Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
This is an outstanding conversation/breakdown of Wentz from his OC at NDSU. Sobleski interviews the OC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26208...draft-ascension

C
Legend
Legend
C
Interview with Goff's offensive coordinator for contrasting views.

K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
LOL. You type too fast.

There's a couple of solid things in there for those who thinks he locks onto his receivers.

I love information.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: kwhip
This is an outstanding conversation/breakdown of Wentz from his OC at NDSU. Sobleski interviews the OC.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26208...draft-ascension

Just for both sides of the conversation from the same site...

bleacher report-Don't by the Carson Wentz hype

#gmstrong
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I definitely think he is a project, but I like him better than I did Brandon Weeden. FWIW

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: BpG
I definitely think he is a project, but I like him better than I did Brandon Weeden. FWIW
But wait...Brandon Weeden could hit clay pigeons with a football...

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
V
Legend
Legend
V
And they both have red hair.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
But Andy Dalton has red hair and Hue did well with him.

Weeden's problem was he didn't hear a Hue.

Anyone else see the Dr. Seuss spoofs on NFL Network?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Can Horton hear a Bosa?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I bet if he had him he'd find a use for him.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want them to take the QB that wants it the most. The guy that will be first in last out. Won't pout if he sits on the bench for a year.... really bust his ass to learn as much as he can as fast as he can. He's got to live and breathe football.

Goff's OC worried me with his riff on not complicating things. Makes me wonder if he might think Goff can't grasp a complicated system...

Wentz's OC has me wondering if he's being totally honest about running a full on pro style WCO. Not saying he's lying, just HOPING he's not....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Rookie
Rookie
Me too spirit and with that said WENTZ is the only logical choice at #2. Played in a pro style offense albeit div 2, 6'5" 235 lbs, has a cannon for an arm, and can even use his legs to move the chains if necessary. I hope HUE is salivating because he can be the QB we've been lacking since KOSAR! Goff-- spread offense, game manager, no thank you!

LETS GET THIS RIGHT FELLAS...ENOUGH LOSING IS ENOUGH!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: LittleDAWG
Me too spirit and with that said WENTZ is the only logical choice at #2. Played in a pro style offense albeit div 2, 6'5" 235 lbs, has a cannon for an arm, and can even use his legs to move the chains if necessary. I hope HUE is salivating because he can be the QB we've been lacking since KOSAR! Goff-- spread offense, game manager, no thank you!

Game manager? That's a new one.

Rookie
Rookie
west coast pretty boy-- not interested.

LETS GET THIS RIGHT FELLAS...ENOUGH LOSING IS ENOUGH!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: LittleDAWG
west coast pretty boy-- not interested.

Oh. I get it. You just don't know anything. Carry on.

Other "west coast pretty boy[s]":

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I would be fine with drafting wentz to be our future QB. I have nothing but good vibes on him. I still think Paxton might end up a better QB if he lands on the right team.

I'd still trade away to get Garoppolo instead too. I hear that Bill is dead set against trading him though for anything less than a first and is very happy with him.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
T
Rookie
Rookie
T
In reading the "Don't buy the hype" article from BR, what do you make of the possibility of Dallas making a leap to #2 for Wentz? We've seen in the past where teams that coach in the Senior Bowl try and get one of those guys. Dallas fits the mold of someone who would leap up two spots to get Wentz.

They need to groom a QB behind Romo and they cannot hope to find an undrafted gem like him. Their backups suck.

They coached Wentz so they already have a leg up in the evaluation process from a real world standpoint.

Jerry's a gambler and has traded more for less (*cough* Morris Claiborn) with the Rams a few years back. QB is a much more logical reason to jump up.

They wouldn't have to go that far (from #4 to #2). They swap picks, throw in a 3rd (possible a future 1st) and they could have him. You know Tennesee's not taking a QB so the Browns are sitting pretty.

The Browns are obviously rebuilding so they need as many players as they can get. Moving down to stockpile picks (not always easy) will help us fill in some of the void, especially on the OL.

I'd keep an eye on Dallas in the coming weeks. They could make a move.

Legend
Legend
Thats fine as long as the Titans don't get the Kings ransom they want for the first pick.

I really don't think they will. I'm sticking with my thought that I still don't see a top ten QB in this draft.. That is unless there is a 6th rounder that ends up being the next Tom Brady. but what the hell do I know.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
C
Legend
Legend
C
When was the last time a team traded up for a QB when they already had a franchise QB on the roster?

The Cowboys' roster is not without holes, they need to build depth for Romo's final years.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We should negotiate with anyone wanting to move up for Wentz/Goff...drag it out. Telling them that its up to what Titans do at #1... I don't care especially Rams and then after Titans pick we say - Ummmm No and then take Wentz. Eliminating their attempt to move to #1. When they complain Foul...we say we never made a deal and said what the Titans did would influence our demands. Oh and besides...Fisher is a piece of crap. Remember him telling his buddy Shanny what we were doing to move up to #2 in 2012 the Redskins miraculously bid a tad more than us the last minute... What goes around comes around!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Oh and besides...Fisher is a piece of crap. Remember him telling his buddy Shanny what we were doing to move up to #2 in 2012 the Redskins miraculously bid a tad more than us the last minute... What goes around comes around!

No, I don't remember. I wasn't there. Were you?

You believe The Big Show? Still? rofl

E
Legend
Legend
E
No I wasn't there...mock anyone who doesn't agree with you...that is the ticket, Mr. "I want football discussion and all I get is fighting" Just who do you think starts all those fights. crazy

I don't believe in Coincidence and down to the decision. The Redskins came up with an offer that was one 2nd round draft pick higher than our offer. Gee wonder how they knew to offer just a tad more.

It was no secret that Fisher had a close relationship with Shanny the elder.

Low lifes hang together and both Fisher and Shanny turned out to be below the belt coaches. Fisher always disrespected the Browns whenever he could.

So I am not allowed an opinion unless it agrees with you. Funny how that happens. I love when a poster (new) posts something on the board that is in agreement with your opinion and its...you are a good poster great to have you here.

Then they post something not in accord with your beliefs and its OH YOU ARE A TERRIBLE POSTER and attacking me...every thing is about you...lol laugh Nah they just think your opinion stinks...get over it.

Grimm is a perfect example. I remember his first couple of posts its was like shangrala. then when he posted against your superior knowledge (self proclaimed) he became, mud, dirt just another poster hating you for NO REASON AT ALL. banghead

you just don't get it. Wentz is a great QB but you don't think so. Aren't you looking pretty incompetent in your football. rofl right back at you

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow! Same old tab.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Grimm is a perfect example. I remember his first couple of posts its was like shangrala. then when he posted against your superior knowledge (self proclaimed) he became, mud, dirt just another poster hating you for NO REASON AT ALL. banghead

This could not be any more true. I had to quote this because I thought the very same thing when it happened.

Wentz > Goff ( Football talk)

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Found this interesting...

Quote:
The current anti-Wentz movement is funny to me. If you were old enough to scout Roethlisberger, you see essentially the same prospect.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/713769589054636032

I don't pretend to know how to scout quarterbacks. But reading this was intriguing and never gave it much thought until now. I've not followed this thread so I apologize if this comparison has been made but wonder what others think about the comparison of Wentz to Big Ben....minus the sexual assaults, of course.

Thoughts?

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
Oh and besides...Fisher is a piece of crap. Remember him telling his buddy Shanny what we were doing to move up to #2 in 2012 the Redskins miraculously bid a tad more than us the last minute... What goes around comes around!

No, I don't remember. I wasn't there. Were you?

You believe The Big Show? Still? rofl

I do remember that there was talk about this scenario. Unfortunately, I do not recall who let this out! If it was Holmgren (and I don't believe it was), yes, I would likely have believed him...but you already know that. naughtydevil

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Thoughts?

I'm not one to analyze skill levels, Memphis, but you could very well be right. Physically, they are both big. Don't believe though, that Big Ben takes off much oast the LOS. Wish I could add more

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
All I know is in these QB evaluations they have to look at who will be the best QB 3 years down the road and beyond. That means who has the smarts to learn, physical skills to put it in action. Longevity, natural solid body. Not who can be most NFL ready the first year...that is Bozo speak nonsense.

Why I get infuriated when they state...Wentz is the best QB but the Browns have to take Goff cause he is the most ready?

Well now that we took RG3 that takes care of that first year...and they got us taking a DB or an OT...not Wentz rolleyesdevil
jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, after reading what his OC talked about, his workouts, and his film AND CHARACTER....I'm biggest pimp for this guy ever...he is the OPPOSITE of JF...thank GOD....legends and posters on this board do man checks all the time....it is sad....most of us aren't football experts and are offering opinions and ideas...not for a discussion board...why not....we are all fans....GO Browns!!! Please pick ND QB!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
legends and posters on this board do man checks all the time....it is sad....most of us aren't football experts and are offering opinions and ideas...not for a discussion board...why not....we are all fans....GO Browns!!! Please pick ND QB!!!!

So, it's sad if all of us don't agree w/you?

Nice.

Legend
Legend
I read it this way:

he is the OPPOSITE of JF...thank GOD....

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
You read it right....opposite of JF, why Wentz- he's the whole package- has all physical needs, he's smart, college 4.0 in phy ed and psychology- not easy, try kinesiolgy at college level AND psych classes, OMG...the BR negative was BEFORE SB where he shined...JMHO, hate tattoos, but his fish on right arm shows priorities, all accounts indicate he's exception in meetings...all these positives indicate he'll NOT embarrass us or himself as the face of Browns...lastly, you don't break a bone, rehab and start in ANY national championship game without WANT TO...I'd love him as a son in law, but all my girls are happily married....now that's a love crush....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
let me give 4 reasons i like him.
1gil brandt
2john gruden
3mike mayock
4.everybody behind us called about a trade up to get him.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
Carson Wentz completion % last season when not under pressure: 70.1
When pressured: 42.6

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/717004317090308096

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm guessing a lot of those incompletions under pressure are throw aways. You don't throw it away when you have time. What did they have for Goff?

Peter King is pretty confident in us drafting Wentz, so I'm guessing it doesn't happen.

It's feeling more and more like a smokescreen.

Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
I'm guessing a lot of those incompletions under pressure are throw aways. You don't throw it away when you have time. What did they have for Goff?

I don't know. If I see it, I will post it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/717006003624153089

68.5->50% for Goff.
70.7->55.2 for Lynch
61.7->40.2 for Cook

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Finally a stat to support my opinion of Lynch lol Thanks Grimm

E
Legend
Legend
E
Where do you guys find these stats...lol God bless you.

Just a note - I would expect a big disparity with every QB in those conditions.

42.6% for all I know that might be a good number. How do they calculate pressure. But I assume that would include being hit while throwing, as somebody said the smart thing to do throw it away. How many of those throws were Down field and not Check downs. Just a lot. But most important is how did that study compare with,
Goff, Lynch and Cook also some of the top NFL QBs???

Thanks for sharing that info.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Legend
Legend
C
Wentz rarely threw downfield, so my guess is that not many of those throws were downfield.

Also, GrimmBrown followed my post with this:

Quote:
68.5->50% for Goff.
70.7->55.2 for Lynch
61.7->40.2 for Cook

As for what NFL QBs do while under pressure, I didn't find any recent numbers (but here is the top ten in 2013):

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season 2016 NFL Draft Wentz's OC Conversation. Good Read.

Link Copied to Clipboard