Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt it isn't going to be the old school coach who says a guy "looks like a football player".

No doubt whoever we bring in is going to be a coach and rely on gut instincts to a degree. That is where you might measure a players "heart". He is also going to be a guy open to the information his team provides him and not just turn a cold shoulder.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I honestly can't decide who I like better, Jackson or Patricia. Jackson has HC experience and a very solid reputation. Patricia looks like he's made for the new structure (or more accurately, the new structure looks like it was made for Patricia), but lacks HC experience.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
No doubt it isn't going to be the old school coach who says a guy "looks like a football player".

No doubt whoever we bring in is going to be a coach and rely on gut instincts to a degree. That is where you might measure a players "heart". He is also going to be a guy open to the information his team provides him and not just turn a cold shoulder.

Realistically though, how many of these types of coaches around still anyway?

I know the conventional wisdom is that an older more experienced HC wouldn't want to come here because it is assumed they wouldn't be open to new fangled ways... but it also assumes there aren't any experienced HC's out there that don't see much value in the numbers aspect. Is there really anything that supports that assumption? I just don't know that it's a given that an experienced HC wouldn't like this set up.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
I honestly can't decide who I like better, Jackson or Patricia. Jackson has HC experience and a very solid reputation. Patricia looks like he's made for the new structure (or more accurately, the new structure looks like it was made for Patricia), but lacks HC experience.

**BREAKING NEWS!!**

The Cleveland Browns in an effort to continue their unconventional re-structuring have hired BOTH Jackson and Patricia to be Co-HC's!!! On top of that, Jackson will handle OC duties and Patricia will handle DC duties!

More at 11!

nanner

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree with that as well, though maybe not as much as you. Most in the HC ranks are 50 somethings. To them, his is fairly new. The grew up before computers and cable TV. I am sure at one time Paul Brown was viewed as a "geek" who was using methods that wouldn't work.

"And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on"

(That is a old Sonny and Cher song for those that don't know")

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It appears we are going from Pet to Pat...

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
It appears we are going from Pet to Pat...

I'd prefer you said "from Petty to Patty"... when you just say "Pat" I can't help but think Shurmur...... sick

-Jack Burton

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

**BREAKING NEWS!!**

The Cleveland Browns in an effort to continue their unconventional re-structuring have hired BOTH Jackson and Patricia to be Co-HC's!!! On top of that, Jackson will handle OC duties and Patricia will handle DC duties!

More at 11!

nanner

I'd go for it =) Can't be worse than last year right? ....

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe Coach would be better..:)

Legend
Legend
Just predicting based off of Rumors-

Tampa Bay- Dirk Koetter
San Fran- Hue Jackson
Tennessee- Chip Kelly
Philly- Tom Coughlin
Dolphins- Adam Gase
Giants- Doug Marrone

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some random thoughts responding to multiple posts in the last 3 pages.

As for Jackson not wanting to be HC for an owner with a short fuse, Sf fired their HC after one year and supposedly Sf and us are his two top suitors.

As for Belichick's coordinators not being successful as HC's:

Mangini and McDaniel were not bad HC's. Unfortunately for them, they were horrible GM's. Additionally Mangini was in the process of changing this teams attitude then he got undermined by Holmgren.

Weisz was a good HC. His problem was that he took over the college ranks. 1st, he never embraced the recruiting process which was a huge mistake. 2nd, his system was too complicated for college. A few college players could learn it but to get a whole team on board was never going to happen. I think he wuld have had pretty good success as an NFL HC - provided he didn't try to be his own GM.

Crennel - He was never cut out to be a HC. As I have said before, some people are presidents and others are vice presidents. Crennel is a great DC but he doesn't have the persona to be a HC. He is too much of a nice guy. This is where the interviews are so important. Everybody getting interviews is going to have a strong football mind. The question is, do they have the personality to be a leader.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NFL Network's Mike Silver reports Bengals OC Hue Jackson has yet to receive a head-coaching offer.

An offer could come at any time, of course, but Jackson has yet to be offered a head-coaching gig after weekend interviews with the 49ers and Browns. Reports out of the Bay Area have Jackson as a hot candidate in San Francisco. We wonder why Jackson would want to work with tyrant 49ers GM Trent Baalke

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?r=1

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue Jackson eager for Browns interview this afternoon; Browns finished with Panthers' Sean McDermott this morning

Hue Jackson was looking forward to his Browns interview after meeting with San Francisco

Print Email Mary Kay Cabot, Cleveland.com By Mary Kay Cabot, Cleveland.com

on January 10, 2016 at 2:41 PM, updated January 10, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Once again the Browns will sit out the NFL playoffs: Crowquill
Hue Jackson likes Browns, 49ers equally heading into Sunday interviews despite reports he's 49ers favorite
Reinventing the Cleveland Browns: a timeline of the 2016 off-season
Cleveland Browns have Terry Talkin' about search for coaches and the great analytics debate -- Terry Pluto
Browns candidate Adam Gase interviewing with Dolphins a 2nd time Saturday, signs point to him going there, reports say
All Stories
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson was looking forward to his Browns meeting this afternoon after spending five hours with the 49ers this morning, a league source told cleveland.com.

The Browns also confirmed they talked to Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott this morning in Charlotte, N.C.

Jackson, whose Bengals lost a heartbreaker to the Steelers, 18-16, Saturday night in an AFC Wildcard matchup, is meeting with the Browns in Cincinnati after talking to the 49ers there.

If Jackson likes the Browns, he could become their next coach. The Browns don't have any other known interviews lined up.

The San Jose Mercury News reported that the 49ers are targeting Jackson, the former head coach of the Raiders in 2011, and are prepared to try to hire him, as early as today. The paper said the 49ers are under the impression that Jackson will accept the offer.

But a source told cleveland.com that Jackson, 50, headed into the process with an open mind and is intrigued by both clubs. Other teams could also become interested, especially now that he's out of the playoffs.

Jackson, a players' coach with a dynamic personality, is one of the most well-liked men in the business.

"I talk about how collaboratively Hue worked with everyone in the organization,'' former Raiders executive Amy Trask, now a CBS analyst, said on-air today of what she tells teams. "And I speak to them about the challenges under which Hue labored, many of which were not apparent to the public. I would love to see what Hue Jackson can do as a head coach if he is allowed to pick his own assistant coaching staff."

Offensive tackle Andre Whitworth told cincinnati.com: "If there is an NFL team out there that's not looking at Hue Jackson in their top three, they are crazy,"

Steelers receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey, who played for Jackson in Oakland, told USA TODAY Sports Thursday: "I think he's a great football mind. He's good for football. He demands a lot out of his players, and any team would love to have him."

Related: Browns should give Hue Jackson enough power to land him
Related: Browns should give Hue Jackson enough power to land him
The Cleveland Browns are taking a new approach organizationally. But the most important hire is still the head coach, and their target should be Bengals' coordinator Hue Jackson.

McDermott, who's drawn attention in the wake of the Panthers' 15-1 record this season, interviewed with the Bucs on Saturday. His defense finished sixth overall (332.9 yards per game) and sixth in points allowed per game (19.3). The Panthers also led the league with 24 interceptions and with 39 takeaways overall.

"It's an honor to be in that conversation," McDermott told panthers.com. "I've been in that conversation for the last couple of years. It's a direct result of the success we've had here. For four years straight being a top ten defense and we led the league in takeaways – that just speaks for itself in my opinion. It speaks to the players and coaches and our philosophy of how we do things."

Panthers coach Ron Rivera isn't surprised that teams are coming after McDermott, 41.

"He's done a nice job,'' Rivera told the Charlotte Observer. "It's nice to see that he's getting some recognition and we'll see how it goes," Rivera said. "It's that time of year and this is a good time if you're going to do it when you're in the playoffs."
McDermott made it clear recently that he'd love to coach the Eagles, where he spent two seasons as a coordinator and 12 as an assistant overall, but the Eagles have yet to set up an interview.

"I love the Philadelphia area and, quite honestly, it's been tough to watch the last several years, having grown up in the area and worked there for 12 years," McDermott told ESPN.com. "The fan base, I know it's important to them. They're genuine, they're dedicated and they're real.

In 2013, McDermott was named Sporting News Coordinator of the Year after his defensive finished second in the NFL. They also led the league in sacks and finished second in scoring defense with four defensive touchdowns. The defense allowed just 15.1 points per game, its fewest since 1996, and set a club record with an NFL-low 21 touchdowns.

In his first season as Eagles coordinator in 2009, McDermott was named the NFL's top defensive coordinator by Pro Football Weekly after his unit ranked third in the NFL with 38 takeaways and 44 sacks. Philadelphia also stood second in third-down defense and fifth in yards per play allowed. 

McDermott coached the secondary and linebackers before becoming defensive coordinator, learning under the late Jim Johnson, the Eagles' legendary defensive coordinator.

The Browns' other interviewees still available are former Bills coach Doug Marrone, Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin and Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia. Their first interview, Adam Gase, took the Dolphins job on Saturday. He'll reportedly hire Cowboys secondary coach Jerome Henderson to coach his defensive backs, according to Fox Sports. The Browns interviewed Henderson for their head coach vacancy on Friday.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...art_river_index

Legend
Legend
I like the sound of Patricia. Of all the Coordinators that have come out of New England, he seems to be most in the "evil genius" mold of Belichick.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I'm liking Hue. That 8-8 record with abad Raiders team, plus a solid resume could equal a good coach.
Funny how no one is talking about Chip Kelly.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maybe I'm just projecting my own impressions, but I feel like it's between Jackson and Patricia. But therein lies a dilemma. They can't offer Patricia the job until NE is done playing. Meanwhile the 49ers are courting Jackson. We could be forced to make a decision on Jackson before Patricia is available. We wait and Jackson could be gone. Patricia could turn down the offer. We could be left with neither.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
I hope we just go all in on Jackson and get this thing done, I think that he stands the best chance of turning this mess in the right direction.

I think that he's a heck of a coach.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Not really, aside from the fiasco in Philly, and the rumors of racism, there is the insulting way he dissed Haslam in 2012. If you don't remember, he agreed to a 2nd meeting over dinner, then simply didn't show up because he was in Philly accepting their offer.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Saban announcement on Wednesday ;-)

/ bama is big in analytics (recruiting,training, etc)
// in a room of Saban, DePo and Sashi - we all know who Haslem is listening to.
/// Saban can bring his favorite talent evaluator but be insulated from hanging himself with the perception he is over extended - bad personal moves won't be his fault like recent college coaches

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Not really, aside from the fiasco in Philly, and the rumors of racism, there is the insulting way he dissed Haslam in 2012. If you don't remember, he agreed to a 2nd meeting over dinner, then simply didn't show up because he was in Philly accepting their offer.

Grossi continues to report it was a mutual parting and that Kelly got more and more weird as the interview went on. Haslam ended up thinking he was too weird by the time it was all done and was more than happy to have him walk. Ive heard Grossi report this several times.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: candyman92

Tampa Bay- Dirk Koetter
San Fran- Hue Jackson
Tennessee- Chip Kelly
Philly- Tom Coughlin
Dolphins- Adam Gase
Giants- Doug Marrone

Yep, they just keep coming, interviewing, and leaving Cleveland...we will get the scraps again.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:
Evidently Henderson was our minority interview...cause I think he signed up to be the DB coach in Miami. Positional coach to interviewing for HC...smells like token minority interview out of the way. If I'm reading that right and I'm also assuming Henderson is a minority.

Henderson is Black, as is Hue Jackson. So is Teryl Austin. There were no token interviews in this search.

I didn't really understand the Henderson interview, but I do Jackson and Austin. Both are quality coaches who will get their shot. Who knows, maybe Jackson gets the job. Everybody might be sitting at dinner right now ironing out the details.

I think sometimes they interview some guys for future reference, just like some coaches do head coach interviews knowing they'll not get the job just for the experience of partaking in a head coach interview. It prepares them for the future.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: OrangeHelmet
McDermott, Jackson or Patricia

One of these in that order, should be our next coach by Monday

McDermott and Patricia cannot be hired officially because their teams are still in the playoffs. We should be rooting for the Patriots and Panthers to get eliminated so we can get another interview in.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Tampa Bay- Dirk Koetter
San Fran- Hue Jackson
Tennessee- Chip Kelly
Philly- Tom Coughlin
Dolphins- Adam Gase
Giants- Doug Marrone

I like all of these guesses, except it looks like Tennessee is going to keep Mike Mularkey (that is not a joke).

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
This is a fluff piece, but the more I learn about Henderson, the more I am convinced that he will wind up being our guy.

Henderson got hired to the Dolphins defensive staff.

Legend
Legend
Pat to Pet... and then Pet back to Pat...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Tampa Bay- Dirk Koetter
San Fran- Hue Jackson
Tennessee- Chip Kelly
Philly- Tom Coughlin
Dolphins- Adam Gase
Giants- Doug Marrone

I like all of these guesses, except it looks like Tennessee is going to keep Mike Mularkey (that is not a joke).

I would also bet that McDermott ends up in Philly

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester

Tampa Bay- Dirk Koetter
San Fran- Hue Jackson
Tennessee- Chip Kelly
Philly- Tom Coughlin
Dolphins- Adam Gase
Giants- Doug Marrone

I would also bet that McDermott ends up in Philly
I read that he grew up an Eagles fan, it's his dream job at this point.

1. #GMstrong
4. ClemenZa #1
C
Legend
Legend
C

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Haley may become a coordinator candidate somewhere.

Why would he become a coordinator somewhere else? That doesn't make any sense.

All I know is that I would take him over all of these guys who have no HC experience.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Cleveland Browns have Terry Talkin' coaches Hue Jackson, Doug Marrone, Lovie Smith and others -- Terry Pluto

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 11, 2016 at 8:19 AM, updated January 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM
link

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The last thing the Browns need to do is hire a coach quickly just to have one in place.

Because of the unique composition of the front office and the determination to be driven by stats and analytics, most available coaches would be a poor fit in Cleveland. The approach is too different and very hard for many veteran football people accept.

The man running the football operation is Sashi Brown, a noted attorney and salary cap expert. His right-hand man is Paul DePodesta, a baseball executive and analytics expert.

If you are the new coach of the Cleveland Browns, those are your bosses.

The owner is Jimmy Haslam, who fired one coach he inherited (Pat Shurmur) and two he hired (Rob Chudzinski and Mike Pettine).

That's three coaches in four years. Same for general managers, three fired in four years.

For this to finally work in Cleveland, the Browns must find the right guy who accepts the front office structure and the numbers-driven way of doing business.

BE VERY CAREFUL

The Browns simply can't hire a guy because he has experience and he really wants to return to head coaching.

I wonder if Doug Marrone falls into that category. He overestimated his value when walking away from Buffalo after two seasons and a 9-7 record in 2014. He assumed he'd be hired as a head coach somewhere in 2015.

He was not. Marrone ended up as an offensive line coach in Jacksonville. There is a reason no one rushed to Marrone with another chance to be a head coach. He made some enemies.

You can read this ESPN profile of him. Marrone is a former offensive lineman who doesn't tolerate fools or critics very well. He thought he was picked on by the media in Buffalo.

Oh, boy.

Marrone supposedly is very open to analytics, which is something in his favor.

He was not known as a very collaborative person with his bosses. That's part of the reason that he walked out after two years, using the option in his contract allowing him to leave if the team was sold.

How would he work in Cleveland? How would he handle having Brown and DePodesta as his bosses?

The last thing the Browns need is more division between the coaches and front office. That was part of the reason for the demise of GM Ray Farmer and Pettine.

THE INTERVIEWING ORDER

Just because a candidate was interviewed first doesn't mean he's the first choice of the Browns.

The first candidate was Adam Gase, My guess is Gase was high on their list. The Bears offensive coordinator was wanted by several teams.

He was hired by Miami. He is the sixth full-time coach hired by the Dolphins since 2004. They also had two interim coaches.

The Browns are on the same path. Their next coach will be No. 7. They have had one interim in that period.

The Dolphins gave the 37-year-old Gase full control of the 53-man roster.

With the Browns, that power rests with Sashi Brown and that's not likely to change.

Coaches such as Jerome Henderson (Dallas defensive backs), Teryl Austin (Detroit Defensive Coordinator) and Marrone were some of the Browns early interviews.

Why?

Because their teams missed the playoffs. They were available, the same was true of Gase.

THE WEEKEND INTERVIEWS

The Browns interviewed Hue Jackson and Matt Patricia this weekend.

My guess is that they were higher on the list than several others interviewed earlier.

The offensive coordinator for the Bengals, Jackson had to wait until after Cincinnati's Saturday playoff game -- that awful 18-16 loss to Pittsburgh.

Cleveland.com's Mary Kay Cabot reports that Jackson was impressed with the Browns. He also interviewed with the 49ers.

Jackson has a West Coast background. His one season as an NFL coach was in Oakland, 8-8 in 2011. Jackson is known for his people skills, and probably would work well with the new front office.

The key would be if the 50-year-old Jackson was willing to buy into the analytics approach to building a team. The Browns must find the answer to that question.

That's the major issue for every coach considering Cleveland. If they fail to accept the premise that this is the way to assemble a team, then they should not be hired.

If you read this Boston Herald story about Patricia, he sounds like the Browns guy. He certainly understands the analytic approach. But is the New England defensive coordinator ready to be a head coach? Does he have the people and leadership skills?

The 41-year-old Patricia has worked his way up with the Patriots. He started with them in 2004 in an entry level position and has never worked for any other NFL team. Nor has he been a head coach at any level.

Jackson has the leadership experience and has worked with several NFL teams. But does he agree with the Browns new game plan? Can he handle Sashi Brown being in charge of the roster?

The Browns also talked to Sean McDermott, Carolina's defensive coordinator. I don't know where he stands in their pecking order.

ABOUT LOVIE SMITH

The Bucs fired Raheem Morris (2009-11) after three years, Greg Schiano (2012-13) after two years and now Lovie Smith (2014-15) after two years.

Smith improved the Bucs from 2-14 to 6-10. He clearly was a good influence on rookie quarterback Jamies Winston. But the Bucs lost their last four games. They led the league in penalties.

Those were the public reasons for firing Smith.

The main reason they supposedly fired Smith is to promote his offensive coordinator, Dirk Koetter. They were worried about Koetter being hired as a head coach elsewhere.

For what it's worth, Smith hired Koetter. He also hired general manager Jason Licht, who was given the job by ownership to handle the press conference firing Smith.

Then Koetter interviewed for the 49ers job.

The 49ers so far have talked to Jackson, Koetter, Chip Kelly, Anthony Lynn (Buffalo assistant) and Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo. Not much of a pattern in that group.

The 57-year-old Smith was blindsided by the firing. Hard to know if he will immediately want to coach again. He took a year off (2013) when he was fired in Chicago. That 2012 season, the Bears were 10-6 and he was still dismissed. They have not won 10 games since.

Would Smith be interested in Cleveland? Would he accept the analytics approach? In Tampa Bay, he had control of the 53-man roster and made the major football decisions.

Unlike Chip Kelly, Smith is known for getting along with people and working well with the front office. I hope the Browns talk to him.

But I hope they hire Jackson, Smith or a whomever as coach only if the man accepts their new game plan.

Otherwise, we'll be watching the Browns go through this process again in a year or two.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The Dolphins gave the 37-year-old Gase full control of the 53-man roster.

This is just one coaching candidate off the list, but this is what I thought would happen.

Adam Gase, considered one of the best candidates, interviewed with the Browns and Dolphins(and others)and took the Dolphins job..wonder WHY?

Why would Gase take the Dolphins over the Browns?

What the Dolphins offered Gase and what the Browns offered Gase are polar opposites. Gase was given a choice of two offers that were the extreme opposite of each other..

...full control over the 53 man roster by the Dolphins..

...or no control over the 53 man roster by the Browns.

When the Browns interviewed Gase their search committee had to convince him that Sashi Brown, a Harvard educated lawyer, with no experience playing or coaching football, would do a better job picking and controlling the 53 man roster than Gase would.

Doesn't look like the Browns super duper interview team was able to convince Gase that it would be better for him if Sashi Brown was in charge of the 53 roster.

Gase took the job that gave him full control of the 53 man roster, which is what I thought would happen.

Again, my fear is that the best candidates will say no to the Browns coaching job because of the management structure that Haslam dreamed up and that the Browns will be forced to pick someone from the leftovers group of candidates.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
R
Legend
Legend
R
mac, serious question, but why don't you just choose another team to root for?

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Browns never offered Gase the job.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
mac, serious question, but why don't you just choose another team to root for?

It's too hard to come up with s bunch of new conspiracy theories.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gase took the job that gave him full control of the 53 man roster, which is what I thought would happen.

Again, my fear is that the best candidates will say no to the Browns coaching job because of the management structure that Haslam dreamed up and that the Browns will be forced to pick someone from the leftovers group of candidates.

Gase isnt proven enough to give him control of the 53. Sasha isnt either but that is for another debate. Miami got the hot name but he was the one guy out of everyone we have interviewed I had the biggest worries about.

Mac u also certainly have a point that all the good coaches may not want to come here. It happened exactly that way last time. Pet appeared to be the only one that wanted the job at all and that in itself made some wonder how smart he really was lol.

Its gonna take a very strong coach to turn this thing around. It is hard for a coach to convince players that his way is the right way when they dont expect that coach to be there at the end of the year.

When this team fired the Chud regime, it set them back another 5 years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns never offered Gase the job.

Yeah, there is that. Amazing how many people are not seeing this.

Also, saw some comments about why we would let Gase leave without an offer. For one, he was the 1st interview and we had not yet satisfied the Rooney rule.

Second, he was the first one we interviewed. We had others scheduled and if we would have offered him the job there would be the complaining here about us jumping the gun and not doing some due diligence.

Him taking the Miami job does not mean he turned us down. Especially since we didn't offer him the job.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Miami also has way better weather and more favorable taxes

Legend
Legend
All I can hope and ask for is that each candidate is very honest about how they feel about the structure of our organization.

I dont want anyone who doesn't like it, but think they can cope. After a few bumps, they will go back to their original thinking.

Please, if you come to Cleveland. Be behind the structure 100%.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think that is a good point and I agree w/you.

I also think that finding someone who buys into it 100% is going to be very difficult.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Coaching/GM Search 2016 Edition

Link Copied to Clipboard