Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Blutarsky

People still using cars as an analogy to guns???

There is no proper analogy to guns. Sorry, guns were made for killing, cars not.

That said. I support the right to bear arms. Just being real.

Actually, guns were made for self defense.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That's my view also..someone doesnt want those icky things well that's on them..I'm not waiting around for the police to show up 10mins late while my family is dead or bleeding out...or use my car to run them over poke

JUST SAYING.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder if the woman hiding in her closet wanted a gun. If you don't know the story, she worked a block away from the initial shooting at the government building, and then the SUV shootout took place within a block of her home. She's hiding in a closet with her dogs waiting for police to tell her everything is ok and she can come out. She was being interviewed on a cell call by fox news.

If one of these loonies was on the run in your neighborhood, would you hide in a closet, or arm yourself in case they picked your house as a good place to hide? I know which option I prefer.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/...l-never-forget/

Wonder if the poor couple in this story wished they was armed.

And bubba I'm armed to the gills have ccw and carry everywhere..but I guess someone could just run right up and kill me:/ if they wanted to.

My wife calls me paranoid because I'm constantly watching my surroundings..I call it being prudent.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: FBHO71

And bubba I'm armed to the gills have ccw and carry everywhere..but I guess someone could just run right up and kill me:/ if they wanted to.

My wife calls me paranoid because I'm constantly watching my surroundings..I call it being prudent.

Truth is, the more we argue and divide ourselves as a nation, the more frequent these attacks will become. And yes, the media is responsible to a large extent for the biased reporting and stories they choose to make non stories. A nation divided......

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh I agree about being divided..and ideologic shift happening right before our eyes. Started to get worse starting in 08 poke

I do think Americans come together in moments of great tragedy..I loved the public sentiment of patriotism after 911.

But things are getting ugly in this country JMHO and well I've picked a side and hope I never have to be apart of civil unrest not seen since the civil war.

sorry man tinfoil got a little tight for a moment tongue

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/04/15 10:33 AM.
Legend
Legend
Americans are too comfortable for a civil war to happen. Even the hardcore right wingers are doing nothing more than lip service.

We have first world problems here. My best friend is a far right winger, and every time we burn some weed and we see those infomercials of the kids in Africa, he goes "you know what? I really don't have anything to complain about "

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. If you want to stop violence in this country, then you need to stop focusing on the second amendment and take a good hard look at the first amendment too. We've created a society that's completely addicted to violence because of what they watch on TV, Movies and Video Games. Sure, everybody's response to that is: "Well, I watch violent videos, and I don't feel the need to go shoot up a bunch of people" ... which is exactly the response that 99.99% of gun owners will tell you about owning a gun.

This new Star Wars is coming out is rated PG-13. Why is that? The originals are considered timeless classics. They were plenty entertaining, and they were rated PG. (Yes, I understand there was no PG-13 rating back then, but the movies themselves still would easily be considered PG today). A generation of kids grew up watching them and adults enjoyed them too. However now, movies have to be edgier and more violent just to draw an audience. I go to the comments section of articles about the new movie, and people are asking things like, "Why can't they just make this movie rated R?" ... Really? And we wonder why we have a violence problem in America these days? The real irony of it is that George Lucas made Episode 3 a lot more edgier and violent because people were demanding it. Naturally, it contains a scene where the main character goes to a school and murders children.

The epidemic of mass shootings really started right around the Columbine incident. Two kids dressed up in trench-coats with a bunch of weapons and started gunning down their classmates. Where on earth could they possibly get the idea for that something like would be cool ??? ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEuZgK669zY

Then you look at what some of the top rated TV shows out there are: Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, etc ... some pretty violent stuff. We've got a country full of people that's either completely addicted to violence, or at the least, desensitized to it. And then we wonder why people snap and turn to violent means to take out their aggression??

I'm not saying we need to ban everything, but just like guns, we need to have much stricter controls on this stuff. People just want to jump on the second amendment like it's going to solve anything. You need to treat the roots of the problem not just the means to an end.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I understand..which is why I made the tinfoil comment..Americans have always been slow to react but when they do watch out.

But I agree cant even get above 50% to vote on things that directly affect their lives...let alone anything major such as a full civil upheaval.

Buttttt....I still stand on what I said about division and a shift in ideological way of living life in America.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh no doubt we are the frog in the pot of water...and what did 50 say...America loves some gangster sh...

Legend
Legend
Excellent post.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One other thing Excel..the whole world is a very violent place.

But I will give u the culture problem here. Man more restrictions?? how do you deal with the plethora of people who don't give a care about the laws...add all the restrictions you want....Put them in the overly populated prisons?

we have a serious problem with being held self-accountable in this country.

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/04/15 11:03 AM.
Legend
Legend
The only ideological shift I see is people in general just not giving a crap anymore.

Right now, and his is what I see with my own eyes, you might be different, is that right now the majority of Americans are tryin to keep up, like everybody else in the world.

We have a minority group of people that's trying to keep us stuck in the past of beating out chest with military might like a bunch of gorillas, when the rest of the world has moved past that.

That's the shift and division I'm seeing. people wanna progress with the rest of the world, but people wanna stick to the good old days of military might of WW2/Cold War era.

And it's clear who these countries are. It's always Russia, China, and the United States.

Sprinkle in the Middle East, and we have a bunch of "SEE SEE!! Told you we need a stronger military!!!!"

Even though we already have THE STRONGEST military. I always found that funny, btw.

But yea, that's what I see as far as division. Most Americans just wanna live their lives, do their things, just make it through, but we got a strong minority group of people trying to control things like this is a James Bond movie.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

Truth is, the more we argue and divide ourselves as a nation, the more frequent these attacks will become. And yes, the media is responsible to a large extent for the biased reporting and stories they choose to make non stories. A nation divided......

Yes we are a nation divided and our only hope for our chil...

Oh look, a squirrel.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think we spend waaaay to much on military..and I'm not real fond of being called unpatriotic for saying so...or other names.

Apathy is at an all time high i agree with that..I'm not going to list out in the open my list of what as what I see as ideological shift points are.

1. its off subject I guess

2. Id rather not piss anyone off today and be called names/argue the point.

And I completely understand why someone feels or see's it differently then i do..I just dont have the willingness right now to argue/try to back up my viewpoints on the subject.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
right now the majority of Americans are tryin to keep up, like everybody else in the world.

Isnt that just life? some are good at it some arent but I fully got your point.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
One other point I guess...it does bother me how Republicans have no problem spending a trillion$ on military..or give foreign nations billions in aid..especially to areas of the world who hate us..but scoff at the idea of spending less on the military budget and putting more into the domestic part of the budget.

And I also have friends who see things through a very strange lens..and cant even discuss this topic without them being pissed at me for a week.

So I just try to get my point across to them in small doses and hope their panties dont get twisted about it in the process.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
do you want to just nitpick areas or talk as whole?? I find strange the places with the strictest gun laws USUALLY have some of the highest murder rates.

Also quit using circular logic..u said that people are assuming that the government wants to confiscate weapons.

I showed you a link straight from barry's mouth about confiscation. could show MANY more where democrats have said the same thing that their end game is confiscation.

So its no assumption.

I'm trying to be civil to you...but do you just argue to argue?? spin to spin? bored and this is just silly entertainment?

I'd like to know so I dont waste time with someone who is just goofing off and wants to speak in circles? its an honest question to you.
Seriously FB I have directly answered the things you have requested with the highest level of respect I can provide.

I have calmly expressed my opinion and backed it up with evidence as much as possible.

If you disagree with my opinion about assuming the government wants to confiscate guns that's cool. It's part of the discussion.

If you think my responses are nothing but arguing, nit-picking, circular logic spin that's boring, goofing off, silly entertainment, that's just wasting your time then maybe it's not me who's not being civil.

Disagreeing does not equal disrespect.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree.

Desensitized.

I get very upset when watching Sunday football with the g-kids and the commercials are guns, explosions, and boobs.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

yy

Oh look, a squirrel.

Since you continuously make light of loss of life, I will consider this an irrelevant and greatly immature comment to be disregarded by those who actually think.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Its all good Rock...but I missed the part about this..I have calmly expressed my opinion and backed it up with evidence as much as possible.

What evidence have you shown?? I couldve missed it.

If you disagree with my opinion about assuming the government wants to confiscate guns that's cool. It's part of the discussion.

I didnt disagree with your OPINION I disagreed with you sayin people think the government is going to confiscate their weapons..

Gave you a link from our president that specifically said confiscation and that I could give you tons more on other democrats saying their end goal on the this is confiscation.

so unless I missed it you have provided no info to back up what you say..and I gave you info to support my position with you.

Like I said couldve missed you backing up what you've said with evidence. and not just a bunch of circular logic.

This posting stuff is new for me..so I concede i could've made a mistake..but man what you post sometimes reads as shock value and no substance.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: rockdogg
I agree.

Desensitized.

I get very upset when watching Sunday football with the g-kids and the commercials are guns, explosions, and boobs.

Or ED drugs?

I think a big part of the problem is the economy. If 94 million people weren't out of the job market right now, they'd have something better to do than crime. When there are no jobs, people still have to make a living somehow, and the easiest way is in some illegal venture.

(This is not to say everyone that is unemployed is a criminal or pursuing criminal activities)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
man what you post sometimes reads as shock value and no substance.
I think that's just part of the forum, but I will try to focus on being as civil as possible with you.

Other than that I'll probably be like a lot of people of all parts of the spectrum on this forum.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Bologna..its not that its global warming that has the planet acting crazy. poke

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: rockdogg
man what you post sometimes reads as shock value and no substance.
I think that's just part of the forum, but I will try to focus on being as civil as possible with you.

Other than that I'll probably be like a lot of people of all parts of the spectrum on this forum.

Deal..

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

The Situation Room Verified account
@CNNSitRoom
Officials tell CNN pledge to ISIS' Baghdadi was made on Facebook as attack was happening http://cnn.it/1jDvlpP

The Situation Room Verified account
@CNNSitRoom
BREAKING: Officials believe female #SanBernardino attacker pledged allegiance to ISIS leader http://cnn.it/1jDvlpP

Tweet

Legend
Legend
i get that,

however, a lot of criminals aren't actually violent, initially. hopefully nobody takes that as me saying give them pass, they need to be punished.

but we're talking in a since people who are violent...just to be violent.

for example, if you're gonna rob a liquor store, chances are you have no intentions on actually shooting anybody. theres a lot of cases were guys act like they have a gun under their hoody, but really don't.

but we all know the guy that drinks too much and wants to fight somebody. or the gangs, were violence is a right of passage/initiation.

or people who are just violent by nature.

and i have to ask this: is this just our nature as humans? this has been happening forever now, since before recorded history.

part of me thinks we're better than this, but part of me wonders if we really aren't.

Last edited by Swish; 12/04/15 11:49 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Sorry, i don't Tulsa makes light of it, just tries to break the circle of hate that goes on during these kind of discussions.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
For the ziillionith time on this board, that is a logical fallacy.

Cars were not created with the intention to kill/neutralize a target. Cars were create to get driver and passenger from point a to point b.

A guns specific purpose, it's original creation was to kill or neutralize a target it was aimed at.

You missed the point of the proposition.

The point is not the end result, or the purpose, it is absolving the person committing the crime by saying that "that only happened because there are too many X, Y, or Z". Saying that a person only commits murder because there are too many guns is like saying that a drunk driver only drives drunk because there are too many cars. Access is not the major problem. If a killer decides to use fertilizer to make a bomb, the amount of fertilizer in the world is not the problem. The criminal action of the killer is. If a man uses a knife to kill someone, access to knives is not the issue, but rather the criminal action of the person who uses it. If a man uses his fists to beat someone to death, fists are not the problem, but the violent action of the person using those fists is.

Criminal action is the problem, not the .. *ahem* .... vehicle .... used to carry out the crime.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hell no..This planet has been violent from its very conception..unless you believe in Adam and Eve..but even then look how that turned out and the rest of history from there..Humans are violent by nature/survival instinct IDK.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
Sorry, i don't Tulsa makes light of it, just tries to break the circle of hate that goes on during these kind of discussions.

Really???? Suggesting we come together and stop the American divide, to conquer our enemies is hate? Whoa...you and I are really on different pages. Alrighty then.....

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i think you need to calm down.

when have i ever been against anything you proposed? i simply said you unloaded on Tulsa for no reason.

i've been trying to bring people together, but i get called a lib thingy, hippy, tree hugger, and my personal favorite "naive" on this board.

but now people wanna talk about come together when something bad happens?

at least i'm consistent with my message,

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
except you missed the part where guns were specifically created to do just that: kill.

so you can beat around the bush all you want, just like you do everything else.

at the end of the day, cars, hammers, etc were not created to kill.

guns were, thats a fact, i've posted numerous articles and such about this in other past threads.

a cannon original purpose isn't to shoot fat people out of during a circus event, it's original purpose to is to create an explosion to take out multiple targets and/or buildings.

a rifle original purpose isn't to shoot beer cans in your backyard. it was design for maximum effectiveness in killing/neutralizing a target, whether it be an animal or person.

this is the problem with gun debates. you guys refuse to call a spade a spade. i'm all for the second amendment, but this constantly turns into "they tryin' to take merh guns!!!"

when all people want is to make it so that people can't easily accessthe easiest tool people use to create chaos who have no business having it.

everybody is a law abiding citizen, until they aren't anymore.

Last edited by Swish; 12/04/15 12:02 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
they tryin' to take merh guns!!!"

And their not trying to??

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

yy

Oh look, a squirrel.

Since you continuously make light of loss of life, I will consider this an irrelevant and greatly immature comment to be disregarded by those who actually think.

I took it as just, simply, a humorous statement that wasn't intended in any way to make light of the loss of life.

More so, perhaps it was a dig at society and our short attention span?

Tulsa generally tries to lighten up a conversation. JMO

Legend
Legend
if the government wanted to take your guns, they would've done so already.

most people aren't gonna risk their lives, more specifically my wife and kids if the government comes to my door and wants my weapon.

we've reached the point of no return as far as the government trying to confiscate peoples guns in a mass effort. it's not worth the bloodshed at this point. there's too many people, too many guns.

people who think the government are trying to take their guns are the same people who think 9/11 was an inside job.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think youre very wrong..the gun stuff is just getting warmed up..one more liberal justice on the supreme court and I think things will get real interesting in how the 2nd is interpreted.

people who think the government are trying to take their guns are the same people who think 9/11 was an inside job.

Well when the president and the left are coming out and bluntly talking about how they want to confiscate..it is no where near a nut that believes 9/11 was an inside job.

you like to read no? I read this on my flight..think I'm going to read on the flight back home.

http://stephenhalbrook.com/gun_control.html

The wording of the left and our president uses is strikingly familiar to what is told in this book.

So for someone who says they like to learn try it out read it..if your serious about reading it and seeing the similarities to what our elected leaders are saying..I might send it to you.

Legend
Legend
if the government wanted our guns, they would've already taken it.

we had a record number of sales on black friday. gun purchases have gone up.

at this point, its nothing more than fear mongering and conspiracy theory.

when the government makes a federal, mandatory, country wide law for all citizens to turn in their weapons, let me know.

til then, i'm selling tin foil hates 10 for 5 dollars. paypal is accepted.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
a cannon original purpose isn't to shoot fat people out of during a circus event...

Now that made me laugh. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
most people aren't gonna risk their lives, more specifically my wife and kids if the government comes to my door and wants my weapon

Get out of your bubble my friend...there is a movement in this country..that you seem to either be very unaware of or dont believe..that if they come door to door...it is going to go to crap real fast.

And will fight with everything they have...their family included and I'm not talking anything about types of conspiracy folks either..I'm talking about your neighbors..well maybe not yours..but people who have a lot to loose.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Another Mass Shooting

Link Copied to Clipboard