Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Riddler Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Turkey just shot down a Russian jet conducting operations on the Syrian/Turkey border.
This will end well.......

link

Last edited by Riddler; 11/24/15 06:56 AM.

#gmstrong
Riddler Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is embarrassing - when I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought it was Thanksgiving related. Wrong Turkey.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Riddler Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
That was my little play on words wink

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think it was Swish I told that I trained with French, Israel, and the ones I thought was the nuttiest..in a good way..da Turks:)

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
This is not good.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess that no fly zone is no longer needed.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I am quite interested in how Putin addresses this..Turks dont give a care..they do what they want..loved the time i spent there.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
I am quite interested in how Putin addresses this..Turks dont give a care..they do what they want..loved the time i spent there.

I just hope the Turks have proof the Russian plane was over their airspace. The ruskies have been pushing their planes close to our and other NATO countries airspace recently.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know I think Putin likes to push the envelope and make himself feel relevant.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yes he does. If the Cold War is back on, I hope we become a more unified country, as I remember from 30 years ago.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Yes he does. If the Cold War is back on, I hope we become a more unified country, as I remember from 30 years ago.

You can hope....

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think we will find out the answer to that question with the next president.

This president is to much of a vagina for us to be in a cold war with Russia ..Putin sure does make obama look weak a lot.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

You can hope....

That and I've always liked spy movies.

Legend
Legend
The plot thickens.

Legend
Legend
i wonder how many putin fanboys will take russia's word over a NATO ally.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I don't think I'd take Russia's word on anything over anyone....except perhaps Iran, Pakistan, & China... and maybe North Korea.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
i hope not.

but reading this board, id swear some people got posters of this guy on a wall, one day dreaming they'll be just like putin. a commie.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Here is the part where Swish starts stirring the pot, taking cheap shots and derailing yet another thread...

Legend
Legend
so im talking about russia vs turkey.....the topic of this thread, and i'm somehow derailing it?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
it don't get this board, yall talk about my race or nationality and expect me not to throw my input in.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
You know exactly what I am talking about.

Legend
Legend
no i don't.

so do you wanna talk about this topic, or complain about me potentially complaining?

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: Swish

but reading this board, id swear some people got posters of this guy on a wall, one day dreaming they'll be just like putin. a commie.

Yup, thats on point right there, not taking shots at anyone at all.

Legend
Legend
is it not true? im bringing to light the people on this board who takes his word on everything.

so we gonna talk about the issue, or continue complaining about me complaining?

don't worry, since you won't stop, i'll talk about the issue.

I want to remind everybody on this board that Turkey is a NATO ally. Also, for the future of this thread diverted into crying about how Turkey treats the Kurds, read the history of the issue first.

anyway, We have not only a base there, but also patriot systems lined up in the Region. we constantly ran mission back in forth from turkey, through iraq, into kuwait and vise versa as they let us set up shop during the war.

people need to understand that regardless of whatever ideology they hold, they are an Ally, and a very strategic position in the middle east.

That being said, this looks funny. because they are NATO, and yes, because it's in part my country(biased) i'll take their word over this issue over Russia 9/10. lets not forget that Russia is king of pulling shady crap.

Last edited by Swish; 11/24/15 11:41 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Swish ,not your fault , not any ones fault ; But people in this country are very nervous , edgy , discussed ,disillusioned , and many times quick and irrational with their words and responses to all that is transpiring around them .. Dosn't make it right but maybe can understand it a little bit ..

" Poking the Bear " You are witnessing the rise of Nationalism across the World right now !

Legend
Legend
bro i get it. swear i do man.

I'm going to be completely honest with you. people might call me a coward, i really don't care.

but i'm really glad i'm not in the military right now. I'll do whatever this country ask me to, but i could never live with myself if we enter WW3, and i have to kill my own people over a bunch of communist russians. i hope you can understand that, it would absolutely ruin me to go over there and start murking my part of my own people. please try to see where i'm coming from with that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Swish: wassup with your folk?

Swingin' them ball bearings HARD today!

I guess we'll see just how much of a badazz Pootine really is, now that someone has actually punched him in the mouth.

Apparently, Turks don't play well with schoolyard bullies...

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
i told my aunt on skype the other day i ain't coming over there anytime soon. ain't trying to end up on a watch list.

they've been acting an ass lately. but i do miss homemade Doners.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
And now i'm definitely not going over there anytime soon. this? this is a war crime.

Turkmen forces in Syria shot dead pilots of downed Russian jet: deputy commander

http://news.yahoo.com/turkmen-forces-syria-shot-dead-pilots-downed-russian-143818517.html

YAMADI, Syria (Reuters) - Turkmen forces in Syria shot dead the two pilots of a Russian jet downed by Turkish warplanes near the border with Turkey on Tuesday as they descended with parachutes, a deputy commander of a Turkmen brigade told reporters.

"Both of the pilots were retrieved dead. Our comrades opened fire into the air and they died in the air," Alpaslan Celik, a deputy commander in a Syrian Turkmen brigade said near the Syrian village of Yamadi as he held what he said was a piece of a pilot's parachute.

(Reporting by Mehmet Emin Caliskan; Writing by Humeyra Pamuk and Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall)

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
So how did they shot the pilots dead in Syria when they were shot down in Turkey? I know it was close to the border but the Russian jet was in Turkey when shot down.

Also if a Turkey jet flew into Russian air space the Russians would vaporize it in seconds.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
from what the reports say, the jet flew into Turkish airspace, but crash landed in the Syrian border. The russians were shot dead in mid air when they parachuted.

it's already a hell hole over there, now it's gonna be straight up apocalyptic.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Shooting pilots who are defenceless in parachutes is not a punch in the mouth, it's a sucker punch from behind.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
President Vladimir Putin called Turkey's downing of a Russian fighter jet "a stab in the back" carried out by the accomplices of terrorists, saying the incident would have serious consequences for Moscow's relations with Ankara.

Legend
Legend
yea, it's not looking good.

pretty sure there's gonna be some major spin moves from the turkish government on this.

"yea, they were in our airspace, but we didn't shoot the pilots, the syrians did"

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They say they warned the plane 10 times in 5 minutes

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
This won't be the last.
You've got the US,Russia,Britian France and I don't know who else running sorties over Syria,bad things are bound to happen.
My geography sucks,but I can't believe that Stria is that big of a country for everyone to operate safely.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Seems that all along, Turkey has been buying oil from ISIS, thus undermining the efforts of its allies and supporting the ISIS regime.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/turkey-buying-oil-isis-syrian-army-releases-photos-captured-tanker-656183

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/19/-sp-islamic-state-oil-empire-iraq-isis

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Shooting pilots who are defenceless in parachutes is not a punch in the mouth, it's a sucker punch from behind.

written before news of the strafing. agreed... it was a *penis* move.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
The worst thing that could now happen would be if the Pilots survived and were captured by ISIS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... So a Turkey just poked a Bear.

Link Copied to Clipboard