Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: candyman92
I also think it's smart he's visiting Baton Rouge and the flood victims. Not sure if he actually cares, but it looks good on his image.

So as Louisiana is experiencing devastating floods and Milwaukee is burning... Obama is playing golf in Martha's Vineyard...

#leadership

The Governor of Louisina said that Obama is welcome anytime but because they would need to use resources that are currently working to help flood victims for the Presidential detail. While he's welcome, the Governor felt it was better he wait for a while.

He also said that The President provided all the resources needed and asked for through FEMA and Homeland Security.

In other words, this is much ado about nothing.

Last edited by Damanshot; 08/19/16 10:46 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

as is almost always the case.

Legend
Legend
I also think it's smart he's visiting Baton Rouge and the flood victims. Not sure if he actually cares, but it looks good on his image.

So as Louisiana is experiencing devastating floods and Milwaukee is burning... Obama is playing golf in Martha's Vineyard...

#leadership

As always in politics ....... do as I say, not as I do.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Legend
Legend
A
So.........it's good for Obama to stay away, but 8 years ago it was bad for Bush to stay away. Got it.

Now, personally, I don't see a need for a president to be present on the ground at most natural disasters. Anything he could do there is just as easily doable by not being there.

But, the double standard is ridiculous.

Kinda like this double standard concerning Hillary: CNN's headline: Report: Clinton told FBI Powell advised use of private email"

That certainly makes it seem that Powell told Clinton to set up a private server and ignore the state department e-mail - the old "well, someone else told me to do it" excuse.

Read the article.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/19/politics/hillary-clinton-colin-powell-email/index.html

You'll notice these statements towards the end:
Quote:
Powell Principal Assistant Peggy Cifrinio's said in a statement that the former secretary of state did write Clinton an email memo describing his use of his personal AOL email account for unclassified messages.
"At the time there was no equivalent system within the Department," Cifrinio said. "He used a secure State computer on his desk to manage classified information. The General no longer has the email he sent to former Secretary Clinton. It may exist in State or FBI files."

Quote:
While Clinton has pointed to Powell and Rice as examples of previous Secretaries of State who used their personal email accounts, advancements in email technology and the widespread adoption of email for government use since Powell's term cast Clinton's use of a private email account in a sharply different light. Powell worked at the State Dept. during email's infancy, operating on an antiquated system through which he would have sent far fewer emails.
Furthermore, though Powell admitted to using personal email account on the job, he did not set up a private email server at his personal residence the way that Clinton did in Chappaqua, New York.

Notice, Powell explicitly said "don't use personal e-mail for any classified documents."

Hillary promised she didn't. Then, when it was revealed she had, she switched her stance to "None were marked classified at the time I sent or received them." When that was proven wrong, she said her old pal James Comey said "Hillary did not lie." And then he went on and told about her lying.

And one other thing about lies.

Has anyone heard, or seen, that the State Department has said the $400 million sent to Iran WAS related to the hostages?

It's weird - not many news outlets are talking about it. Even though Obama said the money had NOTHING to do with the hostages..........we just happened to pay it 36 years after the fact.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Haus

So Trump is visiting Baton Rouge and the flood victims. Obama has been out golfing. Why does this seem so backwards? Maybe that's not fair-- every president vacations and it's really not even about him anymore. Where is Hillary?!

I can understand a president not being at a site. I didn't blame Bush for not being in New Orleans right away.

You're right about Hillary.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I'm also impressed Trump dumped Manafort. He'd win this in a land slide if he acted like he has more often.

A
Legend
Legend
A
http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/clinton-aides-perk-up-with-prospect-of-classified-fbi-leak/

Weird.

Remember, clinton sent or received NO classified e-mails. Ever.

Except the ones that WERE classified.

And now this, from her campaign (read the article).

Here's a quote:
Quote:
The Clinton campaign communications director, Jennifer Palmieri, scolded: “Would remind all that this material is classified. So this is leaking of classified material.”
SEE ALSO
Hillary can't stop lying even when she doesn't have to
Hillary can't stop lying even when she doesn't have to

The officials, though, didn’t seem so concerned about the safeguarding of classified information when it was housed on a private server owned by their boss, Clinton.

Indeed, Palmieri denied it even existed. “Hillary didn’t send any classified materials over email: Hillary only used her personal account for unclassified email,” Palmieri claimed in a blog post more than a year ago.

So, she sent NO classified e-mails.......yet now, her staff is saying "hey, wait, you can't put those out in public, they are classified."

Yet some people won't even care.......

Sad damn state of affairs.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Gawd, I'll be glad when this election is over.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Great addition to the conversation. thumbsdown

A
Legend
Legend
A
So......wait, the DNC is ALREADY saying that the hacked e-mails that might come out
Quote:
“Democratic leaders are putting out a warning that could help inoculate Hillary Clinton against an October cyber surprise: Any future mass leaks of embarrassing party emails might contain fake information inserted by Russian hackers,” reported Politico, based on a conference call between Rep. Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic Party leaders on how to strategize against future leaks.

First, there were no hacked e-mails........right?

Now, in a pre emptive move dems are saying "well, if anything bad shows up, it was the russians that did it."

What a freaking farce. And people will vote for this female dog?
http://observer.com/2016/08/dems-claim-next-wikileaks-release-will-include-fabricated-content/

Quote:
The Democratic Party knows it’s been hacked—and how damaging that information can be. Their only defense now is to provide the public with some sort of plausible deniability to weather the negative publicity the release will create. Future leaks will likely be worse than the first DNC emails provided by WikiLeaks and, depending on the date of the release, the Democratic Party may not have much time to react before the general election.

Because the Clinton campaign’s claims of Russian interference worked so well in obfuscating the content of the emails, they have employed similar tactics to attack Trump and the Republican Party. While the Clinton campaign and mainstream media have illuminated any connections they can between Trump and Russia, they have dismissed entirely the substantial connections between the Clintons and Russia.

Clinton’s campaign manager, John Podesta, founded a lobbying firm, the Podesta Group, with his brother Tony that registered earlier this year as a lobbyist for Russia’s largest bank, Sberbank. The same firm lobbied the State Department on behalf of the uranium company Uranium One, while Clinton served as secretary of state. During Clinton’s tenure, Uranium One gradually transitioned to Russian control while the company’s chairman donated over $2 million to the Clinton Foundation. Rather than genuinely being concerned about Russian influence, the Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party establishment are utilizing anti-Russian politics to manufacture support for their candidate.

Honestly, not even the best Hollywood writer could come up with this stuff.

If hillary's mouth is moving, guarantee she's lying. Yet some will vote for her.

Unreal.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Bet no one will read this - or, if they do, they'll scoff at it.

http://www.investors.com/politics/commen...m-paid-to-iran/

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Unfortunately I think too many people have to sign off on something this big. I doubt anything happens.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

#leadership

The Governor of Louisina said that Obama is welcome anytime but because they would need to use resources that are currently working to help flood victims for the Presidential detail. While he's welcome, the Governor felt it was better he wait for a while.

He also said that The President provided all the resources needed and asked for through FEMA and Homeland Security.

That didn't stop Obama in 2012 when a wildfire in Colorado Springs burnt down 300+ homes. He was on the ground a couple days later. The fire was only about 40% contained and the planes fighting the fire had to be grounded.

Another wildfire in 2013 took to another 300+ homes, not a peep from Obama. The difference? Obama was not running for reelection in 2013, just like he is not running for reelection today. Obama only cares about people when their is political gain in it for him.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'll be glad when the 2020 election is over and we have a decent President in office.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I hate YouTube mobile. This video is a really good watch on a phenomenon called the Backfire Effect. It ties in to things I've said in the past-

https://youtu.be/U0QLjA1GSVI

Basically when confronted with a fact that is contradictory to what we believe, our logic and reasoning shuts down. Our fight or flight kicks in to over drive. It's no longer about being right, but winning an argument by yelling. You combat this by asking somebody to explain their argument.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This relates to the next election cycle, but in 2020 the entire millennial generation will be eligible to vote and generation z will be able to start voting.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
So......wait, the DNC is ALREADY saying that the hacked e-mails that might come out
Quote:
“Democratic leaders are putting out a warning that could help inoculate Hillary Clinton against an October cyber surprise: Any future mass leaks of embarrassing party emails might contain fake information inserted by Russian hackers,” reported Politico, based on a conference call between Rep. Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic Party leaders on how to strategize against future leaks.

First, there were no hacked e-mails........right?

Now, in a pre emptive move dems are saying "well, if anything bad shows up, it was the russians that did it."

What a freaking farce. And people will vote for this female dog?
http://observer.com/2016/08/dems-claim-next-wikileaks-release-will-include-fabricated-content/

Quote:
The Democratic Party knows it’s been hacked—and how damaging that information can be. Their only defense now is to provide the public with some sort of plausible deniability to weather the negative publicity the release will create. Future leaks will likely be worse than the first DNC emails provided by WikiLeaks and, depending on the date of the release, the Democratic Party may not have much time to react before the general election.

Because the Clinton campaign’s claims of Russian interference worked so well in obfuscating the content of the emails, they have employed similar tactics to attack Trump and the Republican Party. While the Clinton campaign and mainstream media have illuminated any connections they can between Trump and Russia, they have dismissed entirely the substantial connections between the Clintons and Russia.

Clinton’s campaign manager, John Podesta, founded a lobbying firm, the Podesta Group, with his brother Tony that registered earlier this year as a lobbyist for Russia’s largest bank, Sberbank. The same firm lobbied the State Department on behalf of the uranium company Uranium One, while Clinton served as secretary of state. During Clinton’s tenure, Uranium One gradually transitioned to Russian control while the company’s chairman donated over $2 million to the Clinton Foundation. Rather than genuinely being concerned about Russian influence, the Clinton campaign and the Democratic Party establishment are utilizing anti-Russian politics to manufacture support for their candidate.

Honestly, not even the best Hollywood writer could come up with this stuff.

If hillary's mouth is moving, guarantee she's lying. Yet some will vote for her.

Unreal.

This is hilarious.

Friendly reminder that Wikileaks has a pristine, 10 year record of releasing leaks and categorizing information, and this includes information that has hurt a wide range of candidates/platforms/parties.

This doesn't mean they are infallible, I think that would actually be a dangerous assumption to make, but the fact that the Democrats are already trying to discredit the leak before it happens is off-putting at best. There must be some really juicy stuff in there.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Trump donates an 18-wheeler full of supplies for flood victims:

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Apparently that was 70,000 pounds of supplies. Wow!

http://circa.com/circa-now/happening/president-obama-will-visit-louisiana-next-week#circa-atom-0

Quote:
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made a huge donation to Louisiana flood victims Friday during his tour of the state.

According to Church International pastor Greg Crawford, Donald Trump donated 70,000 lbs. of goods.

Items included water, diapers, blankets, school supplies, cleaning supplies and non-perishable food.

I'm sure there will be some who downplay this as pandering or a publicity stunt or whatever, but that kind of donation is still incredibly helpful during such a disaster.

Legend
Legend
why would anybody downplay it?

regardless of his intentions or not, the people down there are just grateful for the supplies.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Hillary Clinton, just yesterday, finally issued a statement regarding the flooding.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ok, we get it . Hilary is a douchenozzle. Is there really very many on here who like Hilary? It seems like most of us who cant stand Trump, also despise Hilary.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Haus
Apparently that was 70,000 pounds of supplies. Wow!

http://circa.com/circa-now/happening/president-obama-will-visit-louisiana-next-week#circa-atom-0

Quote:
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made a huge donation to Louisiana flood victims Friday during his tour of the state.

According to Church International pastor Greg Crawford, Donald Trump donated 70,000 lbs. of goods.

Items included water, diapers, blankets, school supplies, cleaning supplies and non-perishable food.

I'm sure there will be some who downplay this as pandering or a publicity stunt or whatever, but that kind of donation is still incredibly helpful during such a disaster.
I think that is very cool of him to do, but i am also kind of wondering why he went down there when he was asked to stay away.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
From what I understand, the governor asked that politicians don't come down if they are just going to use it as a photo opp. He asked Trump and others to volunteer and/or make a donation instead, and Trump did those things. I haven't followed this all that closely. It is possible that Trump did not follow all the normal procedures as far as when and what to volunteer and donate. I don't know.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Have any of the candidates mentioned the meth pandemic spread everywhere?

Legend
Legend
issues that affect us domestically instead of overseas?

come on bro, you're asking far too much.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
I think that is very cool of him to do, but i am also kind of wondering why he went down there when he was asked to stay away.

Leadership. Something we haven't had in a very long time.
It will seem strange at first and leave you questioning but that is ok, you will get used to it, in time, with President Trump.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think (surprise) Bernie is the only one to ever even try to bring it up. I think Cruz mentioned reducing sentencing and getting people help.

I remember Ben Carson making stupid comments on it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

Leadership. Something we haven't had in a very long time.
It will seem strange at first and leave you questioning but that is ok, you will get used to it, in time, with President Trump.
But hes not a leader, and my understanding was that the guy who IS a leader asked for them all to stay away and out of the way and not create a media circus .

Maybe he should have flown over on his private jet and waved at all the poor folks below. Maybe he can help in the recovery by giving all the HS kids scholarships to Trump U.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Yeah. Probably the best thing for him to do would've been to go on a golf vacation.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah. Probably the best thing for him to do would've been to go on a golf vacation.

Yep "It took President Bush 5 days to visit Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina hit and the media would never let him off the hook for it, even calling it a “stain” he could “never recover from.” It’s been a week since devastating flooding hit many parts of the same state, destroying thousands of homes and killing 13 people but President Obama still has not stopped golfing in Martha’s Vineyard to visit".

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Yep "It took President Bush 5 days to visit Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina hit and the media would never let him off the hook for it, even calling it a “stain” he could “never recover from.” It’s been a week since devastating flooding hit many parts of the same state, destroying thousands of homes and killing 13 people but President Obama still has not stopped golfing in Martha’s Vineyard to visit".

Remember, 'George Bush doesn't care about black people'.?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
A
Legend
Legend
A
And like I said before, I don't think a president needs to be a "boots on the ground" guy.

But, let's keep it real here. What's "bad" for one president should also be reported the same way for a different president.

Really nothing other than fair reporting, right?

Saw a post today on facebook. I know how that all works - but it made me think: " I don't see any BLM boats down here rescuing people. I don't see BLM donating water, etc. It's just us, helping each other."

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Someone brought up this incident the other day. For those of you who don't know, Bush was extremely upset about Kanye saying that. He was very sad that Kanye said that about him. To the point where it haunted him for quite some time. But could you imagine the same situation playing out with Donald Trump? If Ye said that about Trump would people just shrug? Can you see Donald Trump staying up thinking about that like Bush? It's interesting.

Legend
Legend
i never blamed bush for not going to katrina.

what was he gonna do? stand around? the security team needed for the president would've gotten in the way of everything.

also, did Trump give anything during Katrina?

i'm asking because i don't know. because if he didnt, then we all know where the intention is. if he did, then we know this was genuine. not that it matters to the people on ground, but in the broad spectrum of this campaign trail....well come on.

Last edited by Swish; 08/20/16 06:56 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I don't understand the hatred for Bush not appearing either. They would have had to given Bush an insane amount of resources just to make sure he was safe. He probably would have been out on blast even more. Presidents don't have to be at disaster scenes. It's a nice gesture, but a presidents safety is more important.

Legend
Legend
not even that the president's safety is more important. it's that the disaster relief is more important.

i agree, the resources needed just isn't feasible in a time like that.

nobody needs speeches and crap, they just need action.

Federal aid is what the president or whoever can provide. so when people try to compare what he's doing to what Trump is doing....it' not really an apples to apples comparison.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Republican Donald Trump again made a direct appeal to black voters on Friday night, urging them to abandon the Democratic party and give him a chance.

“Tonight, I’m asking for the vote of every single African American citizen in this country who wants to see a better future,” Trump told the crowd.

“What do you have to lose by trying something new, like Trump?” he asked them. “You’re living in poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58% of your youth is unemployed, what the hell do you have to lose?”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016...-for-black-vote

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 08/20/16 07:44 PM.
Legend
Legend
lol, yea no.

we he starts going hard rallying against the war on drugs and police brutality, then maybe. i havent heard much from him about that. certainly not during his RNC speech.

til then, nah son.

Last edited by Swish; 08/20/16 07:45 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
A Man Who Says God Punishes Gays with Natural Disasters Had His Home Destroyed in the Flood

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/man-says-god-punishes-gays-201224289.html

Tony Perkins, who has made a career railing against LGBT people-including saying that God sends natural disasters to punish them-just had his house destroyed by a natural disaster.

Perkins is president of the Family Research Council, which the Southern Poverty Law Center classifies as an anti-gay extremist hate group. Tony Perkins also lives in Louisiana, where there's been massive flooding this week that has killed 13 people and destroyed thousands of homes-including Tony Perkins'.

"This is a flood, I would have to say, of near biblical proportions," Perkins said, adding that he's now living off "God's provisions."

Here, via SPLC, are some other quotes from Tony Perkins.

"While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem."
"The videos are titled 'It Gets Better.' They are aimed at persuading kids that although they'll face struggles and perhaps bullying for 'coming out' as homosexual (or transgendered or some other perversion), life will get better. … It's disgusting. And it's part of a concerted effort to persuade kids that homosexuality is okay and actually to recruit them into that lifestyle."
"Those who understand the homosexual community-the activists-they're very aggressive, they're-everything they accuse us of they are in triplicate. They're intolerant, they're hateful, vile, they're spiteful. .... To me, that is the height of hatred, to be silent when we know there are individuals that are engaged in activity, behavior, and an agenda that will destroy them and our nation."
And, in a 2015 interview, he agreed with extremist Messianic Jewish pastor Jonathan Cahn that Hurricane Joaquin was a "sign of God's wrath" over the legalization of gay marriage and abortion, saying: "God is trying to send us a message."

Was God trying to "send" Tony Perkins a message this week? Or was He trying to "send" Ted Cruz a message, who appointed Perkins to his failed presidential campaign's "advisory council for religious liberty?"

Or was He trying to "send" the Republican National Committee a message? After all, they allowed Perkins to play a decisive role in crafting the Republican Party platform last month, including a fun little provision that advocated for sending LGBT people to gay conversion therapy-a thoroughly debunked and possibly destructive method of "treatment."

Or is Perkins just a normal person, like LGBT people, who now has to overcome adversity?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Presidential Election Campaigns 2016 part 4

Link Copied to Clipboard