Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
cfrs15 #1055445 12/27/15 06:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Watching Rodgers hold the ball for 4+ seconds before taking a sack made me think of Josh McCown.


Yup. Except I give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt because he's the best QB I've ever seen.


Rodgers plays a lot like Manziel. He's just successful doing it and it's a foregone conclusion he's good so he doesn't get criticized for it. He has extremely happy feet and leaves the pocket for no reason constantly. He does keep his eyes downfield and has a multitude of weapons to throw to.

This isn't a criticism as I also think he's awesome. But he's not conventional at all.

cfrs15 #1055446 12/27/15 06:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
I forgot to add after Deion.

I've never seen anyone better than Deion.

CHSDawg #1055473 12/27/15 06:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Are the Cardinals the best team in the league?

CHSDawg #1055477 12/27/15 07:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,483
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,483
Arizona looks unstoppable today

Jets looked great

Steelers looked awful

Seahawks look awful

Packers look awful


can't figure this league out


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1055479 12/27/15 07:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
I hate Carson Palmer because when he played for the Bengals he would always act so offended when they lost to the Browns as if they were the cream of the crop of the NFL. Real prima donna attitude. And anyone willing to do that stupid hot dog promo has to be dumb as a box of rocks.

But I wouldn't mind if the Cardinals won it all with Palmer as kind of a big FU to the Bengals.

Rishuz #1055480 12/27/15 07:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
Btw, anyone watching the Seahawks, Wilson and Manziel could be twins with the way they bail from the pocket.

CHSDawg #1055483 12/27/15 07:12 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
I think that the Cardinals are going to win it all.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
CHSDawg #1055484 12/27/15 07:16 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Can Arizona beat Carolina though.


Hmmmm Hmmmmm


No Craps Given
EveDawg #1055491 12/27/15 07:35 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Can Arizona beat Carolina though.


Hmmmm Hmmmmm


I think that *will* be a great Conference Final. Yes, I think that Arizona can do it.


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
The Beast #1055496 12/27/15 07:52 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,458
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,458
Quote:
Screw Baltimore. Always. And forever.


You'd prefer Pittsburgh go to the playoffs ?

CHSDawg #1055499 12/27/15 07:57 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
The two great things today were:

I was at the bar and the Atlanta fans were loud. I was happy for them! I cheered them on. Take that Carolina.

The bar is a haven for loud and obnoxious Steelers fans. They got shut up today and were crying in their beers. It was great.

So even though the Browns lost, it was not all bad.


No Craps Given
CHSDawg #1055503 12/27/15 08:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Is Ronde Barber calling Aaron Donald "Eric" Donald?

EveDawg #1055504 12/27/15 08:14 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,458
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,458
Quote:
The bar is a haven for loud and obnoxious Steelers fans. They got shut up today and were crying in their beers. It was great.


I hope we Smash their faces in the dirt next week..

DeisleDawg #1055513 12/27/15 08:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,333
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,333
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Screw Baltimore. Always. And forever.


You'd prefer Pittsburgh go to the playoffs ?


I don't care what happens as long as Baltimore ALWAYS loses. They are worse than Pittsburgh since they stole our team. Screw them.


After 55 years, I'm walking away from this dumpster fire. Good luck to everyone who continues to hang on. You'll need it.
DeisleDawg #1055514 12/27/15 08:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Screw Baltimore. Always. And forever.


You'd prefer Pittsburgh go to the playoffs ?


Yes, w/out a doubt. Baltimore took our team. I hate them more than anyone.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,333
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,333
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Screw Baltimore. Always. And forever.


You'd prefer Pittsburgh go to the playoffs ?


Yes, w/out a doubt. Baltimore took our team. I hate them more than anyone.



Exactly.


After 55 years, I'm walking away from this dumpster fire. Good luck to everyone who continues to hang on. You'll need it.
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
A few thoughts:

--Green Bay and Seattle have no shot in the playoffs because both have horrific offensive lines. They haven't played yet today, but Minni is in the same boat.

--Arizona is solid on both sides of the ball.

--I love the Jags offensive skill players. They are going to be a force in the very near future.

--Donald for the Rams is a beast!

--Great win for the Jets. Brandon Marshall was acquired for what? A 4th or 5th round pick? I yi yi yi.

--How has Chicago won six games?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,458
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,458
Quote:
Yes, w/out a doubt. Baltimore took our team. I hate them more than anyone.


Modell took the old team away, we got rid of Modell..

The Raven fans are no where near as disgusting as the Steeler fans..

Nothing worse than watching those damn yellow towels..

So next week when the Browns Stadium is full of Steeler nasty fans waving their towels I'll be flicking them all off wishing for them all to end up in hell.

CHSDawg #1055530 12/27/15 08:48 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,874
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,874
Man-oh-man-oh-man, Aaron Rodgers got owned today. I was surprised how bad the team got beat. What the hell happened to them?

3rd_and_20 #1055532 12/27/15 08:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Man-oh-man-oh-man, Aaron Rodgers got owned today. I was surprised how bad the team got beat. What the hell happened to them?


The Cardinals are really good, the Packers offensive line played like poo, and Jordy Nelson is better than anyone ever thought.

DeisleDawg #1055535 12/27/15 08:55 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
It's a matter of opinion. I respect the Steelers. I loathe the Rats.

CHSDawg #1055536 12/27/15 08:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Steelers fans are horrid.

Modell stole the Browns.
Modell is dead.
So I am over it.


No Craps Given
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,333
Dawg Talker
Offline
Dawg Talker
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,333
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's a matter of opinion. I respect the Steelers. I loathe the Rats.


Exactly.


After 55 years, I'm walking away from this dumpster fire. Good luck to everyone who continues to hang on. You'll need it.
CHSDawg #1055543 12/27/15 08:58 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
I don't respect Steelers fans. They talk smack to me all the time at the bar.


No Craps Given
EveDawg #1055544 12/27/15 08:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
As I said, it is a matter of opinion. There are no scientific answers. LOL

Peace, little sister.

EveDawg #1055548 12/27/15 09:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,874
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 14,874
'WATCH: Clay Matthews is ice cold after knocking down Carson Palmer'

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/arizo...ock-down-122715

That was not nice!

Karma: And his team gets the pants beaten off them.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
As I said, it is a matter of opinion. There are no scientific answers. LOL

Peace, little sister.


I wasn't trying to argue with you. Just sharing my opinion because everyone's experience is different. :-)


No Craps Given
EveDawg #1055553 12/27/15 09:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
V
Legend
Offline
Legend
V
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 55,499
thumbsup

DeisleDawg #1055561 12/27/15 09:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
B
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,234
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Modell took the old team away, we got rid of Modell..

The Raven fans are no where near as disgusting as the Steeler fans..

Nothing worse than watching those damn yellow towels..

So next week when the Browns Stadium is full of Steeler nasty fans waving their towels I'll be flicking them all off wishing for them all to end up in hell.


Amen to everything you said.

And I still root for the Steelers every time they play the Ravens. No matter what is on the line.

DeisleDawg #1055583 12/27/15 10:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,563
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:
Screw Baltimore. Always. And forever.


You'd prefer Pittsburgh go to the playoffs ?


I hate baltiwhore but the nice thing about today is by winning they get a worse draft pick and steelers might miss playoffs


<><

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1055585 12/27/15 10:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
JFF reminds me a lot more of Favre. I hated/loved watching Favre.

CHSDawg #1055587 12/27/15 10:49 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Normally I like a stand in the pocket gunslinging QB. So JFF is an acquired taste for me. I like him. But days like today make me cringe.


No Craps Given
EveDawg #1055593 12/27/15 11:00 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Normally I like a stand in the pocket gunslinging QB. So JFF is an acquired taste for me. I like him. But days like today make me cringe.



Meh. I hate it. I love my QB's to be in control of the game the entire time. Watching Favre and Johnny play makes me think they're actually playing instead of being a surgeon. But I do respect it*

*Begrudgingly

Rishuz #1055596 12/27/15 11:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,204
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Btw, anyone watching the Seahawks, Wilson and Manziel could be twins with the way they bail from the pocket.


Like I said when I was defending the line, small QB's gotta find passing lanes someway or the other. It's not necessarily a bad thing, not necessarily a good thing, it's just a thing. If you watch Drew Brees usually takes a few steps back in the shotgun to help him. Again, it's just a thing. Not positive or bad.

CHSDawg #1055605 12/27/15 11:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,870


You know my love will Not Fade Away.........


#gmSTRONG
CHSDawg #1055608 12/27/15 11:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
The Giants just suck so hard w/o OBJ.


No Craps Given
CHSDawg #1055612 12/28/15 12:03 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Wonder if the Giants would fire Jerry Reese. If they do, Haslam needs to be on the phone with him ASAP.

candyman92 #1055621 12/28/15 12:47 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
C
Legend
Offline
Legend
C
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 42,413
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Wonder if the Giants would fire Jerry Reese. If they do, Haslam needs to be on the phone with him ASAP.


Reese has been relatively unsuccessful the past few years.

It's crazy, the Giants snuck into the playoffs twice and won the Super Bowl both times.

cfrs15 #1055623 12/28/15 12:52 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Wonder if the Giants would fire Jerry Reese. If they do, Haslam needs to be on the phone with him ASAP.


Reese has been relatively unsuccessful the past few years.

It's crazy, the Giants snuck into the playoffs twice and won the Super Bowl both times.


His 2011-2013 drafts are what has killed him.

CHSDawg #1055624 12/28/15 12:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 17,284
Reese would be easily the best GM we've ever had since our return.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Chiefs 17 Other Games

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5