Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#1114468 05/12/16 11:07 AM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Other thread locked, figured we'd continue. Good game last night between both games, i think toronto is going to pull it out. Watched a good portion of GS game, man they are scary, even if you play great defense on the splash brothers, they both have the quickest releases in the game. You almost have to score with them, alot of the shots they take are undefensible and can really make you start doubting yourself.. All we can hope for is a really hard series in the WCF. I really hope its SA as I think they are the only team that can match up with GS. OKC is fools gold, they go as westbrook goes, outside of that they aren't scaring anyone.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
if OKC can knock off the spurs, they definitely have a shot to push GS to 7

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree with lead. If GS gets OKC, what a stroke of luck for them. For as breathtaking as Westbrook can be, he's also a somewhat dumb player who allows his emotions to override good sense basketball. And the only player in the league he has a mental block against is Curry. Curry, while not as athletic as Westbrook, is just so smart and fundamentally sound. He owns Westbrook. I wouldn't be surprised if that series was a sweep.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I agree with lead. If GS gets OKC, what a stroke of luck for them. For as breathtaking as Westbrook can be, he's also a somewhat dumb player who allows his emotions to override good sense basketball. And the only player in the league he has a mental block against is Curry. Curry, while not as athletic as Westbrook, is just so smart and fundamentally sound. He owns Westbrook. I wouldn't be surprised if that series was a sweep.

not to mention, OKC has the least amount of assists for any playoff team...my a very large margin..you aren't playing hero ball against GS, you will get trounced

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
I assumed SA and GS would both be in the WCF. Either of those teams beat us rather easily in the Finals in a 7 game series, unless someone on their side got hurt.

Essentially, if we get past the ECF, we need someone to get hurt. I'm not wishing an injury on someone, but that's our best and probably only shot. I don't think we'll be draining 3s like this in the Finals either. Heck, even if we do, the Warriors will do that better than us anyway.

Sad to say, I wouldn't put $1 on the Cavs winning, even at 500-to-1 odds.

...unless OKC somehow gets to the Finals.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
yall keep dismissing OKC all yall want.

the spurs and national media did too. and look whats happening.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Spurs are beatable. They don't deserve to be mentioned in Golden States class.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Russ's game has matured so well the last few years. I think they get it done tonight. Didn't once all year think they'd be capable of beating the Spurs.

And if so, I will not miss a second of gsw/okc

Legend
Legend
Who's better this playoff year so far, bogut or Adams from OKC

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish

Adams. The Spurs can't handle him.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Warriors/Thunder is going to be a bloodbath.

Legend
Legend
31 points? Wow.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Everything that could go wrong for the Spurs went wrong. I don't even know where to start lol. They're getting outhustled again, outrebounded again, 0-9 from 3, stupid fouls, a couple calls went against them, Ginobili with a hero shot at the end instead of just running the clock down more, etc. The Thunder just look like the better, more confident, and more cohesive team right now.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Thunder are killing the Spurs at literally everything.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Adams. The Spurs can't handle him.

Yup, pretty much. The Spurs tried putting in Marjanovic earlier, but he had like three over the back fouls and the they are down too much to have that guy in right now anyway

Legend
Legend
Old man Duncan refusing to die.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tough watching a fellow 1976er get old...lol

Legend
Legend
I'm telling y'all, don't sleep on OKC

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L

GS in 4

Legend
Legend
It will be interesting to see 2 completely different styles. Massive vs Small. OKCs bigs need to crush Barnes and Green if they want a shot.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway

GS in 4

Yeah, I don't see OKC winning more than one game in the series.

The games may be close in the 4th, but I just don't see GS losing the most important quarter. Heck, OKC tends to gag a bit in the 4th anyway (they ALMOST let SA come back last night). OKC will need more ref help to win a game or two, just like they bailed them out against SA twice.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
So I see GS over OKC in 5 and Cleveland in 4 over Toronto

As we've said since October, just get rid of the regular season and fast forward to CLE vs GS

GS beats CLE in 5

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Felt like this sequence summarized the series.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15525574&ex_cid=espnapi_internal

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: candyman92
It will be interesting to see 2 completely different styles. Massive vs Small. OKCs bigs need to crush Barnes and Green if they want a shot.
problem with that is Barnes and Green can play outside too okc can't

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Felt like this sequence summarized the series.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15525574&ex_cid=espnapi_internal

age pretty much did SA in, they need to move on from parker, ginobli and duncan, build around leonard with some younger players and they'll be fine. They just met a younger fresher team. SA had a good run, time to rebuild it.

Legend
Legend

For as much as people around here respect Popovich, I don't understand why he has to act like a colossal jerk to the media, ALL THE TIME. Belichick does the same thing.

I think the reporter asked a decent question regarding "going small". Pop could have answered that in a hundred ways without sounding like a bully. I just don't get it.

"Pop being Pop"
"He runs his team how he runs his team"
"He only answers to his players"
"The results speak for themselves"

Great, but that doesn't answer why he's a jerk.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
For as much as people around here respect Popovich, I don't understand why he has to act like a colossal jerk to the media, ALL THE TIME. Belichick does the same thing.

Because the media is full of colossal douches.

Legend
Legend
You've been anti-popovich for awhile. Normally I'd disagree and respond how I have zero respect for the media. However.....

I didn't like his responses either. I can understand giving short responses, but not the responses that he gave last night. He went overboard. That was the worst he's ever been.

Legend
Legend
I think part of it is that he hates the media, but I think the bigger part of it is that he hates that the league MAKES him talk to the media, especially after tough losses. The guy just wants to decompress and get out of there, yet he's forced to sit there and endure a bunch of guys trying to second guess him like they could do any better.

I've never been a fan of forcing interviews out of the losing team. I always loathed the "losing coach interview" in the Super Bowl and I hate the press room interviews they do in basketball. If the guys want to talk, let them. But don't force a mic in their face after a tough loss.

I think Pop does that more as a protest to league policy than anything.

Legend
Legend
You've been anti-popovich for awhile. Normally I'd disagree and respond how I have zero respect for the media. However.....

Well, he was a coach of a team that beat my team in the Finals. So naturally, I'm not going to like him. smile But yes, he's a great coach who is also a jerk. I'm not perfect either, but I'd like to think if I was famous, rich, and successful, I'd be able to get through a 4 minute press conference without insulting half the people in the room.

To Excl's comments, but talking to the media is part of the job. If you want to make millions coaching in the NBA, you have to talk to the media, win or lose. I don't think it's too much to ask for the coach to not be an asshat to the media. Hey, they're just trying to do their jobs too (which is something the league needs them to do).

And I get it, the media can be jerks too. They ask leading questions to trap the player or coach. They also ask stupid questions because they're stupid or they want the player or coach to react to the fake stupid question. However, with all that being said, just act civil. If he doesn't want to tell the reporter what he said to Tim, make something else up or respectfully decline.

Also, I would have laughed if the other reporter, that got blasted with the "Are you coaching now?" response, fired back at Pop with, "Were you coaching the past few games?", just to give him a little of his own medicine.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
I bet coaches really hate having to give the in-game interviews. That's got to be about the last thing they want to do between quarters.

S
Legend
Legend
S

I didn't like his responses either. I can understand giving short responses, but not the responses that he gave last night. He went overboard. That was the worst he's ever been.

I think he realizes that the Spurs aren't gonna be the same when Duncan leaves. They will still be a good team, but they just had that mystique that certain teams have when they have truly special players. Regardless, Duncan's age really showed toward the end of that series.

They still have a nice group of players, Aldridge, Leonard, Parker, good support guys. And really, nobody is able to go out and search for help like the Spurs.

I think it's also a pretty rare time that Pop got outcoached. I thought Billy Donovan outdid him big time.

Last year against the Clips, it was a few plays late in the game. When they lost to the Heat, I don't think it was coaching that did them in.

He got beat at his own game, and was a pretty sore loser about it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I bet coaches really hate having to give the in-game interviews. That's got to be about the last thing they want to do between quarters.

agreed. to me they are of little value as a viewer anyways

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Do the Raptors know they are allowed to call plays on offense?

S
Legend
Legend
S
You know, I normally hate when people say with basketball, all you need to do is turn it on during the last few minutes. I think it's a pretty dumb take said by people who don't really care about the game anyway, but want to chip on on the sport with their two cents.

but man, that opinion is so true for this Toronto/Miami series. This is hot steaming garbage. Anything more than a series win in 5 games is on the Cavs.

Legend
Legend
Miami should force game 7

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't like him, but Wade is a badass.

Legend
Legend
The next game will be our 5th in 24 days.

Legend
Legend
The next game will be our 5th in 24 days.

At what point do we start arguing rest vs rust. (Never)

At what point does ESPN start arguing rest vs rust. (When we're up 2-0 and they've run out of things that matter to talk about)

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
I hate them. Dumb idea from some media dweeb probably. Hate it as a coach; definitely hate it as a fan. Come on, Cavaliers!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/Playoffs Part Trois

Link Copied to Clipboard