Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Kyrie and Lebron have been awful shooting 3's this year, no idea why.

Lebron's bad outside shooting stems all the way back from the playoffs last year.

When he launches from 3 I have no confidence in his shot.

if you made a drinking game with everytime fred says "Lebron for 3....off the back of the rim" you'd be completely hammered..lebron has one skill, driving to the rim, thats why his career will be shorter. Or I should say his relevance will be shorter compared to MJ. MJ could shoot, as he got older developed a more consistent deep ball and learned how to post up. Lebron refuses to work on his game in that way, or he's just not capable. But everytime he shoots, it was the same feeling I'd get when DA would drop back to pass

You're starting to see teams back off when he shoots. He's never going to be among the top 3pt guys in the league, but he was much better than he is right now. That's what made him so tough to guard because his shot used to keep a defender honest, and now they just play the dribble drive.

It's not even shot selection. There is something physically wrong with his shot.

His form is probably some of the worst I've seen.. he leans either right or back on his shots, he rarely goes straight up through the shoulders..it's amazing coaching hasn't seen it on film.

That's why he is a horrible free throw shooter. He is always leaning back and off center. It still amazes me how professional basketball players can be such atrocious shooters from the charity stripe. As a high school basketball player, I averaged 93% over the four years. Of course, I shoot 100-200 every night in the dark. It's muscle memory for crissake!! These guys should be able to do it with their eyes closed...

#gmstrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is a quote from LeBron:

Quote:
"I could care less about what I shoot from the 3," James snapped. "It's not my game."

Full article here: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/02/lebron_james_i_could_care_less.html

For a guy who says the 3 is not his game............he sure takes a lot of them.

Legend
Legend
Kings are quite the enigma. Cousins is the best center in the NBA. Rudy Gay and Rondo can play at a high level too.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Seems to me he should care about all aspects of his game. Does he also not care about free throws? Because they surely arent his game either.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
From what I've seen from Lue, you can tell there's a LOT of Doc Rivers influence on his offensive system.

W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Seems to me he should care about all aspects of his game. Does he also not care about free throws? Because they surely arent his game either.

Kinda what I was getting at, Eve. These guys are supposed to be the best of the best and can barely hit 50% of their shots uncontested from a set distance? It would be different if the refs just picked a random spot on the floor and said shoot it from here. It seriously is just muscle memory. I knew when I missed a shot short or to the left or right. I didn't feel right coming out of my hand.

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
that missed dunk by mosgov. lmao

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
That was a fun game to watch.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Kings are the NBA equivalent of the Browns. Complete dumpster fire.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Kings are quite the enigma. Cousins is the best center in the NBA. Rudy Gay and Rondo can play at a high level too.

Theres talk of Gay being available at the deadline, also have us as a potential landing spot..i think he'd thrive here

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

Theres talk of Gay being available at the deadline, also have us as a potential landing spot..i think he'd thrive here

I would think that other teams could give a better return than the Cavaliers. I would love to see him on the Cavaliers, but I just don't see how it all works out. Maybe a 3 way trade, or something? Stranger things have happened, and Griffin is adept at getting his guy(s).

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Because he doesn't pass and takes long twos?

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Didn't see the game, but man, it looks like they blew them out. The Kings should be much better than they are. That team confounds me.

Any breakdowns on the game???

Legend
Legend
Kyrie actually acted like a point guard for a change, he had 10 assist.

Lebron had a triple double, his jumpers were actually falling.

And jr smith man.... Dude is just balling out of control.

Oh, and TT was giving them fits on the boards, as usual. Nothing special, we simply just had the better talent.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Oh yea, our bench decided to show up for a change.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Kings are a hot dumpster fire.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks. Who covered Cousins most of the time? Man, he usually puts up way bigger numbers than that.

I had both Kyrie and Rondo in Fantasy BB. Both were hugely successful and helped me win cash. Thanks fellas. LOL

D
Legend
Legend
D
People are all excited here about the win yesterday and I'm like, dudes, we let a crappy team that's lost back to back to back to put up 100 points and pretty much lingered around the game and even took the lead here and there.

This team is not a championship team. Will we get there? Maybe. Can we get there? Yes, we have the proper elements in place. But currently, I'm sorry but this team has a long ways to go IMO.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Thanks. Who covered Cousins most of the time? Man, he usually puts up way bigger numbers than that.

I had both Kyrie and Rondo in Fantasy BB. Both were hugely successful and helped me win cash. Thanks fellas. LOL

Combo of TT and Mosgov,, and boogie was getting pretty much whatever he wanted first half, second half he got into foul trouble and just lost interest in the game and doing dumb stuff he's known for. That team is bad, i didn't feel good about that game at all. They are like 76ers bad. Yet we still gave up 100. Kyrie with 32pts and 11 assists was a great all around game for him, and Lebron actually for the first game this year didn't seem to try to do too much and let it come to him and picked his spots. But they have Zero ability to defend anyone so I take it with a grain of salt. The Chicago rematch is what i'm going to be watching closely.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the info.

Legend
Legend
Lue started giving guys like mo and Andy some pt.

However I see that Delly isn't playing much. And Cunningham is still riding the bench.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
Lue started giving guys like mo and Andy some pt.

However I see that Delly isn't playing much. And Cunningham is still riding the bench.

Delly has missed the last four games with hamstring problem, henceforth why we're seeing PT for Mo.

Legend
Legend
Tells you how much I pay attention. Didn't even know he was injured

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Quote:
ESPN Cleveland: Windhorst: I have heard the #Cavs have had interest in Kyle Korver as well. Hawks could be selling off pieces.

Quote:
ESPN Cleveland: Windhorst: Tyreke Evans and Omer Asik are also some players on the #Cavs radar when it come to trades.

Quote:
ESPN Cleveland: Windhorst: The #Cavs have been talking to the Kings about Timofey Mozgov. The Kings have rejected their offers though.

Quote:
ESPN Cleveland: Windhorst: On Anderson Varejao being traded, there is a reason he has been playing recently but I don’t feel there’s much interest. #Cavs

http://hoopshype.com/team/cleveland-cavaliers/

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Atlanta selling off pieces?

from ECF to fire sale? jeez.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
If the Cavs trade for Tyreke Evans they are doomed.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I view Tyreke the same way as JR (without the headaches). He's been on bad teams his entire career. He has talent, he just hasn't been "raised" correctly.

Legend
Legend
Holy crap. You guys hear about Blake Griffin?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Holy crap. You guys hear about Blake Griffin?

Just that he got suspended for four games.

C
Legend
Legend
C

I view Tyreke the same way as JR (without the headaches). He's been on bad teams his entire career. He has talent, he just hasn't been "raised" correctly.

The last thing the Cavs need is to try and train another guy how to play team basketball.

Legend
Legend

The last thing the Cavs need is to try and train another guy how to play team basketball.

Why? It's worked pretty well for JR.

C
Legend
Legend
C

Why? It's worked pretty well for JR.

Evans is the ultimate ball stopper. He won't pass the ball to Anthony freaking Davis. He also plays no defense. How many of those can the Cavs have?

Legend
Legend
There's a lot of bad eastern conference teams. I don't see a single team that's a true threat to us. I know we as fans like to panic, but we need to also realize our conference is bad and we're going to be making the finals frequently because of it.

C
Legend
Legend
C
There's a lot of bad eastern conference teams. I don't see a single team that's a true threat to us. I know we as fans like to panic, but we need to also realize our conference is bad and we're going to be making the finals frequently because of it.

The only team that even has a small chance is Toronto. But I think there are three teams in the west that are clearly better than the Cavs.

If the NBA actually switches to a conference free playoffs format, it would royally screw the Cavs.

Last edited by cfrs15; 02/10/16 02:17 AM. Reason: Nothing to see here.
Legend
Legend
Like who?

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Like who?

Better than the Cavs in the west? Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder. Especially in a seven game series. Popovich and Kerr would run circles around Lue.

Legend
Legend
but you said east in your post. i was confused.

Last edited by Swish; 02/10/16 01:58 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
but you said east in your post. i was confused.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you high?

wink

Legend
Legend

The only team that even has a small chance is Toronto. But I think there are three teams in the west that are clearly better than the Cavs.

If the NBA actually switches to a conference free playoffs format, it would royally screw the Cavs.

Google Durants record vs Lebron. Google Kyrie Irvings stats vs Westbrook. If a OKC vs Cleveland series took place, I know where my money's going and I'm going to break bank if Vegas feels the same way as you. You have zero basis for OKC being better than Cleveland other than current overall record right now.

Here I'll make it a little easier

Lebron vs Durant
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play...mp;p2=jamesle01

Kyrie vs Westbrook
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play...mp;p2=westbru01

V
Legend
Legend
V
What does that prove?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum As the Cavs World Turns, Part Deux

Link Copied to Clipboard