Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Hey Dawgs,

I know we all have different opinions and butt heads on a whole range of topics. We may disagree on solutions (or even the problems lol) but we all have ideas, which means we are more engaged than most people. That's why I respect all y'all. I really do believe that if we had a party we'd all be the best of friends... even Cousin Eddie (a.k.a 40years.. ) livin in our driveway. poke thumbsup

Having said that, please, please, please take care you and yours this season.

Last night I responded to a wreck where a 25yr old fell asleep at the wheel, hit a telephone pole, and flipped her car. She was relatively unhurt thankfully. But while I was blocking the street, I was also listening to radio traffic about a car travelling the wrong way on the interstate. I was so focused on that, that I didn't notice the young woman who was about to T-Bone me because apparently bright blue flashing LED lights wasn't enough of a clue... thankfully my buddy was watching out and got her stopped. She later blew a .20 BAC at the jail.

As to the car going the wrong way... he ended up colliding head on with another car before we could figure out a way to stop him. Both driver's were killed. Both driver's suspected of driving drunk. We're getting drunks at 5:30 in the evening!

The world is a messed up place, more than people know. Keep your families safe and enjoy every moment with them.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Seems somewhat morbid to click like on that post so I'll just say I agree with the sentiment.

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
You to DevilDawg..Life has many twists and turns doesnt it...I wont get into it in the open but yes people should be living life to the fullest..you truly dont know when your last day could be or something happens and makes your life completely different from what your used to.

My sons are healthy...my granddaughter is healthy...my wife of almost 30 yrs is healthy and has a work drive I wish would slow down..hell just retire already and lets travel..Ive saw plenty of the world but not a whole lot of my own country so that is what I'm doing this year..cycling..my own country side..Inshallah.

I think we just dont take everyday and make the most of it in someway...the days/years just blend together and the next thing you say is damn where did the time go?? Ive lived a full life and if I died today my only regret I would have would be not seeing my grandchildren grow..and seeing if my sons become successful not monetarily, just as men.

I understand your job and what you must see through the year for you to write a "morbid" thread..which I dont find it to be..People should tell/show their family more love..maybe some do..mine didnt and it took me most of my life to realize and be able to show emotion and hug the hell out of my children/wife.

Good thread...and for the record I like 40...but his humor gets lost on me sometimes tongue

Semper Fi and Happy New Year from a fellow Jar head..0311 2nd Marine division

FBHO71

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/23/15 09:16 AM.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:
I know we all have different opinions and butt heads on a whole range of topics. We may disagree on solutions (or even the problems lol) but we all have ideas, which means we are more engaged than most people. That's why I respect all y'all. I really do believe that if we had a party we'd all be the best of friends... even Cousin Eddie (a.k.a 40years.. ) livin in our driveway. poke thumbsup

This has been proven at our tailgates - I've met a lot of people from the board that way and every time, without exception, we have gotten along and had a great time.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Hey Dawgs,
I really do believe that if we had a party we'd all be the best of friends... even Cousin Eddie (a.k.a 40years.. ) livin in our driveway. poke thumbsup

That's it! I have now been called everything possible in the English language! wink

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
DevilDawg, so sorry you experienced that tragedy.

You take care of you and yours this season as well and remember:

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's Heaven on Earth.

~ William W. Purkey

Merry Christmas and wishes for a blessed 2016!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Last night I responded to a wreck where a 25yr old fell asleep at the wheel, hit a telephone pole, and flipped her car. She was relatively unhurt thankfully. But while I was blocking the street, I was also listening to radio traffic about a car travelling the wrong way on the interstate. I was so focused on that, that I didn't notice the young woman who was about to T-Bone me because apparently bright blue flashing LED lights wasn't enough of a clue... thankfully my buddy was watching out and got her stopped. She later blew a .20 BAC at the jail.

Was one of those the accident that blocked 40 at South Saunders Street? That changed my course in the afternoon.

And I agree. As a father of a 19 year old boy, I almost guarantee you he is going to do dumb stuff... Lord knows I did, you just teach them the best you can and hope and pray that none of is irreversible...

Stay safe.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
My daughter will be 38 in January and yes, time does fly by. In life, we never know what tomorrow brings. Nothing in life is more important to me than my family. I'm very happy and thankful they are all healthy and happy. My granddaughter will be graduating next year and has her sights set on going to Vanderbilt. They travel back and forth a lot from Nashville to Dayton over the holidays and I do worry about them on the road.

To all of my Dawg Talker Buds, have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year. Enjoy your family and friends. They are the most precious things you have in life.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In your line of work you get to see the best, and the worst of human behavior. Just like we all do on this message board naughtydevil

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey you stole that from my sig. laugh

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
It's been hanging in my bedroom for 34 years. However it does still bother me when my wife points before she laughs.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Was one of those the accident that blocked 40 at South Saunders Street? That changed my course in the afternoon.

And I agree. As a father of a 19 year old boy, I almost guarantee you he is going to do dumb stuff... Lord knows I did, you just teach them the best you can and hope and pray that none of is irreversible...

Stay safe.

Thanks for the sentiments all smile

FBH: Yeah, I guess it was a rather morbid post, but sad to say, that kind of thing is my "normal" now.

DC: No, THAT wreck was the next day and involved a semi transporting a bunch of piglets that for some reason turned over frown

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

Stay safe.

Thanks for the sentiments all smile

FBH: Yeah, I guess it was a rather morbid post, but sad to say, that kind of thing is my "normal" now.

DC: No, THAT wreck was the next day and involved a semi transporting a bunch of piglets that for some reason turned over frown

those little pigs went wee wee wee alllll the way home!

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Take care of you and yours this holiday seasonresoct

Link Copied to Clipboard