Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The Good:

--Manziel put up big numbers. Threw the ball from the pocket and outside the pocket. Scrambled. Was accurate. He was our best player.

--Kruger made some nice plays.

--Benji had good numbers.

--Run defense was better.

--Barnidge had another TD.

The Bad:

--Johnny holds the ball too long.

--Playcalling. Why go Wildcat in the red zone when you have JM? Stupid. No running in second half.

--Turnovers. Penalties. Plays coming in late. Missed extra point. Poor punt.

The Ugly:

--Our corners. Gaines, Desir, Williams, Bademosi all got smoked.

--Glad we stashed Gaines on short term IR. rolleyes

--We were so over matched talent wise. It was pathetic. My wife and son are Steeler fans and they actually felt sorry for my daughter and I. That's beyond ugly. But watch, I bet the majority of the fans will blame Pet and call to have him fired. It's the Brown's way and nothing is uglier than that!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
How did I forget this HUGE UGLY?

--Cameron Erving is atrocious. He is so weak. He gets bull rushed, blown-up, pushed back into the backfield. He reaches, he grabs, he plays w/no leverage. Freaking ugly!

R
Legend
Legend
R
I mentioned in the game day thread that I don't think he has an ounce of muscle on his body.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I can't believe how weak he is. It's unreal. You know what......Manziel is actually the best player Farmer has brought in. How crazy is that?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The good

Johnny played really well despite being under a lot of pressure.

Kirksey may have had his best game as a pro.

Benji on most of his plays.

The fade to Barnidge may have been the best we have ever made that play look. It was so good we never ran it again when we were back into the redzone.

Johnny's pump faked everyone out of their shoes to bad the refs stole that TD along with Benji's TD.
Danny Shelton really had a good game today. when he was in there he was a force in the middle.

The bad
Penalties i mean come on man. 1st and goal from the one inch line u run 3 plays and its first and 30.

More penalties, the secondary was horrible and they were mugging the Steeler receivers and still couldnt stop them.

we made no attepts to actually blitz and get pressure on a wounded Big Ben. rush 3 or 4 and let the receivers beat our corners.

The ugly
Joe thomas had the only QB sack for the Browns

Johnny nearly had his neck broke. My grandmaw used to do chickens that way. lol

You pull Johnny and go with the wildcat when u are really getting some momentum going. That was just stupid

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I saw one play where Shelton could not even get into a stance. He is out of shape.

Legend
Legend
The good:

Manziel. he hit multiple targets. besides the WTF fumble at the beginning, he played well.

Benji and Barnidge played well.

K Waun keeps playing very well.

The bad:

our entire defense

Hawkins and Manziel's fumble

Benji dropping the TD pass in the 4th.

The ugly:

our team. specifically defense and the offensive line. the penalties were just......all i could do was laugh.

The refs. that should've been a TD run by Manziel.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Last time I checked a GOOD coach should be able to squeeze extra out of inferior players. What does this coach bring to the table? Our record is going backwards, we are unprepared mentally and physically and as the coach he is in charge of his coordinators. Jim O'neal is in way over his head, and we continue to keep him in his job. Some can say we do not have talent but look at Haden for an example. He has regressed over the last couple of seasons to the point where he is a liability just like the rest of our corners are we going to say he doesn't have talent? Sorry but this coaching and FO sucks u can spin it how ever you want but its like putting lip stick on a pig at the end of the day. I don't want to go thru the pain of starting over again but nobody respects this soft, undersized, finesse and hartless team. IF this team had half of the hart as us fans, we would be on the other side of this mess each week.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The Good:

Manziel had a pretty nice game.

Lee had some punts downed from the 10 yard line and in.

The Bad

Cameron Erving. He's bad, very bad.

Pierre Desir. Hell, the whole secondary.

We still have 6 more of these damn games to play.

The Ugly

Penalties. This has become absurd.

Coaching is beyond pathetic.

Ball at the 6 inch line and the offense manages to go backwards about 26 yards.

Drops and fumbles by the receivers.

This team is an absolute mess with no direction or leadership.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not sure if true and may have been a bit of hyperbole but I heard a comment recently that the Browns had almost 90% of their budget dedicated to the defense and offensive line. Now thats ugly.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The penalties are annoying. That goes on the coaching staff.

On the other hand, we had several PI calls. Those calls had more to do w/our corners being dominated by the Steeler receivers. That goes on our lack of talent.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That would be ugly.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
The penalties are annoying. That goes on the coaching staff.

On the other hand, we had several PI calls. Those calls had more to do w/our corners being dominated by the Steeler receivers. That goes on our lack of talent.

Vers I have never been part of any team that played with this much of a total lack of discipline. Hell even in highschool players know the damn snap count or what is and isnt an illegal formation. Maybe we just have a roster full or morons but it just drives me nuts with seeing the same things week after week.

Legend
Legend
The Good: The few good things were already mentioned.

The bad: Clock management. Why in the hell did Pettine call time out with the clock running down at the half. That decision gave Pittsburgh what they needed to go up 21-3. His use of timeouts has been abysmal all year.

The ugly: Our running plays. Good God they are telegraphed. No stunting, Manziel sticks the ball out in front of the designated hole long before the runner is ready to take it. No other teams seem to do this. We rushed for a total of 15 yards today, let that sink in.

OL - the entire line was getting blown off the ball. Every time I think Schwartz is getting it together he's on his ass in the backfield. Cfrs posted a gif of Erving getting knocked backwards off his feet while Heywood tackled Crowell as he was taking the snap. It was pathetic. There were times Manziel had defenders on him before he finished his drop.

Penalties - we are so damned undisciplined. That has to fall on coaching.

My interest in this team. It's going fast. I stopped watching in the 4th qtr. to winterize my lawn tractor and change the oil in my snowblower. I should have done it at halftime. I just don't care like I used to.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Pittsburgh was getting ready to score. We called the timeouts to save time for our offense. That wasn't stupid.

Legend
Legend
You had to at least consider we'd get a stop...which meant we'd have the ball on the 1 or less.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I guess..........but, if they would have scored......everyone would be freaking out how we didn't call any timeouts at the end of the half, just like they did a week or two ago.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Originally Posted By: jfanent
You had to at least consider we'd get a stop...which meant we'd have the ball on the 1 or less.

I though he managed well. If Pitt would have scored and we only had 15 seconds left before halftime, you'd be making the same complaint that he managed the clock bad. That was good call by Pet, just didn't work out.

And I don't like Pet, I think he's awful.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
M
Legend
Legend
M
I saw one play where Shelton could not even get into a stance. He is out of shape.

He's a fat blob. His diet needs strict monitoring.

Legend
Legend
The Good:

Johnny Manziel is continuing to show growth and not getting too frustrated despite all the awful crap that this team does.

Orchard was awesome on the edge in run D. He only let contain break once and ended up forcing a fumble on that play. He also did better than I expected in coverage. Still he (or anybody else for that matter) didn't get any pass rush, so that's a bummer.

Nice to see Hartline contributing and not just Barnidge and Benjamin.

The Bad:

Cameron Erving. Wow. It's almost unbelieveable how bad he has been. If you count up how many times he's been on his butt this year in his 150 or so snaps, is it more or less than all the other AFC North OL combined?

The running game. Just terrible. I can't even say if our RBs are good or bad there are so many people in the backfield. Both Erving and (sadly) Mack have been really bad in this regard.

The people whose job it is to rush the passer. I can't even call it a pass rush, because nobody is feeling rushed.

The Ugly:

Penalties. Ugly, ugly penalties. Giving them a free play and then compounding it with a huge penlty (twice!) The penalties after having first and goal from the half yard line. Armonty's Leaping penalty giving them 4 points.

The spot on Manziel's scramble. That was a TD by half a yard.

Two of the worst players on our 53-man roster are first round draft picks from the last two years.

Putting players who are too slow or too small on a one-trick pony wideout when you actually have the perfect player to cover him that you make inactive. Because eff that guy.

Taking the timeouts at the end of the first half AND THEN PLAYING GIVE-UP BALL WHEN YOU GET THE BALL BACK! Why are you stopping the clock if you're not going to try to move the ball when you get it back?! Unbelieveable.

400 yards of offense and only 9 points.

Legend
Legend
Good: Manziel was decent, not spectacular, nothing I would call my brother and boast about but not embarrassing either. Our receivers were for the most part, decent.

Bad: Oline. The whole group. JT on his back tripping Johnny.

Ugly: Defense. Paint them black with a white stripe down their back, they stink. Irving. Penalties. I heard a stat today that we have two more yards in penalties than we do rushing yards for the season. That is serious skunk stinky.

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Bad: our defence and our pass protection, and run game.

Good: JM, our attitude today.

Ugly: 74 looks like a raw rookie. Bowled over, outmanned

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I went back and checked on Erving's combine numbers and he benched 225 30 times. Not George Lilja, but not terrible.
Of course, I fully realize that doesn't mean he doesn't play soft and weak. I am not defending him, so please don't spaz on me. I just also thought he seemed very flabby and soft and played terrible, so I checked.
Looks like another terrible first round pick.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Big G
I went back and checked on Erving's combine numbers and he benched 225 30 times. Not George Lilja, but not terrible.
Of course, I fully realize that doesn't mean he doesn't play soft and weak. I am not defending him, so please don't spaz on me. I just also thought he seemed very flabby and soft and played terrible, so I checked.
Looks like another terrible first round pick.

I really think losing both Shanny and our OL coach was just to much for this line to overcome. They havent played well together all year. Erving's struggles are not the least bit surprising. I do feel however, he is gonna be a really good interior player. Hell Bitonio was top 2 or 3 at LG last year and bottom 3 year. Its more than just Erving not having strength.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Good:

Manziel. Not great, but good. One bonehead play to open the game. Next possession he had some shaky throws, but after that he really settled in and started moving the offense. Even more impressive that he did it with a joke of a running game.

WR's. Other than Benji's horrible drop, they caught just about everything.

Bad:

Running backs. Running backwards is bad. Taught at the high school level.

Ugly:

Secondary. They were awful. I don't care if it was Pierre Desir or Joe Haden. Do your job. I'm tired of making excuses for guys simply because they aren't high on the depth chart. Good teams have guys who come from the second team and make plays when called upon. That's what the league is all about. Nobody in that secondary has taken advantage of the opportunity.

The offensive line. Joe Thomas getting knocked over. Cam Erving getting blown up. Mitchell Schwartz can go too.

Officiating. Didn't decide the game, but Manziel's scramble was clearly a TD, and Pittsburgh got 3 free points because of a phantom DPI call where Williams didn't even touch the WR. Embarrassing.

CBS for having an in-game interview with Brett Keisel. Really? Is this the pre-season? I have never seen that during a game that counted. I'm so tired of the league and the media catering to the Steelers. Fouts and Eagle were laughing at that awful facemask, which was clearly dirty. If that was Brady, Manning, or Rodgers, they'd be screaming to the high heavens. Awful.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
UGLY:
How about Duke Johnson trying to block a blitzing LB? He was just mauled over more than once.

NFL replay crews. How do they NOT give that rushing TD to Johnny? I could clearly see his hands beyond the goal line when his knee hit.

BAD:
TB has to make that catch in the endzone. He wimped it out thinking that Simmons was about to hit him.

That was one of the nastiest facemask grabs I've seen in years. If that was me, I'd be dead.

GOOD:
JM had his best game. He at least made plays that were interesting to watch. It's a shame the rest of the team fell apart so badly around him.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The good:
Johnny wasn't held to stay in the pocket..

the bad:
Another missed point after ..

The refs..

play calling..abandoned the run, when it could have produced more than the 4 incomplete passes for nothing

The ugly :

Steeler fan..

Steeleer player

Steeler win

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
UGLY:
How about Duke Johnson trying to block a blitzing LB? He was just mauled over more than once.

ha I almost forgot about that. That was pathetic. He can do everything but block.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good:

The Steelers. All they do and Ben does is win no matter what, injuries ect. Excuses are for losers which are the Browns. Sorry but I just have nothing good to add about this god awful performance.

Ugly:

This whole season. It's been a nightmare like every one but 2 since 99.

This Oline has been shockingly ugly and not excluding JT either this season. My goodness does Cam suck. Looks like yet another bust. Rookie or not that was an ugly ugly game. Schwartz has never been good.

The defensive backfield: did we have one today?

Why are the receivers getting so much love? They were terrible. When we need a catch the most they drop em (Benji) or if they catch them they fumble (Hawkins). This group is not pro worthy.

Coaching: All the penalties. Can this team look any more unprepared? The whole coaching staff gets a big fat F.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Good:

--Manziel put up big numbers. Threw the ball from the pocket and outside the pocket. Scrambled. Was accurate. He was our best player.

--Kruger made some nice plays.

--Benji had good numbers.

--Run defense was better.

--Barnidge had another TD.

The Bad:

--Johnny holds the ball too long.

--Playcalling. Why go Wildcat in the red zone when you have JM? Stupid. No running in second half.

--Turnovers. Penalties. Plays coming in late. Missed extra point. Poor punt.

The Ugly:

--Our corners. Gaines, Desir, Williams, Bademosi all got smoked.

--Glad we stashed Gaines on short term IR. rolleyes

--We were so over matched talent wise. It was pathetic. My wife and son are Steeler fans and they actually felt sorry for my daughter and I. That's beyond ugly. But watch, I bet the majority of the fans will blame Pet and call to have him fired. It's the Brown's way and nothing is uglier than that!

About the only thing to add from everyone else...

Good:
*We seem to be able to run up between the tackles..why did we stop?
*Johnny can hit the middle quick throws right up the middle - he had a few good hot hits to Barnidge

Bad:
*Lack of blitzing Ben..our 4/3 got no pressure and Ben couldn't run...he had mostly all day to through
*Our DB's seemed to always be behind the receivers..
*Not a fan of the 5 receiver set we seemed to run a lot of
*Again, our DB's never bump..we let them off the line free and clear and Ben gets the ball out very quickly.
*Our RB's when the try and go around the corner seem to always lose about 5 yards when the go BACkwards...

Ugly:
*Final Score
*I saw so many "almost" got there moments..derailed by a bad call, penalty...giving them points on just dumb penalties..instead of a FG allowing them to get a TD..sigh
*They blitz on down a lot
*We look slow at most positions compared to them
*Again, we get killed by unchecked corner blitzes..
*At the half...they had 306 passing yards... 306 at the half!
**still no pressure second half - really why don't we blitz??
*I swear out LB's just flat out seemed confused when backed into the redzone..there seems to be a disconnet between the LB's and DB's on who is cover who...

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I ain't gonna spaz on you, man. You provided a legit stat. I get on guys who make crap up.

I did find that interesting, because he looks weak as heck. Did you see him getting blown up?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
You know...............I don't agree w/all you guys have to say, but right now........I have a huge headache and I gotta say you guys are talking football and I appreciate that. Thanks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Everything was ugly. From the opening fumble to the final whistle. It is unbelievable to me how truly pathetic this franchise has become. 13 of the last 15 and we get to show the entire country(anyone stupid enough to tune in)against Baltimore on Monday Night Football. Oh joy. 14 of the last 16 anyone? If I were Haslam I'd fire both Pettine and Farmer immediately. What else is there to say? Another year another horrific Browns team. Yeah, it's all ugly.... and it's only going to get uglier

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Firing everyone is stupid. This team lacks talent. Fire the GM, give the coach another chance. Continuity is important.

But again...............if we land Saban, everyone needs to go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I don't agree w/all you guys have to say, but right now........I have a huge headache and I gotta say you guys are talking football and I appreciate that. Thanks.

That's gay as hell.. you put up a thread to voice an opinion...

And you post you don't agree w /all we say.. but thank us for talking football ?

SMH...really weird... I could care less if you agree or not... The good the bad the ugly... let the people speak.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Firing everyone is stupid. This team lacks talent. Fire the GM, give the coach another chance. Continuity is important.

But again...............if we land Saban, everyone needs to go.

You simply cant keep a coach that is putting this kind of product on the field. It may be stupid but I have a better chance of eating coal and crapping diamonds than Pet does at surviving this season with the way this team is playing. There just isnt anything at all to hang your hat on with this coaching staff.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
.if we land Saban, everyone needs to go.

Is this the same Saban that totally failed in Miami ?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
WTF are you talking about? I was "letting people talk." That was my point. And I am not gay. Just so you know.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Mourg, do you remember when you were part of the group that called me a whiner when I questioned our talent before the season? Do you remember when you guys blasted me for some of our personnel decisions?

I saw it coming. I kept warning you guys. I said............"we'll see what y'all have to say in October." Now, reality has hit and you guys are freaking out. It was inevitable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 9 Steelers 30 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Link Copied to Clipboard