Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
word.

yea im just trying my hand in insults. they got lib thingy, liberal lemming.

we gotta come up with our own arsenal.

Sir works. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
nah, doesn't sound like a word thats true to your belief.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I can reasonably suggest it works. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
like the GOP, i won't confirm.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
The vast majority of gender identification issues in children resolve themselves upon adulthood. Drugging or worse mutilating children is indisputably child-abuse in this particular circumstance. And people defining somewhat natural childhood curiosities of cross-dressing etc. as life long gender dysphoria is also indisputably child abuse.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25231780

. On the subject of treating children, however, as the World Professional Association for Transgender Health notes in their latest Standards of Care, gender dysphoria in childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood, and only 6 to 23 percent of boys and 12 to 27 percent of girls treated in gender clinics showed persistence of their gender dysphoria into adulthood. Further, most of the boys' gender dysphoria desisted, and in adulthood, they identified as gay rather than as transgender.

In the same way homosexuality should not be defined upon a person until they have reached maturity. Though I don't have any statistics to what extent it changes from childhood predilections.

The Gender Identity / Dysphoria stuff truly truly horrifies me with how out of line with the science and horrifically detrimental it can be to children to define their personality based off of childhood precociousness or confusion. It is in a completely seperate category from homosexuality for me in terms of something that needs to be taken very very seriously as a societal issue that is being accepted carte blanche.

edit: 20% of people who get sex change operations regret it: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth
41% of transgendered people have attempted suicide: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth
62% of transgendered have a diagnosable psychological condition (Major depression, Phobias, Adjustment disorders) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25180172?log$=activity

To the well meaning people on the left. I implore you to really really look at the trans data and do not assume at all it is the same as homosexuality. This is a completely different kettle of fish with vaaaaast implications if people start drugging children. This is one people really need to be aware of and not assume that all rejection of it has religious reasons. There are major major major problems with this issue.

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/29/16 06:48 PM.
Legend
Legend
A very good and reasonable post.

Legend
Legend
couple things:

that means 80% of people who DO get one don't regret it.

59% of trans gendered haven't attempted. compared to what national average of other demographics.

and as far as the 62%, that needs to be compared to the national average of citizens in the country who have or is currently experiencing those same conditions. or compared to what demographics.

- Theodore Roosevelt
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Swish
couple things:

that means 80% of people who DO get one don't regret it.

59% of trans gendered haven't attempted. compared to what national average of other demographics.

and as far as the 62%, that needs to be compared to the national average of citizens in the country who have or is currently experiencing those same conditions. or compared to what demographics.

On Regret:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth
Its review warns that the results of many gender reassignment studies are unsound because researchers lost track of more than half of the participants. For example, in a five-year study of 727 post-operative transsexuals published last year, 495 people dropped out for unknown reasons. Dr Hyde said the high drop out rate could reflect high levels of dissatisfaction or even suicide among post-operative transsexuals. He called for the causes of their deaths to be tracked to provide more evidence.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...empts/31626633/

Suicide attempts are alarmingly common among transgender individuals such as Lampe; 41% try to kill themselves at some point in their lives, compared with 4.6% of the general public. The numbers come from a study by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Williams Institute, which analyzed results from the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. Researchers are preparing to launch another version of the online survey on Wednesday.

http://www.newsweek.com/nearly-1-5-americans-suffer-mental-illness-each-year-230608
Every year, about 42.5 million American adults (or 18.2 percent of the total adult population in the United States) suffers from some mental illness, enduring conditions such as depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, statistics released Friday reveal.

The data, compiled by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), also indicate that approximately 9.3 million adults, or about 4 percent of those Americans ages 18 and up, experience “serious mental illness” – that is, their condition impedes day-to-day activities, such as going to work.

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/29/16 07:00 PM.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
I'm serious dude. I'm working on my psych major and the studies on trans compared to the "oh it's totally fine" attitude in society scares the ever loving crap out of me. This isn't religiously motivated or anything... seriously it is scientifically extremely messed up.

If people start to drug or mutilate children these numbers are going to get far worse.

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/29/16 07:02 PM.
Legend
Legend
i hope you didn't think i was calling you out.

i was simply asking some of the controlled factors about the study.

- Theodore Roosevelt
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Oh yeah no problem, we were doing the same fact checking earlier.

I'm just pretty wigged out about the subject. A lot of people went through the "homosexuality is a mental illness" thing and assume transgendered is the same deal when it really really isn't.

It's a real problem if this becomes accepted as the norm and kids start getting drugged. Very bad. So I'm pretty wigged out as one of the few people reading studies etc and knowing what I am talking about. Terrifies me to see that the generally good in most ways trends towards liberalism is taking a reeeeeallly bad turn on this one.

Legend
Legend
well, i definitely know that those gay camps the religious throw their kids into doesn't help.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Kingcob

The good guys with the guns don't prevent the first bullet most of the time. Gun free zones allow for spree killings. The first person would have gotten shot before anyone is able to subdue the shooter.

And Republicans have no problem ignoring the fact that many places have armed guards, and still want to walk in with their gun. Either you guys are playing dumb to save face or you guys have turned into RINO's, neutering the Republican gun philosophy in the process. Either way, I don't really care because it doesn't matter. The Republicans get it though. The best way to curb gun violence is to take away all the guns. Haha

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Nah that stuff is all crap, studies never panned out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy

Though to my knowledge psychotherapy can help bisexuals not mess around with dudes. I'll need to fact check that. I also want to look up to what extent homosexuality changes over time with children. To my knowledge it doesn't at all, or at least not nearly to the dramatic extent trans does. Trans basically goes away in the vast majority of cases, no therapy needed. So if your kid feels trans you really don't need to worry about it at all, it is legitimately a phase for a lot of kids.

Trans is totally different from homosexuality. The two seem similar but in reality we are talking an extreme difference that they shouldn't even be compared. And the ethical implications if people start drugging and mutilating children going through a phase are completely abhorrent and need to be stopped.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

The good guys with the guns don't prevent the first bullet most of the time. Gun free zones allow for spree killings. The first person would have gotten shot before anyone is able to subdue the shooter.

And Republicans have no problem ignoring the fact that many places have armed guards, and still want to walk in with their gun. Either you guys are playing dumb to save face or you guys have turned into RINO's, neutering the Republican gun philosophy in the process. Either way, I don't really care because it doesn't matter. The Republicans get it though. The best way to curb gun violence is to take away all the guns. Haha

You are too smart to not understand my point CHS. So don't go trolling me.

There is a difference between places with tons of armed security and places without any. There is also a difference between gigantic politically charged crowds and shopping malls. And there is a difference between high priority target politicians and the public at large walking around.

The only way to have this work would be to turn every location into a super high security Orwellian society. The crime statistics I find for the UK and Australia are conflicting so I can't hammer out points on what happens when all guns are taken away. I suspect it wouldn't be feasible to do so in America regardless but that isn't a point I'd know how to prove beyond hunches.

This doesn't need to be a fight.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

There is a difference between places with tons of armed security and places without any. There is also a difference between gigantic politically charged crowds and shopping malls. And there is a difference between high priority target politicians and the public at large walking around.

You're creating a false dichotomy between a mall and the convention center. Because the question of "How do we keep ourselves safe from Guns?" does not quantify the factors. It simply asks How. According to the Republican actions, it's to take away all the guns. And it makes sense.

What the Republicans have always aimed to do is keep as many survivors safe as they can. And for once, they finally begin to care about the would-be victim, not the survivors.

Feel free to reply. I'm done with this topic. I'm tired of being the only pro-gun user who knows the truth to the answer. However, I also know that we're discussing the wrong question entirely when it comes to guns.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
In both situations the answer is guns.

One is a bunch of Secret Service agents. The other is average citizens packing heat.

Either way it is still good guys with guns.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

You're creating a false dichotomy between a mall and the convention center. Because the question of "How do we keep ourselves safe from Guns?" does not quantify the factors. It simply asks How. According to the Republican actions, it's to take away all the guns. And it makes sense.

What the Republicans have always aimed to do is keep as many survivors safe as they can. And for once, they finally begin to care about the would-be victim, not the survivors.

Feel free to reply. I'm done with this topic. I'm tired of being the only pro-gun user who knows the truth to the answer. However, I also know that we're discussing the wrong question entirely when it comes to guns.

CHS and Pit,

Respectfully, I think you guys are inadvertently creating a red herring of sorts. The refusal to allow open or concealed carry at the GOP convention isn't the GOP's call. First and foremost it is on private property. The owner gets to make the decision as to whether or not they want to allow their patrons to be armed. Getting past that, even if they did, from my experience, when the Secret Service gets involved somewhere, everything surrounding their operation falls under their jurisdiction/operation/command. When the Pres poses for pictures with a bunch of cops, all the popo in the picture are disarmed. Even when officials have gone overseas to combat zones to visit the troops, the troops are disarmed before being allowed around them.

Now, I will say that if the property owner said yes, and the Secret Service said go ahead... it could make for an uncomfortable situation for the GOP. But as it stands they dodge a bullet because it's not their call.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
The vast majority of gender identification issues in children resolve themselves upon adulthood. Drugging or worse mutilating children is indisputably child-abuse in this particular circumstance. And people defining somewhat natural childhood curiosities of cross-dressing etc. as life long gender dysphoria is also indisputably child abuse.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25231780

. On the subject of treating children, however, as the World Professional Association for Transgender Health notes in their latest Standards of Care, gender dysphoria in childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood, and only 6 to 23 percent of boys and 12 to 27 percent of girls treated in gender clinics showed persistence of their gender dysphoria into adulthood. Further, most of the boys' gender dysphoria desisted, and in adulthood, they identified as gay rather than as transgender.

In the same way homosexuality should not be defined upon a person until they have reached maturity. Though I don't have any statistics to what extent it changes from childhood predilections.

The Gender Identity / Dysphoria stuff truly truly horrifies me with how out of line with the science and horrifically detrimental it can be to children to define their personality based off of childhood precociousness or confusion. It is in a completely seperate category from homosexuality for me in terms of something that needs to be taken very very seriously as a societal issue that is being accepted carte blanche.

edit: 20% of people who get sex change operations regret it: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth
41% of transgendered people have attempted suicide: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/jul/30/health.mentalhealth
62% of transgendered have a diagnosable psychological condition (Major depression, Phobias, Adjustment disorders) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25180172?log$=activity

To the well meaning people on the left. I implore you to really really look at the trans data and do not assume at all it is the same as homosexuality. This is a completely different kettle of fish with vaaaaast implications if people start drugging children. This is one people really need to be aware of and not assume that all rejection of it has religious reasons. There are major major major problems with this issue.

Sorry for reposting the whole thing to ask a simple question but.. did you direct that to me for a reason?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Good lord I wish I never clicked on page 2. This site is going to turn into a complete dumpster fire after this election regardless of who gets elected. It's already become a juvenile pissing contests by (I assume) full grown men on a damn Internet forum.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
So by your definition, if somebody believes strongly that abortion should be legal, homosexuality is natural, and gender identification isn't a choice.... then you would be cool with that person because they are committed?

Not that I had any malice towards you in my posts. Just a topic I think people know very little about and assume it is the same as homosexuality.

It also doesn't make the most sense in this thread. But thats what I do.

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/30/16 12:56 AM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Yes, and here's a list of all the Great Presidents, Military Leaders, Statesmen and Religious Leaders
we have ever had who were noncommittal, wishy washy, down the middle, who believed in no absolutes...

*Crickets*

*Crickets*

*Crickets*

And that doesn't make them sensible and right..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
MAH RIGHTS!!!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: candyman92
Good lord I wish I never clicked on page 2. This site is going to turn into a complete dumpster fire after this election regardless of who gets elected. It's already become a juvenile pissing contests by (I assume) full grown men on a damn Internet forum.

lol

I don't disagree but this site is actually one of the more civil places out there. It's not that I think these discussions are necessarily civil as much as it gets really, really nasty in other places. At least it's just pissing matches here without much of the hostility.

Also that was a pretty interesting post DevilDawg (about the president taking pictures with police/military). I've wondered how that worked before.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Yes, and here's a list of all the Great Presidents, Military Leaders, Statesmen and Religious Leaders
we have ever had who were noncommittal, wishy washy, down the middle, who believed in no absolutes...

*Crickets*

*Crickets*

*Crickets*

And that doesn't make them sensible and right..

Tell that to Our Founding Fathers, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, General Eisenhower, General Patton, Mother Teresa....

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's not so much as a red hearing as it is a point being made towards a select few on this board. Common sense would dictate that guns not be allowed in the GOP convention. There are also other examples of where guns shouldn't be allowed. To me, that's not really the point here.

The point is, there have been statements made on this board about how every American should be allowed to carry a gun anywhere and everywhere. That anything less is an infringement of the second amendment. That there are no exceptions.

So what this is, is calling them out on that. Now that it involves powerful people who help further their own belief system, suddenly the rules have changed. I hope you can understand that if you aren't a person who has tried to cram down the throats of others that everyone should carry guns everywhere, my message isn't for you.

A lot of posters have a little common sense. They understand that there are circumstances that gun free zones are necessary. My point is not directed at them. But I think you must admit, for some, my point does point out a double standard by a few.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Pit likes to play games with all issues important to the Right so once again he plays here as he thinks he has a Gotcha Moment.

I, of much common sense and commonly called a voice of reason, say we should have our Constitutionally Guaranteed Right to be armed protected everywhere.

Now, if you want to assign me an armed security guard or if you want a no gun zone and provide metal detectors and guards to protect me and mine, common sense dictates I no longer need to carry a gun to that event.

If you just want to create a no gun zone without common sense protections from criminals who ignore the law, common sense dictates my need for self protection.

I thank you for your time. Carry on creating your mud pies.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, so you've suddenly decided to start using common sense on the issue without absolutes.

Bravo!

I was wondering if it would ever happen. But I have been praying for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

lets see how long you can balance.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
My position on this issue is absolute and I am glad you have been praying for me. I really can't imagine you had time to pray as you spent the entire Easter weekend worrying about 3 days versus 72 hours.

Prayers are always appreciated tho.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I never have worried about the three days and three nights. It's a very simple concept and the math isn't complicated. I do pray for those who can't add and use pagan customs in Christian holidays though.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Personal question so don't answer if you don't want too...

What denomination or Church do you belong too?

Pettycoatstal?
See you Latter Day?
More Men?
Seventh Day Adventurers?
Baptizer?
Cathoid lick?
Press my pants earian?
Snake Dancers?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/30/16 12:24 PM.
Legend
Legend
i belong to the Church of Cannabis.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Of course you are. People are eating up that religion.

opps, thought you typed cannibals.

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/30/16 12:20 PM.
Legend
Legend
They do provide edibles, yes.

I really wish the republicans would try some, that way they can cool it with that war mongering

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't belong to an organized religion. I find it odd that in your post you make fun of the names of religions though. Doesn't sound like the Christian thing to do.

I do at times go to non-denominational Churches because they do a very good job of explaining how you can use messages in the Bible to better your life. A very positive message.

But organized religion, to me, uses too many pagan customs, fuzzy math and contradictions concerning the true message of Jesus to suit me. Religion is a very personal issue. Each person has their own belief system and what works for them. I'm fine with that. Religion is good for a lot of people I've known. So I don't try to demonize anyone for their religious beliefs.

I believe what works for me. To me that message was to be kind to others. Share what you have with those who are less fortunate. Don't judge others.

Things I don't see a lot of from some who claim to hold high Christian values on this board. But that's simply my beliefs. It often times causes conflict between myself and others that are firm believers in our savior Jesus Christ.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Personal question so don't answer if you don't want too...

What denomination or Church do you belong too?

Pettycoatstal?
See you Latter Day?
More Men?
Seventh Day Adventurers?
Baptizer?
Cathoid lick?
Press my pants earian?
Snake Dancers?

I know you didn't ask me, but I'm not going to deny that I'm Apostolic (Pentecostal).

Legend
Legend
I was just getting around to axing you! thumbsup

Do you like it?

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/30/16 12:44 PM.
Legend
Legend

Do you like it?

Absolutely I do. We're considered extremists by some, which is not something I feel is accurate.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: candyman92

Do you like it?

Absolutely I do. We're considered extremists by some, which is not something I feel is accurate.

I would rather see you being extreme in the name of the Lord than wishy washy. thumbsup

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Open carry at the Republican National Convention

Link Copied to Clipboard