Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1039241 11/24/15 10:06 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
So any GOT Fans, the cover for season 6 came out and showed a bloody Jon Snow looking down. I think theres a good chance either he doesn't die or gets resurrected. Still have to wait until April. I wish they'd turn it into a soap style show where theres no offseason..lol, could really dive into the backstories and have some pretty good character development

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I thought there was a much longer thread on this, but of course I cannot find it.

Anyhow, I just finished season 5. It was a long wait to get the DVD's at the libary!

Caution: Spoilers below:

Some great parts in this season. The end, where the queen had to walk nude through her people, aka the shame scene? Epic. One of the best scenes I've seen in years. Powerful.

That's it for now. Time for bed.

Legend
Legend
That was a powerful part in the books and am really glad they did a great job with it in the series.... Can't wait for the new season comes out... Really hoping the new book gets finished soon

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
What a great episode last night. I'm glad they're moving away from the books, but damn, I wish they'd stop spoiling the books for me tongue

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
What a great episode last night. I'm glad they're moving away from the books, but damn, I wish they'd stop spoiling the books for me tongue

We don't know if they are moving away from the books until the Winds of Winter comes out

The writers spent a lot of time with George Martin prior to this season because they wanted to make sure heir story line at least somewhat followed the story line in the Winds of Winter

i thought it was an okay episode - like the backstory with Bran - it's confirmed a lot that I thought while reading the books... Sam and gilly is boring so far... Greyjoys aren't that exciting yet but there's a lot they can touch on in that story... Danyeres is a little boring right now - will be interesting to see how she hooks up with her dragons

<><

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: jaybird
We don't know if they are moving away from the books until the Winds of Winter comes out

The writers spent a lot of time with George Martin prior to this season because they wanted to make sure heir story line at least somewhat followed the story line in the Winds of Winter

i thought it was an okay episode - like the backstory with Bran - it's confirmed a lot that I thought while reading the books... Sam and gilly is boring so far... Greyjoys aren't that exciting yet but there's a lot they can touch on in that story... Danyeres is a little boring right now - will be interesting to see how she hooks up with her dragons

GRRM has already been quoted, saying there will be considerable differences between the book & show storylines. If you're interested, & didn't know, he released 1 chapter from Winds of Winter this week. I'm skipping it.

I am satisfied w/ the show so far with the exception of how they handled Stannis.

I have high hopes for the Greyjoy storyline and hope I'm not disappointed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Danyeres is a little boring right now - will be interesting to see how she hooks up with her dragons
I think that story line just got a little less boring.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Danyeres is a little boring right now - will be interesting to see how she hooks up with her dragons

To have her essentially do the same thing that she did at the end of season 1 came across as very lazy writing to me.

I would have preferred to see some dragons.

There have been some cool parts through the four episodes, but overall, not too impressed with this season.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

To have her essentially do the same thing that she did at the end of season 1 came across as very lazy writing to me.

I would have preferred to see some dragons.

There have been some cool parts through the four episodes, but overall, not too impressed with this season.

Not me, that was HOT!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I loved it but agree that I was looking for a dragon to fly overhead

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I disagree. I think of it as going back to the beginning (Princess Bride reference.) Her power had gotten out of her control. She needed to rediscover the source of her power. I thought it was a perfect way for her to recenter herself.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Dany will never not be boring.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L

I disagree, she went in to a holy temple with about 8-9 Warlords(who are responsible for probably tens of thousands of deaths) and tell them they are not fit to rule and then kills them all (with no weapons mind you). That's pretty Bad A$$.

I think dragons would have beentoo "cliché" and would lesson her legacy in the story.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I think the larger-scale rehash of 'Dany doesn't burn' is overshadowing for people the fact that she just added the Dothraki hoarde to her army.

That's a HUGE feat and I personally feel like they somehow managed to do it a tad bit anti-climatically.

Lurker #1115889 05/17/16 01:20 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Lurker

I disagree, she went in to a holy temple with about 8-9 Warlords(who are responsible for probably tens of thousands of deaths) and tell them they are not fit to rule and then kills them all (with no weapons mind you). That's pretty Bad A$$.

I think dragons would have beentoo "cliché" and would lesson her legacy in the story.

She walked out of a fire in season 1 and a Dothraki hoard bowed in unison with Jorah Mormont the last to bow. Dany looks off into the distance and the screen fades to black.

Last Sunday, she walked out of a fire and a dothraki hoard bowed in unison with Jorah Mormont the last to bow. Dany looks off into the distance and the screen fades to black

To me, it's essentially the same script. That's why I think it's lazy writing. If there is any consolation prize, it's that Dany's plot may actually be heading somewhere soon.

Another thing-- And I'm not a book purist but I don't like how Dany can just touch fire without being effected. Blood magic allowed her to walk through the flames the first time. Magic is what brings people back from the dead. I just wish there was something else unknown going on that let her touch fire again. I get what they were trying to represent with Dany being very important to the story, I wish they approached it different.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Every time they switch to a different story line, I have to keep reminding myself where these characters last left off. Even after 5 1/2 seasons, it's still difficult to keep straight.

In most TV series, the story lines eventually converge for closure. The writers have spent so much time on developing the stories that I can't fathom any "final series" without it all coming together somehow. But they all seem like they have such a long way to go...and only about 50 mins per week for a few weeks a year? How many episodes (or seasons?) should be devoted to the eventual battle with the white walkers?

This could go on for quite some time. Which is ok, I suppose. I do dig the show. I've heard rumblings of next season being the last. Man, I hope not...no way they untangle everything in that short amount of time.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Can anyone say "Hold the door" again without thinking about this last episode?

*In Baker we trust*
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD
Can anyone say "Hold the door" again without thinking about this last episode?

Way to go, BRAN . . . tsktsk

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Discussing the recent show so take note of spoiler warning.

Click to reveal..
Kind of disappointed in the "Children of the forest" revelation. So they made the others? What about this great battle between R'hllor since the beginning and if R'hllor is not real then where does his followers get their powers from? Just seemed kind of a last minute "Hey lets make the Children the creators of the Others before we kill them off." I don't think that will play out like that in the books. Or were the Children tricked by the "Great Other" into creating a vessel for him with a promise to fight the Andals and then he double crossed them? Just seemed like they were working their way up to two deities, one ice (the great other), one fire (R'hllor) and that was the real battle and the true Song of Ice and fire, while Jon being of House Stark and House Targaryen also referencing Ice(Starks) and Fire(Targaryen). Martin and the show likes its double meanings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the show, just think they are making many plot holes personally as they hastily try to end the series. (More popular it gets the more they have to pay the stars, better to end the show and start working on new projects with cheaper actors.) Probably two more seasons and it will end.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Excellent wrap up for the season finale!

Snow officially has the north and Danny is now officially on her journey to Westeros.

There's a large battle a brewin....

*In Baker we trust*
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
best season finale of any show I ever watched...

Next season is going to be bonkers.

Lurker #1127739 06/27/16 10:26 PM
Legend
Legend
I agree - thought it as a fantastic show... Only complaint I have is it seems varesy invented a teleporter...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Epic end to the season. Things are really rolling.

That said, I'll rain on the parade . . .

Only 10 More Hours Left for GAME of THRONES??

Published at: June 27, 2016, 11:10 p.m. CST by hercules

The "Game of Thrones" showrunners just confirmed that only 10 to 15 more hours are left in the series, slated to run two more seasons.

According to David Benioff, the final fates of Dany, Tryion, Jaime, Cersei, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Jon, Varys, Olenna, Petyr and both Cleganes are expected to be revealed in the next 13 episodes.

"It’s two more seasons we’re talking about. From pretty close to the beginning, we talked about doing this in 70-75 hours, and that’s what we’ll end up with. Call it 73 for now," Benioff told Deadline Hollywood.

Sunday's sixth-season finale (episode 60) saw Targaryen spawn Jon Snow named King of the North and Cersei Lannister plant her hinder on the Iron Throne. Also, Daenerys Targaryen, who spent six seasons in Essos yapping about her intent to sit where Cersei is now sitting, is finally on a boat headed for the land of the Andals.

Find all of Deadline’s interview with the “Thrones” showrunners here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree - thought it as a fantastic show... Only complaint I have is it seems varesy invented a teleporter...

Varys didn't teleport. You are suppose to assume that there is a period of time between the two scenes. Seeing as some of the ships had Tyrell banners and some Dorne, it is safe to assume he traveled with the new allies fleet and met up with Daeny before they set sail with the iron fleet.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
D
Legend
Legend
D
So I found out they make an application I can use with my Playstation and my cable account called HBO Go, which has all the HBO TV series and etc.

I've started to watch this TV series. Keep in mind, I've ignored all of the posts to this point here due to not wanting any spoilers. I'm in the middle of season two only so I got like, a ton x2 of catch up. I just watched where Khalesee (sp?) bought her army of slaves and then slaughtered everyone afterwards. The dragon lady is thus far my favorite character.

The story line is hard to follow sort of with all the intermingling little plots, addition of new characters and unsurprisingly deaths of old. From what I hear, this is how it'll be and how the series is.

I did think there would be more battle and war scenes, like history channel's Vikings but, so far anyway, not many.

I'm liking it though. If I had the whole day, I'd probably could easily stay in pajama pants and just marathon it. I definitely see why there's alot of buzz and talking about it though. It's pretty awesome TV series and I don't watch much TV!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Winter is coming. How are you guys killing time today?

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's been a long wait. Very excited for tonight.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Called Direct TV this morning to start HBO again. I'll cancel when the last episode is done airing.

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do any of you read the books?

I raced through them and heard that his next one would be out in 2015. Uhmmmmm.............it's 2017 and I haven't heard a peep about the new book in quite awhile.

Does anyone have some information about what's happening w/the books? Because, as good as the TV series is, the books are even better.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
the series is 2 seasons ahead of the books

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I know. And that sucks.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
But even so, Martin has been consulting on these 2 seasons to ensure that they won't deviate too much from what he has planned for the books

V
Legend
Legend
V
Well? What did y'all think of that episode?

D
Legend
Legend
D
I had higher hopes for the season premier. Not saying I didn't like it, but I did think something better would've came.

That huge giant that use to run with the people Jon Snow allied with (who was enemies at first, forgive me I'm not good with names and that show) but it's now a white walker!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Yeah, I know. And that sucks.

It sure does suck. Pisses me off beyond belief.

Probably the best book series of my time is basically ruined by a TV Show.

Not to say that the TV Show isn't good, but the books are masterpieces in my favorite category of fiction.

Yet, Martin at this point, seems more concerned with TV Shows and other books than writing Winds of Winter.

I stopped watching the show after season 3 because I didn't want it to spoil anything for the books for me. Yet year after year, this book release date keeps being pushed back.

I just don't think it's fair to original fans of his, like me, who were reading the books before any television show ever came out.

I mean, yes he's the author, it's his series, and he can do whatever he wants. But man, it's just upsetting. I mean, for godsake, i've read like 4000 pages of his books or something ridiculous like that, and now plotlines are probably being ruined in the next book by things from the tv show that i can't help but know because people spoil it.

God it's so frustrating

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
Bro, those books are rather long and I raced through them. They were so good!

One mistake I made was that I read them all on my Kindle. LOL........it was okay after awhile, but that first book...I yi yi yi!

You know how he jumped around from character to character and location to location, often putting many of those characters on ice for hundreds of pages. Combine that w/the names that are not as familiar to us because of the supposed time period, and it was kinda hard to keep track of things at first.

With a book, you can just thumb back to the pages where those characters/locales were earlier mentioned. That doesn't work on a Kindle. LOL

I am only pointing this out in case anyone who hasn't watched the show or read the books decides to read the books. I would buy a hardback book at least for the first book.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I am only pointing this out in case anyone who hasn't watched the show or read the books decides to read the books. I would buy a hardback book at least for the first book.

I'd agree, I read them all on Kindle. It's hard to be able to look at the map and the glossary of names and stuff like that. I did it, but it's still tricky. But I don't read physical books anymore. They weigh more and they take up space, lol

As for Martin, it's just so frustrating. Other writers don't have this problem.

My favorite series right now would be The Expanse by James S.A. Corey (Pen name for two guys who are part of some group that works with/helps Martin) and Brandon Sanderson's Stomlight Archive.

They're both in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Genre, really the only series that I read (I also read the summer reading thrillers like Vince Flynn, Lee Child, James Patterson, Gregg Hurwitz, but those are just different).

Anyway, Martin takes forever to write books. And now, it's like he's distracted.

I wonder if he just has no clue how to end the thing or something, and he's created a world that's just too big, with too many storylines.

I just wish that he was upfront and honest about when this book was coming out. Had I known, i would have just watched further on with the show and read the book when it came out (instead of waiting).

I feel like i'm being lead on

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 07/17/17 08:11 PM.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
anyone read the stormlight archive series by Sanderson..really good series, i've read the ffirst two books, The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance... excellent characters

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
anyone read the stormlight archive series by Sanderson..really good series, i've read the ffirst two books, The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance... excellent characters

lol, just mentioned it in the post above you.

Love that book series. Wanted to name my dog Kaladin. Wife wouldn't let me.

Wonderful series. Problem is I read them on Kindle. lol, I thought I was reading the 2nd one really slow, then looked up how many paper pages the thing was.

I like Sanderson though. He's answered my tweets

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Game of Thrones

Link Copied to Clipboard