Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1073662 02/02/16 05:12 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So I'm a victim to this PS4 auto-eject bug, and I'm very very disappointed in how Sony has handled this.

About a week ago I started to have the problem where my system would automatically eject my games. Normally this would only happen when the system was in rest mode or if the game was paused. I thought it might be a problem with Metal Gear Solid 5, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Basically, the eject button on my PS4 keeps thinking it's being tapped and ejecting the game. It's all in an inherent design flaw that came from the PS4 design itself.

I've owned the system for 17 months, and Sony is trying to make me pay 150$ to fix the thing after their troubleshooting techniques failed. I'm sooo disappointed in them right now (as someone who has owned a ps2, ps3, vita, and Vaio laptop, I feel that any appreciation for their customers is gone).

Techniques I've used to fix the console
1) Unplugging, waiting three minutes, then replugging in
2) Opening the case (not the system, so expired-warranty wouldn't be damaged) and tightening the auto-eject screw
3) Removing the rubber piece next to the eject button
4) Putting the system on top of aluminum foil

Currently I have the system on top of two dvd boxes. We shall see if that works.

Everything I'm reading is talking about static-accumulation being the problem. My system isn't dusty though.

If this doesn't solve the issue, my next plan is to open the system up and try to find some golden ribbon which is basically attached to the eject button. I plan to disable it with electrical tape. This would make the button worthless, but I can eject games through the system software itself.

I could also pay my local computer repair store 50-100$ to fix the thing.

Has anyone had this problem and have any other tricks?

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I definitely wouldn't put it on aluminum foil if it's a suspected static issue. I'd be more likely to try putting it on an insulator like a rubber mat. Lack of dust doesn't necessarily indicate a lack of static electricity if you keep a clean house. You might try shorting the eject button "circuitry"/wiring to another piece of metal outside of the PS4 with everything turned off (and potentially unplugged) to try to dissipate any stray voltage, but I'm not sure if I'd try this route without a thorough look at the schematics.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Wow this is scary to me. The other day my Battlefront game was ejected and I swore I turned off the PS4. I wonder if I had accidentally put it in rest mode.

I blamed it on my cat (he frequently will turn the PS4 on via the controller and he swipes my Kindle to get passed the lock screen. I swear the next he'll be doing is charging my credit card lol).

I'll keep an eye on this thread. It sucked because the game was ejected but I could hear the motor running as-if it was trying to still eject the game, or insert it so who knows how long it was running/operating for no reason. It's happened just once.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 02/02/16 06:17 PM.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Wow this is scary to me. The other day my Battlefront game was ejected and I swore I turned off the PS4. I wonder if I had accidentally put it in rest mode.

I blamed it on my cat (he frequently will turn the PS4 on via the controller and he swipes my Kindle to get passed the lock screen. I swear the next he'll be doing is charging my credit card lol).

I'll keep an eye on this thread. It sucked because the game was ejected but I could hear the motor running as-if it was trying to still eject the game, or insert it so who knows how long it was running/operating for no reason. It's happened just once.

My best buddy seemed to fix it by doing the 3 minute with the power off (to eliminate stray static or something)

It just didn't work for me.

lol, the aluminum foil thing definitely didn't work. It just started making things go haywire, so far, the system on two game cases is working. But that won't work when I go back to work on the tugboat (where it can be like living in a funhouse). With that I'll have to come up with some sort of new engineered marvel.

Luckily I have a highly paid engineer at my disposal that knows nothing about videogames, but likes to fiddle with stuff. I fix his computers and he helps me with my problems (as I'm not extremely handy unfortunately).

He fixed my PS4 controller (anyone that has a trigger issue, send me a msg). I think he can disconnect the button or we can come up with some sort of case made out of wood (sanded and painted of course).

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming PS4 Auto-Eject Issue

Link Copied to Clipboard