Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1045459 12/06/15 12:09 PM
W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
I'm just curious as to how many of you have tattoos and why you have them.
I currently have 15 and plan on finishing out a full sleeve in the next year and adding some others along the way.

Recently, one of my best friends past away from ALS. Since he was like a brother to me, I was gifted some of his ashes after his creation.

One tattoo I plan on getting is a memorial to my friend and the friendship he and I shared with another buddy.

My question is: Has anyone had a tattoo with someone's ashes incorporated in it? Anyone know of the risks associated with using some of those ashes? Historically, using ashes is kind of how the art of tattooing began in the first place.

Please feel free to share any thoughts, Dawgs!!

Thanks, in advance!

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
i have 5 tattoos.

me and 6 other guys before deployment got these big ass dragons on our left arms. brotherhood kinda thing. i have the astrological sign for Leo on my back, and some other random ones i got while drunk

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Ever heard of anyone using ashes in the tattoo, though?

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
i have, but i have no idea how that works.

it sounds creepy though

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The ashes are sterilized, and it doesn't appear there's any more risk than getting a normal tattoo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...popularity.html

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have several. Half sleeves on both arms. Two, one on each shoulder blade on my back. Two, one on each side of my chest. I haven't actually counted them but I would guess 15-18 in all.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
One of my dearest friends is a tattoo artist. I have no desire to wear art of any kind on my body but I don't see anything wrong with them.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I'm neither for or against them, except for tramp stamps. By the time those women are 50, it's gonna look like a parsley garnish over 2 scoops of cottage cheese.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I'm neither for or against them, except for tramp stamps. By the time those women are 50, it's gonna look like a parsley garnish over 2 scoops of cottage cheese.

My wife has a rather large tattoo across her lower back that covered up a really bad tattoo she got years ago. I still don't mind looking at it during certain.... situations? And my wife is 44 years old and given us two beautiful children.. I guess hers is a little like a paprika and parsley garnish... lol

#gmstrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yes I'm part of the dirty inkie club:) Started with branch of service tattooed on my bicep..last one I got was "armed infidel" in Arabic with skulls and flower's ..I'm sleeved up on both arms chest belly and back.

None on the legs hands or face..but since I'm retired and dont have to worry about working again..I think for my b-day in a couple weeks..The hands will no longer be on that list. My wife isn't fond of the idea but I don't tell her what she can do with her body soooo she doesn't tell me what to do.

jfanent...my wife is 50 has the tramp stamp...but God knows I'm not seeing...parsley garnish over 2 scoops of cottage cheese. My God man find someone better to look at..Just kidding man..maybe not?

I've been told by people my whole life..why would you do that?? when u get old its going to look like "insert description here" well I wont give a care when I'm old anyway.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

I'm quite certain men don't have that issue........funny

#gmstrong
Cjrae #1045545 12/06/15 02:14 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

Some do ooo poke

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

Some do ooo poke

Absolutely, that was the point. Funny to me how some guys hold their ladies to standards they never have and never will achieve. Just noteworthy to the comment about 50 year old ladies and tatoos.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
I have a small one on my shoulder. Red Canadian maple leaf - like on our flag - with the words CANADIAN PRIDE".

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Left upper chest wrapping to my deltoid. A few pieces that cover the area. Was meant to wrap around to my upper back but I never got there. Ran out of steam. Now it's not where I'm interested in spending money.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have 3, all 38 years old, the tats that is.. wish i never got them.

2 are from my biker days and 1 from the Navy.. Still wish I never had them.

I think my body was beautiful just the way I was born.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I've wanted one the last few years but haven't pulled the trigger.

Wife has several.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm not a tattoo guy. I don't care for them. That's just me.

And with that said, I'll bet no one on here would understand the scars I have on my arm, and the #4 I engraved on my leg.

To each their own, right?

I wish I wouldn't have cut my arm. 4 times. Or my leg. It is what it is.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Got 5 all up. Biggest one is pretty sizeable on the ribs (pro strat: DO NOT get your ribs done! wink )
That one has been 8 hrs so far, still got colour to go but life took over.

Been thinking about sleeve and back for a while, just need to find the right inspiration.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I have 3, all 38 years old, the tats that is.. wish i never got them.

2 are from my biker days and 1 from the Navy.. Still wish I never had them.

I think my body was beautiful just the way I was born.

You never got them touched up or completely redone in 38 years?

other then my grandfather who has 1 of a Merchant Marine..you're the only other person I've heard say that.

I don't regret any of them..had 1 that was low quality work from when I was young but got it covered with awesome work..and haven't regretted one day of it in my life.

But we are all different aren't we tongue

Legend
Legend
I have often wanted to get a good looking face tattooed over the one I have now laugh and I went once to get a tattoo of a yard stick on my ummmm private male member, but I could only get 34 inches on it so I gave that idea up wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Legend
Legend
D
That's funny because I once thought of getting hair tattooed on the bald spot on my dome. Then I sobered up.

Legend
Legend
My entire back, from neck to butt, I have the scene of the Sinking of the Battleship USS Maine on the night of February 15th, 1898.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
My entire back, from neck to butt, I have the scene of the Sinking of the Battleship USS Maine on the night of February 15th, 1898.

ok is this your humor again or do you really have this?

Legend
Legend
Well, it was cool at the time. wink

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
you said youre old so I guess you can longer tell what it is...just an ink blob at this point? poke

Legend
Legend
The waves look like they are moving now. It is kinda a 3-D effect.

Legend
Legend
I thought about having one done, many years ago, but never did. I always found better uses for the money involved. (and usually a bad use at that) crazy rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54
Who Has Tattoos?

I think they prefer the term "little people", and you really shouldn't be trying to keep one as a pet. Pretty sure it's not legal.... mostly.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Should we Board?

NO! Dee Plane! Dee Plane!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought about getting one once, but that was to cover a battery acid scar on the back of my hand. It healed very nicely, and it's hard to see the scar now. The growing wrinkles also make it harder to see. I've always been told that scars are tattoos with better stories. Seeing as most people from my generation were getting those Celtic arm band tats when I was younger, I'd rather be unique without any tats or piercings.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I currently have 3:

Left shoulder is my obligatory Marine Corp "Semper Fidelis" tat.. for anyone in to sci-fi and familiar with Warhammer 40,000, the wording frames the Crux Terminatus (skull over a cross)

Right shoulder is also Marine Corps related and same sci-fi universe inspired... another skull, this one half mechanical over a large cog with "2847" (my MOS number) beneath it.

On my left ribs is a memorial tat for my late wife and next trip I make north I'm planning on adding tiny baby feet over it for the little one we lost in a miscarriage about a year before she died.

My best friend is my artist and I swore I'd never go to anyone else. Lucky for me he's really good lol

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
I currently have 3:

Left shoulder is my obligatory Marine Corp "Semper Fidelis" tat.. for anyone in to sci-fi and familiar with Warhammer 40,000, the wording frames the Crux Terminatus (skull over a cross)

Right shoulder is also Marine Corps related and same sci-fi universe inspired... another skull, this one half mechanical over a large cog with "2847" (my MOS number) beneath it.

On my left ribs is a memorial tat for my late wife and next trip I make north I'm planning on adding tiny baby feet over it for the little one we lost in a miscarriage about a year before she died.

My best friend is my artist and I swore I'd never go to anyone else. Lucky for me he's really good lol

That memorial Tat sounds cool dude. Sorry for your losses.
We go in for baby number 2 by c section on Thursday. Had some real dramas with the first but thankfully all ok, some friends miscarried back in April. frown

On a separate note, dude, I've been waiting freakin years on here for a Warhammer 40K reference!

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
I currently have 3:

That memorial Tat sounds cool dude. Sorry for your losses.
We go in for baby number 2 by c section on Thursday. Had some real dramas with the first but thankfully all ok, some friends miscarried back in April. frown

On a separate note, dude, I've been waiting freakin years on here for a Warhammer 40K reference!

Thanks for the kind words. And good luck on Thursday!

Yeah, my right shoulder is the Adeptus Mechanicus skull over cog design smile

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
My mates are just getting back into the Kay's. We didn't like the way the system changed in the latest edition. Been playing Infinity lately instead, collected a Soviet Bolt Action force but all in the box still, no time these days. Got about 5 X 40k armies. Used to run tournaments here in Aus, also competed at the Aus 40k masters once upon a time. Proper nerd lol

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Man I'm excited my wife gave me a great gift for my B-day...I get to fly out to Brooklyn...never wanted to ever go to New York...but for this I'll make an exception..I'm getting tattooed by Scott Campbell.

I'm getting a custom design and finishing my back..I'll have to post pics of the finished product..apparently there is a decent waiting list for this guy and my wife has had it in the works for a while.

So I get to watch the Harlem Globe Trotters on the 31st of this month and then for the New Year fly to New York and get this done..To say I'm excited is a freaking understatement...this is one of my bucket list things to do..well both the Globe Trotters and getting tatted by this guy.

W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Please post pictures when you have it finished FBH!! I love admiring works of art. I have a black and gray portrait tattoo of my kids done by a guy who's nationally known for his black and gray portrait work. I actually had an older gentleman stop me in a store, touch my arm and say "My God, that looks like a photograph on your arm!!" My response: "Well.... It is."

#gmstrong.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Please post pictures when you have it finished FBH!! I love admiring works of art. I have a black and gray portrait tattoo of my kids done by a guy who's nationally known for his black and gray portrait work. I actually had an older gentleman stop me in a store, touch my arm and say "My God, that looks like a photograph on your arm!!" My response: "Well.... It is."

Pic?

Arps #1052859 12/21/15 01:47 PM
W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
This was taken the day after it was done. The white is not as vibrant as was in this picture. It softened to make it look more realistic.

#gmstrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I most surely will...anyone who knows anything of the tattoo world will know why this is a big deal for me..the day just keeps getting better and better for me..my wife and best friend in the world is going to have a heck of a time in New York...is it New Year yet?? nanner

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Who Has Tattoos?

Link Copied to Clipboard