Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Legend
Legend
I must have been living under a rock, I didn't even know about this

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Cleveland 19 News Investigative Reporter Scott Taylor broke the story and says Saunders was arrested for OVI and speeding. So far investigators from the Ohio State Highway Patrol have said not why Bryant was arrested.

We are told a gun and the prescription drug Adderall were also located in the car driven by Saunders.

Both were taken in by troopers and were later picked up by a friend.

Berea prosecutors will decide if any potential criminal charges should be filed against either player.

Bryant was drafted by the Browns in 2013 in the 7th round.

This is the third incident for Bryant since 2012. He was placed on five years of probation after being caught selling marijuana in the parking lot of his university before he was drafted and had a previous DUI conviction in 2013.

Bryant is in the starting rotation for the Browns and has 28 tackles and 5 1/2 sacks this season.

Saunders is a rookie signed by the Browns in November and assigned to the practice squad.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/30831992/2-browns-players-arrested-christmas-morning

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
D
Legend
Legend
D
So, an OVI charge, a gun, and a controlled substance - Saunders hit the trifecta on his first try. Wonder why they arrested Bryant?

2nd String
2nd String
Why is the gun a problem unless it is stolen or has serial number missing?

Legend
Legend
They were just having...

A holly jolly Christmas
And in case you didn't hear
We don't know when boys will sniff snow
And have a cup of cheer

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
If any Browns' insiders should happen to read this, please forward it to our players ...

For taxi service: http://www.acetaxi.com/

For Limo service: http://www.amerilimo.com/

For Uber service: https://www.uber.com/cities/cleveland

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: OrangeHelmet

I assume its a problem if he didn't have a CCW. Even if he has a CCW, he's obligated to inform the officer that there's a weapon in the car. If he didn't and they found it during a legal search, his CCW is voided. CCW is also voided if he's judged to be under the influence of either drugs or alcohol.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Publications-Files/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/Concealed-Carry-Laws-Manual-(PDF).aspx

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Guns and alcohol/drugs don't mix well.

It's against the law to carry a gun (on your person or in your vehicle) while drinking. I'm pretty sure it's a felony in Ohio.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Its a problem because of this---an OVI charge and a controlled substance

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: hasugopher

Guns and alcohol/drugs don't mix well.

It's against the law to carry a gun (on your person or in your vehicle) while drinking. I'm pretty sure it's a felony in Ohio.

Man not just that but if they had any sizable sum of cash on them and no script for the adderall..and wasnt known football player...their life couldve got a lot more complicated then it already is.

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/26/15 11:26 AM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Just guessing, but Bryant may have been arrested for violating terms of his probation for a 2012 arrest for selling marijuana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armonty_Bryant

In October 2012, Bryant pleaded no contest following an arrest for selling marijuana twice in a parking lot at East Central University, receiving probation from October 18, 2012 to October 18, 2017. In May 2013, he was given a one-year deferred sentence after he pleaded no contest to a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Last edited by Dave; 12/26/15 11:37 AM. Reason: date correction
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dave
Just guessing, but Bryant may have been arrested for violating terms of his probation for a 2012 arrest for selling marijuana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armonty_Bryant

In October 2012, Bryant pleaded no contest following an arrest for selling marijuana twice in a parking lot at East Central University, receiving probation from October 18, 2012 to October 18, 2017. In May 2013, he was given a one-year deferred sentence after he pleaded no contest to a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Idk Dave 3 year probation?? for that...maybe but I think the article wouldve said Armonty Bryant breaks his probation by getting arrested for.....could be wrong guess we will see.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Quote:
This is the third incident for Bryant since 2012. He was placed on five years of probation after being caught selling marijuana in the parking lot of his university before he was drafted and had a previous DUI conviction in 2013.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks..damn I even read it and missed that part...I need to go lay back down and try again...Thanks Jules its been a loooonnngggg..couple of superconfused days

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/26/15 11:47 AM.
Legend
Legend
Look at the bright side: At least none of the players in trouble are named Johnny Manziel! thumbsup

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Look at the bright side: At least none of the players in trouble are named Johnny Manziel! thumbsup

From your keyboard to Gods ears tongue

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OK dumb , dumb, here . What is an OVI ? I understand DUI .

A
Legend
Legend
A
Operating a Vehicle Impaired.

Pretty much the same thing.

Here: https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawYouCanUse/Pages/LawYouCanUse-368.aspx

Last edited by archbolddawg; 12/26/15 01:54 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Is there ever any good news regarding the Browns? Man, this team! frown

Legend
Legend
Wow. You would think that these guys would have learned from their own experience in the case of Bryant, or in watching the consequences others brought on themselves in the case of Gordon and Manziel ...... but no ..... they figure that they will "never get caught" ...... and probably destroy their young careers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Let's see what charges get filed before we jump off the cliff.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Why? Cliff diving can be fun.

2nd String
2nd String

I assume its a problem if he didn't have a CCW. Even if he has a CCW, he's obligated to inform the officer that there's a weapon in the car. If he didn't and they found it during a legal search, his CCW is voided. CCW is also voided if he's judged to be under the influence of either drugs or alcohol.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Publications-Files/Publications-for-Law-Enforcement/Concealed-Carry-Publications/Concealed-Carry-Laws-Manual-(PDF).aspx

Thanks for the reply and info, all states don't have the same laws/rules for weapons. Good to know for an out of stater.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K

Thanks for the reply and info, all states don't have the same laws/rules for weapons. Good to know for an out of stater.

As an Ohio resident and CCW permit holder I know that he must
1. Inform the officer as soon as he walks up to the car
2. The CCW holder must be in control of his weapon, not in a place where someone else can reach it. Glove box, center console no good.
3. If you have had anything to drink you cannot carry a weapon in a bar, in car or walking down the street. So if he was drinking he is screwed no matter what.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

This week....

Cut both of these idiots. Not like they are all that great anyway. We won't miss either one of them.

Merry Christmas eh? Two of our players get nicked on Christmas day..... Ho ho ho.

Last edited by Referee2; 12/28/15 11:15 AM.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Legend
Legend
C
Saunders had a hand gun with no permit, Bryant had Adderall with no script.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Knight

As an Ohio resident and CCW permit holder I know that he must
1. Inform the officer as soon as he walks up to the car
2. The CCW holder must be in control of his weapon, not in a place where someone else can reach it. Glove box, center console no good.
3. If you have had anything to drink you cannot carry a weapon in a bar, in car or walking down the street. So if he was drinking he is screwed no matter what.

Even without a CCW you can transport a firearm legally as long as the gun and ammo are in separate areas.. Gun in trunk, ammo in car or vice versa. But a loaded weapon without a CCW is a big no no. Also depends on who the gun belonged to....

Either way, the gun is likely a big problem for one of them. As is the Adderall if neither of them had a script for it. Being a banned substance in the NFL I seriously doubt one of them had a script.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Either way, the gun is likely a big problem for one of them. As is the Adderall if neither of them had a script for it. Being a banned substance in the NFL I seriously doubt one of them had a script.

I think the league gives out Afferall exemptions if a doctor has signed off on it.

Legend
Legend

How about no carry/conceal permit. Could that be the issue?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

How about no carry/conceal permit. Could that be the issue?

Absolutely.

WITH a ccw license, having a loaded gun on your person, or in your car, is not an offense. (you could have it in the glove box, center console, in a holster mounted under the dash - etc)

With OUT a ccw, a gun needs to be in plain sight. Ohio IS an open carry state - but that means the gun needs to be plainly visible. Not in a console, under the seat, etc. Unloaded.

And trust me, I was just reading up on this kind of stuff: With OUT a ccw, you can still get in hot water for having a loaded gun in the car.

And "loaded", in Ohio, can mean different things, believe it or not. Some people have been prosecuted for having ammo "handy". Even an unloaded gun, in a case, can get you in trouble if you have rounds in the gun case with the gun.

And as someone else mentioned - while it is now legal to carry a concealed gun into a restaurant/bar that serves alcohol, the person can not have 1 drop of alcohol in their system. Carrying concealed, walking down the street - you can not have any alcohol in your system. Period.

With or without a ccw - dude's in trouble for having a gun because he was drinking.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I was going to mention the open carry thing but didnt see where or who had the gun..

One other thing I hope neither one was stupid enough to admit to anything and just said I have nothing to say I need to speak with my attorney...still interested for more details though.

Last edited by FBHO71; 12/26/15 05:16 PM.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Having pills without a script isn't that big of a deal... Even in the eyes of the law. Thank God.

Who cares about the practice squad?

K
All Pro
All Pro
K

Quote:
WITH a ccw license, having a loaded gun on your person, or in your car, is not an offense. (you could have it in the glove box, center console, in a holster mounted under the dash - etc)

No. You cannot just have a gun anywhere in your car if you have a CCW, you MUST be in control of your weapon at all times. You cannot have it in your glove box and have a passenger who does not have a CCW sitting right in front of it where he has access to it.

Quote:
With OUT a ccw, a gun needs to be in plain sight. Ohio IS an open carry state - but that means
the gun needs to be plainly visible. Not in a console, under the seat, etc. Unloaded.

Wrong again. Open carry laws do not apply to places like bars and motor vehicles. If you are transporting a weapon in a vehicle it cannot be anywhere in the car where you can access it without existing the vehicle, that goes for driver and passengers.

edit- let me clarify the open carry law, there is no open carry law. There simply is no law in ohio that says you can't carry a firearm openly, there is however a law that states how a firearm must be transported. Although I wouldn't recommend open carrying a firearm, you WILL be confronted by law enforcement and have to explain why you are carrying a gun around. LoL

Last edited by Knight; 12/26/15 06:40 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Knight

Quote:

No. You cannot just have a gun anywhere in your car if you have a CCW, you MUST be in control of your weapon at all times. You cannot have it in your glove box and have a passenger who does not have a CCW sitting right in front of it where he has access to it.

Quote:
With OUT a ccw, a gun needs to be in plain sight. Ohio IS an open carry state - but that means
the gun needs to be plainly visible. Not in a console, under the seat, etc. Unloaded.

Wrong again. Open carry laws do not apply to places like bars and motor vehicles. If you are transporting a weapon in a vehicle it cannot be anywhere in the car where you can access it without existing the vehicle, that goes for driver and passengers.

edit- let me clarify the open carry law, there is no open carry law. There simply is no law in ohio that says you can't carry a firearm openly, there is however a law that states how a firearm must be transported. Although I wouldn't recommend open carrying a firearm, you WILL be confronted by law enforcement and have to explain why you are carrying a gun around. LoL

No he is in fact correct...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And Ohio is indeed an open carry state...where are you getting your info from because youre not even in the ballpark on this...I damn well have a gun in the glove box or the passenger seat...and have been pulled over gave my ccw and it wasnt an issue.

So maybe you shouldnt be so quick to tell someone their wrong..cause your looking clueless on this topic.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I think we'd both better clarify our statements. Why? Because there are too many "buts"

I can have my weapon (handgun) in the car - glove box, whatever. You have a point though, if I have a passenger.

I can have a long gun in my truck and transport it legally IF it's unloaded and no ammo is available. (at hand)

I may have caused confusion with my last post.

In fact, here is a perfect example of "confusion":

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/open-and-concealed-gun-carry-laws-ohio.htm

From the article:
Quote:
Situations or Circumstances Where Carrying a Gun is Illegal

In Ohio, you may not carry a firearm without a concealed carry permit. However, even with a permit, you may not carry a concealed firearm in the following places:

a school safety zone or child care center (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2923.122(B).)
a vehicle (Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2923.16(B).)

That certainly makes it seem as though I can't carry a hand gun in my car. In fact, it point blank says I can't.

I happen to know I can carry in my car/truck. I also know I can, while in my vehicle in a drop off or pick up zone at a school - I can carry, as long as I don't exit my vehicle.

Unless the law changed in the last month or so.

A long gun (rifle or shotgun) is okay in the cab of my truck as long as it's empty, the action is open, and it's in plain sight.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Arch you can carry in the vehicle...ccw yes..whats the point in having a ccw if u cant have it in your possesion in the car saywhat

The guy is WRONG...plus he said he has registered guns in this state which you already know is full of crap.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Even before I had ccw I opened carry for a bit got pulled over and had zero problems and the damn gun was on the seat passenger side to boot...damn the bad info going out about guns amazes me..

The only problem with police youll have is if they dont know the law or are having a bad day and dont think Joe citizen should be carrying one around and gives you a hard time.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
And Ohio is indeed an open carry state...where are you getting your info from because youre not even in the ballpark on this...I damn well have a gun in the glove box or the passenger seat...and have been pulled over gave my ccw and it wasnt an issue.

So maybe you shouldnt be so quick to tell someone their wrong..cause your looking clueless on this topic.

Like I said there is no LAW that specifically says you can open carry but there isn't one that doesn't.
https://ohioccw.org/200708153903/ohio-non-licensed-open-carry.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum arrests of Armonty Bryant & De'Ante Sanders

Link Copied to Clipboard