Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I'm thankful I have the means to go visit my son..currently staying in Schofield Barraks. For those that don't know where that is you can google it..I didnt want to come across as bragging.

I'm thankful that I started posting on this board after YEARS of lurking.

I'm thankful for the people Ive interacted with on this board..and hope I continue to do so its been rewarding.

Even with those I've disagreed with and the 1 I got off to a rocky start with..You know who you are that 1 person and I think youre good peoples:)

GM thank you for your kind welcome I ALWAYS knew you was a good egg and it showed.

I'll end the rambling here..Happy Thanksgiving dawgtalkers.

FBHO71

Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for I don't know where to start.

I have a wonderful wife and family. I have everything I need to live a happy life. My grandchildren are a wonderful blessing.

Let's just say that where I am in life leaves me with nothing to desire for. I've been very blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to my entire Dawg Talkers family. May you all be blessed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Isn't T-day tomorrow or did I Miss something ^^ Either way I hope everyone has a great holiday.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
have a nice holiday everyone

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Isn't T-day tomorrow or did I Miss something ^^ Either way I hope everyone has a great holiday.

While you are correct, many will be traveling and spending the holiday with family, not on a message board. So I believe posting this today is quite appropriate.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

While you are correct, many will be traveling and spending the holiday with family, not on a message board. So I believe posting this today is quite appropriate.

Thanks Pit..Yes it's tomorrow maybe I wasn't clear enough on why I was posting today.

Which is why I said if you didnt know where my destination was google it..you obviously you didnt google or don't know where Scholfield Barracks is.

Not like it's right around the corner..or even able to drive there.

I made the thread because Ive read one similar on here for years at this time..won't be able to post tomorrow..and honestly just wanted to say thanks to the board.

If i wasnt clear enough I understand I was in a rush to get to the airport.

Plus I was hoping other people would list their thankful response's. I enjoy reading them in a time that feels like there is so much negativity.

Better Razor??

Gotta go my plane is boarding.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Have fun in Hawaii.

A few things for me:

My job.

My son is doing great in grad school.

Daughter made the alpha role - all A's.

My wife's job.

Our home.

My mom and dad. They are 73 and 74 years old. Traveling all the time. They're on their way to their place in N. Michigan right now. In 2 weeks, it's down to Florida for a week. Then, home till Christmas, then off to Arizona (I think that's where they're going). Happy, healthy, and able to travel, or go see their grandkids in sports.

My dad, especially. As long as he's not on vacation, I can call him up at 10 pm and say "dad, let's meet for coffee in the morning." The answer - aside from if he's out of town - has never been anything other than "Yup, Tell me where, and what time."

My grandma - only grandparent I have left living. She's almost 94, can't see real well, but she's got her mind. She can talk about things/events from 70-80 years ago, or remember about our last conversation from a week earlier and ask me "so, how did such and such go?" Plus, during baseball season, she can fill me in the Indians.

Many other things as well, that I'm thankful for.

Legend
Legend
Thanks 71 us old farts have to stick together thumbsup

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and welcome to the dawg talkers family as well. We are a disfunctional group around here but we have each others backs if somebody messes with one of our family members. We are like brothers a lot of the time picking on each other and smacking each other around, yet we still look out for each other. (You hear that PB) cool

I am thankful for my God, my wife, and my family this year. I am thankful for my dawgtalkers family who's love and support has ment way more to me than y'all will ever know. I am thankful that on all but a few days I have taken the last 11 months of my life in stride with strength, and a sense of humor. (Yes I have had my bad days and y'all have seen them) I am thankfull that stage 4 colon cancer that spread to my liver has not been able to kill me dispite what the DR's say. I am thankful that the hole in my heart has not been able to kill me. I am thankful that the strokes I have had have not been able to kill me or slow me down to much. I am thankful that I can still extend both middle fingers to the Doctors who think my heart is enlarged. (Of course it is I have a big heart and love all of you) and I am thankful most of all for GOD because no matter how stuburn I am, no matter how much I fight, I would not be here today unless he allowed me to be.

THANK YOU GOD.

Sorry to all Athiests who this post may of offended grin

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I have a lot to be thankful for this year. After 4+ years of being in pain, I had a laminectomy and spinal fusion on my lower back in March. Then I had a staph infection in my incision that needed a "clean-out" surgery in April. After that, when my recovery was not going as planned, I found out that I needed double hip replacement. I had my right hip replaced in August and my left in September. Its been a tough year, but I'm finally on the mend, thanks to my doctors, and even more, my wonderful wife. She had to do everything while I recuperated, and she always stayed cheerful, supportive, and uncomplaining as she did all the household & outdoor jobs that come up when you own a house.

I have this thing about the yard looking good for Thanksgiving, so I gotta have leaves off the lawn for the holiday. Today, I raised the wheels on the mower and ran it over the grass to pick up leaves. I'm hurting a bit now, but I'm very happy and very thankful that I was able to do it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Legend
Legend
God bless you and your wife Dave cool When you do the Hokey Pokey you can really stick your left and right hip in or out can't you wink If I lived closer I would have been happy to push the lawn mower for you bro.

Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful wife bud! I didn't know you were going through so much and I'm very glad to hear your mending. thumbsup

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks Tulsa and GM - btw, look at what I just bought on Ebay ...

I think you both know where I'm going with this. That's right, baloney cups with eggs on English muffins. Maybe not tomorrow for Thanksgiving, maybe not Friday, but soon ...

grin

Legend
Legend
Saturday for sure thumbsup

Legend
Legend
That is awesome! Bologna cups is a perfect Thanksgiving breakfast, go for it. I'm just making an egg, ham, bacon and cheese panini for breakfast. I should have told my wife to get some bologna!

#GMSTRONG
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Happy Thanksgiving to my DT Family!

I am thankful for the opportunity to share with all of you.

I am thankful for my wonderful son and family every day of my life.

Basically, the three FS: family, friends and FREEDOM........all granted me by my loving God that I am blessed to have in my life.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thankful for so many things...Faith - Family - and living in the best country in the world - truly the land of opportunity.

I do remember saying that IF Cleveland got an NFL team again, I'd never complain about them...OK - I forgot about that part! smile

I am grateful for this dysfunctional team...

I say the same thing to my team at work - We are a family - dysfunctional at times - but still family! smile

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." [Mark Twain]
J
Legend
Legend
J
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Most Holiday posts on this board are normally started a day or two before the actual Holiday, if not before. Nothing strange about starting it today. Just ignore the nitpickers, that was an odd response to the thread.

Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

D
Legend
Legend
D
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
23 pounder buttered, salted, peppered, and in the oven.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving! Anybody else frying one today? (I mean turkey, Swish smile ) Turkey was injected and rubbed yesterday, going in the fryer about 1. Every year I say I'm going to do it more often because it's so damn good, but I never get around to it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
We're dry brining our turkey today, and when I say "we", I mean my wife. You just rub down the bird with kosher salt, put it in an oven bag for 2-3 days in the fridge, and its supposed to make it much more juicy. I tried to convince her to try Ballpeen's method of wrapping the turkey in bacon and she said "Let me think about that ... okay, no.".

R
Legend
Legend
R
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I have an enormous amount to be thankful for. I have a beautiful wife who puts up with me. As great a wife as she is, she's an even better mom to our two beautiful two year old twin baby girls. One of our girls has special needs and has needed several major surgeries, including open heart surgery when she was six months old. She doesn't need anymore surgeries that we know of and she is finally walking! Now I have two kids that walk, open doors, climb on tables, and get into everything. I love them with every ounce of my being.

I have a great job that allows my wife to stay home and we just bought a beautiful new house that we love and plan to raise our girls in and create memories that last a lifetime. We are going to my sister's for Thanksgiving where my sister and parents are cooking and hosting. I am thankful that I get to watch football, drink beer, and eat without helping cook or clean. smile

My dad taught me what to this day has been a powerful lesson..."Never look at what you don't have, focus on what you've got". I have never forgotten that. And I am very fortunate in so many ways.

I think we are all blessed to have witnessed GM handle this past year with conviction and dignity and grace ...and piss and vinegar. I've never met you GM, but your attitude toward all that has happened is nothing short of inspiring.

I am thankful that I have a place like this to come to on a daily basis and disconnect from everything else for a while. I am grateful for my favorite posters and I am even grateful for DJ, the absolute worst (and sometimes the best) poster on here. poke

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you have a great day.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Just wanted to say thank you to those that responded..Its 5 in the morning here been settled in for a short bit..and wanted to add one thing I left out.

I just saw my first grandchild in the flesh for the first time..what a great feeling..Im thankful I get to spoil the living daylights out of her:)

Alexis Claire FBHO71 3 months old welcome to the world of loving grandparents:) what a freaking joy.

Sorry, this PROUD grandfather had to post it...

Honestly thank you to the people who have responded it brings this old man great pleasure to read the happy stuff and a break from the daily garbage.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Psalm, 41. Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. The LORD will preserve him and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Legend
Legend
I'm thankful that you have not changed your signature to

#gmstrong

The

#villageidiot

naughtydevil

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for having an awesome 12 (almost 13) year old son who does something to make me proud almost every single day. I am also thankful that my ex-wife and I get along well enough to not use our son as some sort of bargaining chip. I have seen too many split parents that use the kids to hurt one another and it hurts the kids more than them.

I'm thankful that I have a job that I love, though it makes me a bit of a workaholic.

I'm thankful that we have this message board where people can voice their opinions and still remain friends (for the most part). I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few posters from the board at our tailgate and no matter what differences have been had we always seem get along as if we've known each other for years.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving to all, even to the non-Conservatives.

Wow Dave! Glad you are on the mend. That's a tough one.

Can't wait to gobble my bird later!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
We're dry brining our turkey today, and when I say "we", I mean my wife. You just rub down the bird with kosher salt, put it in an oven bag for 2-3 days in the fridge, and its supposed to make it much more juicy. I tried to convince her to try Ballpeen's method of wrapping the turkey in bacon and she said "Let me think about that ... okay, no.".

Wrapping a turkey in bacon sounds delicious!

Legend
Legend
Happy thanksgiving! Be safe, enjoy food, family, and football today!

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for having an awesome 12 (almost 13) year old son who does something to make me proud almost every single day. I am also thankful that my ex-wife and I get along well enough to not use our son as some sort of bargaining chip. I have seen too many split parents that use the kids to hurt one another and it hurts the kids more than them.

Along those lines, my son called my wife (his step mom) last night because, as he said, "I just got off the phone with my mom and thought I would call my other mom."

They have a great relationship. And no, my son didn't ask to talk to me....

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted By: Dave

Wrapping a turkey in bacon sounds delicious!

Did one a few years ago:

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Thanks 71 us old farts have to stick together thumbsup

An image I just did not need,

I read somewhere that a fart uses up 67 calories so if you fart 57 times an hour you lose a pound, or something like that.

Anyway... Happy Thanksgiving to all you dawgs

Last edited by texaslostdawg; 11/26/15 12:39 PM.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
Legend
Legend
How To Cook Your Turkey...

...using a Lamborghini Aventador!

bon apatite!

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Link Copied to Clipboard