Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
L
Legend
OP Online
Legend
L
Other thread was locked so let's continue. Irving back tonight.. I really hope blatt stays true to his word and has him on minute restrictions for a couple weeks. We need him in May not now. But man he's exciting to watch. The best handles and finisher in the NBA, and right now our biggest need is someone that can break the defense down and get to the rim. Trying to chase KI around will be tiring to defenses. Throw in he's sharpshooter. Going to be good to have gang back. I think Shump is going to try to go tonight but Mo is out. I'm not sure I let Shump play until he's 100%. I know he wants to play, but why? it's the 6ers and he needs to be ready come May as well. I'd almost give lebron or Love the night off tonight.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
You should have used this new thread as kind a fresh start...a resolution of sorts...to start using paragraphs. But it looks like it's too late. poke

Legend
Legend
Kyrie has had limited minutes, but they haven't needed him. Cavs are shredding the Sixers. Delly just scored 8 points with a steal and a block in about 60 seconds.

Legend
Legend
Philly is not a NBA team.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: candyman92

Same thing I told the wife while watching the game split screened with the Browns game...

Legend
Legend

I just don't understand them. They have some real building blocks, but they don't seem to want to do anything but tank, hope for yet another top pick rinse and repeat. They are not a top team, don't get me wrong, but they should be better than 1-28. That's ridiculous. Their front line alone should beat up some smaller teams. I understand tanking, but it almost seems like when they win it's a complete accident.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I just don't understand them. They have some real building blocks, but they don't seem to want to do anything but tank, hope for yet another top pick rinse and repeat. They are not a top team, don't get me wrong, but they should be better than 1-28. That's ridiculous. Their front line alone should beat up some smaller teams. I understand tanking, but it almost seems like when they win it's a complete accident.

They have two or three real NBA players. The rest have no business being in the league.

Legend
Legend
If that is so, then why?

They have picked up tons of extra picks over the past few years, and have seemingly drafted half the 2nd round in some years. They should have stumbled into someone over that period of time.

They have Okafor and Noel, who are both talented players. Covington looks like he can play in the NBA. Maybe not a part of a "big 3", and perhaps not even as a top end starter, but he has shown some ability.

If they don't have more than that, why?

I get that they drafted a guy with a major injury, hoping that he would heal, but they have had other assets as well to use. They can sign guys, and have the ability to bring guys in with trades, given their cap space and assets.

They should be better than 1-28.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
If that is so, then why?

They drafted Embiid with one the high picks and he hasn't even played. They traded Michael Carter-Williams.

Also, rookies just don't win in the NBA. They have no veterans on the entire team.

The team is built to lose on purpose. The coaches and players try hard, they just are not good or experienced enough to win.

L
Legend
OP Online
Legend
L
What's even more baffling is giving brown and extension. Luckiest coach in world

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Some fun stats the Cavs website put out today:

6,454 … assists LeBron James has dished out over the course of his career, tying John Lucas for 23rd on the NBA’s all-time list.

7 … games this season that the Cavaliers have won after overcoming a double-digit deficit.

.722 … Timofey Mozgov’s shooting percentage (26-of-36) over the last seven games.

9.2 … rebounds per game Tristan Thompson averages off the bench, best in the NBA.

.941 … Cavaliers’ winning percentage at The Q over their last 35 regular season games.

1 … three-pointer that J.R. Smith needs to pass Mike Bibby for 23rd on the NBA’s all-time list.

.667, 1.000 … Kyrie Irving’s shooting percentage and three-point percentage in the second half of his season debut on Sunday.

30 … straight games that the Cavaliers have won when holding their opponent under 96 points, longest streak in the NBA.

8.7, 192 … LeBron James’ scoring average and total points in the fourth quarter of games this season, both tops in the league.

.461 … Matthew Dellavedova’s three-point percentage this season, good for 4th-best in the NBA. (Just passed Steph Curry)

.581 … Delly’s three-point percentage (18-of-31) over his last eight games. (!!!)

36 … straight games the Cavaliers have won at The Q when topping the century mark, dating back to last March 25.

.379 … combined field goal percentage of the Cavaliers’ last four opponents.

1 … double-double that LeBron James needs to join Kevin Love as one of only 12 active players in the 300 club.

18-2 … Wine and Gold’s record in their last 20 regular season games against the Western Conference.

11 … offensive rebounds Tristan Thompson grabbed in last Thursday’s win over OKC – one shy of tying the franchise record.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
God I wish the playoff's was here already...kind of want the rematch with Golden State...but also think it would be neat to have a rematch with the Spurs also.

Idk man the season is so long willynilly

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
What's everyone's most surprising stat they learned?

Mine has to be that JR Smith and Mike Bibby are both 24th in 3 pointers in the NBA.

Last edited by CHSDawg; 12/21/15 04:53 PM. Reason: Kobe number. Not Jordan.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SO pumped for that Christmas Day match up.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Anybody see highlights of Lebrons son? I know Lebron doesn't want him being recruited, but in 4 years, Thad Matta needs to.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14418527

Jesus Christ.

R
Legend
Legend
R
His mannerisms are just like his dad.

Pretty impressive highlight clip.

Legend
Legend
Impressive as he is, he is not Jesus Christ.

Man, 10 years old and he really does look like a man among boys already.

My only question is this ..... how do the Cavaliers and Lebron Sr manage to tank correctly, and grab the 1st pick, when he is draft eligible?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Maybe we traded Wiggins so we could draft Lebron Jr... Just spit balling here wink

Legend
Legend
Wow. Imagine if 'lil Lebron keeps his head on straight and maintains that drive and passion for the game. I wonder if his outside % is better than dad's? grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Looks like he's been going to Kyrie's camps too. He's got some pretty good handles!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Impressive as he is, he is not Jesus Christ.

Man, 10 years old and he really does look like a man among boys already.

My only question is this ..... how do the Cavaliers and Lebron Sr manage to tank correctly, and grab the 1st pick, when he is draft eligible?

That would be the story of the century...His dad gets Cleveland their first championship in years hopefully multiple and then the Cavs are able to get the son and he brings more championships to Cleveland willynilly

My God I hope I would live long enough to "witness" that one nanner

Legend
Legend
You gotta figure if he's anywhere near as athletic as his Dad 8 years from now he's a lock for a top 5 pick even if parts of his game are really raw.

The Christmas Day game is gonna be chippy and intense. I just hope Kyrie doesn't over do it.

Legend
Legend
Who am I kidding.

If he's a genetic freak like his Dad he's a lock to go #1 even if his jumper is as innacurate as a Brandon Weeden pass.

Legend
Legend
Last little "practice" for Kyrie before the Warriors.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You dont know how bad I want them to spank the Warriors on Christmas day...I really dont like that tard that chews his mouth piece all the time and the camera pans in on him doing it all the time.

It would only be 1 game but...Id like to see the Cavs give them a thorough thumping and nudge that chip on GW shoulders just a bit willynilly

Legend
Legend
If you don't like Curry, you're REAAAAAAAAALLLY not gonna like Draymond Green.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Curry can shoot the hell out of the ball..love his skills but that gnawing on the mouth piece gets on my nerves...I'll try to pay attention to Green to see what you mean...whoopsies was that directed to me?? sorry man its been a long day...and the weather just knocked my satellite out right in the middle of the game...come on..damn the satellite gets on my nerves sometimes ugh.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Damn that dunk by Lebron wowsers...now lets close it out Cavs nanner

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well its a win...come on Christmas day...to hell with Golden State..

L
Legend
OP Online
Legend
L
cavs sleepwalked through that game..they play like this against GS and this will be over at half. Porzingas is going to be a helluva player..already really skilled. he adds 20-25 lbs and he'll be unguardable. Kyrie looks scared to me so far..i think he's going to have to take a few falls before he's confident again. Thank god for Love and TT tonight, Love's scoring and TT's hustle were the difference.. Not sure what blatt was doing with some of the rotations....Delly should never come in before Mo, Delly struggles running the offense at times and tries to do to much. He doesn't have that skill set yet, he needs someone setting him up and letting him shoot. Not sure why RJ didn't get any minutes tonight but james jones did. I think it might have been a case of Blatt playing with his new toys and seeing what worked.. Shumpert should be a lock for all-nba first defensive team..he's true lockdown. That dunk by lebron at the end was frustration, he was begging someone to challenge him..Porzingas said nyet, spasibo....(no thank you). I think lebron would have hurt him.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The best thing about Porzingis is his defense. He knows how to protect the rim.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Damn that dunk by Lebron wowsers...now lets close it out Cavs nanner

https://mobile.twitter.com/DustinFox37/status/679848440021520384/video/1

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Cavs seem to me to play to the level of competition theyre playing...I dont think it will be a blow out but I can see why you would say that...I'm excited to watch on Christmas Day.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
I think Curry can shoot the hell out of the ball..love his skills but that gnawing on the mouth piece gets on my nerves.

There is another player who often chews on his mouthpiece. . .

Curry wears flavored mouthpieces, that could be why he chews on them.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

So glad the Knicks got him instead of DRuss. Much better for them/us.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

So glad the Knicks got him instead of DRuss. Much better for them/us.

And at the time it seemed like a disaster. Russell is playing a lot better now that Kobe has reigned in his chucking a little bit (shocker).

V
Legend
Legend
V
Delly might get the nod w/Blatt because Mo could be the worst on-ball defender in the entire NBA.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Glad we decided to boost up efforts and tempo at the end there. That slam by LeBron sparked that!

AND THE KING SHAKES THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY!

Legend
Legend
The East is bipolar, but it's interesting that the Hawks are in 2nd place. Man, I'd love to face them in the ECF. It'd be a cakewalk to the finals again. Cavs physically assault them when they play.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know that its just something about the guy that rubs me the wrong way..I cant explain it...and when he is trying to eat his mouth gaurd I want to cram it down his neck...

But thanks now I'm going to have some weird tick now...looking for Lebron doing the same thing willynilly Thanks for that. tongue

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs Regular Season Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard