Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
link

Browns WRs Andrew Hawkins, Corey Coleman sidelined for preseason opener

Hamstring injuries prevent duo from playing at Green Bay

The Browns will be without two of their top receivers for Friday’s preseason opener at Green Bay.
First-round rookie Corey Coleman and veteran Andrew Hawkins will be sidelined because of their respective hamstring injuries, Browns coach Hue Jackson said after Wednesday’s practice.
“Those guys, we’re going to make sure that they’re exactly where they need to be,” Jackson said.
Hawkins has been out for a week with his injury while Coleman, who starred with three long catches in Friday’s scrimmage in Berea, has been sidelined since Saturday. Coleman said Monday he didn’t consider the injury to be anything serious and understood why caution was being exercised at this stage of training camp.
“I’m going to do whatever the trainers want me to do, if that’s me going or if that’s me just sitting out just resting so we’re going to see,” Coleman said.

Just posting as it was mentioned in another thread and folks might not see it.

May as well use this thread for any other injury reports for this game, too.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Thanks Purp.

Sucks that we can't see Coleman live yet. Hopefully its a precaution and he can play in games 2/3

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I was excited to see Coleman.. Oh well, perhaps next week.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Lot's of guys missing time w/injuries. Glad we got that new strength and conditioning staff.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Lot's of guys missing time w/injuries. Glad we got that new strength and conditioning staff.

Besides Hawkins, Coleman, Gordon and perhaps Pryor, who else are we missing?

Des Bryant is out also...

That's maybe 5... out of 90 guys. Is that a lot?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
Do a search.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I hope to see WR Ricardo Lewis exceed his standing of being a 4th round draft pick.

Legend
Legend
2016 Cleveland Browns Injuries: Preseason Week 1
Player Pos Injury Game Status
Gary Barnidge TE Abdomen Probable
Trey Caldwell CB Hamstring Questionable
Corey Coleman WR Hamstring Probable
Shon Coleman T Lower Body Probable
Seth DeValve TE Hamstring Probable
Cameron Erving G Elbow Probable
Josh Gordon WR Suspension Non-Football Injury
Andrew Hawkins WR Hamstring Probable
Nile Lawrence-Stample DT Shoulder Probable
Patrick Murray K Knee Probable
Randall Telfer TE Knee Probable

This can't be totally up to date because we know that Coleman and Hawkins are out for tomorrow and there isn't any thing about Pryor on this list.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Are theses "injuries" something to really be worried about or are they just being cautious? It's hard to get a good read until the games count for real. I've been getting a more making sure little things don't become big things vibe, but that's based on second and third-hand info.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Better to be safe than sorry.

Besides, I want to see want the lower tier guys have anyway.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Are theses "injuries" something to really be worried about or are they just being cautious? It's hard to get a good read until the games count for real. I've been getting a more making sure little things don't become big things vibe, but that's based on second and third-hand info.

Corey Coleman worries me a little, Pryor doesn't. Not worried about Gordon. The rest look like dings. Well, except for Barnidge that is. Wasn't that non football related surgery?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

Corey Coleman worries me a little, Pryor doesn't. Not worried about Gordon. The rest look like dings. Well, except for Barnidge that is. Wasn't that non football related surgery?

I worry about Coleman just because he's had a history of soft tissue stuff

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Corey Coleman sitting out doesn't worry me at all....yet. I think they just want to be careful with the rookie.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Really? You had to get that dig in didn't you? This staff is working these guys hard. I'm happy to see the energy. The WR's are missing time due to sore/strained hamstrings and is mostly cautionary, except "Smokey" Gordon who hasn't spent much time with the strength and conditioning staff at all.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Really?

No, it's just an illusion.

Legend
Legend
A Grand Illusion. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Apparently Hue pulled TP out of practice yesterday, even though TP thought he was fine. I'm glad they're taking it a bit easier on these boys this season.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I thought that last year Pet was criticized for running Camp Cupcake and that Hue is being lauded for running a tougher camp?

Legend
Legend
People just like Hue more than they liked Pet. It happens.

I think that Hue is a better head coach candidate than Pet was. and will be a better head coach then Pet was. I wanted continuity, and was against Pet being fired, but once they did fire him, at least they replaced him with the guy who was my top head coach choice.

The team also took a completely different approach to building this team once Farmer was fired. Hopefully the owner actually sticks with a plan (and front office/coach) for a few years so they can actually build something.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I get that, but what is it..........is the camp tougher or easier this year? Or are people just making things up to "feel good?"

Legend
Legend
I get that, but what is it..........is the camp tougher or easier this year? Or are people just making things up to "feel good?"

there is way more full pads, hitting, and tackling. The Cleveland Browns Daily radio hosts last year were calling camp "Camp Cupcake" and are thrilled about how frequently there is live tackling this year.

*edit* for example, last year there was no live tackling until day 7 of training camp:
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...4e-7d844d45863d

Last edited by clevesteve; 08/11/16 04:58 PM. Reason: fixed date
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, I know. LOL

I was just pointing out CHS talking out his butt again. brownie

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I know. LOL

I was just pointing out CHS talking out his butt again. brownie

Ah, yeah got it. Definitely not taking it easier on them this year lol.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey...........what do you know of Connor Hamlett? I heard he is looking pretty good thus far.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
More physical, more running, trying to be smart about injuries.

I suppose it depends on whether the player in question is dinged up or not.

Dinged up -> Easier
Healthy -> Tougher

Shelton looks like he's been working harder this season.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Hey...........what do you know of Connor Hamlett? I heard he is looking pretty good thus far.

I knew literally nothing about him before training camp. I've probably just heard the same stuff you have.

Joe Thomas got a new twitter account (for real) and said the OL expects Hamlett to have the most preseason TDs on the team.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I thought that last year Pet was criticized for running Camp Cupcake and that Hue is being lauded for running a tougher camp?

Pett's camp cupcake showed a lack of intensity within the team that was displayed during their games. If Hue's teams come out flat then he should get the same criticism. However, there's nothing wrong with protecting your players in the NFL, if it doesn't become a problem.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I never said it was wrong. What's wrong was your interpretation of the situation.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

there is way more full pads, hitting, and tackling. The Cleveland Browns Daily radio hosts last year were calling camp "Camp Cupcake" and are thrilled about how frequently there is live tackling this year.

*edit* for example, last year there was no live tackling until day 7 of training camp:
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...4e-7d844d45863d

We also had a ton of soft tissue injuries, pulls, sprains, and such, early on in camp. That contributed to not wanting the team to get beat up with a lot of guys already hurt.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Pet's team didn't come out flatter than soda? news to me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
What? LOL

Legend
Legend
So I watched the replay of the game on NFL network, they had the Packers broadcasters.. the one broadcaster early in the game said that he remembered seeing the Browns last year and all of their WRs were really fast 5'9 guys so they needed to add some size to their WR group in the offseason... did he miss our first pick on a 5'11" WR? rofl

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
So I watched the replay of the game on NFL network, they had the Packers broadcasters.. the one broadcaster early in the game said that he remembered seeing the Browns last year and all of their WRs were really fast 5'9 guys so they needed to add some size to their WR group in the offseason... did he miss our first pick on a 5'11" WR? rofl

GB's broadcast was painful to watch haha

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2016 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 11 Packers 17 Browns WRs Andrew Hawkins, Corey Coleman sidelined for preseason opener

Link Copied to Clipboard