Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481


Well, that ends that speculation!!!

Now it's who are we gonna add if some of the roll players bounce.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 16,195
Let's face it, he's never going to get the love like he does in Cleveland and if you can get the cash too. Staying seems like a no brainer.


#GMSTRONG
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Awesome news! Didn't see how he could possibly want to leave, but good news none the less.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Let's face it, he's never going to get the love like he does in Cleveland and if you can get the cash too. Staying seems like a no brainer.


Yeah, he pretty much has it made in almost all aspects here in Cleveland. I couldn't possibly see him leaving. Not after what he's done. Not after what he's accomplished.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Let's face it, he's never going to get the love like he does in Cleveland and if you can get the cash too. Staying seems like a no brainer.


Yeah, he pretty much has it made in almost all aspects here in Cleveland. I couldn't possibly see him leaving. Not after what he's done. Not after what he's accomplished.


Make him a TE or WR so we can finally get a super bowl ring.


“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
1
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
1
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,842
He's chasing MJ. You stay where your chances at getting #4 is the best. That'd be in CLE...

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Yuppers, he sure did say that this afternoon. They reported it during the celebration. Very nice job Cleveland.

Only three incidents..

1. Trying to get a better vantage point, people got on top of a bus stop and collapsed it.

2. Trying to get a better vantage point, People got on top of the Port a potties and collapsed several of them as well.

3. A 13 year old girl was shot in the leg, I understand she'll be ok. They one one in custody person and are searching for another.

It was a good day however.


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
Collapsing into a porta potty has to suck. There are few things more vile than a porta potty.


No Craps Given
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Collapsing into a porta potty has to suck. There are few things more vile than a porta potty.


I think the pictures of the damaged potties may be up on line somewhere if you really want to see them, but it doesn't look like they fell through them, but they did collapse them to about half way down.

Still, that has to be embarrassing. lol


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 27,850
Only to the folks who were sitting IN them when they collapsed blush


I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Only to the folks who were sitting IN them when they collapsed blush


Well yeah, there is that! LOL

Did you guys also hear that 45 children were separated from their parents (family) One of those good stories about cops. They took the kids to police station and finally got the families back together. All are fine at last report. Pretty amazing....


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 40,399

I'm glad he didn't drag that out.


yebat' Putin
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Lol I'm sorry, but if you're dumb enough to climb on a Porta potty, you deserve the likely consequences lol. People climbed onto that bus stop thing should've known better too, but I'm sure if I was there, I'd by climbing onto anything too to get a view.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,248
They should of had a much longer parade route. Tried to cram too many people into such a small route.

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
They should of had a much longer parade route. Tried to cram too many people into such a small route.


Obviously preparation was poor. Lesson learned for the next championship parade though wink

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
L
Legend
Offline
Legend
L
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,847
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
They should of had a much longer parade route. Tried to cram too many people into such a small route.
its like they forgot how to have a championship parade...i mean come on, its only been 52 years...its like riding a bike, which funny enough was the only transportation available last time cleveland won any thing..lol


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 51,050
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
They should of had a much longer parade route. Tried to cram too many people into such a small route.


I think that the initial estimates of the number of people they would draw was somewhere from 800K, or so. Then the estimates increased to almost 1M .... and they wound up with 1.3M ....... or more.

From the sound of things, they probably could have drawn upwards of 1.5 million if people would have been able to actually get into town. crazy

I am very proud of the city of Cleveland, and Cavs fans in particular .... because there was almost none of the violence and destruction we see in other cities when a team wins a championship.

Well done Cleveland, I hope you get to celebrate many more over the next decade or so. wink


Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,483
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,483
if the Browns ever won the title I'd expect the number in attendance to be doubled that


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 43,563
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Lol I'm sorry, but if you're dumb enough to climb on a Porta potty, you deserve the likely consequences lol. People climbed onto that bus stop thing should've known better too, but I'm sure if I was there, I'd by climbing onto anything too to get a view.


You think that's crazy, how about the folks climbing up the side of a building.. Yikes...

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebro...ith-best-062216


#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 52,481
at least theyre in decent shape? lol

Last edited by Swish; 06/23/16 02:56 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
D
Legend
Offline
Legend
D
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 12,635
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Lol I'm sorry, but if you're dumb enough to climb on a Porta potty, you deserve the likely consequences lol. People climbed onto that bus stop thing should've known better too, but I'm sure if I was there, I'd by climbing onto anything too to get a view.


You think that's crazy, how about the folks climbing up the side of a building.. Yikes...

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebro...ith-best-062216


Wow are you serious?!?! Yeah, that's crazy! Now I know what Shumpret was referring to when he said the stay safe thing about people on the buildings. I thought he was referring to those on rooftops.

Clevelanders man!

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 595
All Pro
Offline
All Pro
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 595
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Wow are you serious?!?! Yeah, that's crazy! Now I know what Shumpret was referring to when he said the stay safe thing about people on the buildings. I thought he was referring to those on rooftops.

Clevelanders man!


I think that's a parking garage and they're not actually climbing the walls, there are vents in the vertical pillars that they're squeezing out of. Not that it makes it that much less crazy, just not as physically taxing. LOL


Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 16,199
What's next for Lebron James?

4th, 5th, and 6th, Championship ...then retire as the best ever.


"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28,446
This one is done, and now we get to savor it for a while.... then, they begin the process of trying to defend.

2017 will be the grudge match with GS.... and we'll repeat.


Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
It's plausible that LeBron could play in 9 straight Finals. Let's say he does and gets 2 of the next 3, that puts his total championships at 5, his Finals record at 5-5. That would be pretty amazing if it happened that way, especially going to 9 straight with two different teams. That almost doesn't sound real. But I think it could happen.

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,612
R
Hall of Famer
Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,612
Winning this championship with Cleveland is a major credential in the future claim that LeBron James was the greatest NBA player of all-time.

Not only did he play at an incredible MVP level, but he basically engineered the requirements for Cleveland to become a champion.

Beyond physical attributes.

A profound understanding of what had to be done. And the burning will to care it out.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,065
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,065
I just wonder how much longer LeBron will want to do this..

Especially now after fulfilling "The Promise"

He's never going to be considered the GOAT because no one will ever be allowed to beat the myth of MJ. James could win 4 more titles and it'd be "well he didn't do it in the MJ era" or whatever..

LeBron is in his 30s. He could do movies, start whatever kind of business he wants, or do nothing..

His "legacy" is pretty much set to a point, so I just wonder how many more years of 100 game seasons do you wanna go through..


Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
E
Legend
Offline
Legend
E
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,438
He has a tv show coming out in August.


No Craps Given
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,483
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 75,483
I didn't realize MJ was in his mid 30s when he won his final 3 titles. Not saying LBJ can win 3 more, but 1-2 is possible. His minutes must be managed and the roster must be healthy/playing well.

Keeping Love might not sound like a great idea, but there might not be a good alternative; plus, there's something to be said for maintaining team chemistry. Teams that stay together get better together.


"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Boston is far to the left as KC settles into the slot. Fannin is flanked out wide to the right. Judkins and Sampson are split in the backfield as the ball is hiked ... Here we go."
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
I just wonder how much longer LeBron will want to do this..

Especially now after fulfilling "The Promise"

He's never going to be considered the GOAT because no one will ever be allowed to beat the myth of MJ. James could win 4 more titles and it'd be "well he didn't do it in the MJ era" or whatever..

LeBron is in his 30s. He could do movies, start whatever kind of business he wants, or do nothing..

His "legacy" is pretty much set to a point, so I just wonder how many more years of 100 game seasons do you wanna go through..


Basketball is LeBron's life. Always has been. He won't hang them up until he physically can't play anymore. He could never win another championship, and his legacy is already cemented after doing the impossible this year. Plus, he's trying to reach billionaire status. While endorsements will probably be the majority of that, his salary in the coming years will also be a major contributor. He will be the next player turned owner of a NBA franchise at some point.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Keeping Love might not sound like a great idea, but there might not be a good alternative; plus, there's something to be said for maintaining team chemistry. Teams that stay together get better together.


I think keeping Love is a great idea. He's a great player. I think he learned a lot about what it takes to be a part of a championship team. If he can begin to understand how he can impact the game without scoring, something he finally did in Game 7, I think the sky is the limit for this team. Plus, him and Kyrie can carry the team through the regular season and save LeBron for the playoffs.

I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Love.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
R
Legend
Offline
Legend
R
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,038
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
He's never going to be considered the GOAT because no one will ever be allowed to beat the myth of MJ. James could win 4 more titles and it'd be "well he didn't do it in the MJ era" or whatever..


I don't think there is a "myth" around Jordan. I'm a fan and may be biased, but if you lived it and grew up with him, he's just in a category all his own. You had coaches saying until he retired everyone else is playing for second place. You had MVPs being awarded to guys just because they didn't want to give it to Jordan again. That just doesn't happen today. And I used to hate Jordan. Despised him. I finally realized that hate was rooted in jealousy and had to put it aside and be honest that he was just that damn good.

I think LeBron is Top 5 for sure (maybe 2) after what he just accomplished. But there is no myth regarding Jordan. He was the fiercest, most clutch competitor the game has ever seen, IMO. He reinvented his game several times. He quit the game, took two years, and came back and won three more championships. He never had the luxury of playing with a dominant big man.

I just don't think there is any revisionist history when it comes to MJ. He was that good.

That does absolutely nothing to diminish LeBron and his greatness. And it doesn't matter if in anyone's eyes he passes Jordan. He's Cleveland's. And his greatness can stand on its own.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,065
Legend
Offline
Legend
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,065
I wasn't trying to diminish MJ. I understand that he is the GOAT.

I just feel like there's a generation of people who've grown up being told that he was the greatest ever and no one will ever be better than him..

I don't honestly think an LBJ/MJ comparison is fair to either of them. We're talking about a 20 year gap of time.. neither had to deal with anything the other one has.


Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum What's next for Lebron James?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5