Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
lol wow this topic is heating up...Super Bowl Half-time is no place for anyone to show case their political views...my last comment on the matter

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
just like you can't tell me that everybody in the republican party is straight.

just like you can't tell me that every politician is a slim ball.

just like you can't tell me that all chicken taste the same.

are you a yoga instructor? you go some serious reach from those stretches.

Last edited by Swish; 02/09/16 07:34 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
just like you can't tell me that everybody in the republican party is straight.

just like you can't tell me that every politician is a slim ball.

just like you can't tell me that all chicken taste the same.

are you a yoga instructor? you go some serious reach from those stretches.

You made the statement the Black Panthers of the 60's were not racist I made no claim to any of the groups you listed you are trying to deflect the issue and failing.

You can't make that statement for a fact but you can say you believe it to be true, which doesn't make it factual.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Beyoncé references Black Panther Party at Super Bowl halftime show

And 99.9% of those that watched had no idea until 2 days later when it is pointed out to them.

Gimme a break with this outraged crowd in here. I forgot how bad it was since I've avoided the Everything Else section for years now. It's like Cheech (I'll give you one guess) showing up at a conservative retirement home to argue about political/social issues.

Might as well start talking about Beyonce's SHOCKING new music video while we're at it. OUTRAGEOUS. SHOOOOOCCKING, I tell's ya! Gimme a break.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

And 99.9% of those that watched had no idea until 2 days later when it is pointed out to them.

Gimme a break with this outraged crowd in here. I forgot how bad it was since I've avoided the Everything Else section for years now. It's like Cheech (I'll give you one guess) showing up at a conservative retirement home to argue about political/social issues.

Might as well start talking about Beyonce's SHOCKING new music video while we're at it. OUTRAGEOUS. SHOOOOOCCKING, I tell's ya! Gimme a break.

So don't open the thread and post in it there your problem solved!

Legend
Legend
the point was that there is a few bad apples in every group's, with respect to their agenda.

were there some racist black panthers members? probably.

but just because there were a few doesn't take away from the overall message and the groups ideology.

MLK had a massive following. there were some racist people that followed him. does that make MLK racist as well?

there's some racist in the republican party. that doesn't make the republican party racist.

you're the one grasping for straws.

but at the end of the day, i'm not gonna be able to change yours or anybody elses mind.

you seem to be stuck thinking what beyonce did was super wrong and racist. whatever bro, if thats what helps you sleep at night.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

you seem to be stuck thinking what beyonce did was super wrong and racist.

Yes, yes it was wrong was not the time or place for political agenda of any kind.

Legend
Legend
Who cares?

Every last one of y'all would still smash her if given the chance.

I have been married for over 34 years. I wouldn't smash anybody if I was given the chance.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

Yes, yes it was wrong was not the time or place for political agenda of any kind.

if there's no rule saying it's not, then what?

all you can do is be mad and act outrage. if you're so pissed off, make a petition, and get the signatures needed to ban political stuff from the SB halftime.

if you're not gonna take action, then have fun losing hair over nothing.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

Nope, but you can't tell me for a fact the EVERY member of the Black Panthers of the 60's was not racist in the least little bit. If they were not why the BLACK in the name why not just PANTHERS.

Geez, probably because they were already segregated way before the political party was started. You're looking at an already segregated group, due to the racist policies of the United States pre-60's, which includes, but is not limited to: Slavery, Segregation, Jim Crow Laws, Blockbusting and other acts of Housing Discrimination. However, they weren't even racist(!) They worked with many other minority groups, including White Appalachians, and other white majority groups, including The Weathermen.

I think a better question is: Why were there no groups, ran by or alongside, white people, that emphasized community empowerment and support (The Black Panthers created free clinic programs, one of the first orgs to do it after The Brown Berets, the Hispanic org. They also did free breakfasts and dinners for their communities. Feeding many people who would have starved otherwise), the self defense of African Americans (Not everyone thought getting stomped on by KKK members was a good idea), and a reformation of our justice system (Something that's still being debated about today)? Is it because they're racist?

Of course not. Neither were the Panthers. Can we stop labeling everything as racist now?

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

if there's no rule saying it's not, then what?

all you can do is be mad and act outrage. if you're so pissed off, make a petition, and get the signatures needed to ban political stuff from the SB halftime.

if you're not gonna take action, then have fun losing hair over nothing.

Ahh I see so as long as there is no rule saying don't do it right or WRONG, it's OK to do got it. For someone who breaks the RULES by smoking pot you sure are a stickler for the rules.

I'm not mad I don't think it was right to do but in the end she made herself look foolish.

At one point in time there was no RULE about owning slaves either but we all know how wrong people were to do that...common sense.

Legend
Legend
lol, what?

you're outraged over choreography and a singer's political idea. think about that.

Last edited by Swish; 02/09/16 08:54 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
lol, what?

you're outraged over choreography and a singer's political idea. think about that.

Offended yes outraged no, but you have lost the debate so you try to steer the debate in a different direction.

E
Legend
Legend
E
He dances and deflects when he looses an argument.

Beyonce won't be invited back.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
i didn't lose anything. but you taking this L in EE right now.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Nope, you're dancing and avoiding like usual in EE.

No Craps Given
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Beyonce won't be invited back.

I'm willing to put money on this. When she was the Headliner one of her associate singers flipped the bird to the camera. She was still invited this. This is pretty minor and the NFL is desperately trying to reach out to women. The best way to do that is Bey. She's unstoppable. She'll probably be Bill Gates when she's 80.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

So don't open the thread and post in it there your problem solved!

Sorry. Just thrown off seeing this nonsense in the NFL Post-Season section. If I sniff anymore hot topics like Beyonce, Janet's Boob, or what Katie Perry wore, I'll be sure to steer clear.

V
Legend
Legend
V
We all know that all whites are racists and trying to hold down the black man and that all blacks are not racist and are just trying to be treated fairly.

It really is that simple. As clear as black and white.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'm sure it's not safe to share but if you haven't seen it, find Chris Rock's bit on how the most racist people alive are old black men.

Legend
Legend
Gotta admit I had no idea who she was when she came out... Thought she was lil Kim or someone... Personally thought she was awful but I don't typically care for halftime show in general

Had no idea she was paying homage to black panthers... Didn't find it racist when I watched it and still think it's overblown... If it was a political stunt then she got what she wanted because everyone is talking about it

<><

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
At least one Black Panther didn't get it done at Levi Stadium, but to be fair to Cam, neither did the White Panthers.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
neither did the latino panther.

i guess you can say they were united in the cause.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Who cares?

Every last one of y'all would still smash her if given the chance.

I wouldn't, not even using your junk.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Won't any of you ever change? I was hoping this thread wouldn't go this way.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Won't any of you ever change? I was hoping this thread wouldn't go this way.

It's funny when people claim to hate political correctness get outraged over something they don't find politically correct.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The one thing that would have made this halftime show totally epic is if Beyonce had come up one side of the stage with her wannabe black panther dancers while Kid Rock was coming up the stairs on the other side of the stage in his confederate flag jacket... I would have paid money to see that. thumbsup

yebat' Putin
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Michael Jackson wore a similar outfit when he performed for his Superbowl show.

I love how no one can distinguish, or even bother to learn, the differences between a group from the 60s, and a current group of idiots.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Michael Jackson wore a similar outfit when he performed for his Superbowl show.

]

He did? saywhat Which one did he wear?

A list of police officers killed by members of the Black Panthers from the Officer Down Memorial Page website.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/5125-police-officer-john-f-frey
http://www.odmp.org/officer/5443-patrolman-john-j-gilhooly
http://www.odmp.org/officer/7195-officer-thomas-e-johnson
http://www.odmp.org/offic…/13236-officer-charles-w-thomasson
http://www.odmp.org/officer/11772-officer-nelson-k-sasscer
http://www.odmp.org/offic…/11010-patrolman-frank-g-rappaport
http://www.odmp.org/…/11682-police-officer-james-t-sackett-…
http://www.odmp.org/offi…/9420-patrolman-william-a-miscannon
http://www.odmp.org/offi…/12419-police-officer-glenn-e-smith
http://www.odmp.org/…/9311-corrections-sergeant-brent-miller
http://www.odmp.org/officer/6106-cadet-alfred-e-harrell
http://www.odmp.org/officer/10559-patrolman-paul-a-persigo
http://www.odmp.org/offi…/3249-patrolman-philip-j-coleman-sr
http://www.odmp.org/…/12294-deputy-superintendent-louis-jos…
http://www.odmp.org/officer/6715-sergeant-edwin-c-hosli-sr
http://www.odmp.org/…/10420-park-ranger-kenneth-carmel-patr…
http://www.odmp.org/offi…/18721-lieutenant-ted-cephus-elmore
http://www.odmp.org/…/15375-deputy-sheriff-ricky-leon-kinch…

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

I love how no one can distinguish, or even bother to learn, the differences between a group from the 60s, and a current group of idiots.

If they are totally different why didn't they change their name and disassociate altogether?

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
People like to twist and distort a good group, and then pervert the original idea.

Why? Human nature, Vambo.

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
People like to twist and distort a good group, and then pervert the original idea.

Why? Human nature, Vambo.

I agree black panthers are twisted that's why it makes less sense to honor them.

Twisted

C
Legend
Legend
C
Any lists of black people the police have killed?

Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Any lists of black people the police have killed?

I'm sure if you wanted you can find lists of all races of Police that have killed people from all races, does that make this any better?

M
Legend
Legend
M
This thread is hysterical. People can't possibly be truly offended by a SB halftime show, can they? Beyonce, offensive?. God bless message boards for their entertainment value!

To keep on point....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well Bey is making some cabbage.. she thanks you all.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
his response was classic.

it went from him posting the number of police killed by the black panthers, to all the races killed by police so it doesn't matter.

beyonce thanks you. regardless of what you claim on DT, i have no doubt in my mind you're all over FB or something crying about it.

thanks for giving her more publicity over absolutely nothing.

Last edited by Swish; 02/11/16 08:44 AM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
This thread is hysterical. People can't possibly be truly offended by a SB halftime show, can they? Beyonce, offensive?. God bless message boards for their entertainment value!

To keep on point....

Honestly, it's gone way to far.. Who cares

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2015 Beyoncé references Black Panther Party at Super Bowl halftime show

Link Copied to Clipboard