Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? I was "letting people talk." That was my point. And I am not gay. Just so you know.

I know your not... but stop with the ..talk football or you don't know what your talking about crap...

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That is NOT what I said, bro. Not even close. Read it again. I was actually complimenting people for talking football. Come on, man!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No one is freaking out, you may have had a correct prediction about this team but you were wrong for trying to beat down everyone with a posive attitude towards this season.

I was very hopeful that our defense and OL would show up and be a strength of this team. I had growing concerns when I began to hear the term camp cupcake and the entire practice was a walk through. I had more concerns in preseason when I began to see a softness with this team. Like I told you opening week, we are in serious trouble when the only 2 people that wanted it on opening day was the 2 quarterbacks.

I give the team a chance and go from there. This is the single worst coaching job I have seen from the Browns. His plan of building a tough team was followed with soft cuddly practices. Mental reps was his big word throughout camp.

The team is committing a dozen penalties a game and its golly gee we have to clean that up. The stuff I am blaming pet for isnt lack of talent issues but things he brought upon himself that and some horrible clock managment.

Farmer's drafts are still a wait and see but his free agency moves can quickly be evaluated. This roster is on him as 2/3 of the roster are his guys. I believe Pet is 100% gone but Farmer is more of a 50/50 proposition.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
what happened to your headache ?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't think I was wrong. I think you guys were wrong.

And you are wrong again if you think that Pet is more of a problem than Farmer.

But, don't worry. If they fire Pet and keep Farmer......I will be done w/this POC franchise.........and many of you will be happy about that. thumbsup

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Why are you messing w/me?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
would you believe it's because I'm so bored with the same bs talk that comes with this team.. I figured i would just talk crap.. because no matter what we say... nothing changes... I'm changing up things.. lol smile

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
LOL.............okay. Go ahead and rant. I understand. All too well. smirk

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Its almost repetitive to post on here any more Vers..

Yes we suck... why are you so negative..

Yes we will pull it together... why you so positive..

Our O-line is the best in the league... What ?

Our D is going to rock in 2015.. What ?

continuity is ...... What ?

Fire everyone... What ?

there's always next year...yep !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Firing everyone is stupid. This team lacks talent. Fire the GM, give the coach another chance. Continuity is important.

But again...............if we land Saban, everyone needs to go.

Do you think you can get a decent GM to take this job if you tell him he's not allowed to pick his own coach? I have my doubts if you can get one to take it anyway.... but telling a GM he's got to keep Pettine for at least another year? And I'm not saying anything bad about Pettine but most GMs want to hook their wagon to a coach of their own choosing

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
The ugly... 2 weeks from now, with a number of possible compelling games that week, the Monday night game could very easily be 2 teams that are 2-8... good luck making that interesting. I guess we will see if people really will watch the NFL just because.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I guess we will see if people really will watch the NFL just because.

We used to play checkers as a kid. I wasn't very good at it. In one particular game I was playing a kid I was certain I could beat. One of my friends said, "This is going to be a good game..." (Which made me feel as though he thought I was good). Then he finished saying, "...cause you both always lose."

"This is going to be a good game cause you both always lose."

So we got that going for us.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The good. Our biggest problem is not the QB

The bad ...our running game.

The Ugly... Our oline is not going to be ok. Said it all along.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Erving's play was UGLY, and hen if we get a e was only in at guard. A guy picked that high ought to be able to hold his own, even as a rookie, at guard. Otherwise, he's more of a third-round type, in my opinion.

I think we all agree Farmer should go, but there's some debate about Pettine. But man, even if we get a competent GM, we will look back for a decade on all these blown first round picks.

The only good was Manziel, and that IS good. If you think of this almost like a rookie season, given what happened last year as well as his age, you have to agree that not many 22-year-olds can play like that. Especially with no stud receivers and a subpar line (yes, sadly).

I saw enough that I would like to seen him play the rest of the year. His TD pass to Barnidge was perfect. I know a lot of people hate him, mainly for being such a screwup last year, but objectively, you have to think he might be our guy.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Let's hope that Ervings best position is center.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Manziel was great yesterday., Given the amount of playing time he gets, I thought he was pretty good. Total guts.

Benji and Barnege were good as well.

I got nothing else....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Let's hope that Ervings best position is center.

Oh boy.. I'm not so sure how that happens.. he was getting blown back every time at Guard.. if he's snapping the ball then getting smacked on his ass, that does not bode well for any type of offense we might wanna try

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
E
Legend
Legend
E
Heart not into it yet...so very brief.

The good... Manziel played good. Pocket and outside of pocket. Run D was the best this year.

The Bad...Manziel on his first pass...man he gripped that ball so tight it just popped out like a zit. Our Run O...

The Ugly...Steelers around their 10 - they amass Minus 2 yards of offense...but have a first and goal to go

I need a couple of days before I watch again to give the play by play I promised of Erving... Smh

While I watch the guy I was begging for us to pick up Shaq Mason start at LG for the Pats...and looks awesome...smh The other OL I wanted was La'el Collins he starts at LG with the Cowboys.

jmho just had to vent a bit...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
I need a couple of days before I watch again to give the play by play I promised of Erving

I'd be interested in reading what you have to say about this when you get around to it.

Thanks in advance.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Spoiler alert... he's on his ass way too much.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Spoiler alert... he's on his ass way too much.

The reverse pancake may quickly become a stat.

Legend
Legend
About Irving...It was his first start. It's not like he was all alone in making mistakes up front. Plus the Steelers defense did a good job in their game plan and ganged up on him knowing this.

If you guys couldn't see we where going to have these issues with the oline this year, you really don't know too much about the oline.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I'm sorry I have to disagree, how are the Steelers ganging up on Erving when it was Cameron Hayward lining up directly over top of him and throwing him right on his ass or getting beat one on one and holding, what did he have 3 holding calls yesterday? He looked awful, dude can play any position on the OL he just can't play any of them well. He's a 1st round backup OL.

L
Legend
Legend
L
There was one sack we gave up where Mack let his man go by, and Erbing wasn't ready for it. I assumed Mack was SUPPOSED to give up his man to the LG.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

Quarterback has not been the issue with this team this year. Both McCown and Manziel have been better than expected.

With that being the case; the Browns are so bad in so many areas that any improvement would look like a miracle.

Team speed overall is very poor. Tackling is poor.

Ben Roethlisberger could beat the Browns on crutches or maybe even a wheelchair.

Here was a one leg player in obvious pass situations "allowed" to just stand there and throw deep patterns downfield.

There were so many different things that I saw wrong that I don't even want to get into it.

Can't say much more than what has already been said.

Haslam over these next two weeks will most likely make his decisions. Though I doubt that anything will be done until seasons end. There really is no one on the staff that could "act" as HC. The GM position at this point in the season is not critical.

Haslam in my opinion needs to be planning and beginning to implement changes. He should throw every resource he can muster into finding a qualified GM.

The Browns have a long hard road ahead. It will not be much fun for anyone. Losing puts the edge on all involved.

This not a simple fix. This is a project.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawgpound19
He's a 1st round backup OL.

First start and he's a career backup or a bust, gotcha.

I call it welcome to the NFL rook.

I love how many of you guys want to pile on a rookie in his first start but ignore the veterans including Thomas and Mack who broke down as well and haven't been playing up to veteran levels in most games this year..

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree. If you ask me Mack is playing way below his own level IMO

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Via Twitter, Moats apologized to Manziel for the facemask.. Manziel accepted the apology as part of the game..

Not everybody in Pittsburgh is James Harrison.. you can play hard and not be a total deuche.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's getting much harder for me to bother posting these days. My heart simply isn't in it. But here goes......

Good;

Manziel for his limited starting experience looked pretty good. IMO if they don't start him the rest of the year, we have a problem in the coaching staff.

Kirksey looked good yesterday. Orchard seems to be improving in coverage but not so much in the pass rush.

Bad;

Lack of pass rush, as per usual.

OL looked unmotivated and porous. While it's true that Erving is a rookie, his technique, leverage and general performance looked incredibly poor.

Ugly

The talent level being put on the field. Squarely on the shoulders of the GM.

The undisciplined players that cost us penalties at critical times in the game. The poor D scheme that shows zero signs of being productive. A talented OL that are playing well behind their ability.

These issues are on the part of the coaching staff.

Conclusion

Not only do we lack talent due to Farmer being hired in a role which he clearly can not function, but we also have a coaching staff that is not capable of instilling discipline or installing schemes that work. Nor are they capable of seeing this and making the needed corrections.

It's a dysfunctional mess at all levels.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I love how many of you guys want to pile on a rookie in his first start but ignore the veterans including Thomas and Mack who broke down as well and haven't been playing up to veteran levels in most games this year..

Joe Thomas had the only QB sack for the Browns yesterday, enough said.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
About Irving...It was his first start. It's not like he was all alone in making mistakes up front. Plus the Steelers defense did a good job in their game plan and ganged up on him knowing this.

If you guys couldn't see we where going to have these issues with the oline this year, you really don't know too much about the oline.

And if you think a LG getting pancaked repeatedly is ok since it was his first start then neither do you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

Joe Thomas had the only QB sack for the Browns yesterday, enough said.

didn't he literally HAVE THE SACK as Manziel tripped over the body of Joe Thomas as he got tangled up and fell? almost laughed...give me 12 more hours and I can be my normal - Black Knight self.
jmho

And sorry I mentioned about Erving and giving a Coaches look/grade on him - didn't mean to open the door of criticism. Honestly I wasn't expecting much. Cause almost all of his Reps this year was LT, RT, RG and Center...I think this week were his first at LG.

Inside hard to tell who what and where.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
didn't he literally HAVE THE SACK as Manziel tripped over the body of Joe Thomas as he got tangled up and fell? almost laughed...

Fouts said he thought JT tripped over Erving while he was backpeddling.. so Erving might get half the sack.. but they never showed it again and I was too depressed to worry about rewinding it to find out. JT doesn't end up on his back in the pocket very often.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia

And if you think a LG getting pancaked repeatedly is ok since it was his first start then neither do you.

Never said it was ok but thanks for putting those words in my mouth.

BTW Dubia... Where were you when I pointed out more than a few times during the off season and before the draft that it was going to be a very long season for us if we didn't add one or two studs up front on the oline and was told by more than a few respected posters here claiming all this knowledge and such that the oline would be ok?

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
What you look for is basic technique and leverage if nothing else. It simply wasn't there.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Bro, I owe you an apology for my smart-ass remark. I'm so dang disappointed and heartbroken by the way this team is playing with no easy fix in sight that I've become cranky for a couple of days after a game.

I doubt anyone missed me but even though I read the board every day I've rarely posted at all this season. This past week I've decided to rise above my apathy and post more. Stupid ass comments seem to be the result of trying too hard to give a crap.

Sorry bro.

On your take on the OL during the off season you were right on as we had no depth and all of us saw the result of that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
What you look for is basic technique and leverage if nothing else. It simply wasn't there.

Yeah pile on the rook while the entire oline has no chemistry and broke down completely. That's on coaching and veteran leadership IMO.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Bro, I owe you an apology for my smart-ass remark. I'm so dang disappointed and heartbroken by the way this team is playing with no easy fix in sight that I've become cranky for a couple of days after a game.

I doubt anyone missed me but even though I read the board every day I've rarely posted at all this season. This past week I've decided to rise above my apathy and post more. Stupid ass comments seem to be the result of trying too hard to give a crap.

Sorry bro.

On your take on the OL during the off season you were right on as we had no depth and all of us saw the result of that.

No worries bro I'm good. Thanks.

I know right! it's disgusting how this team can't play together and get a chemistry going. Just disgusting!

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

At the same time though I can see being totally overwhelmed. It's not like we were playing another 2-win team. It was the freaking Steelers, intimidating enough for a rookie, and he was playing a position he'd never played since he's been here. (Amazingly he got reps at all the other positions).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
At the same time though I can see being totally overwhelmed. It's not like we were playing another 2-win team. It was the freaking Steelers, intimidating enough for a rookie, and he was playing a position he'd never played since he's been here. (Amazingly he got reps at all the other positions).

It's very tiring to continually read how we should expect to get pushed around by good teams or because we are young or because we have injuries...

The Patriots lost their LT, they lost their C, they lost their LG, they lost their back up LT, they have started 3 rookies on the OL at times this year (all at the same time)... and they are the most prolific offense in the NFL... Brady has been sacked 16 times compared to 36 Browns sacks and our OL has been in tact most of the year, is loaded with veterans and has 2 pro-bowl "anchors" to it...

yebat' Putin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 9 Steelers 30 The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Link Copied to Clipboard