Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
Note: I based this mock off of Walter Football's current mock. Using where he had players going as a guide, not an end all, be all..

1. WR Laquon Treadwell
A true #1. A true threat on offense. You take him regardless of any chance of Gordon coming back. Because Treadwell/Hartline/Benjimen/Barnidge is a solid pass catching core. The ability to add Gordon to it is a luxury that will be discussed at a later time.

2. QB Connor Cook/DE Shaq Lawson

I am torn here. Assuming Cook doesn't get over drafted, and Lawson doesn't slowly rise into the first round. I like the idea of both of them.

If we switch to a predominantly 4-3 defense, I would love to put Lawson on the left end and just let him loose. However that knee scares me a bit.

Cook may be a jerk, and didn't end his MSU Career nearly how he wanted to obviously. But in following the Cincinnati model (Green/Datlon) I wouldn'r mind getting a great pass catcher for my young QB to grow with..

3. DE Carl Nassib/QB Christian Hackenberg

Basically you have to choose between Cook/Nassib and Lawson/Hackenberg.

I'm not sure which way I'd go honestly..

I was ganna continue this, but I'm not too familiar with the rest of the draft class at this moment, and WalterFootballs need to allow comment sections too load completely on every single page is driving me crazy..

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nassib falls to round 3? Is that what you're saying?

Legend
Legend
I may have got my wires crossed on that one.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
C
Legend
Legend
C
Take this with a grain of salt.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/s...-draft-2016-nfl

Mel Kiper's first mock draft.

I believe in 2014 he had Manziel going first to the Texans in his first mock.

Legend
Legend
The only purpose a Mock 1.0 serves is to set up future changes that I believe he's already going to make to his mock.

As if he sets up his Mock Draft, then jumbles it up, and fixes it as he release he versions.

All about those website clicks.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
If Jaylon Smith falls to the top of round two do we pull the trigger based solely on his potential. Or have we too many needs to use a second round pick on a player that may wind up on IR next year?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
In Kiper's introduction to his mock he speaks against picking based on need. Then, the first four of the five picks in that link he reasons them based on need.

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
If Jaylon Smith falls to the top of round two do we pull the trigger based solely on his potential. Or have we too many needs to use a second round pick on a player that may wind up on IR next year?

Tough call, I might just have to depending on who is there.

BpG #1066508 01/15/16 12:49 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07

Tough call, I might just have to depending on who is there.

It is a tough call, but at the #32 pick, that likely is a round or two too high. Particularly if we didn't get our QB at #2...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ddubia
In Kiper's introduction to his mock he speaks against picking based on need. Then, the first four of the five picks in that link he reasons them based on need.

IIRC, Vers outlined that quandary last draft. You are balancing BPA versus need, so it is a trade-off...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
BpG #1066515 01/15/16 12:54 PM
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is a fanspeak mock I just did.

I know, I know fanspeak. I think Jaylin MArshall is a guy to target in later rounds, had he stayed at OSU, he would have been drafted much higher next year. I think the kid has potential.

Found this gem in my archive. Proving I could draft better than Ray Farmer.

Last edited by BpG; 01/15/16 12:58 PM.
BpG #1066516 01/15/16 12:58 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A lot depends on the medical. I heard that his knee injury was quite serious and could be career threatening. That was a week and a half ago and haven't heard any updates.

I wouldn't use a 2nd round pick on a guy who might never see the field.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I say stay put @ #2 and take Goff, our biggest need is to finally get our franchise QB, then take the best OLB/DE @ 32 and then start looking at WR ... JMHO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
A lot depends on the medical. I heard that his knee injury was quite serious and could be career threatening. That was a week and a half ago and haven't heard any updates.

I wouldn't use a 2nd round pick on a guy who might never see the field.

It's early in the process but your right, most guys who do come back from that type of injury are never the same, but modern medicine man, it's amazing.

BpG #1066522 01/15/16 01:11 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do you like the letter "J?"

J
Rookie
Rookie
J
The original mock draft that has us taking Goff and then Doctson is interesting, and definitely a possibility. The problem with that is, we're down our first two picks and we didn't address the defense. As bad as our team was last year, the WORST part was probably our defense. Blame it on scheme, personnel, or coaching, but it was awful for many stretches. I'm not sure we can start the draft by going offense-offense.

Now, if our new scouting department and front office digs into Goff and comes away feeling like he is worthy of the second pick, I'm ok with it. I feel like the people pulling the trigger will do their homework and then some, so if they truly feel like Goff has the stuff, I'll be happy with the selection. Conversely, if we come away feeling like Goff isn't the guy, we need to find the absolute best defender we can and snatch him.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
J/C... Here's my second round:

2nd Round
32 Cleveland Josh Doctson, WR TCU Cleveland needs significant targets for their new QB. Doctson has some AJ Green-like qualities.
33 Tennessee Kenny Clark, NT UCLA All of Tennessee's nose tackles are free agents. Clark is a force in the middle and has 3-4 experience from UCLA.
34 Dallas Andrew Billings, DT Baylor Dallas continues rebuilding their defensive line with the selection of the powerful Billings.
35 San Diego Michael Thomas, WR Ohio State With Malcolm Floyd getting on in years he will likely not be made a priority in free agency. Thomas gives the Chargers another big, sure-handed receiver to pair with Keenan Allen.
36 Baltimore Hunter Henry, TE Arkansas Another weapon for Flacco, Henry is a complete tight end and can fill the role which Baltimore hoped Pitta would satisfy. Some might expect an offensive lineman here, but Henry is the chalk pick and Pitta has been too unreliable since getting his new contract.
37 San Francisco Germain Ifedi, OT Texas A&M San Francisco's line was atrocious last year. They have many needs, but no new QB is going to go in there and perform well with what they have in front of them.
38 Jacksonville Su'a Cravens, OLB USC Jacksonville would be bummed here if Ifedi went one pick in front of them. San Fran going OT over QB was a huge blow in their draft strategy. They'd like to trade down if they could find a partner, but there's just nobody clamoring to move up to this spot at this point. They take an impact linebacker who can help cover the tight ends in their division.
39 Tampa Bay Vadal Alexander, OG LSU Tampa adds a big mauler to their OL in Alexander. The Buccs quickly learned that there is a big transition from Hobart to the NFL, and Logan Mankins is not playing nearly at the level he was when they acquired him from New England.
40 NY Giants Vonn Bell, SS Ohio State The Giants add Vonn Bell to their defensive backfield to pair with last year's second rounder Landon Collins. Collins had his growing pains last year but they have absolutely nothing to pair with him.
41 Chicago Tyler Boyd, WR Pittsburgh With the likely departure of Alshon Jeffrey, Chicago needs to reload their receiving corps for Jay Cutler. Boyd was a highly productive featured wide receiver for the Panthers the past couple seasons.
42 Miami Kendall Fuller, CB Virginia Tech This is an easy selection for the Dolphins, who have nothing at corner behind Brent Grimes. Fuller has played like a first roudner at times and would be an immediate boost to Miami's pass defense.
43 Los Angeles Will Fuller, WR Notre Dame The Rams need some new wide receivers to spur their passing game. After spending high on niche-receiver Tavon Austin, Fisher drafts the more prototypical wideout in Fuller, who can make plays on both the intermediate and deep routes.
44 Oakland Cody Whitehair, OG Kansas State The Raiders pick up a guard to help solidify their line. Kendall Fuller would have been a good pick here if he were still available.
45 Los Angeles Carson Wentz, QB Nick Foles didn't work out in St. Louis and Case Keenum isn't the answer. I'm not sure Wentz is the answer, either, but they have to try something.
46 Detroit Austin Johnson, DT Penn St After losing Suh, Fairley, and now Ngata in the span of two seasons, Detroit is empty at the defensive tackle position. Johnson is a disruptive player inside and will help rebuild the interior of their defense.
47 New Orleans Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson One of the stars of the college football playoff, Dodd comes in to play opposite Cameron Jordan and help reconvert Dennis Allen's defense to the 4-3 scheme.
48 Indianapolis Shilique Calhoun, OLB Out of position again for an offensive lineman worth the selection, Indianapolis continues to rebuild its pass rush.
49 Buffalo Jayron Kearse, SS Clemson Kearse is the sort of big, intimidating player Ryan likes to have on his dense. Ron Brooks did not give Buffalo what they were looking for at safety, and he will be replaced this offseason with size and speed.
50 Atlanta Jeremy Cash, SS Duke Duke's reliable playmaker on defense is added to help boost Atlanta's shakey defense.
51 NY Jets O.J. Howard, TE Alabama Jace Amaro hasn't worked out, but that doesn't mean the Jets should stop trying at the TE position.
52 Houston Christian Hackenberg, QB Penn State This move reunites Hackenberg with O'Brien from their Penn state days when Hackenberg was a freshman and had his best season.
53 Washington Ryan Kelly, C Alabama The first center comes off the board with the selection of Kelly from Alabama's dominant OL.
54 Minnesota Pharaoh Cooper, WR South Carolina Pharoah Cooper excels at getting open, and Bridgewater excels at finding the open man. This is a good match for the Vikes.
55 Cincinnati Darian Thompson, FS Boise St Both of Cincinnati's starting safeties are hitting free agency this year. Thompson is the first piece in rebuilding their defensive backfield.
56 Seattle Chris Jones, DT Miss State With the aging Mebane and Rubin hitting free agency and Seattle having other spending priorities, the Seahawks nab one of the most powerful and disruptive tackles in the draft in Jones.
57 Green Bay Joshua Perry, LB Ohio State Perry allows Clay Matthews to go back outside to rush the passer, while adding a complete linebacker on the inside. Perry had more success with A-gap blitzing than outside rushing at Ohio State, and is a good fit with his size in a 3-4 alignment.
58 Pittsburgh Connor Cook, QB Michigan State No doubt, the Steelers and disappointed and maybe a little surprised they lost out on all the top-rated safety prospects, so they select Connor Cook to groom as Roethlisberger's successor. Chris Jones would have gotten consideration as well had he made it to this spot.
59 Kansas City Will Redmond, CB Miss State KC had a lot of success with a rookie corner last year in Peters and with Sean Smith leaving and Phillip Gaines mostly an unknown quantity, they will be looking to add to the position.
60 Denver Sheldon Rankins, DL Louisville Denver's offensive line will get a boost with Clady and Sambrailo coming back from injury next year, but they could be replacing two starting defensive linemen. Rankins has shown the ability to play in multiple alignments and is a very good value at this point in the draft, so Denver doubles up.
61 Arizona Scooby Wright III, LB Arizona Arizona adds another playmaker to the interior of their defense in the ultra-productive Wright.
62 Carolina Jerald Hawkins, OT LSU The Panthers get their protector for Newton, something that should have happened last year.
63 New England Zack Sanchez, CB Oklahoma The Patriots use their first pick on a smart, playmaking corner. Sanchez always seemed to make the key plays for the Sooners when they needed one.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jiggins7919
The original mock draft that has us taking Goff and then Doctson is interesting, and definitely a possibility. The problem with that is, we're down our first two picks and we didn't address the defense. As bad as our team was last year, the WORST part was probably our defense. Blame it on scheme, personnel, or coaching, but it was awful for many stretches. I'm not sure we can start the draft by going offense-offense.

Now, if our new scouting department and front office digs into Goff and comes away feeling like he is worthy of the second pick, I'm ok with it. I feel like the people pulling the trigger will do their homework and then some, so if they truly feel like Goff has the stuff, I'll be happy with the selection. Conversely, if we come away feeling like Goff isn't the guy, we need to find the absolute best defender we can and snatch him.

While I occasionally am guilty of it myself.

I don't think you can look at the draft as a whole and say "we need to draft offense/defense" in this round..

You need to separate every pick and make a choice on them by themselves.

For example, Washington traded a crapload for RG3. then turned around and took Cousins in the same draft in the 4th.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Do you like the letter "J?"

ha, I didn't even notice.

BpG #1066623 01/15/16 04:35 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT
2: R1P2
QB JARED GOFF
CALIFORNIA

32: R2P1
WR JOSH DOCTSON
TCU

65: R3P2
OLB NOAH SPENCE
EASTERN KENTUCKY

96: R4P1
OT TYLER MARZ
WISCONSIN

129: R5P2
WR KENNY LAWLER
CALIFORNIA

158: R6P1
C RYAN KELLY
ALABAMA

191: R7P2
CB CYRUS JONES
ALABAMA

#brownsgoodkarma
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Laquon Treadwell WR
2. Noah Spence OLB
3. Cardale Jones QB
4. Maurice Canady CB

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Through 3 Rounds:

1st Round
1 Tennessee Laremy Tunsil, OT Ole Miss
2 Cleveland Jared Goff, QB Cal
3 San Diego Ronnie Stanley, OT Notre Dame
4 Dallas Joey Bosa, DE Ohio State
5 Jacksonville Jalen Ramsey, CB Florida State
6 Baltimore Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss
7 San Francisco Myles Jack, ILB UCLA
8 Miami Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson
9 Tampa Bay Vernon Hargreaves III, CB Florida
10 NY Giants DeForest Buckner, DE Oregon
11 Chicago A'Shawn Robinson, NT Alabama
12 New Orleans Mackensie Alexander, CB Clemson
13 Philadelphia Paxton Lynch, QB Memphis
14 Oakland Emmanuel Ogbah, DE Oklahoma State
15 St. Louis Robert Nkemdiche, DT Ole Miss
16 Detroit Ezekiel Elliot, RB Ohio State
17 Atlanta Reggie Ragland, LB Alabama
18 Indianapolis Jon Allen, DE Alabama
19 Buffalo Jarran Reed, DE Alabama
20 NY Jets Taylor Decker, OT Ohio State
21 Washington Darron Lee, LB Ohio State
22 Green Bay (f/ HOU) Jason Spriggs, OT Indiana
23 Minnesota Jack Conklin, OT Michigan State
24 Cincinnati Jaylon Smith, LB Notre Dame
25 Pittsburgh Eli Apple, CB Ohio State
26 Seattle Leonard Floyd, OLB Georgia
27 Houston (f/ GB) Derrick Henry, RB Alabama
28 Kansas City Shon Coleman, OT Auburn
30 Denver Jonathan Bullard, DE Florida
29 Arizona Noah Spence, OLB Eastern Kentucky
31 Carolina Corey Coleman, WR Baylor

2nd Round
32 Cleveland Josh Doctson, WR TCU
33 Tennessee Kenny Clark, NT UCLA
34 Dallas Andrew Billings, DT Baylor
35 San Diego Michael Thomas, WR Ohio State
36 Baltimore Hunter Henry, TE Arkansas
37 San Francisco Germain Ifedi, OT Texas A&M
38 Jacksonville Su'a Cravens, OLB USC
39 Tampa Bay Vadal Alexander, OG LSU
40 NY Giants Vonn Bell, SS Ohio State
41 Chicago Tyler Boyd, WR Pittsburgh
42 Miami Kendall Fuller, CB Virginia Tech
43 Los Angeles Will Fuller, WR Notre Dame
44 Oakland Cody Whitehair, OG Kansas State
45 Los Angeles Carson Wentz, QB
46 Detroit Austin Johnson, DT Penn St
47 New Orleans Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson
48 Indianapolis Shilique Calhoun, OLB
49 Buffalo Jayron Kearse, SS Clemson
50 Atlanta Jeremy Cash, SS Duke
51 NY Jets O.J. Howard, TE Alabama
52 Houston Christian Hackenberg, QB Penn State
53 Washington Ryan Kelly, C Alabama
54 Minnesota Pharaoh Cooper, WR South Carolina
55 Cincinnati Darian Thompson, FS Boise St
56 Seattle Chris Jones, DT Miss State
57 Green Bay Joshua Perry, LB Ohio State
58 Pittsburgh Connor Cook, QB Michigan State
59 Kansas City Will Redmond, CB Miss State
60 Denver Sheldon Rankins, DL Louisville
61 Arizona Scooby Wright III, LB Arizona
62 Carolina Jerald Hawkins, OT LSU
63 New England Zack Sanchez, CB Oklahoma

3rd Round
64 Tennessee Titans Rashard Robinson, CB LSU
65 Cleveland Browns Carl Nassib, DE Penn State
66 San Diego Chargers Nick Martin, C Notre Dame
67 Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott, QB Miss St
68 San Francisco 49ers William Jackson, CB Houston
69 Jacksonville Jaguars Spencer Drango, OL Baylor
70 Baltimore Ravens Jordan Jenkins, OLB Georgia
71 New York Giants Alex Collins, RB Arkansas
72 Chicago Bears Adolphus Washington, DE Ohio State
73 Miami Dolphins Kentrell Brothers, LB Missouri
74 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Bronson Kaufusi, DE BYU
75 Oakland Raiders Jalen Mills, S LSU
76 Los Angeles Rams John Theus, OT Gerogia
77 Philadelphia Eagles Artie Burns, CB Miami
78 New Orleans Saints Eric Striker, LB LSU
79 Philadelphia Eagles Landon Turner, OG North Carolina
80 Buffalo Bills Sterling Shepard, WR Oklahoma
81 Atlanta Falcons Austin Hooper, TE Stanford
82 Indianapolis Colts Kyle Murphy, OT Stanford
83 New York Jets Kenneth Dixon, RB Louisiana Tech
84 Washington Redskins Leonte Carroo, WR Rutgers
85 Houston Texans Deion Jones, LB LSU
86 Minnesota Vikings Dominique Alexander, LB Oklahoma
87 Cincinnati Bengals Rashard Higgins, WR Colorado
88 Houston Texans (f/ GB) Vernon Butler, DL Louisiana Tech
89 Pittsburgh Steelers Roberto Aguayo, K Florida State
90 Seattle Seahawks De'Runnya Wilson, WR Miss St
91 Kansas City Tyler Matakevich, LB Temple
92 Denver Devontae Booker, RB Utah
93 Arizona Nick Vannett, TE Ohio State
94 Carolina Karl Joseph, SS West Virginia
95 New England Paul Perkins, RB UCLA
96 Detroit* Shawn Oakman, DE Baylor
97 New England* Roger Lewis, WR Bowling Green
98 Seattle* Xavien Howard, CB Baylor
99 Denver* DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS William & Mary

P
Legend
Legend
P
l would take Thomas over Doctson, I think he is more pro ready ... but I love Goff and Nassib JMHO thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Based on your current overall Mock.

I would take Treadwell at 2, either Kendall Fuller or Calhoun at 32, and Dak Prescott in the 3rd.

And while I know he'd struggling. I would consider starting Dak from the start, assuming he can grasp the playbook.

I just really want Treadwell.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: ddubia

That is how the draft nicks do Mock Drafts...think even yourself as we play our little games and do a board mock draft. In most cases first thing we do is go to a site and check out their NEEDS for the team you end up representing. We make our picks for that team via need.

They should do a mock based solely on BPA off of a big board that they make.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That would be a draft I'd like. I'd definitely struggle on a decision at 100 in this current mock.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Based on your current overall Mock.

I would take Treadwell at 2, either Kendall Fuller or Calhoun at 32, and Dak Prescott in the 3rd.

And while I know he'd struggling. I would consider starting Dak from the start, assuming he can grasp the playbook.

I just really want Treadwell.

I absolutely love Treadwell and Calhoun

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Making this up as I type. I am going of Clevesteve's mock only considering players available at each pick. I am not looking at players available at later picks to influence my earlier picks. This really easy to do to make a mock look better but in a real draft you don't know who is/isn't going to betaken between your picks.

Round 1 - Treadwell wr Mississippi

Big strong Wr. Has great hands and gets after the ball. Will really improve our running game because he is such a good downfield blocker. I would bet we sign either Jones or Sanu in free agency. Add these 2 receivers and get Gordon back, we go from bottom 3 wr corp to top 1/3 wr corp.

Round 2 - Dodd DE Clemson

This pick is affected by 2 things. 1st, it is predicated on a change to a 43 defense. If we stick with a 34 than this pick isn't going to work. The other is the assumption that we bring in a young Qb that is already in the NFL. McCarron, Hundley, I don't know who but someone Hue likes. Otherwise I give serious consideration to Connor Cook. He stunk it up against Alabama but I truly believe (without any evidence) that his shoulder injury was still affecting him. We need to make sure this has healed and we need to look into his personality issues.

Round 3 - Striker Olb Oklahoma

I really like the Nassib pick that steve made. I din't think he would be available with this pick and I took Dodd in the 2nd. Knowing he is here I might have gone with Cook and come back with Nassib. I was hoping to pick up Ryan Kelly the center from Alabama but unfortunately he went a 12 picks earlier. if used correctly, I think Striker can be a dynamic playmaker. I think this pick only works if we are playing a 43. I used that as the premise for the Dodd pick so I am staying consistent in this draft. Perhaps I will try another mock with the assumption that we stick with a 34. The other player I would consider here is Murphy OT Stanford. If Schwartz decides to leave in free agency then we need to replace him either in free agency or the draft.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I read previously that Jackson likes big,strong running backs, not sure if this even true but if so, I wonder how tempting Derrick Henry will be if he is still there at 32? Maybe trade down, pick up a few extra picks and go Treadwell and Henry 1-2, not saying I want us to draft Henry but this would be interesting.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Bernard is not a big back.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I went into this mock with my previous thought process in mind. A trade down with the Rams from number 2 to number 15 for an additional 2nd and 3rd. Although it doesn't seem that Treadwell would drop to 15.

Round 1 Pick 15 (L.A.): Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama (B+)
Round 2 Pick 12 (L.A.): Su'a Cravens, OLB/SS, Southern California (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (L.A.): Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 1: Eric Striker, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 5 Pick 2: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (B+)
Round 7 Pick 2: Jordan Walsh, OG, Iowa (B)

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Jeremy Hill is. Not sure how the two fit in with when they were drafted compared to when Jackson became OC for the Bengals but they seemed to favor Hill.

Legend
Legend
I don't envision Treadwell making it past 6.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A what if ?

The Browns don't reach a deal with Schwartz .. Dallas moves up to number one and takes your QB ,would you consider taking Tunsil at number two ??

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
A what if ?

The Browns don't reach a deal with Schwartz .. Dallas moves up to number one and takes your QB ,would you consider taking Tunsil at number two ??

No. You take Bosa or Treadwell.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Not knowing what direction Cleveland is going. Way I see it they can do one of four options:

1. Continue building a dominate secondary similar to Seattle.

2. Continue building a dominate DL creating a multi-package hybrid front seven. Or, add a pass rusher DE creating your traditional 4-3.

3. Adding 1-2 receivers making the offensive a lot more multi dimensional.

4. Adding the traditional QB one builds a franchise around.

In this draft, one can make a strong argument for all four options. I'm not sure there is super talent in this draft that makes one of these choices obvious. One thing I do know Browns can choose from any one.

Tennessee is in a strong position. They can easily take a OT. Trade down still getting their OT. Take Bosa. I assume they take Bosa. Not sure there is any one individual in this draft worth trading up to get the first pick.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Who is the GM for the Browns? I wonder if the Browns know which direction they are going other than in circles?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Who is the GM for the Browns? I wonder if the Browns know which direction they are going other than in circles?

Yea, good question. I am still wondering how this league of commanders will even handle draft day let alone drafting!!

All this sounds so good on paper....but!!!!

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Mock offseason:

I used the Fanspeak Free Agency and Draft for this. So obviously some of it is unrealistic but some is reasonable. If half of this happened in real life I would be excited. I also drafted with the Browns doing a 4-3 in mind.

(4) Resign: OL Mitchell Schwartz, ILB Tank Carder, OLB Craig Robertson, S Johnson Bademosi
(14) Don’t Resign: RB Daryl Richardson, FB Malcolm Johnson, RB Raheem Mostert, WR Travis Benjamin, WR Terrelle Pryor, WR Rannell Hall, OL Darrian Miller, OL Austin Pasztor, DE Jamie Meder, LB Scott Solomon, S Tashaun Gipson, S Don Jones, K Travis Coons
(10) Cut: QB Jonny Manziel (trade if possible) QB Connor Shaw, WR Dwayne Bowe, WR Taylor Gabriel, WR Marlon Moore, TE Randall Tellfer, DT Randy Starks, LB Paul Kruger, S Jordan Poyer, CB Tramon Williams,
(6) Sign: RB LeGarrett Blount, WR Alshon Jeffery, DE Bruce Irvin, OLB Mychal Kendricks, CB Janoris Jenkins, S Will Hill, K Mason Crosby

Draft:
2: R1P2 DE JOEY BOSA OHIO STATE
32: R2P1 QB CONNOR COOK MICHIGAN STATE
65: R3P2 WR JOSH DOCTSON TCU
96: R4P1 OLB ERIC STRIKER OKLAHOMA
129: R5P2 WR BRAXTON MILLER OHIO STATE
158: R6P1 TE JAKE MCGEE FLORIDA
191: R7P2 FB DEREK WATT WISCONSIN

Depth Chart:

QB: Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Connor Cook (3)
RB: LeGarrett Blount, Duke Johnson, Isaiah Crowell (3)
FB: Derek Watt (1)
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Josh Gordon, Brian Hartline, Andrew Hawkins, Josh Docston, Braxton Miller (6)
TE: Gary Barnidge, E. J. Bibbs, Jim Dray, Jake McGee(4)
OL: Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, Alex Mack, John Greco , Mitchell Schwartz, Michael Bowie, Cameron Erving, (7)
DE: Joey Bosa, Bruce Irvin, Armonty Bryant, Nate Orchard (4)
DT: Desmond Bryant, Danny Shelton, John Hughes, Xavier Cooper (4)
MLB: Karlos Dansby¸ Christian Kirksey, Tank Carder (3)
OLB: Mychal Kendricks, Barkevious Mingo, Craig Robertson, Erik Striker (4)
CB: Joe Haden, Janoris Jenkins, K'Waun Williams, Pierre Desir, Charles Gaines, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Justin Gilbert (7)
S: Donte Whitner, Will Hill, Ibraheim Campbell, Johnson Bademosi (4)

Special teams (3)
Charley Hughlett LS
Andy Lee P
Mason Crosby K

Total-53

Last edited by Browns26; 01/16/16 07:34 PM.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: bugs
Not knowing what direction Cleveland is going. Way I see it they can do one of four options:

1. Continue building a dominate secondary similar to Seattle.

2. Continue building a dominate DL creating a multi-package hybrid front seven. Or, add a pass rusher DE creating your traditional 4-3.

3. Adding 1-2 receivers making the offensive a lot more multi dimensional.

4. Adding the traditional QB one builds a franchise around.

Good breakdown of the options. I like options 1 and 2 the most. I think if a good enough defense is made then Hue Jackson can get the offense to be competitive and add the playmakers on the offense bit by bit.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season 2016 NFL Draft Mock Drafts Pt. II

Link Copied to Clipboard