Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Man Lindor is kind of a liability with his glove/arm isn't he. Almost every game I watch he pulls the 1st baseman off the bad a few times a game, he can't throw on the run. His bat is amazing, you can tell he's young

Hot Take!

But..... Crappy Lindor Play

Another terrible Lindor play

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Yeah I definitely don't get the hate on Lindor's D. I thought that was one of his stronger points.

Granted, I'm out in Seattle and don't get to see many games, but RTLW is the first I've heard complain about his D.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
Yeah I definitely don't get the hate on Lindor's D. I thought that was one of his stronger points.

Granted, I'm out in Seattle and don't get to see many games, but RTLW is the first I've heard complain about his D.

Ranking the 15 best shortstops in baseball in 2016... #4

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
to be fair i haven't watched alot of games last year and this year i just started watching, not saying its the case, but just from watching his throws have been bad, and bad angles sometimes when fielding, but the last two weeks i've noticed him pulling napoli/santana off the bag alot with this throws on the run, mostly going to his right

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
L
Legend
Legend
L
Also, I love Lindor, he's the most excited I've been about a player in a long time, and he's young so he's prone to errors yet, noone comes in being omar, except well maybe omar. Just saying I've noticed he seemed to struggle with throws from the 3rd base side to 1st, that being said, i've noticed that when he can stop and throw, even from the fringe, he has a laser for an arm, which for a guy his size is pretty amazing. I think maybe some of its our 1st basemen too, Napoli/Santana aren't really fielding stalwarts, but some of the throws i've seen, Napoli literally had to run 3-5 feet each side of the bag to pull in throws...I know it nit picking, but just something that caught my eye. One said throw actually allowed Atlanta to come back and tie it up at 2 yesterday.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is nice to see...

6/28/16
Tom Withers Verified account
@twithersAP
#Indians projecting at least four crowds over 30,000 during upcoming homestand. Progressive Field now holds just over 35,000.

Tweet

I'm headed to the game on the 4th with my wife and will be back up on the 6th with my youngest son.

Let's Go Tribe!

Legend
Legend
Good to see.

Although, the Indians have gone 20-6 in the month of June and are still barely pulling crowds of 30,000. The Cavs went just 4-3 in June and they can pull a crowd of over a million.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Good to see.

Although, the Indians have gone 20-6 in the month of June and are still barely pulling crowds of 30,000. The Cavs went just 4-3 in June and they can pull a crowd of over a million.

And the Tribe still hasn't lost since game 6 of the NBA finals..

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Bottom of the 5th, Indians up 2-0 after a 2-run single by Kipnis.

Get the sweep!

Legend
Legend
still rollin

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Found this article interesting. I don't know anything about any of the diamondback players.

Cleveland Indians should be buying what the Diamondbacks are selling
By Matt R. Lyons  @mattrly on Jun 29, 2016, 10:26a 81

As long as those hideous jerseys don't come with him. - Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The two teams make sense as trade partners.

With their 3-4 loss to the Philadelphia Phillies last night, the Arizona Diamondbacks find themselves in a rough spot. Despite all the money and prospects they spent acquiring talent in the offseason, they are currently 36-44 and a full 13.5 games back of the National League West-leading San Francisco Giants. No matter what hope they clung to at the start of the season, the realistic option for them at this point is to sell at the trade deadline. If they do, the Cleveland Indians should be very interested.

For all the misfortunes of the Diamondbacks' 2016 season so far, they have consistently had a couple intriguing bullpen arms. If the Indians are going into this deadline looking to improve upon their 11th-ranked (AL) reliever ERA, they have plenty of options to pick from the corpse of the Diamondbacks.

First and foremost, if the Indians want a quick rental reliever, they can look at a reliever like Daniel Hudson. The 29-year-old veteran has a 3.26 ERA in 30.1 innings this season but is only under contract until the end of 2016. If the Diamondbacks are sellers, Hudson is probably one of the players they will be the most motivated to move.

If the Indians want to go potentially a bit cheaper, they could target 36-year-old Brad Ziegler instead, who has served as the Diamondbacks closer over the last two seasons. Ziegler is owed a bit more than Hudson ($5.5M compared to $2.7M), but if he is willing to move out of a designated closer and into Bryan Shaw's setup role and if Terry Francona is finally willing to turn away from pushing Shaw onto the mound every other day, it would be a perfect fit for the Tribe.

Alternatively, if the Indians are willing to part with a few more prospects, they could also look at Tyler Clippard. The Diamondbacks signed Clippard to a two-year, $12.3 million deal this offseason, but like many of their signings, it has not resulted in a winning team. Clippard is not having a particularly amazing season -- 3.07 ERA, 4.01 FIP -- but he is striking out 29.7 percent of the batters he faces and has a track record as a solid reliever.

Moving away from relievers, let's a get a little crazy. Dim the lights and make sure no children are reading this post right now, because what if the Indians traded for Jake Lamb? The 25-year-old third baseman is the midst of a breakout season for Arizona with a .286/.366/.584 slash and 16 home runs. He is under team control through 2017 with arbitration carrying him to 2020. If the Indians truly do not see a future in Giovanny Urshela or even Yandy Diaz and the Diamondbacks are really slamming that sell button, maybe something can happen there. Perhaps something built around Tyler Naquin and one of the many young arms in the Tribe system?

Of all the deals that the Indians could make with the Diamondbacks, a Jake Lamb trade is admittedly pretty low on the totem pole of possibilities. But before you angry-comment, sit on it, chew on it, sleep on it. Let it rattle around your head. It's not too crazy.

No matter what the Indians consider doing at the trade deadline, I have to imagine a deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks will be at least discussed. The two teams talked during the winter meetings about a trade for Danny Salazar (which obviously is not happening now), and when the Diamondbacks were spurned they went after Shelby Miller instead. They dumped a whole lot of prospects for the struggling pitcher, and now the top of their farm system is looking pretty barren. And on the Indians side of things, no matter who they would want to acquire from Arizona -- save for my loony Jake Lamb suggestion -- it would not take the entire farm. Everybody wins*.

*Except whoever gets sent to Arizona and has to wear their jerseys.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/6/29/120...dbacks-deadline

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Legend
Legend
17 over 500

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
KC and StL tied 0-0 in the 7th

M
Legend
Legend
M
I read that article as well, interesting read. I'm definitely more interested in acquiring someone for the backend of the bullpen than I am a bat.

Shaw wrecks my nerves.

However.....12 in a row!

J-Ram had two outstanding plays at 3B. Heads-up play to cut down the runner at home in the 1st inning.

Naquin had a nice running catch on the track. Good to see.

Let's Go Tribe!!!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was shocked to hear our 11 game win streak was the most since 1982, and 12 wins the most since 1952. Pretty surprised none of those 90's teams did that.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' ..... grin laugh tongue

Staring out 6-0 on a 10 game road trip is more than anyone could expect. Our starters have been magnificent. The biggest concern I have with our pitching is that we are hardly able to use our bullpen.

McAllistar has pitched 6.2 innings in June. (1 ER)
Otero has pitched 8 innings in June. (1 ER)
Chamberlain has pitched 3.1 innings in June. (2 ER)
Hunter has pitched 5.2 innings in June. (0 ER)
Manship has pitched 6 innings in June. (1 ER)
Gorzelanny has pitched 2.1 innings in June, and overall, for the Indians. (0 ER)

Of course, Shaw and Allen have gotten most of the late inning work. Part of me agrees with those who are driven nuts by Tito constantly sending Shaw out there ..... however, Shaw has been exceptional in the set-up role in the past, so I can see why Tito is trying to get him turned around. I cannot imagine that we continue with him if he doesn't get straightened out fairly soon. I would think that we are looking at late inning guys right now, and that Shaw has until we bring in such a guy to get himself fixed.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am a Reds fans first, but I always pull for the Tribe also. Great run, fun stuff to watch.

All Pro
All Pro
Wonder what the tribes record will be at the end of the season? I'm guessing at this pace it will be 131-30. Lol

[Linked Image from img.villagephotos.com]
All Pro
All Pro
Wonder what the tribes record will be at the end of the season? I'm guessing at this pace it will be 131-30. Lol

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 1488

That would give us a 99 game win streak to end the season. Not going to happen. 130-31 is much more realistic tongue

All Pro
All Pro
Well regardless it's been a fun week and a half to be a Cleveland fan.

Legend
Legend
The Indians are 47-30 right now. There are 162 games in the MLB season, so we have 85 games left.

Assuming that we win somewhere around 60% of our remaining games, (which seems reasonable, or maybe even light, considering our rotation, and the way we have been playing) we should finish up with somewhere around 51 additional wins. That will give us a total of somewhere around 98 wins for the season.

I think that we have a shot at 100+ wins. We'll see though.

The Royals are currently in 2nd place in the division. They are currently 6.5 games out of 1st, and are currently tied 2-2 in the 12th in their game against the Cardinals. If we win 60% of our remaining games, and wind up with 98 wins, and the Royals do win tonight, then that means that they would still have to go 57-28 from here out just to tie the Tribe.

In other words, the Indians are in pretty good shape for making the playoffs, and winning the Central, right now.

One other really encouraging thing is that the Indians are tops in the AL with a run differential of +91. Next best in the AL is Boston with a +64 differential.

The Cubs have a staggering +170 run differential, and they are the only team with a better run differential than the Tribe.

I love where this team is at right now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

All Pro
All Pro
I like what watching that run differential grow. Cubbies are in a slight slump as of late.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love watching the Indian base runners !

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The Tribe’s current 12 game winning streak is their longest since 1951.

Do you comprehend that?

In the last 65 baseball seasons the Indians have not won 12 games-in-a-row.

That’s 10,000+ games, 65 years.

Not 12 in-a-row till yesterday.

Thirteen is the franchise record. That’s the longest in Cleveland’s 115 year history.

As Cleveland Indians fans, we are experiencing historically good times.

The Cleveland Indians Big Four Starting Pitchers in 1951

Bob Lemon

Bob Feller

Early Wynn

Mike Garcia

These were tough dudes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
As Cleveland Indians fans, we are experiencing historically good times.

Fixed it for you. At this rate, the Browns might win their Orange and Brown scrimmage.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Thanks Excl.

I was initially an Indians fan. (1968)

Then Browns (1970)

Then Cavaliers (1989)

What a Cavs team in '89:

Brad Daugherty
Mark Price
Hot Rod Williams
Craig Ehlo
Larry Nance
Steve Kerr
Ron Harper
Tree Rollins

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
At this rate, the Browns might win their Orange and Brown scrimmage.

Let's not get carried away now.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
As Dave might say:

"At this current rate the Tribe will go 132-30"

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Thanks Excl.

I was initially an Indians fan. (1968)

Then Browns (1970)

Then Cavaliers (1989)

What a Cavs team in '89:

Brad Daugherty
Mark Price
Hot Rod Williams
Craig Ehlo
Larry Nance
Steve Kerr
Ron Harper
Tree Rollins

And Michael Jordan is the ONLY reason that those guys never ended up hoisting that trophy.

I've been wearing a lot of my Cavs gear around town lately and I'm waiting for someone to call me a bandwagon fan so I can let them know that I've been a Cavs fan since World B Free was the best player on the team.

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
Just ask people whether Austin Carr played in the NBA, or if he was just brought in along with Fred McLeod to be the new radio announce team.

If they know that he played in the NBA, as them what team he played for.

"What???? Austin Carr played for the Cavaliers???? When???" shocked LOL

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Man Lindor is kind of a liability with his glove/arm isn't he. Almost every game I watch he pulls the 1st baseman off the bad a few times a game, he can't throw on the run. His bat is amazing, you can tell he's young

This is so dumb.

Legend
Legend
There are some things that I simply find no value in responding to. The post you referenced was one of those.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Just ask people whether Austin Carr played in the NBA, or if he was just brought in along with Fred McLeod to be the new radio announce team.

If they know that he played in the NBA, as them what team he played for.

"What???? Austin Carr played for the Cavaliers???? When???" shocked LOL

AC was a little ahead of my time, YTown. He started playing for the Cavs the year I was born.

#gmstrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: 1488

That would give us a 99 game win streak to end the season. Not going to happen. 130-31 is much more realistic tongue

As the Indians lose their last game and the media reports that we are going into the playoffs on a losing streak and with our confidence shaken.....

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
DC, I believe you asked before about Indians game being nationally televised so you could watch them play. If I recall correctly, I saw last night on MLB network that the Tribe vs Blue Jays games (both Friday and Saturday 1pm games) are going to be aired on MLB Network.

Just a heads up.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Definitely going to buy mlb.tv once the price gets cut down to 50. Tribe has earned that much from me.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

All Pro
All Pro
Carlos...7.1 IP with 14 k's

Legend
Legend
13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Indians 2016: First Place?!

Link Copied to Clipboard