Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1072181 01/29/16 10:53 AM
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I read this on another forum is it true does anyone know?

"I have the debate recording on my DVR to watch later.

I watched Trump's event on CNN.

CNN mentioned that only FOX News had the rights to broadcast the debate.

They mentioned because of that, all 3 Iowa broadcast networks had decided to air Trump's event live and that all of Iowa would be watching Trump on the 3 local affiliates. Trump is a genius.

They also mentioned that Santorum and Huckabee appearing onstage with Trump, standing at a podium emblazoned with Trump's name is going to bring support to Trump with him standing onstage with the previous two Iowa winners who when they drop out will not endorse Cruz".

and how about this..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...apologized.html

Last edited by FBHO71; 01/29/16 10:59 AM.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I watched Trump's event on CNN.

CNN mentioned that only FOX News had the rights to broadcast the debate.

They mentioned because of that, all 3 Iowa broadcast networks had decided to air Trump's event live and that all of Iowa would be watching Trump on the 3 local affiliates. Trump is a genius.

I cannot find anything about this on the internet and I would assume it would be big news...

But since we are discussing rumors.. I saw one that if you went to the webpage to donate the troops as the Trump event requested, it directed you to Trump's foundation and not to a veterans organization...

Oh how the rumors fly around.. it's like a reasonable person just doesn't have time to go backcheck ALL OF THEM to see if they are true or not.

yebat' Putin
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Yeah I thought it was a little goofy...but the poster I took that from is a pretty straight up person and isnt a Trump supporter so IDK..DC...I was hoping someone here knew if it was true.

FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:
I saw one that if you went to the webpage to donate the troops as the Trump event requested, it directed you to Trump's foundation and not to a veterans organization.

This is all I could find on that..

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/MILITARY_CHARITIES_SHEET_FOR_MR._TRUMP.pdf

So its going through his foundation but this is who is getting the money??

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Quote:
I saw one that if you went to the webpage to donate the troops as the Trump event requested, it directed you to Trump's foundation and not to a veterans organization.

This is all I could find on that..

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/MILITARY_CHARITIES_SHEET_FOR_MR._TRUMP.pdf

So its going through his foundation but this is who is getting the money??

That was my first thought, that the donation was to Trump foundation then he would forward the donation to veterans groups... that way he could tout how much money his event raised..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Oh and for the other rumor.. I have to admit, I bet CNN was absolutely giddy at the chance to run the Trump event last night, knowing how many traditional Fox viewers would be watching CNN, WHILE Fox was airing a republican debate.

yebat' Putin
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Oh no doubt on both of your posts DC...I used to watch Fox I just cant stand them anymore...I try to just read from varying sources and try to sort through the garbage and in the end go with what I think is closest to what I believe is truth.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And...WOW! Didn't Fiorina let FOX and Megyn Kelly have it on the question of Santorum's abortion stance?

I switched back and forth but watched CNN mostly. Debate was same ol' same ol'. Afterall, this is the seventh one.

Dems have had..what..three?

CNN made the most of this situation. What were the ratings? Anyone hear?

I nominate Clem for President. Maybe then, we can all get on board with someone who can really turn this thing around. :-)

#gmstrong
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I like Clem but what Ive read of his stuff he is just a little to the left for me...other opinions may vary.

And youre right..the debate showed why Trump is leading..hell Ive read polls Trump won the debate and he didnt even show up rofl

Man we are in crazy times...

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Crazy and scary times, for sure. Did you hear about ratings? I wonder how bad this hurt FOX.

Trump does win, even when he does nothing. Strange phenomenon. CNN post Trump event discussion suggests that libs really do not get it. They were puzzled/angry that this was " out of the ordinary", "a diversion of the norm", "just not good politics".

I submit to them that this is exactly the point. People are fed up with the norm, politics as usual and what is defined as good politics. This is exactly why Trump is surging, he exemplifies everything that politics is not. Conservative voters like that! Good or bad for the country, I don't know. We may well find out.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I tried to watch the debate, but just played call of duty instead.

They talked about war like a video game anyway, so I'm getting my foreign policy experience from there.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: Swish
I tried to watch the debate, but just played call of duty instead.

They talked about war like a video game anyway, so I'm getting my foreign policy experience from there.

Especially Cruz. He was like a kid in a call of duty special ops game. He scares me.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I like Clem but what Ive read of his stuff he is just a little to the left for me...other opinions may vary.

Individually, Clem is left of me as well but he is a thoughtful dude who will listen to other opinions and try to work toward a reasonable conclusion. Unfortunately he has far too much common sense to want to be President.

yebat' Putin
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I wish I could argue that point but I cant...I wanted my sons to go to school instead of the service...but it wasnt going to happen when they wouldve been the only male on FBHO71's side who wouldnt have served.

One is in a non-deployable MOS the other is not...neither are a few of my nephews...and the thought of them dying for some of the bull this country gets into bothers me.

Cruz man the more this goes on the less and less I like the guy and I have no rational for saying that...he is just bothering me...and he kind of reminds me of someone who got the crap kicked out themselves in their youth and he gets a little perceived power and now he wants to be the little tough guy.

IDK I could be off on that but the guy is just coming across funny to me right now.

I also think the rep. nominees messed up all ganging up on Trump...should just stick to the issues and their plans and point out the lack of details Trump has laid out to this point....instead of making it all about Trump..JMHO

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I also think the rep. nominees messed up all ganging up on Trump...should just stick to the issues and their plans and point out the lack of details Trump has laid out to this point....instead of making it all about Trump..JMHO

I agree. They allowed Trump to dominate both networks at the same time..

yebat' Putin
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

I agree. They allowed Trump to dominate both networks at the same time..

Isnt that the truth...Trump isnt stupid I'll give him that much..he knows how to keep the spotlight on himself.

Legend
Legend
Our military is suppose to be used as a last resort, not used like we're kicking out drunk chicks in a night club.

We went from defending the country, to being glorified mercenaries.

As far as national security rhetoric republicans keep using, I'm wondering why we are so happy to use military action in the Middle East, yet they never talk about military action in central/South America, as these drug cartels have cause more harm, destruction and death than any Muslim terrorist group could hope to cause.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:
As far as national security rhetoric republicans keep using, I'm wondering why we are so happy to use military action in the Middle East, yet they never talk about military action in central/South America, as these drug cartels have cause more harm, destruction and death than any Muslim terrorist group could hope to cause.

I dont have long...but why do you think that is?? I have an opinion/idea but would like to hear yours...

Legend
Legend
If I told you mind theory, you'd probabaly tell me to that my tin foil hat is on too tight.

- Theodore Roosevelt
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
thats funny that is exactly what I thought you'd think of my reason rofl Thanks for the laugh man..honestly that stuff was funny.

Have a great night Swish, and everyone else...maybe PM it to me and we can share tinfoil ideas.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Trump is a genius.

Ewwww Boy.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
And now this! lol

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
And now this!

Check out Swish's " they finally got her" thread

Didn't see a reason to link it again

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Last edited by Swish; 01/29/16 08:32 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Man this was funny! grin

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
Trump is a genius.

Ewwww Boy.

Those wasnt my words but if your saying what he pulled off with this last debate thing isnt genius...or he is a dumbass or whatever ewwww boy means...well I sure would like to be as stupid as he is...

FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Yeah I wish Trump would leave that stuff alone its dumb.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
[quote]Quote:
At this point were choosing between the puppet and the puppeteer.

GMDawg quote from previous Trump thread:
I have to disagree Swish. At this point we have to choose between an ass and a bigger ass. Just like we have had to do for years. banghead
/quote]

I didn't know you were running!

GM for president! grin

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
I'm not. If I was I would have said biggest ass thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Right on brother! wink

my two cents...
Legend
Legend
Word on the street is the GOP debate crushed trumps debate in ratings.

- Theodore Roosevelt
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I honestly havent saw anything except something saying it didnt hurt Trump in anyway...I wish it would hurry up and get here..the actual voting that is.

Legend
Legend
Oh I'm sure it didn't hurt him at all. He still managed to get more publicity out of it. He definitely won the debate that night without even having to show up.

I just wished it got more ratings for the wounded warrior project. I donated 100 bucks last night.

- Theodore Roosevelt
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I didnt donate only because I donate monthly and figured they get enough from me...good for you donating, I'm not surprised in the least that you did.

Legend
Legend
We gotta take care of our brothers and sisters.

Remember being active, and like ever 3 months the commander would stand in formation and "voluntell" people to fill out the slip to donate to whatever charity?

It was either the wounded warrior project or something with kids and cancer.

And the. It turned into the kids in Africa stuff. Sarah mcgouchlin(spell check) use to have me teared up over that mess at 1am.

- Theodore Roosevelt
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Quote:
voluntell

Yes the good old days...I will never give to United Way for those voluntell reasons...idk why it just rubbed me wrong...I do donate a ton though to other charity orgs

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Our Wounded Warriors need the money and the assistance no matter how they get it, but something about the way Trump went about it doesn't sit well with me. I mean, he bows out of the debate because he thinks Meghan Kelly wouldn't be nice to him, and then decides to do the event the same time as the debate to cover the fact that he wasn't there... basically using the Vets as a human shield against any political attacks. I mean if the event was truky for the Vets, he could have done it the day before, the day after, or earlier in the day before the debate.

I just don't like when politicians play the "I support the Troops" card to cover their asses on other issues. It also really bothered me when he played the 9/11 card at the last debate.

Come election day ideally I'll vote Libertarian, but the movement right now includes too many anarchists. I'll probably end up voting Trump if he is the last man standing, but I'll be under no belief that he'll stick it to the Dems like so many of his supporters assume he'll do. Soething about this guy tells me he'll be just as if not more authoritarian than Obama has tried to be, and his "deal making" with Congress will resemble the style of Boehner and McConnell.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
To be fair on trump, he's been preaching taking care of vets since day 1. I gotta give him credit for that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
FBHO71 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
To be fair on trump, he's been preaching taking care of vets since day 1. I gotta give him credit for that.

Yeah I have to agree...there a lot of things to bash him on but this isnt one.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Trump thread pt 2...

Link Copied to Clipboard