Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: Haus
That difference is incredible. I'd say that if I were hooked on PS4 games, it would be tough to go back to NES games.

I really haven't played new video games in a while now though. They take too much time to be competitive at and they're too addicting. I'm actually cool just playing some of the old classics here and there now. I find it more relaxing and enjoyable.

As someone who has a ps4 and games quite a bit in my free time, I can say that the old NES/SNES/Genesis/etc era of video games still hold up today. Graphics-wise, no, but gameplay and story have always carried those games. Plus the whole nostalgia angle.

For as cool as this NES release is, I literally have every single NES, SNES, and Genesis game on my computer in a file that doesn't even reach more than a gig or two. You can buy USB knock offs of the old controllers on amazon for under 10 bucks, and you are good to go.

I've even introduced some of these old games to my niece and nephew who are 8 and 10 years old, and they actually dig the games, which is cool. I would think they would see it as lame, but the were really into them.

SNES was such an underrated system. So many awesome games, and probably my favorite Zelda game in the series (Link to the Past)

Graphics aside, those NES and SNES games were more entertaining to me than some of today's games. Maybe it was the novelty or the nostalgia, but I could spend hours playing without becoming bored.

That's because they have what many of today's games lack: gameplay, replayability, and storylines.

All of us "old school" gamers saw the decline as it was happening. As graphics cards got more powerful, game developers continually focused more and more on eye candy and 'brain candy' went by the wayside.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't know, I think the main reason NES games seemed so much better is because I hadn't hit puberty yet.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: Haus
That difference is incredible. I'd say that if I were hooked on PS4 games, it would be tough to go back to NES games.

I really haven't played new video games in a while now though. They take too much time to be competitive at and they're too addicting. I'm actually cool just playing some of the old classics here and there now. I find it more relaxing and enjoyable.

As someone who has a ps4 and games quite a bit in my free time, I can say that the old NES/SNES/Genesis/etc era of video games still hold up today. Graphics-wise, no, but gameplay and story have always carried those games. Plus the whole nostalgia angle.

For as cool as this NES release is, I literally have every single NES, SNES, and Genesis game on my computer in a file that doesn't even reach more than a gig or two. You can buy USB knock offs of the old controllers on amazon for under 10 bucks, and you are good to go.

I've even introduced some of these old games to my niece and nephew who are 8 and 10 years old, and they actually dig the games, which is cool. I would think they would see it as lame, but the were really into them.

SNES was such an underrated system. So many awesome games, and probably my favorite Zelda game in the series (Link to the Past)

Graphics aside, those NES and SNES games were more entertaining to me than some of today's games. Maybe it was the novelty or the nostalgia, but I could spend hours playing without becoming bored.

That's because they have what many of today's games lack: gameplay, replayability, and storylines.

All of us "old school" gamers saw the decline as it was happening. As graphics cards got more powerful, game developers continually focused more and more on eye candy and 'brain candy' went by the wayside.

Totally agree. I enjoy today's games, but they really are driven more by online play and 100% completition. Fetch quests can be repetitive and seem like work as well. I finished Far Cry 4, and it was a fun game with a ton of fun stuff to do, but if you don't search for some of the side items, and stick with the main story, you can get through the game in 2-3 days.

There really wasn't any of that back then. Game makers were forced to produce a game with a hefty storyline.

I'm still an offline player with my games. There are still great games with great stories, and awesome replayability. I don't mind the Far Cry series and the Assassin's Creed series, but they don't compare to games like Fallout, and the Witcher. But again, I payed 14 bucks for Far Cry 4, and 18 for ACBF, so at that value, you get a fun game to mess around with.

I feel like the market today for good to great games is fair, if you are willing to wait past the release day. I almost never buy games right away. Amazon knocks the price down a month or two after release.

Although I will say that sports games today are so much better. Having your own franchise mode and being able to operate your team as a GM and a coach is awesome. I literally learned the way the transfer window works in soccer because of FIFA. It really is pretty lifelike to run a franchise.

I also love the game mode where you create your own guy and you only control that guy as he progresses as a pro athlete. I used to love having a guy through NCAA and into Madden. So awesome.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming The Return of NES

Link Copied to Clipboard