Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So, with manziel most likely getting cut or traded, Mack probably leaving, and Thomas not sure if he wants to remain in cleveland, would you be willing to trade for RG3?

if he was to be made available for trade, would you want the HC to grab him, and then use the 2nd pick on bosa if he's there? or would you trade for RG3, and still take a QB with the 1st round pick just in case? or not at all?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
I wouldn't want RG. At all. JMO.

F
All Pro
All Pro
F
No Thanks.

And the next head coach is ......
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i would.

why not?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
theres a few QB's i can think of that i would trade for.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I might call for the firing of whoever would trade for RG3.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
why

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Too fragile, ill pass

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He can't stand in the pocket and throw and he is a running QB who's knees are shot.

Absolutely freakin no!

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
he sat pretty much the entire year.

he's most likely healthy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Reconsidering...I guess it would depend on what the cost is.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
he should be able to come cheap.

i'd say a 2nd or two 3rd's is fair.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd trade Bowe for him, maybe Manziel but they would have to throw in a kicking tee or something.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Me personally...I wouldnt go higher than a 4th for him. A second is too much IMO.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
No, not with his contract ($16.2 million in 2016 according to rotoworld). I'd rather see that money go to extending our own core players and quality free agents. If/when he gets cut I'd be interested though. He's too talented not to be, IMO.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i know the skins are gonna look to trade him first, but what do you think the chances are they cut him if a trade doesnt fall through this offseason?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why trade for a guy that is going to be cut to begin with?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His chances of being cut are between 100% and 100% give or take 0%.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
why
v

Attitude
Injury prone
Would not want to be in CLE

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
dunno if snyder would allow him to be cut. you never know bro

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
did he say he didn't want to be in cleveland?

he might wanna go somewhere he has a chance to be the guy again. that could be anywhere.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

he might wanna go somewhere he has a chance to be the guy again. that could be anywhere.

I am speculating he would not want to become embroiled in this mess, especially if Manziel remains

Another reason would dollars with huge risk

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Cjrae

I am speculating he would not want to become embroiled in this mess, especially if Manziel remains

Another reason would dollars with huge risk

the mess is gone...

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
We've been a mess pretty much since the return...

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
Analytics say no way, no how.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
that depends on who the HC and GM is.

also, most likely, manziel is out. if he's not, i doubt we will be trading for any QB anyway.

plus, he's use to messes. he created one in DC, maybe he learned from it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrashBagPorter
Analytics say no way, no how.

analytics says he's won more games than any of our last three to 5 QB's combined.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
i know the skins are gonna look to trade him first, but what do you think the chances are they cut him if a trade doesnt fall through this offseason?

I'm sure they will look to trade him but I doubt they find any takers unless he is willing to renegotiate that contract. And even non-guaranteed salaries have some risk to them. For example, if he were to get injured in off-season workouts, the new team would be on the hook for the full amount.

It's very likely that Washington will release him this coming off-season. They have their QB.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Analytics also say he's been injured too many times, has an ego problem, team mates don't seem to care for him, and he's a scrambler that will get him hurt again.

Does Manziel's history here translate well? That's exactly what Manziel was. Of course, just my opinion.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd court him in free agency but pass on giving anything for him.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
couldn't we also renegotiate a new contract with him?

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A

If we trade for him, I don't think so. I'm not an expert on that though. If he's cut from the skins, then yeah.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Refs would ban me for what I would say.

Free agency, maybe if the price is right.

Last edited by GoneWithTheDawgs; 01/05/16 04:06 PM.

[Linked Image from i442.photobucket.com]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Sure, but I doubt any QB is going to go out of their way to make it easier to get traded to the Browns. If he did though, how much do you give up to get him? I don't know. It's hard to put a value on it because he is an incredibly talented player, and he did have a pretty remarkable rookie year-- one of the best in league history. In the years since he has had some attitude and injury issues, he doesn't have the same speed that he used to, and he's been exposed as not being a great passer.

A late round pick and a reasonable salary with minimal guarantees perhaps? Maybe that is too optimistic to expect to get him for that price. From my point of view a lot of it has to do with how much of what came out of Washington is true in regards to the work ethic and attitude issues.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
I'd trade Bowe for him, maybe Manziel but they would have to throw in a kicking tee or something.

lol!! It's that little bit extra that counts!

Someone said a few times here (I think Vers?) RG3 can't read defenses. If that is true, me no want.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

+

+

=

R
Legend
Legend
R
he should be able to come cheap.

i'd say a 2nd or two 3rd's is fair.

Neither of those costs are cheap.

I agree with BpG. Court him in FA. Don't give anything up for him.

But I'd only want to sign him if we keep the QB whisperer, O'Connell. Otherwise, I think we should draft someone (likely Goff), commit to him (oh the horror!) and see it through with some new blood.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I was actually thinking about RG3 as well but I was under the assumption it would be through FA. No way I give up precious picks during a regime change, and no way would I pay him big $$$. My interest is only due to the idea that him sitting was probably the best thing for him physically and mentally. He could be primed for a major comeback, but that's a long shot.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
he sat pretty much the entire year.

he's most likely healthy.

It's more likely he's healthier, but still with the same problems. I'd take a pass. JFF has probably written himself a ticket out of town, as he's unreliable. We're going to have to get a rookie QB. We will need a vet to fill in until the rook is ready, as there isn't a NFL rook QB out there.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep, RG3 might be cut this year. No reason to spend anything just to bring him in for a look-see. I would have no issue with a conditional 5th-7th if absolutely necessary, but I really don't like him as a QB.

I also think the QBs in this draft are more or less garbage, so McCown might be our best bet since it's looking like JFF will be shipped. McCown probably has two good years left in the tank and that would be a good bridge for this rebuild.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Would you make a trade for RG3?

Link Copied to Clipboard