Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the reminder. Indians broadcast on Ch 737

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
We beat the Twins! laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
keep rollin

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
About time.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Squires
MLB free trial this week. I get to watch Indians games for a week.

Thanks for the reminder. I am watching them now. :-)

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: Squires
MLB free trial this week. I get to watch Indians games for a week.

Thanks for the reminder. I am watching them now. :-)

same here thanks squires

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Rain delay in the 11th. Seriously?

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yan Gomes is hurting the team. No excuse not to catch that ball.

Feel bad for the guy, but his head just isn't in it right now.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Carlos Santana killed us last night with his poor glovework at 1B. He is brutal in the field. There was no reason for Tito to rest Napoli last night in just the second game back after a 4 day break.

Legend
Legend
tough loss last night ugh

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Have been saying for weeks that Tito's head scratching management has been putting us in some bad positions .. Second game in a row he went to long with Bauer also !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Have been saying for weeks that Tito's head scratching management has been putting us in some bad positions .. Second game in a row he went to long with Bauer also !

I like Tito a lot and think he's a good fit for the Indians, but if he has one flaw (which is probably what makes him good too) is his loyalty. He sticks by guys even as they're struggling.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Love Tito , but he has a BAD habit of going to long with CERTAIN starters and ( opinion ) he is over the top on the lefty/righty thing ..

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Yan Gomes is hurting the team. No excuse not to catch that ball.

Feel bad for the guy, but his head just isn't in it right now.

Thus team sure seems to have fun though.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/7/16/122...rgive-yan-gomes

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
hopefully gomes is okay

Legend
Legend
but keep rollin

M
Legend
Legend
M
I saw that. No doubt this team has great chemistry. I thought it was great when Uribe was hugging Gomes in the dugout after he got robbed of a hit for the third time the other night.

Nice win today. Let go win the series against KC!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
hopefully gomes is okay

Cleveland Indians' Yan Gomes dislocates right shoulder; Roberto Perez will be recalled

on July 17, 2016 at 7:42 PM, updated July 17, 2016 at 9:25 PM

MINNEAPOLIS – When catcher Yan Gomes hit the ground, his whole body hurt. Then the pain started to make private visits to different body parts.

First in line was his left knee. When the pain somewhat eased in the knee, his right shoulder started to hurt.

"Really, I was hurting all over," he said.

Gomes suffered a separated right shoulder Sunday in a nasty spill at first base in the fifth inning while trying to beat out a ground ball. He'll be placed on the disabled list Monday and the Indians will activate Roberto Perez, who was rehabbing at Class AAA Columbus as he recovered from a broken right thumb.

"The X-rays showed it's a dislocated shoulder," said Gomes, his right arm in a sling. "There is something sticking out of it right now."

While Gomes' injury might end his season, the Indians' immediate response was that they were not going to go out and pursue an established catcher such as Milwaukee's Jonathan Lucroy. As of now, they believe Perez is ready to guide one of MLB's top pitching staffs through the rest of the season and, perhaps, into the postseason.

In the third inning, Gomes doubled off pitcher Kyle Gibson's glove. The hit ended a 0-for-27 skid and caused a strange celebration in the Indians' dugout. Players were wearing capes and shaking maracas and other noisemakers in celebrations of Gomes getting a hit.

On Saturday, they stole a page from the movie "Major League" and sacrificed a Boston Market chicken to help Gomes get over his season-long slump. But in the 11th inning Saturday night, Gomes made an error at the plate that allowed the Twins to score the winning run. Now he's headed back to Cleveland with a dislocated shoulder.

Terry Francona on Yan Gomes' injury
"I thought the sacrifice was supposed to be a good thing," said Gomes. "But I got a hit and we got a win. That's plenty."

Gomes, with one out in the fifth inning, sent a grounder to third. Here's how he saw the play unfold.

"It was just one those plays where you put a two-strike pitch in play, put your head down and run," said Gomes. "When I looked up, I saw the first baseman (Kennys Vargas) reaching out (for the tag). I tried to avoid it and he tagged me and kind of threw me off balance.

"When I stepped on the bag, my leg just jammed and that's when I kind of catapulted and landed on my shoulder."

Regarding his left knee, Gomes said, "The knee is fine. It hurt really bad at first, but it was more just because I jammed it. . . When I got to sit down for a second, that's when I noticed my shoulder was starting to hurt. Then I looked over and my shoulder didn't look right. I tried to move my hand and it kind of hurt."

Manager Terry Francona said it was tough to go from the pure joy of the celebration over Gomes' hit to the injury two innings later.

"Everybody was so happy for him," said Francona. "One, he hustled his ass off, which he always does. But, you could see the pure joy of guys for him.

"It's just, things like this happen. You don't know when it's going to happen, but it happens and, hopefully, you're prepared so it doesn't get in the way of what you're trying to do."

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf...art_river_index

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' laugh

Looks like Gomes will be out for a while with a shoulder separation. Maybe a little time off will help him. He has been pressing, and maybe some down time, followed by a trip to the minors, will help him out mentally.

Fortunately, Roberto Perez is ready to go following his return from the DL, and his rehab assignment. Gimenez really doesn't give us much with the bat either, but he is a great backstop. It is amazing how few balls in the dirt get past him. Perez is also solid handling pitchers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Evidently their ritual for Gomes did not have the desired effect.

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Evidently their ritual for Gomes did not have the desired effect.

It is very bad to drink Jobu's rum - VERY bad.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I can't stand Shaw. That is all.

#gmstrong
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
I can't stand Shaw. That is all.

Me neither.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
L
Legend
Legend
L
Shaw sucks, we need another reliever in the worst way, it doesn't help that for all that Tito does well, managing pitching isn't one of them..He always leaves them out too long. But KC has our number, their offense loves to see our pitching come to town

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
7 points in one inning. Couldn't even get one out?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Shaw hadn't given up a run since June 14th.

KC has winning % of over .700% at home (if I'm not mistake), it not just us they beat at home.

However, the Indians do need to add an arm to the pen before the trade deadline.

This is a game they let slip away. Surprised Kluber didn't pitch the 8th.

Legend
Legend
Kluber's calf cramped up on him, so he couldn't continue.

It was certainly disappointing to see Shaw come in and fail to hold the lead, but he had been very good in his last 17+ innings. I also, though, would love to be able to add another plus bullpen arm, if at all possible.

Well, back on the winning path tomorrow.

Legend
Legend
another tough loss late in the game ... time to win one today

M
Legend
Legend
M
Rick Manning seemed to indicate Kluber going out and then pointing to his calf was nothing more than the Indians creating more time for Shaw to warm up to come in and start the eighth.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not going to win many Play-off games with this bullpen ( as it stands now ) , we have been saying this all season long .. Tito sticks with Shaw until the FO SAYS, " NO MORE " !

Last edited by waterdawg; 07/19/16 08:05 AM.
Legend
Legend
Certainly must be Jobu! Ritual must have gone wrong. Somebody step up and get us back on track soonest, please.

Start Jobu. Roll, Tribe!!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Shaw hadn't given up a run since June 14th.

KC has winning % of over .700% at home (if I'm not mistake), it not just us they beat at home.

However, the Indians do need to add an arm to the pen before the trade deadline.

This is a game they let slip away. Surprised Kluber didn't pitch the 8th.

While he may not have given up runs he gets himself into jams that will eventually will bite this team like last night. Kluber pointed to his calf and they pulled him - probably a cramp but better safe than sorry.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
No doubt he does put himself into some jams. Seems to struggle throwing strikes early. It's frustrating.

It's going to be interesting to see what this team does before the trade deadline.

Legend
Legend
MLB Trade Deadline Rumors

Miller is 'probably' top Indians target
Update: 1:31 p.m. ET
Yankees lefty Andrew Miller is "probably" the top trade deadline target for the Indians, reports Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports. Cleveland needs a left-handed reliever, and Miller's affordable salary and willingness to accept any role makes him a very desirable trade target. Plus, you know, he's really good. The Indians may be the most well-rounded team in the AL. Their one glaring weakness is a shutdown lefty reliever.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
getting Miller would cost a pretty penny

Legend
Legend
He is 31, and has 2 years left at $9 million per year. That's kind of steep for this team.

I also wonder what we would have to give up for him. I do not want to have to give up Naquin, even with other OF in the pipeline, because he has shown that he can play CF at the Major League level, and can both hit, and hit with more (developing) power than he did in the Minors. He has shown a commitment to developing his body, as well, adding 10# of muscle in this off-season, without sacrificing speed and quickness. He has the highest batting average of any position player on the team. Naquin has a .314 average, 8 doubles, 5 triples, and 10 HR. He also has the highest slugging % of any position player. Despite striking out as many times as he has, he has the highest OBP and OPS of any position player. I think that as he develops his eye further at the Major league level, he will be able to put the ball in play more consistently. He is already a really good bad ball hitter.

He still strikes out too much, but he is definitely improving at the Major League level ..... and I would hate to trade him away, and have him become a 30 HR+ guy who also hits .300 and plays a very good CF. I do not want to trade him away.

Legend
Legend
The Yankees will want some very good assets in return. Their three bullpen guys are of the utmost value in today's game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
He is 31, and has 2 years left at $9 million per year. That's kind of steep for this team.

I also wonder what we would have to give up for him. I do not want to have to give up Naquin, even with other OF in the pipeline, because he has shown that he can play CF at the Major League level, and can both hit, and hit with more (developing) power than he did in the Minors. He has shown a commitment to developing his body, as well, adding 10# of muscle in this off-season, without sacrificing speed and quickness. He has the highest batting average of any position player on the team. Naquin has a .314 average, 8 doubles, 5 triples, and 10 HR. He also has the highest slugging % of any position player. Despite striking out as many times as he has, he has the highest OBP and OPS of any position player. I think that as he develops his eye further at the Major league level, he will be able to put the ball in play more consistently. He is already a really good bad ball hitter.

He still strikes out too much, but he is definitely improving at the Major League level ..... and I would hate to trade him away, and have him become a 30 HR+ guy who also hits .300 and plays a very good CF. I do not want to trade him away.

i'm with you there, naquin should be one of the untouchables..it would be brandon phillips all over again

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Legend
Legend
D
Michael Brantley is having discomfort in his shoulder again, and will have an MRI tomorrow.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/7/19/12231528/cleveland-indians-michael-brantley-injury-news

I don't think we can count on Brantley this year.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Michael Brantley is having discomfort in his shoulder again, and will have an MRI tomorrow.

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/7/19/12231528/cleveland-indians-michael-brantley-injury-news

I don't think we can count on Brantley this year.

That really sucks for him. (and the team, of course)

It has to be driving him nuts that here the team is doing so well, and he is unable to help or contribute.

Indians won tonight, and Detroit lost, so that's a good thing. laugh

Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'

(I know it's the 1st win of a won streak ..... but you have to start rollin' somewhere) tongue

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Indians 2016: First Place?!

Link Copied to Clipboard