
lol - have we pretty much said that after just about every game this year?

on the bright side next weekend will be open and we can't lose! wink

Seems like QB numbers are enough for us to at least be .500 at this point...

Dysfunction seems to be the word this year...

Last edited by Dawg_Traveler; 11/15/15 05:12 PM.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Johnny plays well and once again the team just lasys down. There is no discipline, no passion with this team. They are very rich welfare recipients just drawing a weekly check.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Top to bottom house cleaning. Hurts to say it too.

Haslam only hope at landing anyone with a positive career he will have to give him FULL control. I don't think he's willing. This is a stinking, heaping mess!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree. Fire them all. Right now. Don't wait. We have a bye week so dump Farmer and Pettine, play the rest of the way with an interim and start the GM and HC search NOW. Right now. Don't wait for the off season when a lot of other teams are looking and we have to sign the last ones available.
Fire them now and be done with it. Pettine sucks. Farmer sucks. Flip sucks. Oneil sucks. The Browns are one big SUCK!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am starting to wonder if the picks are good and the coaching is making them bad.

if we fire Pet we can at least figure out if there is talent and it was just coached poorly or

there really is no talent.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Legend
Legend
R
There is no wondering about the coaching.

It's epically bad.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym
Johnny plays well and once again the team just lasys down. There is no discipline, no passion with this team. They are very rich welfare recipients just drawing a weekly check.

He didn't play that well. 3 TD passes is playing well at QB. Winning is playing well. Stacking up yards while failing to score much and then losing is not my idea of a stud QB outing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Farmer makes it through the season, but have a funny feeling Pet gets canned tomorrow.....won't shed a tear for either.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
There is no wondering about the coaching.

It's epically bad.

oh trust me... I cannot argue that. The team quit today. it was apparent when we could have scored in the 4th and there was 3 dropped passes for TD's after Gabriel went out.

not to mention the 12 penalties for almost 200 yards.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Top to bottom house cleaning. Hurts to say it too.

Haslam only hope at landing anyone with a positive career he will have to give him FULL control. I don't think he's willing. This is a stinking, heaping mess!

I could not agree more. I know it will be "wash rinse and repeat" but that is what is required when the results are less than desired. OR We could just deal with it for another 3 years and enjoy more of the same

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I am starting to wonder if the picks are good and the coaching is making them bad.

if we fire Pet we can at least figure out if there is talent and it was just coached poorly or

there really is no talent.

Nope Farmer sucks too. Fire them both and start over.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
I think Farmer makes it through the season, but have a funny feeling Pet gets canned tomorrow.....won't shed a tear for either.

Man that would be sweet. Right up until the announce Oneil as the interim.... or even worse Flip.... Ouch. Still I'd love it if Pettine gets the axe tonight.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nobody survives. Farmer is buffoon.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
bro if they announce o neill as the interim coach....lol...oh man.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Amazing how many homers thought this roster was really stacked with talent
Before the season started

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i dunno about people who said we were stacked with talent.

but we definitely have some talent. that fact that all of our pro-bowl, all-pro players have regressed should tell us something.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Amazing how many homers thought this roster was really stacked with talent
Before the season started

Yes it is and it explains why they are acting like little babies who had their favorite toy taken away...

I tried to tell each and every one of them that this was how it would go down but they insisted Pet was money and Text was the MAN.... Now they're lashing out cause they were wrong.

What do you want to bet their wrong now too?

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Haslam said no changes at the bye.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I say can O'Neil now, and make Pettine run the defense. Dump Farmer immediately, then in the offseason you bring new coaching top to bottom. If the "vets" don't like the change again, just show them the record they have achieved. The players need some culpability in this.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Haslam said no changes at the bye.

No biggie. It's clear they're all getting fired at the end of the season anyway.

It's already being reported Farmer is no longer allowed to make any roster moves without approval.

Legend
Legend
How in the world could you say no changes this bye week? Are we better than we began? This was horrible to watch today. Depth doesn't matter much, saw no defensive adjustment on deep balls. This group wasn't ready.

Some should be very ashamed.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I really am finding it hard to care any more.

I get mad for about 2 minutes after the games .... then, nothing. I just don't even care. I have missed parts of games this year, and there was a time when that never would have happened.

The units that were supposed to be strengths of the team stink. We have regressed across the board. The team folds under the slightest pressure, and if we had any more self inflicted wounds, our logo would be a pistol pointed at our foot.

I'll be back again watching next week ..... but I truly do feel like there may come a time when that won't be the case. I have been a fan of this team for 39 years, and we have had a whopping 11 winning seasons over that time. That is just amazing incompetence. I truly am sick and tired of it. It has just worn me down. People can say that I'm a bad fan if they like .... but this team has pushed me away for so many years, is it my fault if I start moving away? It's like blaming the guy whose wife cheated on him with 20 different guys, did drugs, burned down the house, and left him, when she files for divorce.

Yeah, our logo definitely should be a pistol pointed at our foot. At least that would make sense.

Well, like the factory of sadness guy said; "see you next week". Next year? I dunno.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I told all you peeps about Farmer, and all I got was ridicule.

This franchise needs to move to LA during the bye week.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm on board for replacing Ray Farmer. His two drafts have really set this team back. I'm also on board with firing Jim O' Neil, this defense has been awful. I don't really understand how you take a step backwards in your second year despite adding more than you lost talent wise.

I'm 110% against firing Mike Pettine though. I'm not interested in hiring our 6th head coach since 2008, nor am I interested in replacing our 6th offensive coordinator in 6 years.

Blowing up our coaching staff and front office every two years has literally gotten this franchise nowhere. It's not Mike Pettines fault that Farmer has whiffed big time in free agency and the draft, is it?

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I really am finding it hard to care any more.

I get mad for about 2 minutes after the games .... then, nothing. I just don't even care. I have missed parts of games this year, and there was a time when that never would have happened.

The units that were supposed to be strengths of the team stink. We have regressed across the board. The team folds under the slightest pressure, and if we had any more self inflicted wounds, our logo would be a pistol pointed at our foot.

I'll be back again watching next week ..... but I truly do feel like there may come a time when that won't be the case. I have been a fan of this team for 39 years, and we have had a whopping 11 winning seasons over that time. That is just amazing incompetence. I truly am sick and tired of it. It has just worn me down. People can say that I'm a bad fan if they like .... but this team has pushed me away for so many years, is it my fault if I start moving away? It's like blaming the guy whose wife cheated on him with 20 different guys, did drugs, burned down the house, and left him, when she files for divorce.

Yeah, our logo definitely should be a pistol pointed at our foot. At least that would make sense.

Well, like the factory of sadness guy said; "see you next week". Next year? I dunno.

The perfect Browns helmet:

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Not to mention Farmer FAILS to draft a desperately needed WR. Pettine's defense is horrible and team is so undisciplined. Pettine just sucks!

We are terrible
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I remember 1 year ago, the Browns were winning a few games,yet many were not happy and wanted changes.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: mac
I remember 1 year ago, the Browns were winning a few games,yet many were not happy and wanted changes.

many dont know a good thing lol

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
M
Legend
Legend
M

They were ahead of the curve. Another solid point Mac!

J
Rookie
Rookie
J

LMFAO. So true. Its part of playing like a Brown. lol

Last edited by jack; 11/15/15 06:57 PM.
J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Originally Posted By: MrKelso
I'm on board for replacing Ray Farmer. His two drafts have really set this team back. I'm also on board with firing Jim O' Neil, this defense has been awful. I don't really understand how you take a step backwards in your second year despite adding more than you lost talent wise.

I could not agree more

I'm 110% against firing Mike Pettine though. I'm not interested in hiring our 6th head coach since 2008, nor am I interested in replacing our 6th offensive coordinator in 6 years.

I agree I do not want to blow this up and go thru hell again but I am getting tired of getting laughed at, stepped on, pushed around and looking like a bunch of cream puffs like we do everytime we play the steelers. I mean I would need a whole page worth of posts to list examples of how the steelers made us look like little scared boys. It happens every game. I don't get it I am not saying we should play dirty but enough is enough. They play hard plan and simple we play soft and wonder why the score is what is is>>

Blowing up our coaching staff and front office every two years has literally gotten this franchise nowhere. It's not Mike Pettines fault that Farmer has whiffed big time in free agency and the draft, is it? Yes he is part to blame, look no further than JOE haden, once great talent on this team now just avg. at best.

R
Legend
Legend
R

I wanted to resign Hoyer and let him build on his season. We never stick with anyone or anything at all. Too quick to judge and give up on people.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
QB was part of the problem a year ago, QB is the only thing that appears to be decent this year.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Isn't that funny? I can't think of one game we lost due to bad QB play this year. Josh was much better than I ever thought he would be, and Johnny is trending upward. I think what we have here is an org in total chaos.....farmer not over roster moves (because Alec has taken over...joy), players now burying Pet in the media today.....this regime is dead man walking.

The sad part is I think Sheiner and Jimmy are still here and I'm beginning to think they are the biggest problem.

Against logic,the most effective armor is willful ignorance.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wish list for next HC

Gruden
Cowher
Billick
Mariucci

Gruden, Cowher and Billick all have rings. I like that. Mariucci had a pretty decent run in San Francisco. No one could have won in Detroit with Matt Millen as the GM. Ouch. Farmer won't draft any WR's and Millen couldn't draft anything else.... lol All would be serious upgrades over what we have now. There is no salary cap on Coaches. Jimmy is swimming in it even after the scandal. Time to BUY us a name coach.

By the way, the 1-7 Lions beat the Packers AT Lambeau Field for the first time since 91. They can do that as bad as they are and we play like we did today.... truly pathetic.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I can't remember the last time we were actually in a game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
None of those guys will make a difference. Our talent sucks.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Wish list for next HC

By the way, the 1-7 Lions beat the Packers AT Lambeau Field for the first time since 91. They can do that as bad as they are and we play like we did today.... truly pathetic.

And there were some last week that said that was one team they wouldn't trade rosters with. lol

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum It's Time to Fire Pettine and Farmer.

Link Copied to Clipboard