Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1063902 01/10/16 01:51 PM
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Watch: Cincinnati Bengals fans throw bottles at Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger as he's carted off field

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger took a hard hit in the third quarter of the AFC Wild Card round against the Cincinnati Bengals.

The quarterback was carted off the field with that was being called a right shoulder injury.

As Roethlisberger rode out of the stadium, fans at Paul Brown Stadium chucked objects at him. A bottle was clearly shown by CBS' broadcast to hit the cart transporting Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger had helped the Steelers to a 15-0 lead.

Check out the unruly behavior in the video below.

Please be nice to Ben Roethlisberger, he is just trying to play football. https://t.co/PMlCkqMmcd pic.twitter.com/3HZRHoCbAP

It's becoming a hostile environment in Cincinnati, with tempers flaring up on both sides. There have been some questionable incidents and neither side is thrilled with the other. It's extended to the stands, where things got a bit ugly after Ben Roethlisberger got injured.

There were cheers after Roethlisberger got injured and at least one fan threw something at the Pittsburgh quarterback as he was being carted back to the locker room.

That's just one of several incidents. The Bengals were unhappy with a hit on Giovani Bernard while Pittsburgh coach Mike Munchak shoved a Bengals player on the sideline.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
They were throwing trash on the field too.I better never ever hear another bungal fan say anything about us throwing stuff on the field.......Don't feel so good when you get screwed and it costs you a playoff game does it.....Our game with the Jaguars that year cost us a playoff spot too.

1st String
1st String
The article says "at least one fan threw something? What out of 50,000 fans? The video shows only one empty beer can hitting the back of the cart. The main difference is that your Cleveland Bottlegate involved glass bottles & those smart, everything now is plastic bottles. I don't condone throwing stuff onto the field but this story seems a bit overblown.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Medmann

this story seems a bit overblown.

Like the team it was about! One and done 7 times good grief...

Legend
Legend
pssttt Methman you just failed another test. Those were plastic bottles in Cleveland not glass ones.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The article says "at least one fan threw something? What out of 50,000 fans? The video shows only one empty beer can hitting the back of the cart. The main difference is that your Cleveland Bottlegate involved glass bottles & those smart, everything now is plastic bottles. I don't condone throwing stuff onto the field but this story seems a bit overblown.

And add this to your bottle gate quite a CLASSY GROUP...

Originally Posted By: Vambo
Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record

Link

Emotions ran high on the field and in the stands during the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers Wild-Card game Saturday night, leading to at least six fan arrests by the game's end.

The rivalry between the two teams reached a boiling point in Saturday's game that concluded the Bengals' playoff dreams with a 18-16 loss. That tension extended to some fans who chose to take out frustrations with punches, headbutts, and one man even urinated on another inside Paul Brown Stadium, according to police. In total, three Bengals fans and three Steelers fans were arrested.

More arrests were made during Saturday's game than during typical home Bengals games, said Cincinnati Police Captain Mike Neville.

"This was an anomaly compared to what we’ve seen in the past," Neville said, adding that a typical Bengals game sees two or three arrests, usually for disorderly conduct. "We know that certain games would bring intensity into the stadium and we prepare for that."

More officers were assigned to patrol Downtown and the stadium in the hours before, during and after the game, he said. Police expected increased activity due to the heated rivalry between the two teams and the significant number of out-of-town visitors.

There were other disorderly conduct arrests made Downtown between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. but no felonies or critical incidents occurred that were linked back to the football game, Neville said.

"We know that we were going to have tens of thousands of people floating around Downtown that night so we prepared for that too," Neville said, adding that some officers worked overtime in the hours after the game.

"We don't go home just because the game is over. We had the incidents in the stadium. We had minimal incidents outside throughout the night, so we feel comfortable with saying that that was a success."

Four people have been arrested by Cincinnati police for incidents inside and surrounding Paul Brown Stadium during Bengals-Steelers games since 2010, according to police data. Two of those arrests were for disorderly conduct during a November 2010 game.

A man was arrested in Dec. 2014 on charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest, according Cincinnati police. A woman was arrested at the same game on charges of criminal trespass and resisting arrest.

The first altercation Saturday occurred in a line to get inside the stadium around 8 p.m., just before kickoff. Police said it began when Jared McCarty, 19, of Reading, argued with a woman about cutting in line at an entrance gate and stole her Bengals hat.

McCarty, who wore a Bengals jersey, threw the hat away, police said, and the two groups separated only to run into each other again at their seats inside the stadium. The argument resumed in the stands and McCarty allegedly punched the woman in the head, causing her to fall to the ground, according to court documents.

Police discovered a fake identification card on McCarty upon his arrest. The teen admitted to drinking alcohol, police said.

McCarty is accused of falsification, underage drinking, theft, and assault. He was arraigned Monday and released on a $3,000 bond. The court also ordered him to stay away from and have no contact with the woman he's accused of assaulting, according to court documents.

A Steelers fan who traveled from Westville, Indiana, is accused of punching a woman in the face as he exited Paul Brown Stadium around 10 p.m. Tyler Matthys wore a Steelers jersey when police arrested him and accused him of the assault. His court date is not yet scheduled.

Martin Cooke, 33, of Germantown, Kentucky, was arrested after police said he urinated on the person in front of him in Paul Brown Stadium. Cooke, who wore a Bengals hoodie, is accused of fighting with the man and punching him in the face, court documents state. He is facing disorderly conduct and assault charges. Cooke was arraigned Monday and released on a $2,000 bond, according to court documents.

Police said David Grillo, 25, of Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, walked up an aisle in the stadium and threw a beer at a fan during the game. Grillo was wearing a black jersey at the time, police said, and his Facebook page indicates he is a Steelers fan. The beer hit the fan in the face and caused lacerations, police said. Grillo is accused of assault. His court date is not yet scheduled.

A Cheviot man who wore a black shirt to the game, is accused of head-butting a man in the face. Phillip Ross, 29, was arrested at Paul Brown Stadium and is accused of assault. His Facebook page suggests Ross is a Bengals fan.

Andrew Robles, 28, of Allentown, Pennsylvania, was being ejected from the game for an unknown reason when, police said, he escaped officers and punched a woman in the face. Robles, who wore a Steelers jersey, is accused of assault. He was arraigned Monday and released on a $10,000 bond. The court also ordered him to stay away from and have no contact with the woman he's accused of assaulting, according to court documents.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
KDKA’s Rich Walsh reports that the crowd in Cincinnati was warned to stop throwing objects onto the field and calm down.

CBS Sports announcers reported that Bengals fans were cheering his injury.

Former Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick took to Twitter to talk about his experiences while playing in Cincinnati.

Brian Billick
✔
@CoachBillick

Was always nervous for my family to wear #Ravens gear to games in Cleveland but they actually had more negative experiences with Cincy fans.
10:55 PM - 9 Jan 2016

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
there's no excuse for either act - by the Browns fans way back then or by the Bengals fans recently. Throwing objects on the field, cheering an injury, it's absolutely classless.

#gmstrong
M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
there's no excuse for either act - by the Browns fans way back then or by the Bengals fans recently. Throwing objects on the field, cheering an injury, it's absolutely classless.
Agreed thumbsup

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

You left out all the Steeler fans there as well. thumbsup it's absolutely classless.

Steeler fans punching women in the face, see that's what you get for cheering women abusers who play for the Steelers.it's absolutely classless. tsktsk

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Vambo - Steelers fans were not blameless either in Cinci, I'll grant you that. Definitely classless behavior. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest of your post

#gmstrong
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Vambo -

We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest of your post

If you choose to to a blind head to the truth that's on you. saywhat

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Vambo - Steelers fans were not blameless either in Cinci, I'll grant you that. Definitely classless behavior. We'll have to agree to disagree on the rest of your post

I really must point out how classless it is for a coach to step on the field to impede a score from the opposition, to support a "classless" individual who abuses women and to begin fights prior to games in an effort to raise the ire of the opposition.

Those who live in glass houses.........hopefully you know the rest.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Well 46,000 of the people at the game were probably Steeler fans anyways.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Predicting the players who could fall victim to automatic-ejection rule

automatic-ejection rule

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell proposal that would require automatic ejections for players who commit multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in a game was approved Wednesday at the owners meetings in Boca Raton, Florida. Here are a few players who could fall victim to the ejection rule:

Cincinnati Bengals: Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones. The Bengals repeatedly have said this offseason they’ve learned from the personal fouls Burfict and Jones received late in January’s wild-card round loss to Pittsburgh. That remains to be seen, but the two players go into 2016 knowing they’ll have big targets on their backs. At times this offseason, Jones and Burfict have jokingly referred to themselves as “America’s most wanted.” Because of the multiple player-safety violations he’s had in his career and because of the line-toeing intensity with which he plays, Burfict could be a victim of Goodell’s proposal. -- Coley Harvey

Pittsburgh Steelers: Ramon Foster. He loves to mix it up with the Bengals. He seems to get at least one personal-foul penalty when they play. The Bengals like to goad the Steelers with after-the-whistle hits. Sometimes Foster engages them with a few blows of his own. That could get him in trouble this season. -- Jeremy Fowler

M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Predicting the players who could fall victim to automatic-ejection rule

automatic-ejection rule

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell proposal that would require automatic ejections for players who commit multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in a game was approved Wednesday at the owners meetings in Boca Raton, Florida. Here are a few players who could fall victim to the ejection rule:

Cincinnati Bengals: Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones. The Bengals repeatedly have said this offseason they’ve learned from the personal fouls Burfict and Jones received late in January’s wild-card round loss to Pittsburgh. That remains to be seen, but the two players go into 2016 knowing they’ll have big targets on their backs. At times this offseason, Jones and Burfict have jokingly referred to themselves as “America’s most wanted.” Because of the multiple player-safety violations he’s had in his career and because of the line-toeing intensity with which he plays, Burfict could be a victim of Goodell’s proposal. -- Coley Harvey

Pittsburgh Steelers: Ramon Foster. He loves to mix it up with the Bengals. He seems to get at least one personal-foul penalty when they play. The Bengals like to goad the Steelers with after-the-whistle hits. Sometimes Foster engages them with a few blows of his own. That could get him in trouble this season. -- Jeremy Fowler
I'm guessing Browns fans would love to have Burfict and Jones on their team. They have both been responsible for plays that have contributed to more wins for the Bengals than losses. Are they dirty players? Yes they are. But they play with a passion that the Browns are lacking. I can't wait to see Burfict get his hands on RG3. He'll break that skinny twig in two. What was Hugh thinking bringing that weakling into the AFC North? Between the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens he's going to get pulverized.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mickeycat

I'm guessing Browns fans would love to have Burfict and Jones on their team.
They have both been responsible for plays that have contributed to more wins for the Bengals than losses.

Are they dirty players? Yes they are.

But they accounted for the ONE LOSS that hurt the MOST the PLAYOFF game. So basically all the other games WON were POINTLESS! tsktsk

Don't like dirty players and if I had my way the Browns would not have any. Winning by cheating is no way to win. thumbsup

M
2nd String
2nd String
M
Originally Posted By: mickeycat

I'm guessing Browns fans would love to have Burfict and Jones on their team.
They have both been responsible for plays that have contributed to more wins for the Bengals than losses.

Are they dirty players? Yes they are.

But they accounted for the ONE LOSS that hurt the MOST the PLAYOFF game. So basically all the other games WON were POINTLESS! tsktsk

Don't like dirty players and if I had my way the Browns would not have any. Winning by cheating is no way to win. thumbsup
Maybe, Mr. Goody Two Shoes, that's why the Browns are picking number 2.............again. And why they are always last in power rankings. And why they get all the pub, but it's only because they are so bad. And why all their good players are jumping ship. You guys are lucky that you got Hue. I think and hope he turns you guys into a winner. How awesome would it be if the AFC North was THE conference in the NFL? I don't think the Ravens will stay down for long. So c'mon Browns, I'm pulling for ya.

Legend
Legend
pppsssttt be careful what your pullin there. That's not my leg shocked

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Bungles Bottlegate

Link Copied to Clipboard